From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2311
Date: Sunday, November 07, 2004 10:21 PM

From: "Steve" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

From: "dmc4matt" <dmc4matt_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

From: Martin Gutkowski - DMUK Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

8. RE: clutch weird noise
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

9. Re: DMC Door Locks
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: Rage Against the LEDs
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: DeLorean Jackets
From: "Steve" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

12. Original NOS Grey Seat Covers for Sale
From: "Tom Watkins" <dmctom_at_dml_earthlink.net>

13. Re: Re: Batt. warning light : LED or not ?
From: Jan van de Wouw <delorean_at_dml_home.nl>

14. RE: clutch weird noise
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

15. Help..Inaccessible RUST
From: "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick_at_dml_aol.com>

16. RE: DeLorean Jackets
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

17. Re: DeLorean Jackets
From: "Steve" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

18. RE: DeLorean Jackets
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

19. Re: Help..Inaccessible RUST
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

20. Clicking noise behind passenger seat when A/C on
From: "lakelanier20" <derek4567_at_dml_hotmail.com>

21. Re: DeLorean Jackets
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

22. Advice and opinions for a new buyer
From: "leningradmonkey" <leningradmonkey_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 17:26:01 -0000
From: "Steve" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>
Subject: DeLorean Jackets

Looking for a DeLorean jacket. Has anyone seen any for sale? I see
shirts, hats, etc. but no jackets...

Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 01:41:05 -0000
From: "dmc4matt" <dmc4matt_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DMC Door Locks

Hey Guys,

My DeLorean has a slight problem. It is an earier car, and should've
originally had the two-key system with the black door lock cylinders.
Right now, I have an ilco ignition key only that works the ignition
and the driver's door lock, but actually, ANY key from anything will
open the driver's side. The passenger side is a silver cylinder, but
it just has the face and no mechanical works behind it, unfortunatly.
My hope is that someone is either parting out a two-key DeLorean, or
happpens to have a door lock and ignition set. DMC Houston has door
and ignition sets, but only for later cars with the one-key system. I
am keeping my fingers crossed.

Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 01:38:52 -0000
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: clutch weird noise

Hey all i was just out driving my car and noticed when i got home that the
clutch was making this weird kind of rubbing or sucking noise.., almost
sounds likea  vacumn leak.. it does it more so when u push the clutch pedal in
and out.. I have a new slave and master cylinder.. so could it be air in the line
possibly?? the pedal isnt soft or anything and the clutch grabs like it should
and doesnt slip.. I have never replaced the clutch plates though but it doesnt
seem like they need it, it still grabs strong and where it should.. and doesnt
slip in any gears... Any thoughts??? Thanks.. Dave, vin 15275..

Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 07:12:17 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Re: DMC Door Locks

Actually DMC Houston has no lock sets at all.  They don't expect to
have any until at least January from the last time I talked to them.
Get in touch with Bob Miller.  He has a set he'll sell you if you're
interested, including the ignition lock.

Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 12:27:44 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMUK Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

Hi Matt

I am in a similar situation with my #1458 - when it arrived 3 years ago,
the door lock in the driver's door didn't work. I was reluctant to
install later style lock barrels so set about rebuilding the central
lock module to be reliable, and installing remote central locking. It
was a really easy job and it's worked ever since. I have tried
installing replacement black barrels in the driver's door, but those
things are so poorly designed and made that it's very difficult to find
one that still works, let alone being able to rebuild it, and then
there's the problem of the locking ring which never comes off in one piece

Martin

Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 00:05:20 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: DeLorean Jackets

I would suggest going to any local Embroidery shop, and give them a copy of
the "DMC" truetype font (available on my website http://www.bttfstuff.com ) or a simple print out of what you want and have them make it up for you.
The DMC logo in silver thread would look good on a black satin jacket! Some places do leather too! Hey, I never said it would be cheap but nothing is.

I was thinking of having one made for myself. If I ever do I will get a copy of the digittized work and put it on the  website for anyone who wants it.

Hey Espey, maybe you should make up some of these? That way they will be "Officially Licensed"! I would suggest a black satin zipper jacket, with a small "DMC" on the front  breast and a larger one on the back. Just the logo, I am sick of seeing the same picture of the car with the  doors up. If you did a car on the back, I would prefer an angled rear view....best  look if you ask me.

If anyone makes some, "I'll take a XXL.
- Videobob

Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 06:17:15 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: clutch weird noise

Master cylinder is sealed with a rubber disc through which the pedal
linkage passes (held in place by a thin sheet metal cowl). Has a tiny
hole to equalize pressure. You may be hearing air passing through that
hole as the piston moves.

Be sure to lubricate the linkage where it passes through this disc. If
it tears, crap can get into the cylinder and damage your piston seal
from the backside.

Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 10:00:08 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

The noise you are describing is usually associated with a worn throwout or
pilot bearing. Nine times out of ten it is the throwout bearing. Unless the
noise is extremely loud it's probably not something you should be overly
concerned with. Clutch throwout bearings can be noisy for thousands of miles
before they require replacement. Once again if the noise is not excessively
loud now you should just keep an ear out for any worsening of the noise. If
the noise becomes excessively loud you will need to replace the bearing. Of
course this is one of those "while you're in there" situations where it
would be more cost effective to do an entire clutch job while you are
replacing the bearing.

Clutch replacements in any car especially a DeLorean is not a "shade tree
mechanic" job and should be done by a DeLorean experienced mechanic.

DMC Joe

Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 18:39:23 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

 Lockzilla with remote, works everytime all the time
Harry Vin #2696

Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 07:51:47 -0800 (PST)
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Rage Against the LEDs

Christian my experience with LEDs in the AC panel has been the opposite of yours. I bought 4 Ba7 super white inverted bulbs($3.99 each) and 3 Ba7 red inverted bulbs($2.99  each) on line at www.autolumination.com. Click on to "Other automotive LED bulbs". I used the red bulbs for the lock door, defrost and fan fail and the super whites for the other spaces. I am very satisfied with the results. The only difference in the AC panel that I can tell is the absence of heat. If you used the same bulbs as I, maybe the AC panels are somehow different in our cars. Rod 10921

Christian Williams <delorean_at_dml_framezero.com> wrote:

After the latest NCDMC meet to see a midnight screening of Back to the
Future, complete with reserved parking, security detail, and free movie
passes...

http://www.ncdmc.org/Pruneyard04.htm

...I found myself impressed by LED door lights. I thought that they'd be
too pointed and direct, but they looked great. After a post earlier this
week on the source of the LEDs, I purchased the 6 lights for the doors and
a set of lights for behind the AC panel as a couple of my lights had gone
out.

I bought the white ones for the AC panel and I've got to say, they look
terrible. Not even just terrible, but dim and purple. I really can't go on
and on enough about what a waste of time it was to install them. So
please, don't believe the hype - just stick with the bulbs that have
worked for us for 20+ years.

If anybody wants 'em, just send me your address and I'll mail them out.

-Christian

Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 10:47:50 -0500
From: "Steve" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

You are a mindreader..... That is exactly the style jacket I am looking for.
I have the font and will give it a shot.

Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 11:58:16 -0500
From: "Tom Watkins" <dmctom_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: Original NOS Grey Seat Covers for Sale

List,

I have a set of original OEM NOS grey leather seat covers that I bought about a year ago for my car that I am selling.  These have been stored flat and protected and are 100% perfect, soft and supple.   I have decided that I really need to put my funds towards mechanical repairs and not cosmetic   (can you say New CV Joints?...arrrgggg!!)

As we all know DMCH has the reproduction seat covers available,  since I am not a concourse competitor I would like to offer these covers to anyone on the list looking for non-repro concourse original covers.

I am asking $750.00 for the set with the shipping included.    Yeah, it's $150 more than reproduction covers but I that's what I paid for them and I think there may be some of you who are interested in original.  (If you use PayPal there will be 2.9% added for Paypal Fees.)  I will be placing these on ebay if nobody here is interested.

Again, these are in perfect condition.  Drop me a private note with any questions.

Tom Watkins
dmctom_at_dml_earthlink.net
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 19:48:52 +0100
From: Jan van de Wouw <delorean_at_dml_home.nl>
Subject: Re: Re: Batt. warning light : LED or not ?

Hi,

On the subject of the BATT-light; if I look at the
schematic it is supposed to come on when there is a
difference in voltage between the battery and the
alternator. That can be the alternator outputting
more than the Battery can handle (ie a defective
Voltage regulator), or the Battery giving more than
the alternator (most likely, and certainly the
situation at startup).

By using an LED-replacement, you'd cancel out
the former indication since an LED only works
in one direction/polarity...

Certainly not something I'd want after having
seen a blown up battery because of a defective
regulator outputting over 30V!!!

The light DID come on then, but she (it was a female
driver) thought "it would go away by itself"... :-(
BTW this was NOT on a DeLorean, but the
schematic on this part is the same...

JAN van de Wouw

Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000
--------------------------------

Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 13:53:55 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Dave, Sounds like the throw out bearing. That's normally the first thing
that goes.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/clutch-transmission.html

Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 21:59:16 -0000
From: "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Help..Inaccessible RUST

I have a rust problem butit is in a VERY difficult place to get to.
It is inside one of the box sections of the frame that is in
betweenthe front wheels.  In is accessible only through the 1 1/2"
drainage hole underneaththe car.  I rally don't have the funds at the
moment to have the bottom of the frame cut and rewelded.  Is there
anything I can inject into the hole that will disolve the apoxy, then
remove the rust and protect the area.  I konw that there isn't ONE
product that can do this but what r the products that I could use.

Thanks for any help.

Michael Q

Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 16:16:50 -0600
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

Try the DeLorean Owners Association.

http://www.delorean-owners.org/

I have a couple of jackets from them and they are good quality.

It looks like their store will be open again in a few days.

Scott Mueller 002981

Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 18:52:03 -0500
From: "Steve" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

I will watch for the re-opening.. Thanks

Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 16:11:38 -0800
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

>Steve said:
>Looking for a DeLorean jacket. Has anyone seen any for sale?
>I see shirts, hats, etc. but no jackets...

You can buy any jacket you want, and add one of the patches that Pacific
Northwest DeLorean Club (PNDC) sells. They are replicas of the DMC patches
that were supposed to be given to the original purchasers of DeLoreans.
Many of these disappeared quickly, to sales people, etc.

You can order them at http://pndc.org/classifieds.htm

Any profits go to PNDC.

Gary
IN2TIME

Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 23:24:25 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Help..Inaccessible RUST

I ran into the same issue on mine a long time ago. The "right" way to
fix it is to cut the bottom panel off, fix the inside, and weld it
back together. I wasn't very thrilled with that option either. So I
took Grady's advice and cut a 1" hole (with a holesaw) smack in the
middle of the bottom of the panel, and working thru that hole cleaned
it up as best I could and then painted the inside with POR 15 using
small rags, latex gloves, and a coathanger with a blob of cloth on
it. It helps if you remove the lower control arms because then you
can get to it from the ends as well, but as you noted that's a pretty
tough reach.

It sounds like in your case that hole may already be there, but on an
unmodified car the only holes in that section are immediatly above
the area and on either end.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick_at_dml_a...>

Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 01:27:40 -0000
From: "lakelanier20" <derek4567_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Clicking noise behind passenger seat when A/C on

Hello,
I know there have been posts about this before, and I did a search
but could not really find a good answer.
I've had my car for 3 1/2 months, and just prior to that the A/C
system was serviced by DMCH, so I know everthing was ok with it when
I got the car.  Starting about 2-3 weeks ago, whenever the A/C is on,
there is a constant (literally about every 5 seconds) clicking noise
coming from behind the passenger seat.  I can't tell if the cooling
fans are turning on and off with the clicking noise because I can't
hear them while driving, but I do know that at night the headlights
dim slightly whenever the click occurs (not every five seconds, I'd
say more like every 20 to 30 seconds).  The A/C still blows ice cold
as it did 3 months ago.  Can anyone tell me if there is a problem and
how to go about fixing it?  Could it be as simple as a corroded or
dirty contact somewhere?

Thanks a lot,
-Derek L

Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 18:17:44 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

Thats what I did, now i have a DeLorean jacket.

Mark V

Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 02:38:35 -0000
From: "leningradmonkey" <leningradmonkey_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Advice and opinions for a new buyer

Hello all!
I subscribed to this group not all to long ago, I figured I should
be getting in contact with people who discuss the car and know much
about it. Now ive been in the market for  DeLorean myself for about
6 months now. since than a total of 3 have cought my eye, bu sadly
the first 2 escaped me. In any case, I have lucky Number 3 set in my
sights and im thinking of going after this one despite being clear
acorss the country. but before I really decide this id like to get
some feedback from you people.

The DeLorean im after actually was discovered on Ebay Motors. here
is the URL...
ViewItem&category=31830&item=2497593986&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Its a great looking car, and ive been inquiring information on it
over the past week. I do have a few questions to you folks about
some problems ive found with this vehicle. Please tell me of any way
to fix these problems, only 1 is a 'major' problem but I think it
may end up being a easy fix. (BTW, please look at the pictures
yourself and tell me what you think)

the major problem I find with the exterior of the car is that as you
can see yourself, in the 15th picture down from the top, that the
hood of the DMC-12 looks as if its poped up a bit in the upper area
near the windshield. almost as if its not fully latched down. this
is the only DMC-12 that ive seen that has had this problem, is there
a fix to this or a cause to the problem that you can think of?

2 minor paint problems that I can get fixed myself.

oh yes, what would be your opinions about a DeLorean that has never
had any upgrades or work done to the engine, transmission and fuel
systems but reportedly doesnt ahve any problems with any of the 3?
the owners say they dont garage it for too long of time periods and
that they take it out from time to time and it accumlates about 1000
miles a year. Anywase just wondering what to think of that, not too
sure that I want to be using this as my daily driver if im gona have
to send it to DeLorean One shortly after buying it.

Well thank you.
The new member..
~ Josh Tidwell