From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2254
Date: Friday, October 01, 2004 6:57 AM

1. Re: Bad things happen on GOOD days!
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

2. Re: Automatic door-coloser (Was: RE: LockZILLA with Remote ZILLA kit for sale)
From: Jan van de Wouw <delorean_at_dml_home.nl>

3. RE: Re: Pigeon Forge DVD set
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. stereo/clock out.
From: Sean Mulligan <sean_mulligan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. New Fall Tour Info, Must read!
From: "turbodmc3113" <turbodmc_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. Win $100 - Delorean Mid-Atlantic Club Logo Contest is wrapping up!
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

7. RE: AW: Pigeon Forge DVD set
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. Re: Desperate for a door lock set
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. RE: Re: Desperate for a door lock set
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

10. RE: Re: Bad things happen on GOOD days!
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:58:25 -0000
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Re: Bad things happen on GOOD days!

This does sound like it will work. My experience with stainless-Heat
(to the point where it is red) will cause a temporary ripple or bump
in the steel until it cools and contracts back into shape (may stay
sightly misformed after cooling), so if you make the steel cold or
freeze it; it will contract even more pulling the ding up-reverse of
what the heat does. I don't think it would do any damage to try it
out, just don't use heat on these panels unless you know what your
doing, otherwise you will have a worse problem then when you started.
Dry ice won't help my dent, but try it on your small dings. Dani B.

Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 00:00:32 +0200
From: Jan van de Wouw <delorean_at_dml_home.nl>
Subject: Re: Automatic door-coloser (Was: RE: LockZILLA with Remote ZILLA kit for sale)

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:15:57 -0500, "Video Bob" wrote:

> My other idea was a steel cable on a spool that is
> wound up buy a motor, that when actuated would pull
> the door down real fast and shut it.

I remember seeing a picture of a car on the www
once with that kind of idea incorporated...

If I remember correctly it had two pneumatic cylinders
on the parcel shelf with a pulley at the bottom and a
steel cable running from the door down, over the pulley
and then parrallel to the cylinder to the "tip" of the
rod... Kind of a big install, but I liked the idea...

Too bad I can't find the info or pics anymore...

JAN van de Wouw

Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000
--------------------------------

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:20:48 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Pigeon Forge DVD set

Sorry about that bro!
I could have sworn I copied and pasted it from your website, or email or
something?
I will make a note of it and it will not happen again.
- Vediopop.

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:54:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: Sean Mulligan <sean_mulligan_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: stereo/clock out.

the power to my stereo and console clock isn't
working.  checked the fuse box and everything seems
fine.  suggestions?  Thanks.

-Sean Mulligan

Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 02:09:10 -0000
From: "turbodmc3113" <turbodmc_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: New Fall Tour Info, Must read!

I have been working with the City of Glen Cove and it looks like they
are going to be able to accommodate our fine cars and reserve the
main street in town (school street) for DeLorean Parking Only!

This should be a really good publicity and photo opportunities for
our cars we may even get TV coverage. This is the location of the
Marras the restaurant (Sat Oct 16th) we will be having diner at.
Along with the Stone Cold Creamery (ice cream) Starbucks and the rest
of town (sorry but the Ferrari and Maserati dealer walking distance
is closed in the evening so you will have to just widow shop)

I still need to hear from people who are or are thinking of attending.
Please e-mail me at falltour5_at_dml_hotmail.com  that's  falltour5(at)
hotmail.com
Include your contact info if you will have your Delorean with you etc.

For more info please go to the Mid-Atlantic club web page at
http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/events/falltour5.htm

For more pictures of the tour and area go to  www.falltour.itgo.com

Regards,
Michael DeLuca
President DeLorean Mid Atlantic Club

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:58:09 -0400
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: Win $100 - Delorean Mid-Atlantic Club Logo Contest is wrapping up!

Last chance!  Get your logo designs in to us In the next day or so!

We have about 24 separate submissions now.  If you have not done so, see
the link below for details on how to enter!

http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/updates/updates.htm

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:18:49 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: AW: Pigeon Forge DVD set

Sorry about the Paypal thing...
Paypal is a tricky service and I had some instances of people using stolen
credit cards from
over seas (mostly Indonesia) and so Paypal has my account set up so that it
only accepts
payments from confirmed US addresses.
If you don't meet all the requirments for thier "Buyer Protection Program"
then it will
reject the payment.
Sorry about that, but I had to set it up that way because I kept getting
ripped off.
These guys would buy my stuff and send me payments, then months later the
credit card
companies would jackl the money out of my account without warning!
So my account is now set up to avoid that.
I only sell one or two things a year out of the USA, so for you guys you
must
use BIDPAY or send a money order.

...and what about the "prints"?
Do you mean the color sleeve in the DVD case?
It is done a color laser printer, and besides that... who cares about the
COVER?
Did you buy it for display or to watch the DVD's?

I know that I have gotten a few complaints that there is not enough video of
the car
show but I can't be everywhere at once.
The way I look at it is that we all know what these cars look like and most
of us
get to drive them everyday so I thought it would be a waste of everyone's
time just ot
show off cars that are little cleaner than the one in thier garage...
I focused on the extreme stuff like Kyle's V8 and Rich's 4x4.
I figured that people would be more interested in hearing from people that
they
have never met before....I mean the stuff with Jim Prentice and Fred Dellis
was worth
the price of addmission alone!
I thought the part with Stephen Wynne talking about the new interior was
really good
and Curtis, bless his heart talked forever but at the time everyone was
hanging on his every word.
Bob Gale, holy crap, I can watch that part over and over and never get tired
of it.
I watched his whole speech again last night when I was making up some more
copies.
(I personally check every single disc to make sure it works).
I had 12 hours of tape, all of it usable, and cut it down to 4 long hours.
I think the video is an important time capsule in DeLorean histroy because
there is nothing
else quite like it out there.... Tamir made a fantastic DVD of his trip to
Eurofest a few years
ago and it was very well done, I paid for it gladly without a complaint and
it was fantastic!
However he cut it down to make it as short as possible and to be honest I
would have
loved to have seen a lot more on the video.
Go to his website and order it if you haven't it is a great video!

As a DeLorean fan I love this stuff and have spent a fortune on it, I have
spent as much
as $100 on a single bootleg tape to get to see some stuff on the car that is
unavailable
anywhere else.... $20 to me is a no brainer for this much material.
I guess it depends on your current passion level, some of you have tired in
it I guess
and are not as impressed any more... but for me I am still young and on fire
and I can't
get enough!

The NEXT video will be a lot better, I will have some people helping me and
will have
several cameras running somewhere at ALL times.
- VB

Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 02:29:39 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Desperate for a door lock set

Yep. I had wanted to convert 2524 to a single key system after
seeing it done on another early car, but do my dismay no one has the
single key lock sets anymore. Maybe someday they will be remade or
some hidden dealer stock will surface somewhere.

Joe OBrien

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:35:22 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Desperate for a door lock set

Matt & Group,
I'm going to a show an automotive show November the 1st where almost every
parts suppliers in the world will be there. I also have several catalogs and
Item's I'm taking on parts I need. If your talking about the locks in the
door please contact me and I will take a sample with me for the folks to
look at. I have catalogs now with 100's of locks. I didn't know it was a
problem.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

wrote:
> At this point, I don't really give a rat's a$$ if I have to use 2
keys
> or just 1.  I don't really NEED the ignition lock, no.  I just need
> door lock set, and I"m not having ANY luck getting them from
ANYWHERE.

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:40:14 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Bad things happen on GOOD days!

Ed, I went to a company here in Dallas that builds Stainless Steel
restaurant equipment with a dented left front fender. He took it out with
patience and no heat or cold. Tapped it out with different types of tools
and smoothed over with a circular sander and finished it off with a hand
rubbed 3M scotched bright.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com