From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2271
Date: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 7:13 AM

1. Re: Re: Chevy Engine swap
From: "Bruce Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

2. 2423 is back home
From: "Ralph Isenberg, III" <delorean1981dmc_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. Re: Rubber grips on the foot pedals
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

4. RE: Emissions in CA
From: "Darkstar" <darkstarmedia_at_dml_comcast.net>

5. Re: Chevy Engine swap
From: "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick_at_dml_aol.com>

6. Re: Lockzilla or WingsAloft???
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com

7. Unsigned Posts
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

8. DMC Original New Old Stock Parts- Estate Clearance
From: "lomimagic" <lomimagic_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Delorean rear view camera/indicator panel
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

10. Re: WTB: Passenger side knee bolster
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

11. Re: Dispelling rumors of a V8 in the BTTF cars (Bob Gale)
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

12. Re: How much does the PRV weigh?
From: "benshrum" <shipping_at_dml_delorean.com>

13. engine mod values?
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. More thoughts on repowers and swaps
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. Re: Engine Weight
From: "Owen _at_dml_ Aerodrome" <owen_at_dml_aerodrome.us>

16. Re: Battery Light, RPM movement
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com

17. Re: Fall Tour Urgent Hotel News!!!
From: "turbodmc3113" <turbodmc_at_dml_hotmail.com>

18. Re: Re: Delorean rear view camera
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

19. Quality of Information on the DML.
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Dashes and Binnacles (reproduction parts)
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

21. Re: engine mod values?
From: "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick_at_dml_aol.com>

22. This lady loves her 1982 DeLorean
From: "vegasdelorean" <vegasdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

23. RE: Battery Light, RPM movement
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

24. Re: engine mod values?
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

25. New BTTF Slot Machine unveiled
From: "Stephen Clark" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:32:47 -0500
From: "Bruce Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Chevy Engine swap

 It's my understnding that the rotory engine in that car was an engine never
offered in a production car sold in the U.S. That would seriously complicate
meeting emission standards in many states and most likely contributed to the
lower than expected sale price. As for the argument regarding engine swaps,
beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The argument will never end. There is
no standard as to what personal preferences are and on any given day the
right car for the right person will command the right price. How about moving
on to some other subject?

Bruce Benson

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:46:56 -0400
From: "Ralph Isenberg, III" <delorean1981dmc_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: 2423 is back home

The transporter brought our 81 home this weekend from PJ Grady's, and just
want to thank Rob for the great work. New transmission works like a top,
it's nice to have her home. Thanks Rob for the great work!
Ralph

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:51:40 -0000
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: Rubber grips on the foot pedals

It *will* fit over the pedal as the channel suggests, but we also put
a squirt of weatherstripping adhesive in the center of the metal to
ensure they stick on a little better/longer. Same for all the pedal pads.

Regards,

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396 USA
800/USA-DMC1
281/441-2537
http://www.delorean.com

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Owen _at_dml_ Aerodrome" <owen_at_dml_a...> wrote:

> When I got in my car today, I noticed the black rubber pad from the
throttle pedal was lying on the carpet, the pedal itself reduced to
the metal.  It's clear from the glue residue that the the rubber was
glued right onto the pedal, but the rubber part has a channel in it
that suggests it fits _over_ the pedal, and the P.O. glued it for some
reason.

> I haven't succeeded in coaxing it back on, yet, but I still suspect
this is how it's supposed to go on.  Am I right, or should I just glue it?

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:46:53 -0700
From: "Darkstar" <darkstarmedia_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: RE: Emissions in CA

here is what the ref will be looking for:
1.) the engine must be the same year or newer than the one already in the
car.

2.) you must retain all the emissions devices from the donor engine

3.) you cannot down-grade technology (you gotta stick with fuel injection)

4.) you must retain the cat

5.) you must pass tailpipe for the year of the donor vehicle

I have talked to a few referees and theses are things that they mentioned.
also, never call it an engine swap, it is an "engine change".  I would
recommend picking a later model engine that has electronic fuel injection
cause it will have less drive belt items.  an engine from about 1990 to 1995
is a good selection because its not OBDII and has less restrictions.  for
more detailed questions feel free to ask (on list or off list).  Also, this
list can be flexible with the exception of rule #4.

Darkstar

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:34:53 -0000
From: "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Chevy Engine swap

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "ryanpwright" <dmcnews_list_at_dml_r...> >
> My closing thoughts are thus: If you still think a custom DeLorean
is
> "destroyed", you should go to a car show some day and check out the
> custom hot rods. About the only thing stock on these cars is the
body.
> I saw a '32 Ford 3-Window Coupe with custom leather, LCD displays in
> the dash, and a big monster engine, not to mention the countless
other
> upgrades. One of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen, and there
> were a hundred others with equal amounts of custom work. Tell these
> guys they've "destroyed" their cars, or for that matter the crowds
> drooling over them. You won't get a lot of sympathy.
>
> -Ryan

First let me say that personally I don't care what anybody does with
their own Delorean, or Civic or Corvette etc etc etc.  All that
matters to me is what I do to MY Delorean.  However, while you make
many vaild points, you anology is flawed by your own wording: "you
still think a custom DeLorean is "destroyed", you should go to a car
show some day and check out the custom hot rods. About the only thing
stock on these cars is the body."  A hot rod is SUPPOSED to be highly
modified and isn't any particular car when finished, they are made
for the design factor and not to be a particular homage to a specific
car.  In fact many Hot Rods are not based on any particular car at
all but instead are complete custom from frame on up.  That is what
a "Hot Rod" is.

So yeah I would consider a Hot Rod based on a '32 Ford to be a
drestroyed '32 Ford but not a destroyed car because in its
destruction a great Hot Rod has been created.  But again, inregards
to what other people do with their cars...who cares.

Michael Q
Vin #02944

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:55:46 -0000
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com
Subject: Re: Lockzilla or WingsAloft???

Robert - You are correct when you talk about "brand name recognition"
and using terms that people have grown to associate with certain
products and product lines.  The vast majority of DeLorean owners who
have been paying attention at all associate the term "door launchers"
with a device that allows for remote door opening.  I don't know who
first coined that term, but Mr. Zilla has assumed possession of it
and anything that sounds like it.  He made his position known to us
in a very firm fashion through direct communications (I'll let you
fill in the blanks).  When these communications transpired, we (DPNW)
were just getting started, and did not want to create a problem with
an established icon of the DeLorean community.  Thus, we brainstormed
a new name for a line of related products that would avoid any future
entanglements (legal or otherwise), while conveying an image of the
DeLorean doors swinging gracefully upwards and reaching for the open
sky.  Our hope is that the name "Wings-A-Loft" will eventually become
associated with an extensive line of quality products that people
will be proud to install and enjoy in their stainless steeds.  Until
the name "Wings-A-Loft" becomes ubiquitous, we will continue to
expand the line with more safety and convenience add-ons, and hope
that the marketplace responds with their support.  We are always open
to suggestions on which direction the discerning DeLorean owners want
to go with this type of product.  As an example, last night I
completed the trial installation of a remote trunk opening subsystem
in Winged1.  This will tie into many of the Wings-A-Loft controllers,
and will also function with other brands of alarm systems and keyless
entry systems (including LockZilla 2) to open the luggage compartment
with the remote, as long as there is a spare channel to use for this
purpose.  I worked up a very clean installation that functions
beautifully (no drilling or permanent modifications at all).  The kit
will be available as soon as I can build sufficient quantities of the
brackets.  There are several other items along these lines in the
works.  As always, we want to thank you all for your continued
support and feedback.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_c...>
wrote:
<snip>
> I like the "Wings-A-Loft"
> product, but I'd bet interest, and sales would increase if people
> started refering to them to something else, like "Toby Launchers",
or something of the like. Build upon that past reputation, and turn it
> into a sales pitch.
<snip>

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:24:15 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net
Subject: Unsigned Posts

We are receiving a lot of responses to the unsigned post thread through the list
and to the moderator email address.  As a result, the moderating team is
discussing possible ways of handling submissions from unidentified users that
are fair, consistent, reasonably easy to implement, and actually solves the perceived
problems.  This might take awhile, since one of the key elements of the
internet in general and Yahoo in particular is anonymity.

We are holding all posts that touch on this subject until we can get our act together,
so if you have sent a post recently on this subject and you haven't seen it come
through or get rejected, now you know why.  Feel free to send CONSTRUCTIVE
suggestions to moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com.

--
Mike G   Moderator of the week

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:28:37 -0000
From: "lomimagic" <lomimagic_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DMC Original New Old Stock Parts- Estate Clearance

Hello

Former shop in California selling off entire inventory of original
DMC parts. Most new, a few used items, many small hard to find parts.
Selling for 50 to 70 percent off retail price.
Items stored indoors for 10 years

NOT A PARTS BIZ   Family Estate Sale

Please see my Ebay store:
http://stores.ebay.com/huna-dmcparts

Please check back every few days as I have over 100 items to list.

Dealer bulk sales invited.

Specific inquiries email me at    kahunawisdom_at_dml_cwo.com

Thank You and Happy Motoring

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:23:04 -0000
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean rear view camera/indicator panel

Jordan -

I agree with the others, this is a pretty cool thing you've got going
here. We did a backup camera on the show car in conjunction with the
LCD monitor in the dash, and mounted the camera between the license
plate lights, putting a slight cut in the top edge of the license
plate bezel. It does make a world of difference when backing up.

I like the small LCD, and it makes me wonder if something similar
could be done to fill the hole next to the rheostat left when the
clock is removed. Because of the location, angle and small size,
probably wouldn't be much good as a backup camera. But I remember Jan
Van De Wouw did a neat indicator panel there showing cooling fans,
etc. Hopefully he will chime in on that.

Keep us all posted.

James Espey
http://www.delorean.com

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder_at_dml_y...> wrote:

> After doing some more playing around I found that two cameras offset
90 degrees, which would also be each camera 45 degrees off of the car
would allow for a large viewing area on two screens side by side.
Part procurment is the big issue as I only have 2 sony lcd modules and
PAL drivers.  Ill try it out though.

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:10:43 -0000
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: WTB: Passenger side knee bolster

Jon and list -

NOS/NEW grey passenger kneepads have been unavailable for some time.
There is a supply of black NOS/NEW ones that are regularly dyed and
used as replacements for grey cars. They are even sold under the same
part number as the original grey ones and are available for about $185
from all the proper DeLorean parts/service facilities. You can see it
here:

http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewPart.asp?PID=2364&Qty=1

We use them in our fully refurbished cars, cars that come in for
service/restoration as well as sell them mail order to DeLorean owners
just like you.

James Espey

------------------------------------
DeLorean Motor Company
Vice President
james_at_dml_delorean.com
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396 USA
tel: 800/872-3621
tel2:281/441-2537
fax: 281/441-2813
http://www.delorean.com
------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:45:17 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: Dispelling rumors of a V8 in the BTTF cars (Bob Gale)

Bob Gale also informed me that the White Wall tiled Delorean was
actually a hot roded VW.  with about 250 HP.

It is a delorean body on a VW chassis.  You can see how high it rides
above the ground.  They also used the VW to get the ground clearance.

BOB

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 23:41:59 -0000
From: "benshrum" <shipping_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: How much does the PRV weigh?

Owen,

It depends on how you look at it. The engines we stock from the
factory weigh 328lbs.That is complete with all intake, fuel delivery
and exhaust manifolds. Also full of oil. No alternator (12lbs)or
starter(17lbs). A short block with out heads, intake or exhaust
manifolds weighs 155lbs.
 If anyone has questions about parts or logistics feel free to send
me an e-mail.

Ben Shrum

DeLorean Motor Company
Warehouse Manager
shipping_at_dml_delorean.com
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, TX 77396
(281)441-2537
(800)USA-DMC1
http://www.delorean.com/

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Owen _at_dml_ Aerodrome" <owen_at_dml_a...> wrote:

> A friend was asking why the car is tail heavy, claiming that the
PRV only weighs about 300 pounds.  Is that true?  I don't buy it,
but I figure if that number is even close, it must surely be for a
dry engine without all of the incidentals (starter, alternator,
fuel+air delivery, fluids, etc.).

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 23:52:16 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: engine mod values?

With all this talk lateley about mods and swaps how does everyone
feel about the value of a Delorean with a modified engine from lets
say DMCH? Does it command more, or less than a Delorean in original
condition? More desireable less, or the same?

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 23:46:45 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: More thoughts on repowers and swaps

Generally, Im not for swapping out engines, especially in nice
examples of the marque. Deloreans are a very strange vehicle, I can
see hot rodding a $10g car but not a $20 g car. Chances are more
often than not that a $10g car will eventually meet the scrap heap
because the owner wanted a Delorean so badly that they bought
whatever they could afford. These cars are often neglected by
previous owners or have fallen into the wrong hands at some time or
another. So why not hot rod them? If done "right" whatever that
means it would be great to see a Delorean blow the doors off a vette
or a viper etc...On the other hand however, I wouldnt touch a
trailer queen with anything other than repair manual and a clean dry
cloth. The truth of the matter is, that a well maintaned pristine
example will always drop peoples mouths in awe over a rodded car.
   Its funny, here you have a car that pound for pound is just as
exotic as anything out there and yet costs nothing in comparison to
a ferrari or lamborghini, of course someone will buy one! and maybe
have enough money or find reason enough to try to work it over being
that it was so inexpensive in comparison and hell, afew more bucks
and its a "lambo-killer" (I use afew more bucks very loosely here)
The only downside is in my opinion, stuffing a GM engine in it. Yes
they are proven and readily available and serviceable. Sure maybe
you can have a 300 hp Delorean but you just took an exotic and made
it a kit car. It would be great to see a Alpine twin turbo engine in
there, atleast its still exotic and not too far from its roots., or
even an eagle premier engine with the sh_at_dml_t worked out of it.
Unfortunately these cars are so unique and rare that the options are
kinda limited, but many would argue this is a good thing too.
  If Rob Grady could ever reproduce the legend engine or DMCH ever
make 300- 400 hp out of their engines then a whole lot of us would
be in line until then, its all about maintenance for most of us. I
love my car as do all of us, do I ever wish it was as fast as it
looks? Hell yes, I have even spent a ton of time researching mods
from France to Canada to the UK, naturally aspirated to twin turbos
but the thing that serves to scare me off is the trouble involved in
doing it right. Hopefully one of the vendors on this side of the
atlantic can come up with something other than 197hp to power the
Delorean and still maintain the root block and serviceability (no
offense to DMCH) while 197HP is substantially more than stock its
still not compelling enough for most people to take the plunge. Just
my thoughts on this.

Harry Vin #2696

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:12:07 -0700
From: "Owen _at_dml_ Aerodrome" <owen_at_dml_aerodrome.us>
Subject: Re: Engine Weight

I see that chart lists the PRV at 375 pounds, which is a bit more believeable, but it's not clear what that weight includes.  Has anyone actually weighed the engine?  (No, I'm not even slightly contemplating an engine swap.)

-Owen

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 00:12:30 -0000
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com
Subject: Re: Battery Light, RPM movement

Willie - Have a look at the main ground stud for the ignition coil
and other related electrics.  The stud can be found by removing the
vertical carpeted panel at the rear of the parcel shelf.  The stud
will be facing you, on the "passenger" end of the shelf, about 8
inches above the shelf with two large black wires typically
attached.  I would recommend taking the connection loose, cleaning
everything, and then reinstalling with dielectric grease.  This
ground is involved in the coil, as well as the signaling to the
tach.  As an aside, if you look to the left, around the corner of the
underbody from this ground stud, you'll see another large stud
sticking out of the fiberglass with a bunch of large brown wires
attached.  This is one of the main +12 volt power buses, and is also
the jumper post in the engine compartment.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "vtdmc" <wmack_at_dml_v...> wrote:

> I have noticed recently that while I am driving normally, not
sporty or pushing the car, every once in a while my battery light
will flicker and as it does my rpm gauge jumps 500-750 rpms and
returns back to normal when the battery light goes off.  The strange
thing is I don't feel any sort of rpm change in the car.  It does not
speed up or buck, it acts as if nothing is happening with the rpms.

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 00:21:35 -0000
From: "turbodmc3113" <turbodmc_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fall Tour Urgent Hotel News!!!

Kevin,

I think you meant 13 Miles not minutes for that hotel.
(I suppose it depends on how fast you drive:)

I will see if we can have Harrison Confrence Center extend the $159
rate until Tuesday for the hotel everyone is staying at in Glen Cove.

It can't hurt to give the a call and ask, (516) 671 6400

For details about the Fall Tour please see info below.

Regards,

Mike D.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_a...> wrote:

> Reminder:  There is a cheaper alternative for those who are
interested

> Days Inn Hicksville Long Island (13 min from Glen Cove)
> 516 433-1900
>
> I have already booked my room.  $86 per night (with my AAA discount)
> Travelocity.com has it for the same price as AAA if u book thru
them.

> Kevin Abato
> Vin# 16680

[moderator snip]

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:13:16 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Delorean rear view camera

I have a rear view color tv camera on the 97 BTTF DeLorean.  I needed it
with all the people always around the car.

IT really helps to see people around the car.  However, when driving,
its wide angle  lens (so you can see around the rear of the car) does
not function as a rear view mirror.  The cars behind you are way too small.

BOB

Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:16:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Quality of Information on the DML.

Mr. checksix3 (Gary, I think it was?),

On an irregular basis, I see you post messages like
this to both the DML and DMCForum.

In many cases, I agree that there is a good amount of
misinformation being tossed around.  However, It is
unclear to me why you find it necessary to post a
message simply saying that the information is
incorrect with out including what you believe to be
correct information.  While I am at it, I further
suggest that you educate in terms that the average
shade tree mechanic can understand.

If you have the correct information, please share it
with us.  While there are a few who are members of
this list for the sole purpose of promoting something
they are trying to sell, the majority of us are here
to learn, and share knowledge.

Marc

<SNIP>

http://vote.yahoo.com

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:03:23 -0500
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Dashes and Binnacles (reproduction parts)

I watched this thread a few weeks ago and have held off on commenting, as I
have been waiting for more concrete details to come through. A fellow DML'er
sent me a link to an eBay auction for a used dashpad that sold for $635.00!
It reminded me of this email in my "draft" folder of my email client and
I've updated to reflect the status as of today and submit it to the list to
set the record straight.

> I understood that the idea to remanufacture them
> was scrapped due to the tooling cost.

The uninformed comment above could not be further from the truth. Tooling IS
a huge expense is making these reproduction parts. DeLorean Motor Company is
in discussions now with three companies, and believe that at least one of
them will be able to supply us with these parts at a price with tooling that
will allow us to offer them at or below the old retail pricing ($650
dash/$350 binnacle).

We know that these are two of the more increasingly sought after parts, and
rather that do an inferior part (or worse, we had considered a plastic "cap"
that upon evaluation warped in one afternoon here in Texas) we want to do a
part that will look correct, last for years, and be reasonably priced.

To make sure that you get the news first on these and other
reproduction/improved/performance parts, subscribe to our company
newsletter, which is usually delivered once or twice a month:

http://www.delorean.com/dmcstore/ENewsSignup.asp

We've introduced a handful of new parts in the last month or so, with some
new/updated ones this week. The other proper vendors are making these parts
available as well. We'll also have two or three new things yet this year, at
least one of which I think will be at the top a lot of people's "wish list".
I expect the other vendors to carry them, as well, so sign up and stay
tuned.

Regards,

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
http://www.delorean.com
800/USA-DMC1
281/441-2537

---

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 02:52:25 -0000
From: "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: engine mod values?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_y...>
wrote:

> With all this talk lateley about mods and swaps how does everyone
> feel about the value of a Delorean with a modified engine from lets
> say DMCH? Does it command more, or less than a Delorean in original
> condition? More desireable less, or the same?

Well for me I would pay more for it because I know the work would be
done correctly and more precisely nothing would be  "jimmy rigged" to
work and I wouldn't have to figure out what the dreaded P.O. did.

Michael Q
VIN# 02944

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 03:19:58 -0000
From: "vegasdelorean" <vegasdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: This lady loves her 1982 DeLorean

Hi!

I'm new here.

A few months ago, my incredible husband bought me a 1982 DeLorean ...
on E-Bay.  It was trucked all the way from Florida to Nevada.  When
that car-carrying rig pulled up in from of our home, I was like a kid
on Christmas morning.

I now put very few miles on my Chevy Tahoe, and if you see a 1982
DeLorean cruising around Las Vegas with a blonde lady behind the
wheel ... well, WINK! WINK!, honey that's just little ol' me!

I was born & raised in the Detroit area - so, although a "girl," I
still maintain a special affinity with some of those great muscle
cars.  When I was a teenager, John DeLorean was Detroit's "man with
the Midas touch."

I posted a photo of the car - taken the day it arrived in Nevada.

Loving my car,
Vegas DeLorean

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:42:35 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Willie, Unplug the regulator plug on the alternator and if you have any
electrical grease add it to the terminals and plug it back in. It may just
be a loose connection.

I have noticed recently that while I am driving normally, not sporty
or pushing the car, every once in a while my battery light will
flicker and as it does my rpm gauge jumps 500-750 rpms and returns
back to normal when the battery light goes off.  The strange thing is
I don't feel any sort of rpm change in the car.  It does not speed up
or buck, it acts as if nothing is happening with the rpms.

Has anyone seen or heard of this before?

Thanks
Willie Mack

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:10:16 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Depends on the condition of the car. But in most cases THAT engine
upgrade would increase the value, but I don't know if you'll be able
to recoup the cost of the engine in a sale. It will make it more
desirable, and easier to sell.

Joe

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:18:15 -0000
From: "Stephen Clark" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>
Subject: New BTTF Slot Machine unveiled

As briefly mentioned in Pigeon Forge, Bob Gale wrote & directed a
brand new Vegas-styled slot machine featuring Christopher Lloyd once
again as "Doc Brown".

For those interested, BTTF.com's full report of the game's premiere
last week can be found at:

http://www.bttf.com/backtalk/20041012-bttf-slot-g2e-premiere.shtml

Thanks,

Stephen Clark, BTTF.com