From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2275
Date: Thursday, October 14, 2004 8:29 AM

1. TIME MACHINE PARTS
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. Re: Transmission/Diff adjustment
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

3. Silver D with brown leather interior.
From: "Mads de Bruin" <debruin_at_dml_dia.eur.nl>

4. Re: Evaporator
From: Jeff Phillips <rvparty_at_dml_gmail.com>

5. Houston Area Owner Get Together
From: "birdwell77095" <birdwells_at_dml_usa.net>

6. Rough Idle
From: "birdwell77095" <birdwells_at_dml_usa.net>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 03:11:09 -0000
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: TIME MACHINE PARTS

For those of you out there planning on building a time machine replica,
or if you like to toss a few BTTF parts into your car at a car show,
or maybe you collect high end BTTF props for display then I have
something cool for you!

I have been working hard these last couple of weeks at making some
really awesome replicas of time machine parts.
I have made the TIME DRIVE CIRCUIT that sits near the shifter,
and now I have made the PLUTONIUM GAUGES that go in the glove compartment.

I am trying to blow these out so I can recover the money I spent
on all this stuff!

If you are interested in any stuff like this then check out my
eBay store:

http://stores.ebay.com/RCM-SALES

VIN#5278

Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 04:12:59 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Transmission/Diff adjustment

It's in the manual, unfortunately the manual will tell you to take
the trans completely apart and set the tension with only the
differential in the case. If it's too tight the bearings will wear,
too loose and the teeth on the gears will wear.

It's a bit late now, but you do not have to remove that nut at all to
change the seals. They just come out from the outside. This was
discussed on the list about a month ago.

Dave S

Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 06:39:06 -0000
From: "Mads de Bruin" <debruin_at_dml_dia.eur.nl>
Subject: Silver D with brown leather interior.

Hi,

While surfing the internet I came across a forum where someone told
he saw a DeLorean. It's a Singapore forum.
There are two pictures in there as well, look here:

http://cars.sgforums.com/?
action=thread_display&thread_id=77356&font_size=0

What caught my attention was the fact that it was a stainless steel
DeLorean but with a brown leather interior.
The pics were taken two years ago so you probably all have seen it
but for those of you who didn't, take a look at the link.
Don't know the story behind de D but I found it interesting enough to
share it with you.

Mads de Bruin
Netherlands

Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 07:52:32 -0500
From: Jeff Phillips <rvparty_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Evaporator

Dani,
   A good A/C shop can weld that pipe back together.  I just had the
same thing done to mine last month and its been working fine since.
Usually the crack like that from overtightening or from the nipple-end
fusing to the drier.  In my case the end of the pipe was forever
attached to the drier.  The A/C shop welded a new end and threaded
fitting on and I bought a new drier.  All is good.  I don't know if
your local Midas or Sears auto store can do this,  their A/C service
usually consists of hooking your car up to a machine and pressing the
green button.  Look for a mom and pop, ask on the phone if they can do
it before bringing it in.

Jeff
#10544

Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:01:41 -0000
From: "birdwell77095" <birdwells_at_dml_usa.net>
Subject: Houston Area Owner Get Together

I'm interested in getting in touch with some Houston area owners who
would be interested in getting together one Saturday in November.
Please contact me offline with your telephone number and part of town
you live in. I envision a get together to meet, socialize and help
one another work on our cars. Also, if you have a place where we
could meet, let me know.

Shannon

Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:57:20 -0000
From: "birdwell77095" <birdwells_at_dml_usa.net>
Subject: Rough Idle

My car normally idles at about 900 RPM. In the last couple of days it
will drop slightly then rev back up. When I press the accelerator the
engine will rev up roughly for about a second before smoothing out.
Could this be a slight leak in a vacuum hose? This started a day
after I refueled. Could it be bad gasoline?

Shannon