From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2300
Date: Friday, October 29, 2004 5:30 PM

1. Re: Getting pulled over :)
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. RE: Getting pulled over :)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. RE: Getting pulled over :)
From: "Scott McMullan" <mcmullas_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>

4. Re: Getting pulled over - Halloween
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

5. RE: Getting pulled over :)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: Getting Pulled Over
From: DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net

7. Re: Wiring for Door Locks and Headlights
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

8. Re: Wiring for Door Locks and Headlights
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

9. Re: Wiring for Door Locks and Headlights
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>

10. Re: Wiring for Door Locks and Headlights
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>

11. RE: Re: LED's for the center console - I GOT THEM!
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

12. Re: faulty volt gauge..
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. RE: LED's for the center console
From: "Scott McMullan" <mcmullas_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>

14. "Corrosion Block"
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. Re: faulty volt gauge..
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

16. Desperate--Need Advice On Using DC Power Converter
From: "LJScarlet2" <ljscarlet2_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. RE: Re: alternator ground?
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

18. Re: Desperate--Need Advice On Using DC Power Converter
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

19. Re: Desperate--Need Advice On Using DC Power Converter
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

20. Re: Misfiring on low RPM
From: "neeliuz" <dmc_at_dml_tranceponder.se>

21. Texas DeLorean Owners/Enthusiasts
From: "james" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

22. The alternator
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

23. Re: Desperate--Need Advice On Using DC Power Converter
From: "trekkerlb_at_dml_netzero.com" <TrekkerLB_at_dml_Netzero.Com>

24. Re: The alternator
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

25. Re: Deloreans and Smashing Pumkins
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:14:40 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Getting pulled over :)

Yeah, I was just talking about the cops....
The general public is a whole other story.
One time a guy followed my wife from our house to the store, waited for her
to finish shopping and
then followed her home, she got terrified and called me on my cell, I told
her to call the police
and let the Rottweiller out, and go grab the Berretta!
Turns out it was some punk ass teenager who saw my Delo sitting in the
driveway
and wanted to see it.... I don't know why he was following her.
He came up to the door and rang the bell and my wife was too afraid to
answer the door.
I, in the mean time was rushing home on my Harley with blood in my eyes.
When I reviewed my security camera tapes of the grounds, I could see the kid
taking
pictures of my car, and video, setting the camcorder on the ground and
standing next to it....
this was all in the middle of the night mind you!
He is SOOO lucky he left before I got back home because I would have
strangled
the little turd for being an idiot!

I can't tell you how many times someone has stopped their car, came up my
lawn,
knocked on my door and got me out of bed to ask me, "Is that your DeLorean"?
My reply is, "DeLorean? There's a DeLorean in my driveway? Holy crap! How
did that get there?"

It is one thing to have someone bugging you at the gas station, or pressing
their nose against
the glass to have a look when it is parked, I have gotten used to that and
even accepted it now,
but when people come to my house it bugs me.
There was only one time that it didn't bug me, when another D owner stopped
by with his car
to introduce himself... that is perfectly alright and even encouraged!
...as for everyone else, STAY OFF MY LAWN! - LOL

It's funny how the car is such a "magnet" when we all know stainless steel
has no magnetic properties. Gotta love irony.

-Videobob

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:27:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

To add to this thread:

Earlier this year I was returning from California,
through Utah on Interstate 70.  Speed limit is 75 - I
invariably cruise at 80.

As I rounded a long sweeping curve I spotted a Utah
State Police car parked in the median between the East
and West bound lanes.  Long before I even got to him
he had turned on his flashers and I pulled over so
that he didn't even have to move his car.

He said I was doing 86 mph!  I knew I wasn't, but okay
let's see where this goes.  Then he asked for my
license, registration, insurance and went back to his
cruiser.  I thought I had been stoppped by a real hard
ass.

When he returned he handed me a "courtesy ticket"
(which BTW in Utah is actually a very nicely worded
letter warning of the potential consequences of
speeding) and wanted to talk about the car.  As we
parted company and I thanked him for the "courtesy
citation", he said,  "Well, I just couldn't give you a
ticket for speeding in a DeLorean at 86 mph.  Anything
less than 100 mph would be an insult to this car."

Dick Ryan

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:25:38 -0400
From: "Scott McMullan" <mcmullas_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>

Maybe harassment is a regional thing.
I don't want to jinx anything, but I've been driving my car on "nice weather
days" (read: days without precipitation or sheets of ice on the ground) for
over a year now, local, highway, commuting on high-speed roads, etc... and
I've never attracted any obvious attention from law enforcement.

Pumping gas, however, is always amusing, as is dropping off or picking up
one of my kids at school.

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 20:20:55 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Getting pulled over - Halloween

Since it is the Halloween season, I thought I would mention this.

Shortly after I bought my second Delorean in 1990, I went to a
Halloween part dressed as Marty McFly in a yellow "radiation"
suit (basically a modified yellow rain suit) and an aluminum
suitcase with a whole bunch of green chemical glow sticks.

I was driving around the area where the party was, opening my
driver door and handing out glowing "plutonium pellets" to all
the cute girls walking to the party.  I was really getting hot
in that suit for more than one reason.

A very cool cop did "pull me over", but luckily when he called
in to the station, one of my friends was on dispatch that night
and told the officer to tell me to "make a tree and get out of
there".  Needless to say, I stopped by the station to say "Hi"
after that.  My dispatcher friend told me the officer called in
that he had "McFly driving around, doors open, in a Delorean".

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_h...>
wrote:

> snip <
>
> A couple of state
> troopers were admiring my son's car and we struck up a
conversation. One of

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:25:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3 are deserved.
Only 1 of your 4 examples are stupid excuses... the other 3, traffic LAWS were
broken.

Most of the time "the man" is enforcing the law, not bringing us down.

Shannon Y
16506

--------------
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:56:29 -0500
   From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:38:03 +0000
From: DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: Gary is right about refocusing on the core topic of the list.]

Speaking for one of the many in the law enforcement community who own a DeLorean and are on this list, I have to say it always amuses me to see statements like Bob's below that he drives 106mph and feels he is uneccesarily harassed.  Of course as usual one original question posted about turn signal color quickly denegrades into a discussion about personal "cop" stories.  I would say from experience that very few police officers care about what kind of car they are stopping and I wouldn't flatter yourself into thinking that driving a DeLorean makes you a special target.  Perhaps its the 106mph speed limit you are maintaining.  Of course none of this relates to the DML as usual, or the topics the list was formed to address, So maybe instead of venting about you own personal history you should try to answer the original question.  I am sure that we could post hundreds of stories about owners being given only a warning as well, as well as the many times local police officers assist us in our events and shows in different areas.

Gary

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:43:08 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Re: Wiring for Door Locks and Headlights

I can answer your first question about the door locks:

>> How does one wire the door locks so that locking or
>> unlocking the right (passenger) door locks or unlocks
>> both doors and not just the right door.

You don't have to. The car is designed this way. Pushing either of the
lock/unlock buttons on the doors should automatically actuate them
both. If your car is not doing this, then you have a problem with your
lock circuit.

Does one side lock/unlock both, but the other side only does itself?
If so, the side that only does itself has the problem. You'll have to
pull the interior door panels apart to fix this. When you actuate the
locks manually, there is a small metal arm that moves and makes
contact with one of two metal "nubs". This tells the door lock
controller to activate the lock/unlock solenoids. I'm willing to bet
your metal arm is bent or otherwise not making contact where it should.

If neither door locks or unlocks the other, then the problem will be
more fun to diagnose. It could be that a previous owner clipped the
wires somewhere between the doors and the lock controller to disable
this function. Could be the lock controller has a problem. Could be
both doors have bent/maladjusted linkage preventing that metal "sensor
arm" from making contact. You could probe this out with a multimeter.

A note of caution, do not attempt to lock/unlock your doors while they
are open. This will damage the linkage. You can solve this, however:
Each door comes down on two striker pins, one in the front and one in
the back. There are little latches inside the doors where they hit the
striker pins. You need to manually close these latches with a
screwdriver or other tool. When closed they will form an "O" shape, as
if they are hooked around those striker pins. If you close both of
these, then you can freely lock/unlock the door while it is open
without damaging it. MAKE SURE YOU OPEN THESE BACK UP BEFORE YOU
ATTEMPT TO CLOSE THE DOOR. To do this, pull on the door opening handle
and while you hold that open, move both door latches back into the
open position.

If none of this makes sense and you need clarification, let me know.

-Ryan

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:06:40 +0200 (MEST)
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

Get your door lock system fixed, then it will work like
you want it. Right now it seems to be broken.
Is the red wire plugged into the circuit breaker ?
Is the door lock module where it should be ?

If both things are ok, then I bet your solenoids (at least one)
are shot.
No, you can't fix it then by plug and play.

And yes there are ways to connect the buzzer to the head lights.
But is it necessary ? I bet now you won't forget it anymore again.

Elvis

> I have two questions regarding wiring. How does one wire the door
> locks so that locking or unlocking the right (passenger) door locks
> or unlocks both doors and not just the right door. I often have to
> get things out from the right side and I don't want to walk back
> around to lock both sides from the right door.
>
> Is there a way to wire the headlights in such a way so that if the
> car is turned off with the headlights on the buzzer will sound for a
> few seconds or until the lights are turned off? I went to an event
> last night and left the lights on for a few hours. The car started
> right up when I got in to leave but I don't want this to happen again.
>
> Also, I have one loose black(?) wire coming from the dash hanging
> down above the accelerator and brake pedals. It has an "eyelet"
> ending so it looks like it's suppose to be tightened down with a nut
> somewhere. I'm wondering if it is a ground wire of some sort. Any
> idea what it might be?
>
> Shannon

Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Ausgaben der TV Movie mit DVD
++++ Jetzt anmelden und testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++++

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:15:51 -0000
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>

 Maybe I'm not understanding you but the normal door operation does
exactly what you are describing.  Each door locks and unlocks both
doors.  That is as long as your door lock module and original
equipment are working properly.

D & 6530

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:34:37 -0000
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>

Shannon,

What you are describing is a "lights on reminder".  I'm not sure if
the original buzzer was supposed to provide this function but it is
easy to replicate.  You can buy a "lights on reminder" from JC
Whitney for 8 bucks (part # SK734756N), your local car parts store or
make one yourself from a diode and an electronic buzzer from Radio
Shack  (Part #s 276-1101 & 273-059) for 4 bucks.  It gets connected
between a wire that's "hot" when the ignition is on and a wire that's
hot when the parking lights are on.  I connected mine easily under
the dash.  If you need more details just ask.

D & 6530

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:15:40 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: LED's for the center console - I GOT THEM!

I have photos of the bulbs on my site if you want to see what they look
like.
- VB
http://www.dfwdmc.com

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:20:45 -0000
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: faulty volt gauge..

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_a...> wrote:
> hey again i attached the voltmeter at the battery.... I will have to check the
cluster of ground wires on the front frame.. the ones in the back are nice and
new and clean with new bolts so it shouldnt be them ... any other guesses??
thanks .Dave..

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:43:11 -0400
From: "Scott McMullan" <mcmullas_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>
Subject: RE: LED's for the center console

I use blue behind the console, and I think it looks much better.  I tried
white back there, but with the blue I can see the console much more clearly,
and it seems brighter than what I saw with white.  I even tried them
side-by-side (half white, half blue), and for me it was no contest.  Of
course, YMMV.  These bulbs are cheap compared to some of the parts we
routinely need, so it won't kill you to try it out if you're curious.

I love knowing I can leave my doors open indefinitely without fear of heat
or battery issues.  One of my lenses was partially melted before I put in
the door LED's.  I even put LED's in the trunk and courtesy lights.  Haven't
found the right one for the glove box yet.  I might try to shoehorn an 1156
LED in there; I thought it was too dim in the tail, but should be fine in
the glove box.

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:37:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: "Corrosion Block"

I don't normally recommend products but this one is really good. I've used it on the electrical connections on my boat ( two years and no corrosion ) and have started using it on everything. A little bit of this stuff goes a long way. Also a great penetrant. It is available at marine supply stores which is where I found it. They have a website;

http://www.learchem.com/C.B.Page.htm

NO, I don't have any connection with the company. I wouldn't object to a few free cans though. ~grin~

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 23:31:34 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

The most common cause of this symptom is a poor connection at fuse
number 5. Take the fuse in and out about ten times to clean the
connections and then see what the voltmeter in the dash says.

Harold McElraft - 3354

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:09:00 -0000
From: "LJScarlet2" <ljscarlet2_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Desperate--Need Advice On Using DC Power Converter

Hi everyone.

As some of you might know, I am driving my Delorean in the Greenwich
Village Halloween Parade this Sunday.  I have a whole bunch of people
coming in 1980s costumes to walk with me (will be sure to post
pictures).

My dilemma is this:  My car does not have a working stereo.  We need
music for the parade.  I don't really want to have a bring a "boom
box" because that would sound crummy and wouldn't be very loud.  I
tried taking a small stereo system from my home, but it does not run
on batteries.  So, I would like to try to use the car as a power
supply.

However, my cigarette lighter is rusty and not very trustworthy.
Also, after talking to Justin Reaves, who destroyed some appliance by
plugging it into his lighter, I don't think this is a great idea.
Apparently the wiring can be very bad.

Second problem...I am not sure about the condition of my car
battery.  The day I got it I needed a jump start.  However, since
fixing the air conditioner and some other stuff I haven't had any
problems since.  But, it is always a worry.  This would be stop-and-
go for a few miles and I cannot have my car die in the middle of a
parade.  That would be very embarrassing and I am sure NYC would have
lots of great fines to slap me with.

So, I went to Radio Shack and purchased an "accessory outlet" which
is basically like another cigarette lighter.  And, I got a 140 watt
DC-to-AC inverter.  I would have to hook up the new outlet, which I
don't really know how to do.

Can you tell me
a) how to attach the outlet
b) if this is a terrible idea
c) about another solution to my problem

Thank you so much!

Lauren

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:06:44 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Re: alternator ground?

Matt & Group.
Because grounds are such a problem with the car, I will in the next couple
of weeks make up some good ground wires for the alternator and put them on
the site. So as long as the ground on the frame is good and from the frame
to the engine, then we will have a good solid ground for the alternator and
other things.

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 02:07:54 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

Wiring is going to vary from car to car, because you never know what
has happened in the past. Just because someone else has had a problem
with something, that doesn't nessisarily mean that you're going to see
the same thing. Especially with something like this.

Offhand, I don't see how "bad wiring" is going to fry an appliance
that you plug into the cigarette lighter. If anything were to have
been damaged, it should have been something on the car.

I've taken my car out for some late night war driving sessions, and
have never had a problem with any of the laptop computers that I've
plugged into my cigarette lighter. Never used a power invertor, but I
don't forsee any problems with one. That is after all why the circuits
are protected by fuses.

As for the problem with your battery, you didn't post your VIN #. As
there may be a fix that you could perform, that would rectify this.
Although the condition of the battery at the time would also have
ALLOT to do with your starting ability. In other words, did it have a
full charge at the time?

BUT! If you honestly are that worried about your car, I've only got
one suggestion. Either don't drive the car, or gain some confidence
quickly. 90% of the time, the fears that most DeLorean owners have
about their cars are unfounded. Like in the movie, "Tommy Boy", it
certainly is amazing how unessisarily comforting a warranty can be to
people...

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 03:12:49 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Buy  portable battery pack. They come with an power outlet that you
can plug an inverter into. Some more expensive ones even come with a
converter and an air compressor. If your battery is not good replace
it before it gets you stuck.

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 07:22:30 -0000
From: "neeliuz" <dmc_at_dml_tranceponder.se>
Subject: Re: Misfiring on low RPM

I checked as good as I could. Especially the vaccum delay
connections around the warm up reg. area.

I have just replaced my waterpump and this problem came after
that operation. I installed the water pump kit from huston with all
gaskets etc s i dont suspect a leak in the intake.
One mystery is the air aux pipe from the idle speed motor, what is the
effects of air leaks there ?

Is it possible that a ign cable has been damaged ?
The car runs great on every rpm above 1200.

Regards
Johan

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:15:06 -0400
From: "james" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Texas DeLorean Owners/Enthusiasts

The Texas DeLorean Motor Club is having an organizational
meeting on November 11 at 7:30pmat the offices of DeLorean
Motor Company (Texas) - address below. Light refreshments will
be available.

Though we are located in the Houston area, we encourage
participation from all parts of Texas and Lousiana. Currently there
are no dues, so now is the perfect time to get involved and get
active.

On the agenda will be planning for 2005 events, with already at
least one parade, one road rallye to a car museum and a car show
on the calendar.

Contact james(at)delorean.com or call 800/872-3621 for more
details.

Regards,

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396

281/441-2537
800/872-3621

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 03:26:28 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: The alternator

As we all know, the delorean came with the 90 amp Motorolla after the
Delco with its problems. Obviously, the 90 amp was sufficient enough
to run the fans, A/C, lights and etc. When my alternator failed me I
purchased the 250 AMP alternator, now compared to the 90 this should
have PLENTY of amps to spare...or does it? I run my car with the heat,
lights and everything cranked, but when I flick to my high beams as if
I was flashing from low to hi-under acceleration I feel my engine
buck. With the more I turn on, the less acceleration I feel my car can
do. Now also I'm having a start problem-I'll go to start my car and it
will crank forever, and won't start even with spray. My suspect is the
alternator. When I can finally turn the car over after a recharged
battery, the alternator squeels like hell and the gauge reading is
very low. The squeeling isn't the belt for sure, more like the magnets
inside the alternator. Is it possible for the alternator to somehow
have an electrical disturbance inside which will cause the ignition
system to fail? Anyone else experience this? Dani B. #5003

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:57:25 GMT
From: "trekkerlb_at_dml_netzero.com" <TrekkerLB_at_dml_Netzero.Com>

Hi Lauren,

I've used a 300 Watt inverter for some time now.  Unfortuneately it just plugs into the lighter.  Depending On what you have, you could simply get a couple of large alligator clips at Radio shack and come right off the battery - there is some advantages to it's location.  The inverter should have protection in it so you would not need to worry too much about it, just don't pinch the wires!

The only other advise I could give is to make sure you have enough power - Look at the system you want to plug in, and make sure it's less than 140W - if not, you'll need something larger.  The 300 Watt I picked up was from Wal-Marts - works great and was less than Radio Shack!

Have fun!

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:37:25 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: The alternator

Have you spoken to the vendor of the alternator? My impression is that it's still
pretty new. Maybe it's still under warranty.

As has been stated many times here, grounds are critical. The grounds
complete the circuit. If they are dirty/corroded/loose, then your current flow
will be restricted. Think of it as pinching off a garden hose.

I suppose it's possible to damage the alternator by running it with a poor
ground because of the resistance involved but I suspect the alternator
squeals because the bearings are nearly gone. Since this is obviously not a
stock altnernator you must have made some alterations in order to make the
pulleys line up for the belt. If you're even a small bit off (meaning you're
diagonal), the lateral stress will wipe out the shaft bearings pretty quickly.

For my part, I can't understand all the hoopla about alternators. Mine was
completely siezed when I bought my car. I had it rebuilt and fully loaded, it only
dips down to 11/11.5 Vdc. Variaton within the species I guess.

Sorry I couldn't provide more positive info.

Rich A.

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:45:41 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Deloreans and Smashing Pumkins

Yes, this post does involve Deloreans and Smashing Pumpkins,
but it has nothing to do with the popular band of the 1990's.

Volo Auto Museum is hosting a Monster Mash event this weekend
and has two monster trucks that will be crushing cars twice a
day on Saturday and Sunday.  The museum invited the D Rex and
the GT40 Rock Crawler to participate in the event as well,
however they wanted me to smash pumkins instead of cars, which
is fine with me.  The D Rex will smash pumpkins before each of
the car crushing sessions, each day, at 12:30pm and 3pm.

In addition to the Halloween fun, the museum has asked me to
give a short talk on Deloreans, Delorean clubs and vendors and
of course, Delorean owners and also give a short talk on the
GT40RC, Monster Garage and working on both MG shows.  A few of
the members from the GT40RC build will be joining me at the
event, answering questions about Deloreans and the MG show.

After the Monster Mash event, the D Rex and the GT40RC will be
on display at the museum through the winter, until next spring.
As part of the deal with the museum, I will be able to include
DMC club banners, flyers and pamphlets within the display area
so this will be an excellent opportunity to provide accurate
Delorean information to museum patrons over the next few months.

I have already invited our local DMC club members to the event
via email, but the event is open to the general public as well.
See the link below to get more information about the event and
more details about the museum and their car collection.

http://www.volocars.com/news16.html

The Volo Auto Museum is located about 50 miles north of Chicago,
50 miles east of Rockford and 50 miles southwest of Milwaukee,
1/2 mile west of Route 12 on Highway 120, 13 miles west of I-94
in Volo, Illinois.     www.volocars.com