From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2281
Date: Monday, October 18, 2004 8:14 AM

1. Re: Changing oil question
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>

2. Re: Re: PDC's Redesigned Trailing Arm Attachment
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

3. Favor From UK Owner?
From: "Dan Harris" <whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com>

4. Re: Changing oil question
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

5. re: Brown Leather Seats
From: " Toscano" <toscano2_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>

6. What a difference it makes ...
From: "Nick Kemp" <nkemp_at_dml_bwig.net>

7. Mid-Atlantic Club Fall Tour V - Recap
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

8. Mid-Atlantic Logo contest Winner Announced!
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

9. Re: re: Brown Leather Seats
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

10. Gas Mileage - a data point
From: "Scott McMullan" <mcmullas_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>

11. Re: Re: PDC's Redesigned Trailing Arm Attachment
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 05:25:41 -0700
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>
Subject: Re: Changing oil question

That was supposed to be a "tongue in cheek" joke, re the 50K DeLorean.
Wishful thinking on my part I guess!

Murray
Vin: 05962
Lic:  DMC-XII
8 years

Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 09:04:26 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: Re: PDC's Redesigned Trailing Arm Attachment

Toby,

When I put the V8 in my D.  TAB stress was one of the primary concerns.
 At that time D. Baurerle was making some bolt on brackets, that
supported the head of the bolt on the other side of the TAB.   I decided
to test how much difference these brackets made.  We put a large piece
of clay around the stock TAB. Drove the car around and got on the engine
just once to deflect the bolt.

Then we installed Dave's brackets.   And ran the same test.   TAB
deflection was reduced by 1/2 inch under heavy acceleration load.

What this says to me is if you have a turbo car. or any other higher HP
engine, You need to up grade the support of the TAB.

BOB

Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 16:09:37 -0000
From: "Dan Harris" <whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Favor From UK Owner?

Hi everyone -

I am looking to locate a fellow Delorean owner located in the UK who
might be able to help me out by showing up with their car at an event
(not car related) that I will be attending in Stockton-on-Tees (in
the Northeast, near Middlsbrough) on Sunday 14 November to surprise
an aquaintence of mine.  He is a big classic car buff who has never
seen a Delorean first hand but is very keen to, and I'd like to
surprise him with a personal encounter, and perhaps a test drive.  I
won't mention his name here, but if you happen to also be a Doctor
Who fan, you might really want to do this, as the person I'm hoping
to surprise is one of the stars of the long-running BBC-TV show, who
will be there attending a fan convention that day along with about a
dozen other stars from the series.  I can't pay you anything to come,
but I can introduce you (and your car) to several of the show's stars
whom I personally know, and probably buy you a few pints at the bar
with them too.  Please contact me privately off the list at whocruiser
(at)aol.com to discuss this further if you are interested.

Dan Harris - VIN# 1662 - Florida Tag# MY 81DMC

          *****WhoCruiser_at_dml_aol.com is Dan Harris*****
WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser
Read about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: http://www.scificruise.com
Purr-use The Cat House at: http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage

Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 16:50:33 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

If you can ever find a Snap-On truck!

And don't tell me that they stop off at local garages. The only thing
I've ever seen stop at the local dealership when I had a company
vehicle in for repairs was a taco truck playing Mozart...

Don't know if you can order individual parts online, as their website
is currently down right now.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_c...> wrote:

> Anyone that can afford a 50K DeLorean can afford a ten dollar Snap
On

Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 13:30:45 -0700
From: " Toscano" <toscano2_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>
Subject: re: Brown Leather Seats

As someone mentioned earlier today, I can no longer get into that link as well. But I did the other day, and the car pictured does have production, as opposed to prototype, windows and wheels. However I forgot to take a look at the hood for creases or lack thereof. It was very obviously a brown interior, there appeared to be no color error or other obvious causes for it to look that way.

Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 16:45:52 -0500
From: "Nick Kemp" <nkemp_at_dml_bwig.net>
Subject: What a difference it makes ...

When you install the thermostat gasket correctly.  I never noticed that the
inside of the  gasket has a groove for the thermostat to sit in.  Every
once-in-a-while I goof and this one took a while to figure out:-)

Nick

Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:53:47 -0400
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: Mid-Atlantic Club Fall Tour V - Recap

Well..this weekends Fall Tour V event went great!  Special thanks to
everyone who helped put the event together, contributed raffel prizes,
and everyone who atteneded!

We had 19 cars show up this weekend for the event, and the weather held
out great for us!

Pictures and a writeup will be available soon on our website.

Kevin Abato
Vin# 18860

Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:58:31 -0400
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: Mid-Atlantic Logo contest Winner Announced!

The winner of the "Design Our logo" Contest was:  Monica Browning

Monica submitted the design on behalf of her father Keith Murphy from
Long Valley, NJ.
Congratulations to Keith!  He will be receiving a $100 PJ Grady gift
certificate.  Also a special thanks to Monica for all the hard work that
went into finalizing/tweaking the design after it was chosen.   :)

You will be seeing the logo making appearances on the club website, and
merchandise in the near future.

Thanks again to everyone else who contributed a design!

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680

Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:20:38 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: re: Brown Leather Seats

I uploaded a photo to the photo area called "brown interior" it has the
picture of the car with brown interior. Yes it has toll booth windows
with a gas flap hood.

Mark V

Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 22:33:59 -0400
From: "Scott McMullan" <mcmullas_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Gas Mileage - a data point

I've always wondered if my car's gas mileage was "normal" ... and I always
thought it amazing that someone was getting close to 30MPG (as my mileage
has hovered in the 18-22MPG range for a long time, with a pretty even mix of
highway and stop-and-go driving).

On the Fall Foliage tour just completed, I managed to squeeze out a little
over 23MPG, with a lot of highway miles PLUS a grueling parade at Montclair
State U yesterday, and all the stops and starts of the driving tour today.

When I did the math for my trip home, however, I was stunned to have
averaged 29.5MPG.  This was almost entirely highway miles, including many
miles faster than optimal-mileage speeds.  Maybe that pricey gas at the
Citgo was really worth the extra money we paid (oops), or maybe not.

Two things on my car have changed recently, and I haven't had enough
fill-ups to know if these are making a tangible difference or if the Fall
Tour was just an aberration... but here they are:  1) right before leaving
on the tour, I poured in some fuel system cleaner, and 2) I replaced my
stock radiator and fans with the 3-core radiator and low-power quiet fans
from John Hervey.  Maybe the radiator is allowing coolant to flow more
freely, maybe the low-draw fans is helping, I don't know.  Or maybe my fuel
system was really dirty.  Whatever it was, I have always wondered if 30MPG
was really a pipe dream... now I know it's not out of the realm of
possibility, even for me, a regular guy.

And a BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE who made the fall tour GREAT.  I brought my
whole family and everyone had a blast.

Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:46:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

When I looked at the design of the trailing arm, I too
thought it made more sense to have a double sheer
setup just like PDC now offers.

However, I tend to assume that the engineers working
for lotus know more than I do about suspension design.
 The PDC design only allows the arm to rotate around
the bolt.  Isn't it possible the design requires the
additional movement it has with the give of the rubber
bushing in the "stock" design?

http://vote.yahoo.com