From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2314
Date: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 9:52 PM

1. Re: Vin # 4890 for sell.
From: "Jerry Harry" <jlharry_at_dml_mcloudteleco.com>

2. Re: "Brightening up" the stainless?
From: "outatym2001" <markman660_at_dml_ncplus.net>

3. Articel from dcs magazine wanted!!!
From: "alistairmccann" <alistairmccann_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Is there a market for this?
From: "glassman595" <glassman595_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. RE: Re: Re: Batt. warning light : LED or not ?
From: Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. DeLorean Owners of Texas Meeting - TOMORROW NIGHT!
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 23:27:50 -0600
From: "Jerry Harry" <jlharry_at_dml_mcloudteleco.com>
Subject: Re: Vin # 4890 for sell.

    Sorry about sending before I completed the e-mail, had a power failure
and when it came back up it sent the mail...Who knows why.
     I am asking $15,000.00 for the little car , it runs good and has lots
of fixes on it.  It is tagged, has a green title and is road ready.  Is
there anything to repair, yes. If it was concourse ready it would be a lot
higher.
    If anyone is interested please contact me off list, I will be happy to
answer any question you might have.
    I do have all the books and a large electric print and a few parts that
would go to.
Jerry Harry
11300 Jeffery Rd
Newalla, Oklahoma 74857
405-386-9726
JLHarry_at_dml_mcloudteleco.com

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:10:16 -0000
From: "outatym2001" <markman660_at_dml_ncplus.net>
Subject: Re: "Brightening up" the stainless?

To the DML:

If you need more info on the care and cleaning of stainless steel go
to www.ssina.com
Specialty Steel Industry of North America
On left side click on, INFORMATION HANDBOOKS
Then click, Care and Cleaning of Stainless Steel
This is in a PDF format and you will need to download the free Adobe
Acrobat Reader link provided.

Don't imagine there is any one product that shines 23 year old
stainless steel like new.  Especially if your DeLorean spends a
great deal outdoors.

What you're looking for is to regrain your 304 grade stainless to
brand new like appearance.

Read DML message 23795 written by President of the Pacific Northwest
DeLorean Club, Greg Linstad.

And then read the following written by someone named Lee from the
DML.

Blending Stainless
The correct item is called "Blending Hand Pad" Scotch-Brite
#7446 this pad generally cost $1.79 at any well stocked hardware
store.
If you have any problems finding it you can get information on you
local distributor from 3M Abrasive Systems Division, St. Paul, MN
55144-1000.

You should also get stainless steel cleaner.  There are two brands
generally favored by most DeLorean owners:

1. 3M Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish #34-7032-2354-4.
Commercial Care Division. Product comes in 21 oz spray can.

Or

2. DuBois USA Super Hi-Lite Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish.
Comes in 18 oz spray can
Customer service 1-800-543-4906

To use this stuff:

The blending pads come in 6x9 inch by half inch thick pads.  The
fibers seem very course but are correct.

You will need a blending block, made from any wood.  It should be 5
3/4" x 8 3/4" x 2".  A cut from any 2x6 is perfect.

To use start by spraying either cleaner mentioned above on to the
stainless surface and work in using an old towel or clean cloth, rub
in the same direction as the brush pattern of the panel ONLY! do not
rub cross grain or in circles.  Once you have fully covered the area
to be blended (should be wet with polish) place the blending pad
onto the stainless surface, place the block on top of the pad so
that pad extends evenly on all sides of the blending block, now
pressing against the stainless push the blending pad in the same
direction as the brush pattern, try to keep the stroke in line with
the factory brush pattern.  When you complete the first stroke
completely pick up the pad and block, DO NOT PULL THE PAD BACK THE
WAY IT CAME, AND DO NOT MOVE PAD AGAINST THE GRAIN TO START A RETURN
STROKE! Go back to your starting point place the pad on to the
surface and repeat the process.  As you work you will see a black
build up of cleaner, this is normal, continue working and adding
cleaner as you work.  I suggest no more than half a panel at a
time.  When you have completed a section, stop, wash out the
blending pad with warm soapy water then clear cool water, shake dry
and start next panel.  Use more cleaner to remove the ugly black
streaks that form during blending.  At this point you have a choice
of leaving a very thin film of cleaner on the stainless surface or
having the slightly brighter "Dry" look.  For the
"Dry' look just
wash the DeLorean and then dry it completely.  You can also
"Dry"
blend if you like by doing the blending with out the cleaner.  The
problem with this approach is that dry blending leaves a fine black
powder on the stainless that comes off on everything.  Many DeLorean
users like to use "Windex" window cleaner to keep their
DeLoreans
bright and fingerprint free.

Here is a good way of getting rid of scratches.

The correct "Scotch Brite" to use is #7446 "Blending hand
pad Product ID #61-5001-2322-1."  The pads are 6x9 inches.

The correct way to work out scratches or stains is to get a chunk of
wood 5x8 inches and use it as a backing for the Scotch Brite pad.
To "re-brush" any given area , first spray the area with
"3M Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish" there is only one kind
so you
won't get the wrong one.  Next lay the Scotch Brite down grain,
place the wood block on top of the pad and pressing down drag the
pad threw the desired area and up grain some amount.  Now lift the
pad off the surface and go back to the starting point and repeat.
Follow the original grain.  The surface of the stainless will darken
as you work.  From time to time wipe the area clean with a clean
soft cloth.  Do not at any time rub or wipe cross grain.  Once you
start you will see the unwanted scratches start to fade, just keep
working the area until it matches the rest of the panel.  You may
want to do the whole panel, which if done correctly will take about
4 hours.

I personally have been putting off regraining my naturally stainless
steel skinned DeLorean for four years.  Will do it some day.
But now I know how.

Mark R. Vanyo
VIN 02261
Lic. OUTATYM

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_r...> wrote:

> I've always thought my car was beautiful but the stainless looks
very dull compared to the pictures on the eBay auction. Can anyone

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:44:33 -0000
From: "alistairmccann" <alistairmccann_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Articel from dcs magazine wanted!!!

Hi All

There is an article in the newest issue of dcs magazine about my
car "pilot 25" is there any way that someone with the new issue
could scan the article and email it to me??

It would be nice to have for my records on the history of the car.

Alistair.

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:36:33 -0000
From: "glassman595" <glassman595_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Is there a market for this?

Hello to all you Delorean owners, BTTF fans and replica creators. For
those of you who
don't know who I am, my name is Mark and I own Mark's Custom Kits
Inc. here in Orlando, FL. My company designs and builds both custom
cars and digital instrumentation for automotive applications and has
been doing so for 15 years. The companies main core productline are
the KITT cars from Knight Rider, which can be seen on the company
website markscustomkits.com. My clients have included Universal
Studios, Hollywood custom car builder Jay Orhberg, Profiles in
History auction house in Beverly Hills, as well as private collectors
of film/tv cars.

In any case, I have been approached by some of you BTTF fans about
doing digital instruments for your cars, as well as a digital gauge
set
for your stock Delorean. And while the product has not yet been
produced, I have done a layout and wanted to get a feel from you guys
to see if there would be a market to bring it online. As you can
imagine, designing and fabricating a new product is not cheap, so I
always research something before going forward. This drop-ijn digital
gauge would be a direct replacement for your Deloreans, and would not
require any dash modifications. Just remove factory gauges, drop this
one in and digital is there. When the key is off, you'd see nothing.
Here's what the design looks like:

http://www.markscustomkits.com/Delorean-Gages.jpg

Approx. price for this cluster would be about $ 900.

Feedback would be appreciated on this. If there are other electronic
items that you'd like to get done, then we can do such custom work.
While we specialize in custom fiberglass products, electronic
designwork is also common.
You can contact me via company email; mark_at_dml_markscustomkits.com, or
just post to this thread as I will check back.

Thanks for your time and much luck with your exciting hobby. Look
what
me taking my hobby did; it made a career out of it for me!
_________________
Mark-Mark's Custom Kits Inc.

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 07:45:54 -0800 (PST)
From: Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Re: Batt. warning light : LED or not ?

What type/size resistor should be put in the circuit
if someone wants to use a diode?

Steve

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:54:00 -0600
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: DeLorean Owners of Texas Meeting - TOMORROW NIGHT!

7:00pm Thursday, November 11 at DMC (Texas) - 154023 Eddie Drive, Humble,
Texas 77396

map: http://delorean.com/eddie_map/eddie_map_houston.asp

Light refreshments will be available.

Come meet with the former DOA Chapter 9 as we plan for 2005.

Please RSVP to Jill Bell via email - marketing(at)delorean.com - or call
281/441-2537.

We look forward to seeing you here!

James Espey

------------------------------------