From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2313
Date: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 9:28 PM

1. Re: Clicking noise behind passenger seat when A/C on
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. Re: Re: Re: Batt. warning light : LED or not ?
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMUK Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

3. Re: Advice and opinions for a new buyer
From: Corey Stup <corey_at_dml_stup.net>

4. New Rear Number Plate Surrounds
From: "jamesrguk" <James_rg_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. Leather Refinishing
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

6. RE: Delorean Handling 2: The Sequal
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

7. Re: "Brightening up" the stainless?
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

8. RE: eBay DeLorean
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

9. RE: Re: Re: Batt. warning light : LED or not ?
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

10. DeLorean Sighting - Howard County, Maryland
From: Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Vin # 4890 for sell.
From: "Jerry Harry" <jlharry_at_dml_mcloudteleco.com>

12. DeLorean Car Show Magazine release vol2 issue1
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:35:45 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Clicking noise behind passenger seat when A/C on

It can be one of 2 things. You may have a circuit breaker popping or
you need to have refrigerent added to the A/C system and find and fix
the leak. Get the relay upgrade kit with the larger circuit breakers.
Install a Fanzilla or something like it, and see if the A/C is cycling
too often. Call DMCH and discuss this with them, you are entitled to,
seeing as they recently serviced the car and would be familiar with it.

Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:38:15 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMUK Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Batt. warning light : LED or not ?

Hi Jan

The LED clusters we sell for the door lights (no relation to Videobob's)
actually have a built-in rectifier. It's worth tracking down a similar
LED for the battery light, if people are really that bothered about
LED's everywhere :-)

I will say that using LEDs in the dash illuminatino look fantastic,
although the dimmer doesn't work.

Martin

Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:44:31 -0500
From: Corey Stup <corey_at_dml_stup.net>
Subject: Re: Advice and opinions for a new buyer

Steve wrote:

>The only thing that scares me a bit is the inconsistent mileage usage.
>According to carfax from 3/31/00 to 5/6/03 the car was only driven 1344
>miles. I would expect allot of dry rot on hoses etc. Or odometer problems.
>The carfax report also shows the vehicle being "Exempt from odometer
>reporting" on 5/10/04.  Nothing else negative from carfax. I bought one of
>those unlimited carfax report deals. Worth the $24

My car has been driven just under 1000 miles since I bought it in '99 -
I just don't have time to enjoy her.  I upgraded all the fuel stuff when
I got it, and its held up fine.  Just care for it, store it indoors, and
turn the fuel over every few months before it has time to "go bad".

My car is for sale, BTW - Stats on DMCnews classifieds.   Someone make
me an offer and take her home today!   #1905, black int, 5sp,
Louisville, KY.

Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:50:01 -0000
From: "jamesrguk" <James_rg_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: New Rear Number Plate Surrounds

Hi all,

A number of people on this list showed an interest, both throught
the list and via private e-mail, in the rear number plate surround I
was having manufactured in aluminium.

Well the 1st prototype has been cast and I have uploaded some
pickies to the photos section under 'Alu licence plate holder' see
what you think.

I am really pleased with the results and at a recent car show had a
great deal of interest, the finished castings are bead blasted and,
when painted, the texture of the finish is very similar to that of
the original.

A mirror like finish can also be achieved by polishing the casting,
very cost effective.

Any comments always welcome.

Should be in stores by xmas :-) well on eBay at least!

James RG

Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:50:14 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Leather Refinishing

In the process of bringing 7138 "back to life" I had to do something
with the leather seats. They were discolored and cracked. I didn't
want to replace them (expensive) so I tried a company called
Leatherique. They sell products to remove old dye and redye the
leather and restore it. They color matched for me leather dye and
carpet dye. It was amazing how well the leather seating surfaces
turned out. The cracks were only in the dye, not the leather. They now
have the color (grey) on file for Deloreans so anyone who needs this
stuff in the future won't have to color match. The also have dye for
the vinyl but I used Plasticote Spray which I think is a better match.
For anyone that wants to "freshen up" their interior or care for their
leather they have a product called "Leather Rejuvenator" that can turn
cardboard hard leather soft and supple. You can find them at
leatherique.com. The stuff is expensive but IMHO it is better than
Lexol which is also pricey. No, I don't get any free product for
pitching them, I just had a good experience with it. BTW this stuff is
good for ANY leather product on any car. They use it on Rolls-Royce,
Bently, Jaguar, and other high-end and exotic cars. On Deloreans the
only leather is the seating surfaces (not the sides or back) the door
pull straps, the steering wheel (not the pad) and on a 5-speed the
gearshift boot.

Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 17:08:54 -0600
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Delorean Handling 2: The Sequal

I don't want to comment on the handling of DeLorean's, but it is always good to rememebr that if it hasn't rained for a long time there's going to be a good film of oil on the road. (Even if you can't see it.) Then along comes a rain and that oil floats right on top of it creating dangerous conditions.

-Joe Kuchan

Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 17:18:52 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: "Brightening up" the stainless?

It is all in the lighting and or camera, notice his interior is even
lighter than yours. I have an old 35mm camera that makes beat up
junkers look mint almost.

Mark V

Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:46:06 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: RE: eBay DeLorean

To all,

I just looked at this car on eBay and noticed it's nor far from my home. If
anyone is seriously interested in purchasing this car I would be available
to conduct a pre-purchase inspection. Interested parties can contact me off
list at
[mailto:dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net]

DMC Joe

Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 22:57:45 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

I will remind the group. You need to use the 161 bulb in the battery light
on the dash. Do not use a LED unless the resistance in the circuit is
modified. It acts like a ballast resistor and needed to keep from burning up
the regulator in the alternators. A diode ( will not ) do the trick. Mine as
well as the Motorola. We will not be responsible for burned out regulators.

From: Martin Gutkowski - DMUK Ltd [mailto:martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk]
Subject: Re: [DML] Re: Re: Batt. warning light : LED or not ?

The LED clusters we sell for the door lights actually have a built-in rectifier. It's worth tracking down a similar LED for the battery light, if people are really that bothered about LED's everywhere :-)

Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 06:14:09 -0800 (PST)
From: Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DeLorean Sighting - Howard County, Maryland

I noticed a Delorean sitting in front of Glenelg
Servive Center on Rt 97 in Maryland this morning.
This is the closest to my house I've ever seen another
D.  Just wondering if the owner is on the list? If so,
shoot me an email/say hi!

=====
Steve

VIN 2650 ("Project Delorean")
www.projectdelorean.com

Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 23:40:51 -0600
From: "Jerry Harry" <jlharry_at_dml_mcloudteleco.com>
Subject: Vin # 4890 for sell.

SunflowerFor Sale
1981 Delorean Vin # 4890 Oct
Dealer painted:  Black
5 speed, Grey interior, lined hood no gas flap.
Most updates, not all.
I have personally installed:
New fuel pump,( John Haveys gas tank pump set up) New fuel gage in the tank.
New fuel & air filter
New fuel distributor, 4 new injectors.
New plugs and Disturber cap.
New seals, water lines & clamps under the intake manifold.
New idle speed motor, moved to the left bulk head..
New CPR, new battery with disconnect switch.
Marty rebuilt the vacuum switch for me, works great.
New tires on front. New speedometer cables and wheel components from JP
Grady.
New door outer rubber seals.
New clove box from DMC Houston..New wiper blades.
Air conditioner idler bearing, serviced unit . It is still R12.
New belt. New TAB from Toby.
All relays are new from John Harvey. Includes the two circuit
breakers.Dropping resistor installed to lower voltage to console display to
prevent heat damage.Fuse 7 is a pigtail to relieve over amperage draw in
this circuit.
Air release adapter kit installed to let air escape from coolant system.
New charcoal filter, new vacuum lines as needed. New vacuum switch for
vacuum advance. Vacuum gage installed on fire wall to reflect vacuum at the
intake manifold.

Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 20:45:19 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: DeLorean Car Show Magazine release vol2 issue1

Volume 2 issue 1 was mailed this week so if you had a subscription it is in
the mail.

We have a real strong European following as we begin Volume 2.    Your
magazines will take a bit longer to get to you but they have been mailed.

We also sent out a renewal form to those of you that did not renew.

The magazine has gotten bigger and the articles this time include the
following:

Obviously we are highlighting the Pigeon Forge show with a feature article
by Bob Gale,
Bob has shared with us a lot of insight into the BTTF trilogy that we are
sure you will find this most interesting. There are a lot of sketches of the
car in the magazine.

We have, as we stated, a look at the Gold cars VIN 4300 and 4301 there will
be a follow up in the next issue.

There is a picture showing 117 DeLorean liscence plates from the show, IT
makes for a nice poster.

PIlot 25 the preproduction car in Northern Ireland

Steve Stankiweicz and his amazing Project DeLorean shared with us what he
has done to his car. He will be one of the technical speakers at the next car
show.

Dan Deutsch (FL) and his quest to Pigeon Forge.

Of course there is an article from show favorite Claudia Wells (Jenifer
Parker) She was so overwhelmed by the DeLorean Community she plans to be a
regular at the show.

A follow up on the journey of the RAFFLE CAR and where it ended up (this  may
surprise you)

We also have articles on the Pittsburg Tech session, Evansville autofest,
The fall foliage tour, and a special photo of Former President Bill Clinton Hob Nobbing with one of our Delorean Owners.

This is our largest magazine ever so if you want to subscribe now go to
_www.deloreancarshow.com_ (http://www.deloreancarshow.com)  and click on  magazine
or store.

thanks for your support

Where are you all going ???

( Pheasant Run June 15-18 Chicago Illinois 2006)