From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2303
Date: Sunday, October 31, 2004 1:39 PM

1. Re: Car Crash: The Delorean Story (2004) (TV)
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

2. RE: Clutch / Shifting Problems
From: Mike Griese <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

3. RE: Car Crash: The Delorean Story (Don't bother)
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Re: Wiring for Door Locks and Headlights - Revisited
From: Chris Almy <chris.almy_at_dml_comcast.net>

5. Re: LED "Kits" 50% Cheaper!
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

6. Re: Wiring for Door Locks and Headlights - Revisited
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

7. Re: DeLorean Factory Lowering Kit
From: Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Re: Slam/RPM Shifting, Part Deux
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

9. Car will not start
From: mfdpa_at_dml_aol.com

10. Faulty gauges again..
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Ebay SCAM!! DMC Owners BEWARE
From: "Jason Sisto" <wizard_at_dml_tdgllc.com>

12. Low-vin door problem
From: "ferdaniraphael" <raf40_at_dml_wanadoo.fr>

13. Wouldn't Start after sitting a week
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. Question for "Dummies" :)
From: "John Rydholm" <ebondefender_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. Injectors dripping
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:25:55 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Car Crash: The Delorean Story (2004) (TV)

You can buy it here for $9.99
http://www.dfwdmc.com/

Mark V

Date: 30 Oct 2004 18:32:03 -0500
From: Mike Griese <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: Clutch / Shifting Problems

You either need to bleed your clutch, or if you still have the original clutch hose, you need to replace it with a braided stainless hose.  This replacement is available from most of the usual vendors.

From:  Adam Lee
Date:  7/4/04 3:17 pm
To:  dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subj:  [DML] Clutch / Shifting Problems

Hello all! I am having a bit of trouble with my clutch. It seems
that since it has gotten hot that I am having a harder time keeping
pressure on my clutch. Before the heat started, my clutch was real
stiff and never had a problem shifting through gears. Not it likes
to grind the gears a bit (especially reverse). But if I pump the
clutch for a while it will work for a while. Plenty of fluids. Any
suggestions?

Adam Lee

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see  www.dmcnews.com

Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:18:49 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Car Crash: The Delorean Story (Don't bother)

I am a professional member of the IMDB, I can look stuff up for you.
As a matter of fact, just for fun search for "videobob".
- VB

Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:01:27 -0700
From: Chris Almy <chris.almy_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring for Door Locks and Headlights - Revisited

Shannon,
As noted, what you want is part of the normal operation of the car's door
locking system. Both the key and inside switch are mechanically linked
together. If you look inside while unlocking the car, you should see the
switch move. If the passenger inside switch operates the driver's side
door, then you have a mechanical issue.

Most likely the locks are out of alignment. This can cause all sorts of
problems. The outside key probably can't move the internal locks enough to
engage the switch that operates the electronics. Check the following link
for directions on aligning the locks:
http://www.dmcnews.com/bulletins/ST-10-8.81.html

Another method that I did on both my doors was to remove the front lock
link. With only one of the latches locking, you don't have to worry about
alignment. You can see it in the diagram on the last page of the link above.

As mentioned in the past, the stock electric door locks are very
unreliable. It would be best to either rebuild the lock controller or
upgrade it. Also replacing the solenoids with actuators would also be a
wise idea. If you can't do either, just disconnect the lock controller. The
locks will still work, but the they won't be synchronized with each other.

When I first got my D, it locked me in several times. After fixing the
nonaligned locks, a dead solenoid and faulty lock controller, my locks work
perfectly. Needless to say, I have no faith in the stock system.

Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 00:01:32 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Re: LED "Kits" 50% Cheaper!

I'd like to extend my thanks as well for making this information
public, and also thanks again for helping me find such a cool little
starter for my car (the 1991 eagle premier one).

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "sgskbm" <SGSKBM_at_dml_a...> wrote:

> Steve,
>
> You are really a great guy for taking the time to put all of the
> information together.  I have had a Delorean for a number of years
> and, while I do not post to the board very often, I am
appreciative

Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 02:40:03 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

Good points, Chris.  Let me point out that if you do remove the
front lock link, DO NOT THROW IT AWAY if you EVER plan on possibly
upgrading to door lock actuators.  The actuator installation
REQUIRES this bar to be there, even if it's not physically connected
to the frontal door lock.

Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:58:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Factory Lowering Kit

Hello All,

I have had the Eibach springs on my car about 5 weeks
now.  The car not only handles better, but I think it
looks better too.  My car was the first car to have
Eibach Springs installed by DeLorean Motor Center.
Dan Botkin drove my car and really liked the feel of
the springs as well.

-Chris

Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 02:57:47 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Slam/RPM Shifting, Part Deux

Sussex Avenue, between Morristown and Dover. I was promised a truck
that could tow an AMC (purchased both as a package deal). Truck is
actually in very good condition, save for what I suspect is a piston
tangled up in the internal spring of the clutch master cylinder --
pedal is dead to the floor and fluid can not pass from the reservior
to the slave bleeder screw. Previous owner has been mashing ever
living mess out of the thing to trigger the starter safety switch
rather than replace it. Guess my tow finished what he started.

AMC and the tow dolly were quickly jetisoned in a residential
neighborhood. Was having very good success driving the truck until I
missed 2nd gear after a stoplight before a steep hill. It very quickly
coasted to a stop before I had a chance to try 1st. As stated, the
hill was too steep to start on again until I turned around.

Slam shifting is a perfectly valid emergency technique. Everyone who
owns vintage straight drive vehicles will either learn to do it at
some point, or pay for a tow. In fact I've gotten in the regular habit
of slipping all my cars out of gear sans clutch as I slow down for
stop signs and lights. Do not regularly slam shift into gear because
it's more difficult to match RPM's on the way back up, but I do
practice from time to time to stay fresh. BTW: my part of North
Carolina is very flat.

Nothing is going to explode or disintegrate if you match engine and
transmission RPM's. In fact, they will be the smoothest shifts you've
ever made -- much smoother than rev'ing a thousand RPM's or more past
the progressive shift point and relying on clutch disc springs to
cushion the shock. Linkage will slip in and out so effortlessly that
you can literally flip it with your fingertips.

Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:03:11 EDT
From: mfdpa_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Car will not start

Hi,

I have a 1983 Delorean. I do not drive it a lot about every 3 months.  It has
never failed to start. Recently I have had to keep it outside for several
months. When I try to start it I hear an electrical pump type noise which I
assume is the fuel pump. The engine cranks briskly but will not start.The only
other thing I have noted is that the Fuel guage is pinned at full mark(which it
 has never done before and I know tha tank is not full).

I would appreciate any suggestions as to what might be the cause or how to
proceed diagnostically.

Thanks,

Michael Doherty

Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 02:16:18 -0000
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Faulty gauges again..

Hey all again my volt gauge is still not working right i checked the number five
fuse and it is clean.. also i dont think the temp gauge is functioning right
either... whenever i step on the brake pedal they both jump a little.. also the
rpm gauge does it to... any other suggestions??? I can only think it might be
the ground wires on the front frame... Thanks. Dave.. Oh yeah if i lock and
unlock doors the rpm gauged jumps for a second also..

Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:43:42 -0400
From: "Jason Sisto" <wizard_at_dml_tdgllc.com>
Subject: Ebay SCAM!! DMC Owners BEWARE

Fellow DMC Owners BEWARE!!

I purchased struts from http://stores.ebay.com/DYBusiness-Shop off e-bay.  The sellers Deric & Levin Yu claimed they were original DeLorean struts and when I recieved them, although they had the DMC logo on them, only opened 3/4 of the way.  Come to find out, they are some how associated with www.nvoconcepts.com.  BEWARE OF THEM TOO!!  Upon calling and e-mailing the sellers, they claimed that not opening all the way was typical.  All DMC owners know this is not true!!  They agreed to exchange them and I sent them back.  It is three months later and I still do not have the struts nor money.  They do not return e-mails or calls.  I have contacted Ebay and the local authorities but do not know what will happen as I am in New England and they are in CA.

The point is...STICK TOGETHER and only buy from known DMC owners and/or resellers like PJ Grady, DeLorean One, Specialty Auto, DMC Houston, NWParts, etc.

Sad "scamed" DMC Owner!!  :(

Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 15:33:13 -0000
From: "ferdaniraphael" <raf40_at_dml_wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Low-vin door problem

Hi
I have a problem with the driver door on my low-vin (#706). Every
time outside temperature drops under 15C ( 60F), it seems like the
stainless moves slightly and the door twists so that I have an ajar
at the rear : with front latch locked properly, I can't lock the
rear one, even after adjusting the striker pin. The door acts like a
spring and it's hard to push it in place from the outside. No way of
closing it completely from inside; the rear latch only locks at the
first security....
I live in France and hope to explain the problem correctly ;-)
Any suggest to correct this ?
ps: see pics of #706 in the photo section
thanks !!
Raphael, France

Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:00:10 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Wouldn't Start after sitting a week

Hello,
Just wanted to send out a reminder and an FYI for people who may run
into this.  My Delorean sat for a few weeks due to rain and no
time.  Yesterday was a great day so I went to start her up.  It
would turn over, she was getting gas, the relays were clicking, the
coil was good.  Turned out to be the resitor.  I took all the
connections off, scuffed up the ends a bit, shot some contact
cleaner on it and put it back together.  She started up fine.

Hope this helps someone out someday.

Erik Geerdink

Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:36:48 -0000
From: "John Rydholm" <ebondefender_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Question for "Dummies" :)

Hi there, everyone,
Just out of curiosity, has anyone done anything special with the
DeLorean dummy switches beside the window controls? Any kind of
special add-ons or ideas there? I'm pretty sure the dealer option on
my mom's Nissan Maxima had seat warmer controls on her own.
Personally, I always thought it wouldd be cool to put radio/amp
controls there or possibly have cruise control even.

Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 18:44:29 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Injectors dripping

I tried testing my #3 cylinder injector by placing it into a bottle
and cranking the engine.  The injector sprayed fine.  As soon as I
removed the key from the ignition, the injector dripped 3 or 4
times.  Is this OK, or can they be fixed?