From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2310
Date: Saturday, November 06, 2004 6:13 PM

1. Re: Timing Gear Cover Leaking...Backfiring?
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

2. Re: Texas DeLorean Owners/Enthusiasts
From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Inlet manifold (PCV)
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 04:11:19 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Timing Gear Cover Leaking...Backfiring?

You have to move the whole fuel/air mixture unit out of the way, or
out of the car altogether if you ever want to remove the ignition
distributor.

>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_s...> wrote:
>

> Matt, You don't have to pull the intake.
> John Hervey
>
> [moderator clarification - I believe that he means you only have to
lift the fuel distributor out of the way, not the whole intake--dave]

Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 18:15:24 -0800 (PST)
From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Texas DeLorean Owners/Enthusiasts

Tell me it's next Thursday... that's what I wrote in
my calendar.
And in fact, is what is on the DOT page:
http://www.delorean.com/dot/

See you there! Apparently, I need to RSVP.
-Kevin

Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 04:01:11 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Inlet manifold (PCV)

PCV into the manifold is definitely not optional, otherwise liquid oil
will be sucked backwards into the intake (just like a clogged PCV
valve). If you don't like the cold start tube/calibrated nipple
sticking up you could replace them with a traditional PCV valve into
the back of the intake rails for a cleaner installation (is an unused
1/4" threaded port at the bottom of the driver's rail. Turn the oil
filler cap around). I'm running a PCV valve into my carburetor with
excellent results. Be sure to seal the unused cold start tube port in
the manifold to avoid a major vacuum leak.

Charcoal canister is of course optional.