From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2307
Date: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 10:19 PM

1. Re: Wiring Diagram
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: Grid-lines over Taillights
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

3. Castrol GT LMA Brake Fluid DOT 4 Where to buy
From: "Charles Major" <charlesmajor_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Fuse Box
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

5. Re: Castrol GT LMA Brake Fluid DOT 4 Where to buy
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

6. Re: Castrol GT LMA Brake Fluid DOT 4 Where to buy
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

7. Re: Castrol GT LMA Brake Fluid DOT 4 Where to buy
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

8. Re: Castrol GT LMA Brake Fluid DOT 4 Where to buy
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

9. Re: Castrol GT LMA Brake Fluid DOT 4 Where to buy
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:19:17 EST
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Wiring Diagram

Elvis is correct!  190 is the otterstat / electric thermostat that turns on
the cooling fans.  I was looking at 109.

Dē & 6530

Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 14:27:58 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Grid-lines over Taillights

You are correct in that the black lines are fused into the lenses.
The taillights were made in a four-casting process in the same die.
Which is also the reason you can't separate them unless you use a
Dremel.

If you can, post some pics of the missing black lines.  I suspect
some kind of P.O. mod or aftermarket lenses such as that from a Lotus.

Johnny
5518

Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 18:09:03 +0000
From: "Charles Major" <charlesmajor_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Castrol GT LMA Brake Fluid DOT 4 Where to buy

I cant find Castrol GT LMA Brake Fluid DOT 4
Any other fluids work.

Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 20:51:22 +0100
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>
Subject: Fuse Box

Ok, now I had to install an extra fuse holder, too after
my high beams quit today.

I should have replaced those contacts earlier but I just
forgot to organize some that would fit.

Now I really would like to replace all fuses / the complete
fuse box. Does somebody have a good replacement for it ?
Or should I go with DMCH's new original fuse boxes ?

Has somebody installed that one ? How are the contacts ?
Are those better ones than original ?

I had some here that had somekind of double spring or double contact simply
to put more force on the fuse terminals.

Any experience ?

Elvis & 6548

Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 20:18:51 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Castrol GT LMA Brake Fluid DOT 4 Where to buy

It seems to be a regional issue - my local non-name auto parts store
carries it, as well as Pep Boys. A whole quart is $5-7 depending on
the store.

Castrol LMA is generally accepted as most-compatible with the natural
rubber used in the Girling Delorean parts. I've seen everything
including the $1 K-mart stuff used, it will all work initially, the
theory is that the cheaper stuff will deteriorate the rubber in the
hydraulic parts faster. I can't claim to prove it since I have not
seen first-hand tests.

The other experience I have is with DOT-5 Silicone - the only
advantage to it is that it does not remove the epoxy when the it
leaks. Disadvantages are that it is slightly more compressible than
the regular stuff (avoid using it in the clutch!) and that moisture
will collect in blobs rather than being absorbed into the fluid
itself so the danger of corrosion is still there, and maybe worse.
It's generally not recommended but people use it and it sort of
works. And its really a pain in the neck to clean up. Think really
thick tire dressing.

I don't know why you couldn't use ATE brand DOT4 - that is OEM on BMW
and they use many similar Girling hydraulic parts. About twice the
price of the Castrol, available from German aftermarket places such
as Bavarian Auto Parts or BMP Design. Neat thing is that it comes in
several colors so you can tell when you are through bleeding it.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Charles Major" <charlesmajor_at_dml_h...>

Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 21:25:04 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

If you have a BAP Import part store in your area, they have it -
along with MANY Bosch parts including the correct fuel pump.

Johnny
5518

Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 19:37:11 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 11/3/04 2:09:45 PM Central Standard Time,
charlesmajor_at_dml_hotmail.com writes:

> I cant find Castrol GT LMA Brake Fluid DOT 4
> Any other fluids work.

I always buy mine from here:
http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/ProductSelection.asp?Product=3308
Order on monday, it's usually here by thursday.  great site!

Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:37:35 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

Where are you located? Maybe someone in your area can help you find a
place to buy it.

Mark V

Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 22:44:24 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Charles Major" <charlesmajor_at_dml_h...> wrote:

> I cant find Castrol GT LMA Brake Fluid DOT 4
> Any other fluids work.

Yeah, I used Valvoline SynPower in my clutch & brakes, and SynPower
gear oil in my transmission. Fully synthetic and should be just as
good as GTLMA. (I couldn't find the GTLMA, either)