From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2260
Date: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 3:06 AM

1. Eurofest 2004 URGENT
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com

2. Delorean Movie
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

3. Re: Re: Dented Doors
From: Paul Gress <pgress_at_dml_optonline.net>

4. Clutch adjustable clevis rod
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

5. Re: Clutch cylinders
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

6. Re: Re: Radio Upgrade
From: Chris Pilcic <chrisdmc82_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: How do you clean your wheels rims?
From: "p12c16" <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

8. RE: Re: Oil Light
From: "Luis Bas" <TrekkerLB_at_dml_Netzero.Com>

9. Re: How do you clean your wheels rims?
From: "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel_at_dml_lffltd.com>

10. Re: Eurofest 2004 URGENT
From: "lakelanier20" <derek4567_at_dml_hotmail.com>

11. Lockzilla or WingsAloft???
From: "alistairmccann" <alistairmccann_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: Delorean Movie
From: "A___" <bigpmdawnfan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Fuel Injector Pressure vs Fuel Consumption
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

14. Re: Delorean Movie
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

15. Re: no heat! (and no defrost!)
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

16. Lower Engine Cover
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>

17. RE: Re: Oil Light
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

18. Team America: World Police
From: "Adam Lee" <delorean852003_at_dml_yahoo.com>

19. Google's gmail (yes, DML related)
From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>

20. Re: Re: How do you clean your wheels rims?
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

21. Re: Re: Delorean Movie
From: jimbo0946_at_dml_aol.com

22. Re: Delorean Movie
From: "paul" <paul.morgan_at_dml_monifieth.co.uk>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 22:34:30 EDT
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Eurofest 2004 URGENT

Hey everyone. If you are planning to attend the Eurofest show in Greenville,
S.C. Saturday, October 16th, then you need to pre-register by October 8th. The
problem that we are running into is that I have been told by at least a dozen
people that they are coming, however we are allotted spaces at the show by
the number of pre-registrants. Right now that number is 6, so we might have
twice as many cars as spaces. If you are going to the show, and I hope you are
because this is a great show, please register www.euroautofestival.com so that
they will allow us more slots. I hope that we have a huge showing, and it looks
like that is going to be the case. For more info you can check out the
MidSouth DMC website at www.msdmc.com .

John Weaver
RED DMC #10527
MidSouth DMC
www.msdmc.com

Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 21:57:26 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Delorean Movie

What was the name of the new spy movie with a monkey and a Delorean?

Did it ever get released?

Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 23:26:07 -0500
From: Paul Gress <pgress_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Dented Doors

Dani B wrote:

>I've posted pictures of what the dent looks like now (bottom picture).
>It is all gone except for the few dings you can still see on the very
>bottom part-here it is impossible to fix since you can't hammer from
>behind. Best thing about this all was-it was free and only took a few
>days! :) Dani B. #5003
>
>http://damngoodsite.net/5003damage.html

You can probably remove some of the dent by doing what some body shops
do to remove dent without a dent-puller, that is to weld some stainless
steel wires to the door and start pulling them while hitting the edges
of the dent with a hammer.  When done, cut the wire, grind smooth and
re-grain.

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 03:15:14 -0000
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: Clutch adjustable clevis rod

Group,
I now have a new clutch master cylinder adjustable clevis rod.
If you have play in the clevis rod due to the wear, but your master
cylinder is ok, I now have a new adjustable rod that is adjustable.
They are in stock. $39.95. My reman clutch master cylinders are
$98.00 and with the new rod are $124.95.
John Hervey
  http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/clutch-transmission.html

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 03:34:20 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch cylinders

The slave cylinder is probably still OK. I would replace the master
cylinder and flush the system out again. If you still lose fluid then
you have a leak somewhere between the master and the slave. Make sure
you have the connections tight, none of the fittings got
cross-threaded, and the bleeder screw is tight after you finish
flushing and bleeding. You could also have a leak between the resovoir
and the master cylinder. On 7138 I found a broken spring clamp and it
looked like the hose on the resovoir leaked a lot from all the bubbled
epoxy paint. Pull the cover off under the fuel filler and inspect
everything. You could leave some paper toweling there overnight and if
it gets stained then something is leaking. Remember to only use
Castrol GTLMA DOT 4 brake fluid. Put the rubber cap back on the
bleeder screw when you are finished or you'll be sorry later. Don't
overfill the resovoir, leave some room for the fluid to expand when it
gets hot (it doesn't get filled right up to the top).

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Joshua Weader" <weader_at_dml_m...> wrote:

> I'm having problems with my (new) clutch slave.  I replaced the
slave cylinder
> and the rigid part of the clutch line.  The bleeder screw had broken
off, but
> the clutch system was functional at the time, so I did not replace
the master
> cylinder.  I bled the system with fresh fluid, took the car for a
test drive,
> and everything seemed ok.  Two days later, all the fluid had drained
out of

Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 20:49:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Pilcic <chrisdmc82_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Radio Upgrade

I am as well putting a new stereo in the car... after a recent trip to indiana > from saint louis.. I discovered i need a new one... I am right now trying to find front speakers that will fit without pushing up the dash... The problem i am finding is all of them have tweeters that are too big... anybody know what works?  As for the back I plan on rebuilding the back wall... and keeping the orig. and putting new speakers in there... facing the front of the car.. also XM radio is in the works... oh and as for the ant... mine doesn't work either... the motor is out...

Dave Swingle <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com> wrote:

> The lighter is slightly larger than the normal American lighter
> outlet. You can get a small adapter ring at cellphone places (maybe
> Radio Shack) to make it fit tighter and keep contact. Sort of. You
> might be better off mounting another aftermarket outlet hidden under
> the dash.
>
> There are no longer very many aftermarket radios that will fit in the
> space in the dash unless you cut the dash. I believe DMC Houston
> still sells a replacment dash that's already cut, or you can just cut
> the one you have. I'm sure others will fill in more here - I'm not
> much of a stereo nut.
>
> Lots of people have put amps in the car. Some in that compartment you
> mention, some on the back deck, some in the trunk. Depends on how
> loud you need it. You'll find that the original speakers are the
> biggest limitation of the system as installed in the car.
>
> Dave S. speakers.....

[long quote trimmed by moderator]

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 06:06:27 -0000
From: "p12c16" <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: How do you clean your wheels rims?

I saw that they sell them at Bed Bath and Beyond, for around $100.  The box made it look
like it could do anything, and it even showed someone detailing their engine with it on the
box.  I can't believe it works that well at getting rid of grease and oil.  How does it work on
the stainless?  Does it seem to work better than Windex and all of the other polishes?

Patrick

Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 05:51:01 -0500
From: "Luis Bas" <TrekkerLB_at_dml_Netzero.Com>
Subject: RE: Re: Oil Light

Thanks to all for the info, it was in fact the wire shorted.

After seeing how brittle they were, I want to try a winter project of
changing the harness.  After looking at the vendors website (didn't
actually contact them yet) no one had harnesses for vins 3723.  Any
recommendations?  I looked in to hi temp wire 150-200 deg C but could
not readily find all the combinations of color that we have.  I thought
it would be good to try to keep to the color scheme.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

And thanks again for the help!
Luis

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 08:16:01 -0000
From: "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel_at_dml_lffltd.com>

was it "The Shark" portable steam cleaner? I have one. Works pretty
well but the extension handle isn't insulated very well and gets VERY
HOT. I have to wear thick gloves when i use it.

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 12:44:24 -0000
From: "lakelanier20" <derek4567_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Eurofest 2004 URGENT

On the webpage, it looks as though you can only snail-mail in a
registration form.  I didn't miss something, did I?  Is there any way
to register over the webpage or by phone?

-Derek L
VIN 5302

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 14:17:40 -0000
From: "alistairmccann" <alistairmccann_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Lockzilla or WingsAloft???

Hi all

I am looking to add the keyless entry option to my delorean.  I am
no the most electronicly gifted so I want the simplist opion.

I have picked out the lockzilla/remote zilla and the delorean parts
northwest wingsaloft remote door unlocker as the two most likly
options.  But which one is better??

Advive please.

Alistair.

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 15:28:17 -0000
From: "A___" <bigpmdawnfan_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean Movie

There is the new movie TEAM AMERICA : WORLD POLICE, which comes out any day now.  In
the movie, a stretch DeLorean is featured, but I believe it will just be a small model stretch
DeLorean, maybe something around a 1:18 scale size.

Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 08:32:29 EDT
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Fuel Injector Pressure vs Fuel Consumption

In my continuing efforts to measure fuel consumption for the "D" I  installed
an electronic pressure sensor connected to one of the injectors.   I'm not
sure I am getting the information I need.  I have based my idea on  some
assumptions.

1) I thought that the pressure in the injector line would be a way to
estimate fuel consumption based on the idea that the more the pressure in the  line
the more fuel would be sprayed out.

2) Each injector should have the same pressure so I should have to monitor
only one.  (But if that is true why didn't they just have one chamber or
perhaps 2 fuel rails, with all 6 injectors essentially connected to the same
point?)

Any comments or ideas?

See you at the Fall Tour with the DeLorean Driving Computer....

Dave  & 6530

"Just Say  NO, to the COUCH POTATO!"

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 10:41:31 -0400
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

Yes...the movie was released in 2003, and it looks like it was one of
those "straight to video" things.  I've still never seen it, but I
looked it up on IMBD.

-Josh

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 15:36:10 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: no heat! (and no defrost!)

Yes, I thought the same thing.  It was mostly plugged up at the end
of the aluminum pipe and it was totally solid.  When I put the garden
hose thru that pipe in the engine compartment, I used a coat hanger
to break thru that stuff until I got clear, even-flowing water.

I'm HOPING I flushed it all out because I really did give the entire
system a thorough hosing.  Created Lake Johnny in the garage as a
result.

I'll do it again in two years.

Johnny
5515

Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 17:44:22 +0200
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>
Subject: Lower Engine Cover

Does anyone have a brand new lower engine cover for sale?
E-mail me privately.

Best wishes

Stian Birkeland
Norway
VIN # 06759

Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 18:00:48 +0200 (MEST)
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

You can keep the old wire, simply put a fibre glas hose
over it that can handle the temp.

I did this on several cars so far, sometimes just for
prevention.
Let me know if you want to see that or need one.

Elvis

GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 15:46:42 -0000
From: "Adam Lee" <delorean852003_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Team America: World Police

The upcoming movie by the creators of Southpark, Team America: World
Police has a stretched DeLorean in in. I was reading the review on
Fox News and it mentions it at the bottom. Thought yall would like to
know. Heres the link:

Adam Lee

Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 13:02:12 -0400
From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Google's gmail (yes, DML related)

I just started using Google's new "Gmail" email service to read all
the DML postings, and I just wanted to say that it does a GREAT job of
organizing the DML discussion threads with each other, so it becomes
real easy to follow a discussion, as well as see the new and previous
(i.e. read) postings in a thread.

If anyone is looking for a better way to read (and archive and search)
the DML, give Gmail a shot.  It's still by "invitiation only", but
they are pretty easy to come by (I have two left, if anyone wants them
- email me your full name and email address).  Oh yeah, they also give
you one GIGABYTE of free email storage.

-Hank

Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 10:54:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: How do you clean your wheels rims?

I have a "Shark" steamer.  While nothing works as well
as they do in infomercials, I am VERY pleased with it
for the uses I had in mind.  I clean my wheels with
it.  I have the original wheels, chromed and painted
black between the vanes.  The steam under pressure
does a great job between the vanes.  I do it often
enough that I don't get an accumulation of brake dust,
but that which is there just disappears.  Wipe dry and
enjoy.

I also use the steamer in the engine compartment.
Again, while it is not as pwoerful as a true
commercial steam cleaner, it does make a dirty job a
whole lot easier.  And, you MUCH less fear of getting
water into places where you didn't want it.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 16:13:13 -0400
From: jimbo0946_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Delorean Movie

Yeah, I think that movie is a cartoon or something like shrek.  Its made by the creators of South Park.

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 18:14:41 +0100
From: "paul" <paul.morgan_at_dml_monifieth.co.uk>

 It is titled "Monkey's/DeLorean Tapes" and it was
produced by Danny Boyle,"Shallow Grave" 1995. It was only released in the
U.K.