From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2253
Date: Thursday, September 30, 2004 9:09 PM

From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>

From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

From: "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel_at_dml_lffltd.com>

From: "gzapf" <x86Daddy_at_dml_myrealbox.com>

From: "Darkstar" <darkstarmedia_at_dml_comcast.net>

From: Sean Mulligan <sean_mulligan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. OEM stereos
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

10. Re: Bad things happen on GOOD days!
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

11. Re: Pigeon Forge DVD set
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>

12. Re: front turn signal
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

13. Re: LockZILLA with Remote ZILLA kit for sale
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

14. RE: OEM stereos
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

15. Re: OEM stereos
From: "Bob Hlavacek" <bob.hlavacek_at_dml_snet.net>

16. mode switch
From: Eric Itzel <eric_at_dml_seviernet.com>

17. AW: Pigeon Forge DVD set
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

18. Desperate for a door lock set
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

19. Re: Desperate for a door lock set
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

20. Re: Pigeon Forge DVD set
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

21. Re: Another DeLorean Lost...
From: "gzapf" <x86Daddy_at_dml_myrealbox.com>

22. Re: Desperate for a door lock set
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

23. Re: Re: Bad things happen on GOOD days!
From: "Ed Garbade" <edgarbade_at_dml_hotmail.com>

24. Re: Desperate for a door lock set
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

25. Re: Re: Bad things happen on GOOD days!
From: Eric Itzel <eric_at_dml_seviernet.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 01:17:07 -0000
From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>
Subject: Pigeon Forge DVD set

Well I just received my copy of the Pigeon Forge DVD set and watched
it right away. All I can say is that it is defenitely worth the $20.
For those of you that haven't ordered one yet - you should. The
speeches by Fred Dellis and Bob Gale are worth the money alone, even
if you were there. It is of great quality and would fit right in with
any DVD collection.

I am not trying to solicit on behalf of Video Bob just passing on my 2
cents worth.
Max

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 03:06:09 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Re: Bad things happen on GOOD days!

Is it deep?  You'd be surprised what can be fixed.  Take a picture of
it.  If it's not over a large area, you could have someone fill the
area with stainless weld, and then grind it down and refinish the
area.  It would be barely noticeable.  Don't lose hope yet!

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 02:40:29 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Can't you just do an insurance claim for the door if it is
unrepairable?

Joe

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 03:59:53 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

I have an identical dent, courtesy of original owner hitting a fire
hydrant. Is indeed irrepairable without separating the door skins
(verified so by Rob Grady) -- inner structure prevents access to pound
it out. Good news is: you can learn to live with it. I've done so for
three years. Used to allow me to identify my car in a sea of similar
colored vehicles. Now, I may accidentally climb into yours by mistake...

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 06:19:28 -0000
From: "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel_at_dml_lffltd.com>
Subject: Re: Trailing arm bolt question

Toby and David - Thank you very much for the insight. I think I have
enough good info now for a sucessful swap. I'm going to give it a go
this weekend. Will advise with my results. I plan to take photos as
well.

-sean

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 04:55:05 -0000
From: "gzapf" <x86Daddy_at_dml_myrealbox.com>
Subject: Adjusting the throttle cable

I recently checked my full-throttle switch situation to discover that
my throttle spool is not rotating completely when the accellerator
pedal is completely depressed.  This leads me to believe I haven't
actually fully opened the throttle on my '81 automatic.

Looking at my accellerator pedal, the stop screw, although sticking
out quite a bit, already allows the cable to go back into it's outer
tube as far as possible, so it doesn't look like I have room for
adjustment there.

Can anyone describe the process (or point out a reference) of setting
up the cable / spool situation so that it travels from full throttle
to idling properly?  I couldn't find anything in my service manuals.
Too basic?  :-)

Thanks,
--Greg

Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:44:47 -0700
From: "Darkstar" <darkstarmedia_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: RE: negative earth

I have a 75 Mercedes 450sel that is positive ground.

Darkstar

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 00:24:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: Sean Mulligan <sean_mulligan_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: front turn signal

i just replaced my front turn signal lights with
1157s...they seem dim for blinking and parking light
status...has anyone else had this problem?

thanks.

-Sean Mulligan

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:55:09 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: OEM stereos

Some months ago, I purchased a non-functional ASI stereo via Ebay.
Well...it was supposed to function but I'd been had by the seller.

Thanks to the generosity and technical expertise of a friend, we've
discovered that the power switch contacts are shot and cannot be
rebuilt.

Does anyone:

A) Know where replacement parts can be had
B) Be willing to sell a defunct ASI stereo that died from a different
cause that might still have a good on/off switch?

If not, we'll creatively hide an external rocker switch for it.

Thanks all,

Rich A.

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:13:21 -0000
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

A few photos have been uploaded to the web address posted below.
Unfortunitly, I don't have collision on the car at this time (now I'm
kicking myself in the ass), so I can't claim anything. For this dent,
like Bill Robertson's, the door skins most likely would need to be
seperated. Lets just hope his is in a different area so he doesn't
drive away with 5003 ;)..Photos for whoevers interested are located at
http://damngoodsite.net/5003damage.html. Thanks guys- Dani B. #5003

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:32:36 -0700
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>
Subject: Re: Pigeon Forge DVD set

I second the motion.  Got my DVD set yesterday and Video Bob did a great
job.  I am very impressed with the quality.  I have taken movies and videos
all my life and know all the tricks.....his camera takes were rock
steady....no waving the camera like a flag or zooms like a slide
trombone.....nice transistions.  He put names of each new person on the
screen...one of my pet peeves...not knowing who was who.   It is nice to
connect names with pictures when you NEVER see them in person.  Also Ken
sure did a great job in selecting guests.  We were not there this year, but
wished we had been.   Thanks.
    Murray
    Vin: 05962
    Lic:  DMC-XII

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:35:39 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: front turn signal

Yeah - clean the contacts and the grounds. Grounds are located near
the radiator brackets on the front frame.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Sean Mulligan <sean_mulligan_at_dml_y...>

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:27:49 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Re: LockZILLA with Remote ZILLA kit for sale

Matt,

Buy Toby Peterson's door launchers, www.delorean-parts.com. Zilla
wants something on the order of $600-$800 for his, plus you have to
buy a Lockzilla remote system for several hundred more. So you can pay
over a grand, wait who knows how long, and be tied into Zilla, or you
can pay in the neighborhood of $200 for Toby's EXCELLENT kit which is
available now.

BTW, these launchers rock. One of the coolest things I've done to my
car, and the install was easy & reversible if you don't like it.

-Ryan

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, M M <dmc4matt_at_dml_y...> wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> Just wondering what these "New Zilla Updates" are. I am looking into
getting the door launchers for my car eventually, and just want to
know what is new on the market.

> BTW- Stupid Question: Is there such a thing as a door closer??? I
know there are the launchers, but is there such a product that will
close the doors?

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:48:24 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: OEM stereos

I think that DMCH sells the OEM radios don't they?
- VB

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:16:25 -0400
From: "Bob Hlavacek" <bob.hlavacek_at_dml_snet.net>

I have one if anyone is interested.

Bob 10961  bob.hlavacek (AT) snet.net

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:29:55 -0400
From: Eric Itzel <eric_at_dml_seviernet.com>
Subject: mode switch

Hey Everybody

Is the ventilation mode switch supposed to turn the compressor on in the
defrost position? Mine does not, but it would be very nice to throw some
dry air at a foggy windshield to clear it up. Is there a way to
adjust/rig the mode switch to do such a thing?

Thanks in advance!

Eric Itzel

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 22:34:21 +0200
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>
Subject: AW: Pigeon Forge DVD set

Well, I had a pretty hard time to get those DVD's as VideoBob
doesn't sell things to non Americans. He wouldn't accept my PAYPAL
account which works very good with everybody else.

Also I am not impressed of the high quality of the prints the he
said are so great. I mean - who is "Bob Gail" or "Don Stegar" ?
OK, just typos, that happens. But still the prints look cheap.

The content of the DVD's are ok. But I would have loved to see more
of the meeting, not just the single people talking. Some more minutes
that show the building with the cars and details of some special cars
would have been great.

I would say 20 bucks are ok for it though I still don't get why my
PAYPAL account wasn't good enough for him.

Elvis & 6548

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:34:07 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Desperate for a door lock set

I'm STILL desperately looking for a door key lock set for my car.  It
needs to be the newer style that uses the spring clip, and both must
work with a key.  Please contact me off list if you have a set.

thanks,

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:00:52 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Desperate for a door lock set

Does that mean you need the ignition lock too? Later cars use a
single key for both.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_p...>

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:00:49 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

In the same context as Elvis' comments, who is "Rich Weisensell"?
Not a real big deal, but I guess I am in good company on the DVD.

After seeing my name spelled incorrectly, so many different ways,
you can understand why I try to make it easier going by "Rich W."

For future reference, it's Rich Weissensel and if I'm not mistaken,
Ken's website has all of these names spelled correctly to reference.

With all the effort it took to compile the DVD set, one would hope
the names of the people on the DVD set would be spelled correctly.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_g...>

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:56:43 -0000
From: "gzapf" <x86Daddy_at_dml_myrealbox.com>
Subject: Re: Another DeLorean Lost...

When doing a news search on Google, a handy feature you may or may not
know about is Google News Alerts (look in the left column).  It'll run
the search for you and e-mail you when new news comes out containing
your search terms.  There's also a Once-a-Day/Week option.  I use it
for several topics.  This sort of tech used to be called Web Agents
when it was first invented, but now it's really functional / easy /
hosted by a stable third party.

Here's a URL to set up a DeLorean search;
http://www.google.com/alerts?q=DeLorean&hl=en

Yahoo! has a similar feature, but I haven't tried it.

Another example of how to use it that's been great for me is a search
for an odd genre of music I really enjoy... I find out about new
artists and shows this way.

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:13:02 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

At this point, I don't really give a rat's a$$ if I have to use 2 keys
or just 1.  I don't really NEED the ignition lock, no.  I just need a
door lock set, and I"m not having ANY luck getting them from ANYWHERE.
At this point, I seriously am considering welding the lock "holes" up
on the doors and blending it to match the rest of the door panel.
I'll unlock my doors with a remote instead.

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:11:44 -0400
From: "Ed Garbade" <edgarbade_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Bad things happen on GOOD days!

A while back someone wrote in about using dry ice to remove small dings.  Is
anyone out there that has actually done this?  I would like to know because
I have a couple minor dings and perhaps it could solve Dani's problem as
well.

I would appreciate details on how the dry ice method is performed, if there
are possible complications,  as well as what type of damage it could
possible reverse.

Thanks,
Ed

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:25:17 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Nice idea until the battery dies.

I did not realize that the vendors are completely out of door lock
sets. I'll look thru my crap collection tonight and see what I have.

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:38:32 -0400
From: Eric Itzel <eric_at_dml_seviernet.com>

Hey Dani

How about if you took sandpaper to "blend" it with the rest of the door?
That would at least reduce the visiblity factor. I did that with my left
front fender to blend a bulge.

Eric Itzel