From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2273
Date: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 12:44 PM

1. Re: What is a "proper vendor" (was: Dashes and Binnacles (reproductions))
From: Christian Williams <delorean_at_dml_framezero.com>

2. Cricket in my transmission
From: "jmlaux83" <jmlaux83_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: A new set of keys
From: "Stephen Card" <stephen_at_dml_procomroofing.com>

4. Re: Re: Delorean rear view camera
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. aligning window seal
From: "jmlaux83" <jmlaux83_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: A new set of keys
From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Engine gaskets
From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>

8. Adjusting the Door on the Sun Star Delorean Model
From: "birdwell77095" <birdwells_at_dml_usa.net>

9. Re: "use of the DMC logo..."
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: Another TV sighting - Adult Swim - Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law - Back to the Present
From: "Brent W. Lundgren" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>

11. TV sorta sighting
From: "danlorean" <kiwidreams_at_dml_cox.net>

12. RE: "use of the DMC logo..."
From: service_at_dml_techno-concepts.com

13. Attn all northern virginia owners
From: "vtdmc" <wmack_at_dml_vt.edu>

14. Delorean Motor Company Wish List
From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>

15. DMC logo OWNERSSHIP DEFINED..."
From: "Bob Hlavacek" <bob.hlavacek_at_dml_snet.net>

16. Re: aligning window seal
From: Owen Emry <owen_at_dml_aerodrome.us>

17. John Delorean at the Fall Tour!
From: "turbodmc3113" <turbodmc_at_dml_hotmail.com>

18. Re: Engine gaskets
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

19. Re: "use of the DMC logo..."
From: "turbodmc3113" <turbodmc_at_dml_hotmail.com>

20. RE: Engine gaskets
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

21. LCD monitor/DVD/SAT/Atari (was "use of the DMC logo...")
From: "gzapf" <x86Daddy_at_dml_myrealbox.com>

22. Re: John Delorean at the Fall Tour!
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

23. Re: "use of the DMC logo..."
From: Peter Lucas <lucas_at_dml_Maya.com>

24. Re: 4X4s and hovercrafts
From: "ryanpwright" <dmcnews_list_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

25. Re: Adjusting the Door on the Sun Star Delorean Model
From: "ryanpwright" <dmcnews_list_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:22:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: Christian Williams <delorean_at_dml_framezero.com>
Subject: Re: What is a "proper vendor" (was: Dashes and Binnacles (reproductions))

I just wanted to mention that San Francisco should be on the "neglected"
radar. We've had little to no luck finding proper shops to work with our
cars. The are lots of cars in the area with enthusiastic owners, but we're
400 miles away from anyone that we'd trust with any major work.

Forgive me, but who is Bauerle Automotive?

-Christian

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, James Espey wrote:

> Gary Hull wrote:
>
> > Please explain to us how you define "other proper vendors" when you
> > refer to who will be selling DMCH parts.
>
> That's an easy one. A proper parts vendor is one that is a "full-service"
> facility - parts, mechanical service, body (stainless and fiberglass)
> repair, car sales - much like you would get from a regular "car dealer".
> Today, that would include Bauerle Automotive, DeLorean Motor Center,
> DeLorean One, P.J. Grady DeLorean and ourselves.
>
> There are a handful of areas that are in need of a dedicated DeLorean
> service center, and these areas have the necessary number of cars (in our
> opinion) to be able to do a good business and truly be a benefit to the
> DeLorean community. These areas are: South Florida, the Pacific Northwest
> and the Great Lakes/Chicagoland area.
>
> Toby & Misty Peterson in Oregon are doing a great job with DeLorean Parts
> Northwest, and when they are ready to open a service center, we think
> they'll make an even greater contribution to the DeLorean community (and
> probably find themselves with more work than they can do!)
>
> Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further questions.
>
> Regards,
>
> James

[moderator snip]

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:33:23 -0000
From: "jmlaux83" <jmlaux83_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Cricket in my transmission

Alright, I made my first big boo boo with the car a few weeks ago.
While still trying to get the hang of a manuel transmission car I
accidentally tried to put my car in gear without pushing down on the
clutch pedal first. It grinded for less then a second before I
realized my stupid mistake. now when ever the car is moving and the
cluch is not depressed it make a fast churping sound like a cricket
but barely tuch the clutch pedal and it will go away.

Also, sometimes when I put it into second it grinds slightly even If
the clutch pedal is completely down. What happened?

Jason

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 00:38:14 -0000
From: "Stephen Card" <stephen_at_dml_procomroofing.com>
Subject: Re: A new set of keys

Hi Owen,
The two key Deloreans use codes from two different "series". The
lock shops probably do have the codes, they may not know where to
look. Unfortunately people assume they don't have things for our
cars without really trying. Please contact me directly and I can
help you with your codes.
Stephen
Vin 3601
> Sorry to revive this thread, but I'm striking out with the local
locksmiths.  I'm got my K7xxx keycode, no problem.  One local
locksmith found only WRxxxx codes under "DeLorean"; the other had
nothing.  Is there something they need to look up other than
DeLorean, or do I just need to keep trying locksmiths until I find
one who has the right codes?

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:43:38 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Delorean rear view camera

I am planning to the rear-view-video-screen thing too when I build my time
machine since the back window will be covered up, I have decided to put it
right where the rear view mirror is.
That is the natural location where you would look at the mirror, and it will
help prevent glare.
Also, make sure you use a camera that has "mirror" reversing setting to that
everything will
be reversed like a real mirror, otherwise you might get confused!
- Videobob

>From: jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder_at_dml_yahoo.com>
>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [DML] Re: Delorean rear view camera
>Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:41:10 -0700 (PDT)
>

>     I had to just sit in the car parked in the garage
>for a good long while to decide where the screens
>would go.  A couple of possibilities were recommended
>and throught about.
>
>I always liked the position of the screens on the high
>end BMW's that we rent when working throughout europe,
>yet there is no real good place on the center console
>to mount the device and I considered on top of the
>center vents but found that would look like some
>amateur hack job.
>
>It was recommended to remove the tach, which serves
>almost no purpose on an automatic and put the screen
>there, but that goes against my somewhat purist non
>destructive philosophy. (should compliment, not
>replace a component)
>
>What is strongly considered is just to the right of
>the center console where the passanger knee pad is.
>Ill be making a small cardboard mockup and put the
>screen in to see if I want to go that route.  Also
>another trip to conrad to buy the box is in the works.
>
>Mounted in a thin profile prokect box covered with
>black leather, the box would be offset to angle
>towards the driver like the BMW.  It will take time to
>come out with a finished product but I dont have much
>to do on the car this winter so here goes.
>
>thanx
>
>jordan
>11613
[moderator snip]

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:28:52 -0000
From: "jmlaux83" <jmlaux83_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: aligning window seal

I am having a problem aligning my power window wipe seal. When the
window is up the rear of the seal fits really snug to the window
while the front of the seal towards the arch of the guide channel
barely makes contact with the window. It is like this for both doors.
The seals are correctly installed on the door so no human error here.
so what is it? I was thinking that the windows themselves may be
improperly alligned. How much of a gap is there between the metal
guide channel and the stainlees lip of the door? I'm hoping I don't
have to re-set the window but it is better than having a leaking car.

Jason

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:45:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>

They will need to get brave and look for the _code
number_ outside the Delorean listing. My listing shows
it as valid for British Leyland, Opel, Vauxhall, and
Volvo.

Hmmm.

All of those might be valid for replacement ignitions.
Anyone have a junkyard nearby with those manufacturers
in it? Volvo may not be a problem, though I do not
know years or models. I think someone on the other
side of the pond would be able to find replacement
ignition switches much easier.

--- Owen Emry <owen_at_dml_aerodrome.us> wrote:

> kevin creason wrote:
> > If you can find the code above your door headliner
> you
> > can get a "brand new" key, no wear, not tracer
> cut.
> > The problem is that the two-key cars don't seem to
> > have both keys recorded.
> > Pull the headliners in your door, and look for a
> > WR5xxx number-- that is your door code. A K7xxx
> > through K9xxx will be your ignition. It usually
> ends
> > with an "X" too but that letter doesn't matter.
> >
> > Anyway, get that code and go to any locksmith. Or
> > better, call DMCH and get their replica key blank.

[moderator snip]

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 20:46:23 -0400
From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>
Subject: Engine gaskets

Hey DML,

Quick question, if I am looking at buying an '81 DeLorean, which has not had much maintenance, is it a good idea to buy a "engine overhaul - gasket kit" and install the gaskets, as the originals may be getting brittle and worn.  Or is this overkill?

Thanks,
Todd

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 02:52:01 -0000
From: "birdwell77095" <birdwells_at_dml_usa.net>
Subject: Adjusting the Door on the Sun Star Delorean Model

Can someone tell me the website address that gives instructions on
how to adjust the tension on the doors of the Sun Star Delorean? I
know it involves partially disassembling the model. Thanks

Shannon

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:08:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: "use of the DMC logo..."

Wayne,

You must realize that I have been on this soap box
many times, providing the DML with links to the actual
US trademark database.

Not to rehash my arguments again, because they are
available in the archives, But it was pointed out to
me that the logo that DMCH does have a registered
trademark on pre-existed on many DMC documents in the
late 1970's.  Clearly, this predates the existence of
DMCH.  The lawyer I spoke to said that anyone can sue
anyone for anything, but if DMCH ever took legal
action against anyone for use of the any of the
logos/trademarks that predate them, they would likely
loose the case....  The problem is, most of the local
clubs or hobbyist who wants to sell a few reasonable
nick-knacks is being harassed with the threat of a law
suit they have no means of defending.

For 10+ years those logos were public domain, and no
one had a problem with it.

Marc

<SNIP>

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:13:23 -0400
From: "Brent W. Lundgren" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>
Subject: Re: Another TV sighting - Adult Swim - Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law - Back to the Present

Did anyone see "Modern Marvels" on the History Channel on Monday?  The
subject was muscle cars.  There were quite a few segments where John
DeLorean was interviewed about the development of the GTO.

Brent

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 06:04:25 -0000
From: "danlorean" <kiwidreams_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: TV sorta sighting

While shooting a new series for Discovery called Monster Nation we
needed to shoot two Motor Trikes driving down the road in Red Rock
Canyon (Las Vegas) Of course seeing as no door in the way makes a
better shot we popped the passengers door open and used my '81 D as a
moving platform. I don't know which got more looks that day, the brand
new motorcycles or the 23 year old Delorean...

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 01:49:16 -0400
From: service_at_dml_techno-concepts.com

Two years ago I made some DMC logos and a copy of the black side stripe I
posted it on E-bay
And received a e-mail from ebay telling me James from DMCH want me to remove
this auction because of copy rights
Out of resects I complied right away because DMCH always treated me well
In July 2004 I spoke about making some stripes for free or offering people
the PLT file
And received e-mail asking to remove the DMC logo from (James Houston he did
ask me nicely)
Few weeks latter VB is making them with no problems (except not selling) and
John hervey is selling them now on this site
With no disrespect I don't know whom to believe anymore would really like to
know this has been going on for years
P.S
The Rear CAM and LCD monitor/DVD/SAT/Atari in the kneepad was done almost 3
years ago if anyone want picture of the install and what it looks like and
maybe ways to improve or add to it.
let me know

Ken
)2700

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:46:58 -0000
From: "vtdmc" <wmack_at_dml_vt.edu>
Subject: Attn all northern virginia owners

This weekend, October 16th and 17th, the dealership that I work for
is renting out Summit Point near Charles Town WVA.  For those that
are interested there is a possibility, assuming your car will pass a
track inspection, for you to take it out onto the track.  For more
information please visit www.fwash.com click on news and events.
Even if you don't want to take your car on the track it should be a
great weekend with some fine Italian cars.

Hope to see you at the track.

Willie Mack

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:59:56 -0000
From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>
Subject: Delorean Motor Company Wish List

Hey James,

The wish list sounds like a good idea, do you have it posted anywhere
on your web site. It would be nice to view it and maybe vote for the
items on the list. This way you could guage the interest for each item
on the list. Put my vote down for that good looking steering wheel you
had in the anniversary car at DCS 2004.

Thanks
Max

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:19:43 -0400
From: "Bob Hlavacek" <bob.hlavacek_at_dml_snet.net>
Subject: DMC logo OWNERSSHIP DEFINED..."

*****  MOoderator's Note  *****

Agreed

*****  Mike G  Moderator of the Week

The legalities here are correct.
This definitively puts the issue to bed.

Bob Hlavacek

The following by Wayne A. Ernst

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:31:39 -0700
From: Owen Emry <owen_at_dml_aerodrome.us>
Subject: Re: aligning window seal

jmlaux83 wrote:

> I am having a problem aligning my power window wipe seal. When the
> window is up the rear of the seal fits really snug to the window
> while the front of the seal towards the arch of the guide channel
> barely makes contact with the window.

Jason, I know this doesn't directly answer your question, but pull off the top inner trim and make sure your windows are actually on the track correctly.  Mine were both riding on top of the track, instead of fitting around it, and it made everything work and fit strangely.  It also caused the LH window to rattle around.

-Owen

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:37:11 -0000
From: "turbodmc3113" <turbodmc_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: John Delorean at the Fall Tour!

Yes you read that right, John DeLorean at the Fall Tour October 16th
and 17th.I'm not saying that it is true or that he will be there
but you read it right:)

Yes for those on the list for many years, you know I do this
shameless post the weekend before the tour to get everyone's
attention.

I guess the lesson here is that you can't believe everything you
read on the internet  but here is what you can believe!

This will be absolutely the best Fall Tour Ever!
We will have the city of Glen Cove reserving the parking in town just
for us on Saturday to create a little bit of a spectacle and photo
opportunity (as we eat dinner and check out the town).

We have a great road Rally and many picturesque stops and scenic
driving planed for this weekend.  Just take a look at the pictures of
the area www.falltour.itgo.com Now picture it with 20 or more
Deloreans.

If you can't make both days just come in for the day.
The block of $159 rooms at the Harrison Conference Center is sold out
but you can call and see what else is available 516 671-6400.

Go to the Club Web page
http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/events/falltour5.htm  and take a
look at the itinerary and fill out the registration form. It is too
late to mail the form but you can fax it to me at (516) 656-3516
If you fax the form to me before Friday and pay the balance in cash
once you arrive (sorry no checks day of the show) I can waive the
late fee.

If you have questions or want more info please feel free to e-mail me
at falltour5_at_dml_hotmail.com that's falltour5(at)hotmail.com

Regards,

Michael DeLuca
President DeLorean Mid Atlantic Club

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:38:51 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Engine gaskets

Generally you do not want to replace all the gaskets in the motor. You
DO want to replace all the seals under the intake manifold, the water
pump, the hoses, adjust the valves, and replace the valve cover
gaskets. You will have to reseal the oil sender unit on the left side
of the motor, change the oil and the oil filter. Drain, flush, and
refill the cooling system, brake system, and clutch cylinders. You
should also have the injectors cleaned, replace the injector seals,
spark plugs, ignition wires, distributer cap and rotor. Finish up with
an air filter and fuel filter and maybe an acumulater. Depending on
the mileage you may also want to replace the O2 sensor. Depending on
how the Delorean was used, cared for, and stored there are many other
things you may want (or have to) do. This may include cleaning and
repacking the C/V joints, flushing the windshield washer system, wiper
blades, grease job, replace the traing arm bolts, wiring system
upgrades including cleaning all the connections, replace the tires and
have an alignment done, new struts, brake job, adjusting the
transmission linkage, etc,etc. Bringing a Delorean "back to life" can
take a lot of work and a lot of parts. You can do it all at once in
the begining or you can do it as things fail thereby lengthing your
period of frustration whenver your car lets you down and strands you
wherever you go. If you do buy the car and it was not cared for well
you can figure on spending $5,000 on it and that is just for the
parts! If you cannot do the work for yourself the cost of labor is at
least the cost of the parts and usually more. Budget accordingly and
at least try to negotiate that into the pruchase price. Also figure
out who and where the car will be serviced.

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:04:58 -0000
From: "turbodmc3113" <turbodmc_at_dml_hotmail.com>

I am not an expert on this subject or an attorney but I wanted to add
my two cents. As I understand it the DMC logo is the property of John
DeLorean.

If someone else owns or has the rights to this they should speak up
once and for all.It is also my opinion that if someone has the
exclusive right to the logo etc.
They should make it available to the Delorean Clubs to use as a
courtesy to promote the cars and the clubs. No one is ever going to
get rich off the use of the DMC logo or font.
We all need to support the clubs and the vendors to keep our cars
running and in the public eye if we want to promote and preserve
these cars.

If a vendor does own the rights to this, I can't see how it would be
in there interest to file a lawsuit against someone or a club trying
to promote the product that they make a living with.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Mike D.

See you at the Fall Tour.

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:26:10 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

My feeling it would be an over kill unless you feel there has been abuse of
some kind. Overheating and so on.

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:54:43 -0000
From: "gzapf" <x86Daddy_at_dml_myrealbox.com>
Subject: LCD monitor/DVD/SAT/Atari (was "use of the DMC logo...")

Yes; please post some pictures!  I'm currently in the planning stages
for my DeLorean's computer.

Thanks,
--Greg

<SNIP>

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:01:58 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: John Delorean at the Fall Tour!

In a message dated 10/13/2004 11:59:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
turbodmc_at_dml_hotmail.com writes:

Yes you  read that right, John DeLorean at the Fall Tour October 16th
and 17th.I'm  not saying that it is true or that he will be there
but you read it  right:)

Is this not false advertising LOL

I'll be there anyway

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:09:34 -0400
From: Peter Lucas <lucas_at_dml_Maya.com>

*****  Moderator's Note  *****
This is a good summary of the differences between Copyright and
Trademark.  We are not going to resolve the issue or DeLorean
Motor Company (both the original and the company in Houston)
copyrights and trademarks here - that can only be resolved by
attorneys and judges.  Consider this thread closed.

*****  Mike G  Moderator of the Week

I'm guessing that the moderators are going to stomp on this thread
pretty quickly, but since the last few posts have been allowed, let me
(without taking sides in any way) point out a basic confusion in the
dialog:

This discussion has been confusing two very different kinds of
intellectual property: copyright and trademark.  Copyright protects
authors from having their  creative efforts being used by others.  They
protect the *expression* of ideas, not the ideas or facts themselves.
Trademarks, on the other hand protect things like trade names, logos or
short phrases ("Things go better with Coke") that are used to identify
products or services in the marketplace.

You get a copyright automatically just by the act of writing something,
and your protection lasts for a long time (exactly how long depends on
when you did the writing, but it is many, many years).  During the
lifetime of a copyright, the protection is essentially permanent--if a
company goes out of business, *somebody* inherits the copyrights.  You
get trademark rights by *using* a mark in trade (or registering your
intent to do so). It is first-come-first-served.  Further, if you stop
using a trademark, or fail to defend it when others try to use it, you
risk losing your rights (this is very different from copyright, where
the rights are there whether you use them or not).

[Note to moderators:  DeLorean content follows: ]
All this means that the situation is very different for the Workshop
manuals and for the DMC names and logos.  It is quite possible that
John D. really does own the copyrights (I have no idea whether this is
true).  If he does, he is free to grant permission for people to
reproduce them (with or without royalties) or to sue infringers as he
sees fit.  The original DMC logos, the name "DeLorean" as the
description of an automobile, etc,  were trademarks in their day. If
there was a period in which nobody was using them in trade, they would
tend to lose their protection.  It is possible to sell the rights to
use a trademark, but if has been abandoned, those rights may not exist.
   DMCH (or anybody else) is free to attempt to create new trademark
rights by using and defending certain marks, phrases, logos, etc.  This
is clearly what DMCH is trying to do.  When DMCH has their lawyers send
"nastygrams", they are simply doing what they have to do in order to
establish new rights and protect whatever existing rights they have.
Others are free to do the same.  When there are conflicts, some
combination of earliest use and deepest pockets will decide the winner.
   For better or worse, this is part of the way business works.

--Pete Lucas

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:26:15 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <dmcnews_list_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Re: 4X4s and hovercrafts

I have to weigh in on that hovercraft episode.

First off, that Jesse guy is a punk, but I guess that's how they
decided to pull in viewers. So, whatever. My real point is that clown
doesn't know a thing about hovercraft. The first attempt with putting
the panels on that Scat (that's the brand of the hovercraft, FYI) was
real iffy already. Those things only lift a few hundred pounds.

When he came out and whined about the "lame" design, demanding the
DeLorean itself be turned into a hovercraft, I immediately knew it
wouldn't work. The car is way too heavy. You'd be hard pressed to lift
that sucker with it's own engine, let alone drive it around on a less
than firm surface. Doing it with the Scat's engine was simply impossible.

I'm no hovercraft expert, but I know enough; I'm building an 8
passenger 20 foot Sevtec Explorer hovercraft in my garage. The
completed craft will weigh about 1200lbs, engine included. It will
have a 1400lb payload and needs 80hp to operate conservatively. This
craft is /designed/ as a hovercraft and at 20' x 12' has vastly more
lifting area than a DeLorean.

Could you turn a DeLorean into a hovercraft? Sure, but you'd need an
awful lot of engineering work, a proper skirt, the underside of the
car 100% sealed, and several hundred hp just to start with. Quite
honestly I think it'd be hard to do with fans. A turbine would be your
best bet.

The other alternative is to build a proper hovercraft base and simply
attach the car to that. You'd still need a lot of engineering and
horsepower to make it happen.

-Ryan

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, darryl_at_dml_t... wrote:

> Rich, I wasn't meaning anything negative toward your cars.  I know you
> purchased the 4X4 and vastly improved it, as it was pretty crude
when I looked
> into getting it.  What I was referring to was the next guy, trying
to copy you
> with some half-baked attempt.  And the hovercraft part was squarely
aimed at
> the MG car.  That whole fiasco was ill-advised, and why people like
Don and
> the rest would contribute to such a negative effort is beyond me.
At least
> your cars continue to "live" in modified form; that one was executed
in front
> of millions of viewers.  Not a pretty sight.
>
> I'm hardly a puritan on this subject, having been a street rodder
all my
> life.  Heck, I even once pursued making a full custom out of a
Tucker!  I also

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:47:58 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <dmcnews_list_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

http://www.88-mph.com/doors.html