From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2291
Date: Saturday, October 23, 2004 9:39 AM

1. Re: LED A/C Lights (Was Re: Rewiring the AC Panel Lights)
From: "Jake Kamphoefner" <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

2. Re: Brake Upgrades?
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

3. Re: stripping paint
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 02:45:10 -0500
From: "Jake Kamphoefner" <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: LED A/C Lights (Was Re: Rewiring the AC Panel Lights)

Bob,

    Are these the ones you found??

http://autolumination.com/otherleds.htm

For anyone who is interested, they are the BA7s (scroll down about 3/4 down
the page listed above).  For 3 bucks a piece, get 4 white and 3 red to do
your A/C panel.  They plug right in, just as the old bulbs do.  No worries
about polarity or improper fit.  Just put the 4 white ones in the sockets
behind the panel, and the 3 red bulbs in the fan fail, defroster, and lock
doors sockets.  *Be careful not to push the sockets back behind the panel or
you'll have to reach behind and "feel" them back into the hole*

I mention this with excitement as I just performed this mod to my car a
couple weeks ago.  On my early car, I was worried about damaging the
"unique" earliest style panel from the heat.  Doing the wiring mod kept them
off during the day, but that thing would still burn my hand if I touched it
at night -so I just unplugged the lights all together.  Thanks to Rod
Dillman and others for posting the info for this site back in July.  I
bought the bulbs, installed them using only one small, phillips screwdriver.
Very easy, the light is bright and even, and the panel is always cool to the
touch.

By the way, I have no affiliation with the site I listed above.  I'm just a
satisfied customer.  :-)

Jake Kamphoefner in St. Louis
(Driving 1063 to the World Series next week!  Whoo hoo!)

Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:44:06 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Brake Upgrades?

Check this out! I have only seen this installed, I haven't driven
it, but it appears to be the ultimate brake upgrade to me.

http://www.dmc-service.nl/Uk/Index_Uk.htm

Harold McElraft - 3354

Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:51:48 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: stripping paint

IMHO, if you want stainless there are too many D's available to mess
with taking paint off of one - especially if you don't know what is
under the paint (Bondo, etc.).

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Jay Gosciniak" <gotojayjay_at_dml_a...>
wrote:

> Hey everyone I have found a delorean for about $8,000 around where
my
> grandfather lived, except that it is painted red, is there any way
to strip
> the paint? Would I have to get it professionally done? Thanks! -
Jay