From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2263
Date: Thursday, October 07, 2004 8:18 AM

1. Re: Update to anyone who has conntacted me about VIN 5898
From: "Jason" <rowejj_at_dml_tds.net>

2. AW: Re: Radio Upgrade
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

3. Nothing up my sleeves...
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

4. Re: Funny sound behind dash?
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

5. Re: The last place you Looked - Side stripes
From: "Stephen Card" <stephen_at_dml_procomroofing.com>

6. Re: Lockzilla or WingsAloft???
From: Chris Almy <chris.almy_at_dml_comcast.net>

7. Re: Nothing up my sleeves...
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

8. Radio Upgrade
From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>

9. DML archive
From: DMChistory_at_dml_aol.com

10. Re: Re: Radio Upgrade
From: "Jake Kamphoefner" <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

11. RE: Archive (I'm doing something about it)
From: "Gene Caldwell" <will_cal_at_dml_bellsouth.net>

12. Re: Turn signals/hazzard lights not working
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

13. headlight blackout covers
From: "stangboy70us" <stangboy70us_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. DeLorean needed in NY
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 18:22:02 -0500
From: "Jason" <rowejj_at_dml_tds.net>
Subject: Re: Update to anyone who has conntacted me about VIN 5898

           Nothing here really. Just noticed that this is the closest vin to
mine that I've seen yet. That's it.

                                      Jason #5903

Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 23:36:55 +0200
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>
Subject: AW: Re: Radio Upgrade

The original front speakers aren't that bad. Instead I would say
you have a hard time finding better ones that fit in there and sound better.

Just get new original ones for a few bucks and try them.
I wanted to replace mine because I thought they don't sound that good.
Bought 2 way speakers that I had to make fit first. Weren't cheap at all,
but didn't sound as good. Instead they originals are even louder due to the
lighter membrane.

At the end I guess that the old radio (aftermarket) was the problem
not the speakers.

Elvis & 6548

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Chris Pilcic <chrisdmc82_at_dml_y...> wrote:

> I am as well putting a new stereo in the car... after a recent trip
> to indiana from saint louis.. I discovered i need a new one... I am
> right now trying to find front speakers that will fit without pushing
> up the dash... The problem i am finding is all of them have tweeters
> that are too big... anybody know what works?  As for the back I plan
> on rebuilding the back wall... and keeping the orig. and putting new
> speakers in there... facing the front of the car.. also XM radio is in
> the works... oh and as for the ant... mine doesn't work either... the
> motor is out...

[long quote trimmed by moderator]

Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 00:41:56 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Nothing up my sleeves...

Tonight I ran down to the base autoshop again and finally replaced
my accumulator. (My wife's going to forget what I look like since
I'm down there so much)

This is another job that some people make sound near impossible
except for DeLorean One-ordained high-priests and lay-persons. If
that's true then just call me the pope.

The biggest problem is access and leverage. Stubby wrenches are the
key. For anyone who's been considering tackling this job, on the
very bottom of the fuel parts page at SpecialTauto.com, is a link
complete with photos of exactly how to do the job.

By the way, is there a good replacement for the adhesive foam
padding that wraps around the accumulator? The new one didn't come
with it. I had to salvage the old one as best as I could.

Thanks,

Rich A.

Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 01:29:02 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Funny sound behind dash?

Just a wild guess but the logic module for the key-in-ignition buzzer
is above the steering column just under the dash. Pull the ignition
key out or close the door, if the noise goes away that is what it is.
Other possible sources in that area is the flasher and the wiper module.

Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 01:29:11 -0000
From: "Stephen Card" <stephen_at_dml_procomroofing.com>
Subject: Re: The last place you Looked - Side stripes

Nope, Check out John Hervey's set. www.specialtauto.com
under "Delorean Parts New"
Stephen
Vin 3601

Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 20:57:59 -0700
From: Chris Almy <chris.almy_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Lockzilla or WingsAloft???

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The actuators are a great product
and do prevent one of the major problems with the door lock controller. If
I hadn't rebuilt one of the solenoids a month before Toby offered the
upgrade, I would have bought them myself. The reason why I didn't suggest
them to the original poster was because he wanted a simple solution. To me
this means keeping the solenoids. Removing the door panels isn't simple or
easy the first time around.

However, there's still the problem of how much standby current the lock
controller uses. While probably not a problem for a daily driver, it still
takes way more current then necessary. Regardless, nobody should be using
the original controller with the solenoids. They should either rebuild it,
replace it with a LockZilla, or simply disconnect it.

Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 03:30:26 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Nothing up my sleeves...

It isn't that terrible a job. The big thing is not to twist the metal
lines. You do that and you'll wish you had someone else do the job
instead! The little rubber hose comes off easily. The 4 screws holding
the accumulater usually come out easy. The one hard fitting is the
rigid one. After that you pull the acumulater out and loosen the other
fitting. Be careful not to get gas in your face, eyes, mouth. I
recomend after a short time of driving you should replace the fuel
filter, I have seen chunks of the rubber diaghram coming out of the
lines after removing the acumulater so you can assume they are in the
filter too. Having small hands does make the job easier as do the
proper wrenches. A lift is a lot nicer than lying on your back on a
creeper too! The materiel I usually find wrapped around the acumulater
is a strip of rubber. If it is in bad shape just cut a strip out of an
old inner tube.

Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 02:25:07 -0000
From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>
Subject: Radio Upgrade

I replaced my front speakers with 3 1/2 inch Alpines. They had
tweeters but did not stick up past the lip so they fit perfectly.
Depending on what you want to do, I added a custom built shelp behind
the seats and added 2 6 x 9 Eclipse speakers and 2 10" Eclipse
Subwoofers in the customer shelf. I also left the stock radio in and
added and Alpine unit in the custom unit between the seats. Then I
added another set of front speakers in some kick panels. I have 2
Kicker amps (1 800 amp and 1 400 amp) in the trunk and a capacitor to
drive the subwoofers. All in all I like the setup, great lound sound
with good quality.

Max

Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 01:01:47 EDT
From: DMChistory_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: DML archive

Ryan -

You've done a terrific service to the DML with your archive. Thank you from
those of us who search first, and ask questions later.

Jay S.

Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 23:01:44 -0500
From: "Jake Kamphoefner" <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Radio Upgrade

Or....if you act now... Don't delay!!  Quantities are running out!  :-)

(Ok, not really)

A five-minute Internet search will reveal these Pioneer TS-877 speakers, 3
1/2 inch, 40W, flush mount, including the tweeters for about $20.

Find them here:
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?icatid=4650&stk_code=pioTS877&svbname=31

And here:
http://www.cardomain.com/item/PIOTS877

I think I'm going to try this set in 1063, as is (I think) the original
poster of this message, Chris Pilcic in 10882.

Jake Kamphoefner
Thinking: for 20 bucks they're worth a shot...

Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 02:51:55 -0400
From: "Gene Caldwell" <will_cal_at_dml_bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: Archive (I'm doing something about it)

Ryan, WAY TO GO!  Gene

Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 08:40:35 -0000
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: Turn signals/hazzard lights not working

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Roland Smith" <roland_at_dml_d...> wrote:

> How do we acquire this program?
>
> Roland Smith
> Oakland, California
> 6667

I downloaded it from http://www.odoc.ca/downloads.htm
odoc.ca <Downloads>

or you can get it here:  http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/n_soft.htm

Richard

Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:40:47 -0000
From: "stangboy70us" <stangboy70us_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: headlight blackout covers

I have been looking all over for these covers?  Can anyone PLEASE
help me find a set or direct me to someone that sells them?  Thanks
in advance.

Rick #17160

Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 08:07:14 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: DeLorean needed in NY

Group,

I got this email this morning.  Maybe someone in the NY area could help them
out??

Greetings:

I am writing from a university office for student affairs from just outside
New York City.  We are looking for a DeLorean owner and driver who would be
interested in "renting" their automobile (to be driven by the owner) for our
university homecoming parade.  This is a new, time-sensitive idea based on the
fact that a DeLorean would be conducive to our theme (1980s) so if there is any
interest we would very much like to hear from you shortly.  All travel expenses
(including overnight accommodations) and services would be compensated by the
university.  The event will be Saturday, October 16th.

Please reply if there is interest.  If not, apologies for the bother.

Gratitude,
Jacob