From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2245
Date: Friday, September 24, 2004 5:09 AM

1. Re: emptying fuel tank
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

2. Re: A new set of keys
From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: emptying fuel tank
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 00:02:27 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: emptying fuel tank

Hi Westley

The easiest way is to remove the fuel feed to the back of the metering
head, put the hose into a jerry can and jump the fuel pump at the RPM
relay. I can talk you through this over the phone, it's quite easy

Martin
www.delorean.co.uk

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:07:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: A new set of keys

> Okay, so now I've got my key code -- you're telling
> me that any locksmith anywhere can make me a new
> DeLorean key with nothing more than that number and
> the right blank?

Yup! If (s)he's any good and has the right code
books/software. If you can't find one, let me know. I
will order blanks soon... hold me to it, Stephen.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 23:23:16 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

The "best" or safest way is to open the tank where the fuel pump is
and use a fluid extractor such as you can find at Griot's Garage or
Eastwood. I recomend doing this on every car once a year especially if
you are going to store the car. This way you can remove ALL the fuel,
remove any dirt, debris, water that you find and you can examine this
very important hidden area of the car. IMHO most of the fuel system
problems that occur on a Delorean BEGIN in the fuel tank. The first
time you do this it may be expensive, you might have to replace some
of these parts but once you have done it you will get by with just
removing the fuel and wiping out the tank. The bonus is that in the
Spring when you are ready to take the car out you will have FRESH fuel
in it, not old, dead, stabilized fuel. If you find that there is a lot
of dirt in the tank you should consider replacing the filter as that
junk is in there too. Do not skimp on the condition of the hoses and
boots, if they are deteriorated they MUST be replaced. You are only
going to have problems if you do not replace any questionable parts in
this area. The problems will range from fuel smells to expensive
replacement of fuel system parts. Work safely, do this outdoors with
plenty of ventilation, observe static electric precautions, use
approved containers for fuel, try not to get fuel on bare skin and do
not inhale the vapors. BTW you don't have to discard the fuel, just
put it into another vehicle. If it is dirty just filter it.