From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2287
Date: Thursday, October 21, 2004 9:25 AM

1. Old John DeLorean Commerical
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

2. Re: Re: DeLorean Handling
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

3. Re: Re: DeLorean Handling
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 01:34:26 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Old John DeLorean Commerical

While searching around on the internet, I found this snippet over on
DIY Network's website:

"
The 1968 Pontiac GTO was the first car to offer polyurethane bumper
covers. The bumpers were introduced in a memorable television campaign
with an ad featuring John DeLorean attacking a GTO bumper with a
sledge hammer."

Does anyone have this video? I'd really like to see this if possible.
And would love even more a screen cap of JZD beating the hell out of a
GM car for my desktop! ;)

Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 02:01:44 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Re: DeLorean Handling

DeLoreans are easy to spin.  Just go into a turn at high speed, lift
off the throttle quickly and tap the brakes.  A couple of years ago,
Bruce Benson and I wrote an article comparing the DeLorean to
my 1983 Lotus Esprit Turbo.  I think it was printed in the DMCH
magazine in the last year or two.  Anyway, in that article I did a
handling comparison of the two cars on a stretch of road near
my house.

Every few years, the county resurfaces the roads by putting down
a layer of oil followed by loose gravel.  The theory is that the gravel
is pressed into the oil by traffic.  Since it covers the entire road, they
put small plastic reflectors down the center line to mark the lanes -
instant slalom.  Another feature of the gravel is that it collects in a
ridge along the center of the road.  Slaloming over the ridge gets
the rear of the car light on a low friction surface.  There was a
marked difference between the mid-engined Esprit and the rear
engined DeLorean on identical tires (Yokohama AVS Intermediates).
The Esprit was much quicker through the gates and much more
planted.  Both cars were predictable, but you could really feel
that weight behind the rear axel.

-------------- Original message from "David Teitelbaum" : --------------

Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 02:11:30 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

I'm not sure I agree that a rear weight bias is easier to catch than
a mid or front weight bias, particularly with the DeLorean because
it is almost impossible to steer with the throttle.  Coupled with a
light front end, once it goes, it's gone.

-------------- Original message from "LJScarlet2" : --------------