From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2246
Date: Saturday, September 25, 2004 4:28 AM

1. RE: Re: Delorean hard to keep running when engine is cold
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

2. Re: A new set of keys
From: "Lauren" <LPLand_at_dml_earthlink.net>

3. The next best thing to being there.
From: "fgdavison" <fgdavison_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Anyone have more pics of DMC Houston's "modernized" D?
From: "Dan" <copper_trace_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: Re: Glue/cement for window trim
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: Anyone have more pics of DMC Houston's "modernized" D?
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

7. Re: Re: Manual Shifting questions
From: "Mike Polzin" <MPolzin_at_dml_sen.com>

8. Re: Delorean hard to keep running when engine is cold
From: "Dave" <v-davidj_at_dml_microsoft.com>

9. Re: Sudden acceleration syndrome?
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Sudden acceleration syndrome!
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Photos of DeLorean Estate.
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Frame restoration..
From: nicholden_at_dml_yahoo.com

13. Thermostat Cover leak ... Thoughts please ...
From: "Nick Kemp" <nkemp_at_dml_bwig.net>

14. DeLorean Event not to be missed!
From: "turbodmc3113" <turbodmc_at_dml_hotmail.com>

15. Re: Frame restoration..
From: ComposerZelgadis_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:39:24 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Delorean hard to keep running when engine is cold

Robert,  As you pointed correctly there are no parts you can buy to rebuild
the WUR. If the resistor is bad it has to be robbed from another WUR.
Gaskets and filters have to be made and unless you have built a pressure
adjusting bench and the tools, then all you can do is wash it out and put it
back together. If the supplier we have now decides to quit rebuilding them,
then I will set up a system to do it for all the WUR I sell for all cars.
That's why I have over 100 different cores to help protect from being in big
trouble.
Just an FYI
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/warm-up-regulators.html

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:04:53 -0700
From: "Lauren" <LPLand_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: A new set of keys

I have a single key "fits Volvo X29" key as well, made by Taylor,
that came with the car.

...........................LP
10440

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 03:58:23 -0000
From: "fgdavison" <fgdavison_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: The next best thing to being there.

I just received my copy of Video Bob's DVD of the Pigeon Forge
Delorean Car Show today and it's really fun to watch.  Lot's of
interesting people and stories and everyone looks like they had a
great time celebrating the Delorean.

Makes me sorry I couldn't go.  Next time for sure...

Fred Davison
Santa Maria, CA

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 01:53:18 -0000
From: "Dan" <copper_trace_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Anyone have more pics of DMC Houston's "modernized" D?

i'm looking for more pics and info on their car...

I've looked over their site.. and nothing there..

thanks,

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 01:59:23 EDT
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Glue/cement for window trim

In a message dated 9/17/2004 5:54:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu writes:
If you take a look at the tech section of www.dmcnews.com, someone
listed that you can use window trim from a Ford Probe and it will look
much better.>>

You'll need to find it at a junkyard. Ford parts guy told me it's out of
production use since '90, off parts list since 2000.
Wayne

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:28:05 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Try deloreancarshow.com, specifically:

http://www.deloreancarshow.com/dcs-2004/vendors.html

Dave S

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:19:38 -0500
From: "Mike Polzin" <MPolzin_at_dml_sen.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Manual Shifting questions

Just as an update to this problem. Toby, Matt S. , and Dave T. were correct,
my shift cable is out of adjustment. I played around with it last night, and
lengthened to a bit too much. I now have 5th, but lost Reverse, first and
Second. Now my plan is to start shortening the cable by 1/2 turn until I get
reverse to engage - then I will also hopefully have 5th as well. It seems
like it is just a matter of finding the sweet spot where everything works.
The good news is that it is not the transmission!

Mike Polzin

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:12:50 -0000
From: "Dave" <v-davidj_at_dml_microsoft.com>

Hi Robert...

I am the person Toby spoke of.  While there are no rebuild kits
available, there is some maintenance you can perform on the CPR to
keep it healthy, or restore it.  I got some great information from
the already published article on dmcnews.com by Dave Santos:

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/controlpressreg.htm

If you are interested, I can send you some pictures of what I did to
clean my CPR and get it working again.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_c...>
wrote:
> I would agree that the CPR is the root of the problem. Tampering
with
> the fuel mixture is only a last resort item.
>
> However, I am rather curious about something in your post, Toby.
You
> said that a local owner to you is planning on rebuilding the CPR.
> Where is he able to find replacement parts for the
gaskets/diaphram,
> wiring, etc? I wound up buying a rebuilt CPR, because I couldn't
find
> rebuild kits, or components anywhere. Volvo dealership, BOSCH
> supplier, no one had them.
>
> -Robert
> vin 6585 "X"
>

> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, tobyp_at_dml_k... wrote:
> > Mike - We have a local car that is behaving in a similar
fashion, and
> > we have identified the problem as being a clogged and corroded
CPR

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:48:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Sudden acceleration syndrome?

It appears to have been my Idle ECU too. Got a new one and it has been idling in the garage for a half an hour now. I sure hope that was it considering the price. Argh.

Chris

Christopher Hawes <chris_at_dml_hawes74.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
I had this and it turned out to be my idle computer..... swap it with
another owner to prove that this one. It is located in the panel on the
drivers side of the rear parcel shelf. Simply unscrew and unplug as it is I
suppose a late 70's attempt at plug and play technology....

Regards

Chris Hawes

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:04:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Sudden acceleration syndrome!

IF this happens to you (see previous posts) the first thing to do is disconnect your Idle Speed ECU. The engine will idle differently, mine was a little higher, but it will run. And it will run without the engine accelerating on its' own. This is NOT a long term solution only an emergency operating procedure. It should get you home. I think we're going to see more of these go as the cars age.

By the way, if this doesn't stop the problem then you've probably got a loose connection somewhere or a vacuum leak. Do the ECU disconnect first as it is the easiest check. The others are a time consuming hunt.

All the above is just my hair brained advice. (How's that for a disclaimer?)

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:34:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Photos of DeLorean Estate.

Trump has photos on the website of the construction of
the old DeLorean home in to a golf club house.

http://www.trumpgolf.com/trumpbedminster/index.asp

Check the whole site, there are lots of photos
scattered about.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 23:32:55 -0000
From: nicholden_at_dml_yahoo.com
Subject: Frame restoration..

Hi, just a question relating to the frame. I just had it blasted and
powdercaoted which i am very happy with. What do people normally do
with the areas that cant be accessed with the sand blaster ie...
inside the front area around the front of the fuel tank, the rear
side supports of the engine cradle etc.... i'm not sure completely
what the epoxy is like in there just looking through a hole with a
torch but it appears to be coming away slightly. Should i maybe have
had the frame acid dipped instead so as to get in all the little
areas. Or am i being to fussy?? Dont get me wrong the frame is by
all accounts in great condition but i am a perfectionist, which is
not always a good thing! My thought was that i could just spray
these areas with a rust deterant spary/paint? Just after other
peoples experience and thoughts. Thanks Nick -sydney 10927

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 21:17:28 -0500
From: "Nick Kemp" <nkemp_at_dml_bwig.net>
Subject: Thermostat Cover leak ... Thoughts please ...

I found the leak (Trying to be optimistic that there is only one).  It is
leaking between the thermostat cover and base.  The gasket is installed
first and then the thermostat in the correct orientation.  The thermostat
and gasket/ring was replaced a couple years ago and the gasket appears OK.
The gasket sits a little loose in the hole and has done so since day 1.

Before I button this up, are there any thoughts.

Thanks,

Nick

Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 02:56:03 -0000
From: "turbodmc3113" <turbodmc_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: DeLorean Event not to be missed!

Ok I have more images and info of places we will be visiting on the
Fall Tour.

If you look at the images you might think this tour was in Europe!
It will be truly magnificent with great photo opportunities.
This tour is closer than you think, it is on Long Island just past
the city line thus it is about 50 minutes closer than going all the
way out to PJ Gradys.

If you ever went to a Delorean Event or thought about going this is
the one you don't want to miss! Here is a link to the newest
images
(look at the other photo pages too)
http://www.falltour.itgo.com/photo2.html

I need to here from those of you who are thinking about coming
because I need to have a head count ASAP please e-mail me with your
contact info and if you will be coming with your D.
Falltour5_at_dml_hotmail.com    that's falltour5athotmail.com .

For registration forms and more info please go to the Delorean  Mid
Atlantic web page.
http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/events/Falltour5/regform.pdf
or
http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/events/falltour5.htm

October 16th & 17th

Regards,

Michael DeLuca
President DeLorean Mid Atlantic

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 23:01:12 EDT
From: ComposerZelgadis_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Frame restoration..

In my opinion, and as far as I know, just spraying it >should<  suffice.  I
don't believe these are "problem areas" on the frame, but I am  by no means an
expert.  How often ya drive in the rain?   =p