From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2315
Date: Thursday, November 11, 2004 9:35 PM

1. Re: Articel from dcs magazine wanted!!!
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

2. RE: Re: Re: Batt. warning light : LED or not ?
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

3. Re: "Brightening up" the stainless?
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

4. Re: Is there a market for this?
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

5. Re: Articel from dcs magazine wanted!!!
From: ROBLAMROCK_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: Articel from dcs magazine wanted!!!
From: Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:31:36 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Articel from dcs magazine wanted!!!

Why not subscribe to the magazine and have an actual copy of the
article?

Mark V

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:10:37 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Re: Batt. warning light : LED or not ?

If a diode is used in either direction then the light is rendered useless.
What do you want the diode to do. Why put it in.

From: Steve Stankiewicz [mailto:protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com]
Subject: RE: [DML] Re: Re: Batt. warning light : LED or not ?

What type/size resistor should be put in the circuit
if someone wants to use a diode?

Steve

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 03:26:56 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: "Brightening up" the stainless?

This was a pretty through explanation. You can also use sandpaper to
start (80#-120#). Doing it by hand is a long, time-consuming, labor of
love. You should submit this post to dmcnews.com. BTW I have noticed
that immediatly after regraining (or rubbing with the blending pad)
the S/S is a lot shinier. It seems to "dull down" after a couple of
days. One of the reasons that if you do one panel you kind of have to
do the whole car so it all matches. In between taking out scratches I
use Windex or even isopropyl alcohol to remove dust, dirt, and the
inevitable "is that really stainless steel? fingerprints. I find for a
beginner using masking tape to keep the grain straight is helpful. It
is also good to use on the rub moulding and the other areas you don't
want to scratch (like the facias, glass, fiberglass, etc).

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 03:12:10 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Is there a market for this?

Mark,

While your design shows creativity, I would like to recommend some
practical changes to make the display more desireable (for $900).

Volts - add at least one more yellow bar at each end (warning zone)
before the red.  Some type of numeric reference would also help.

Temp - add at least another yellow bar or two at the top end of the
high temp. zone before the red.  Numerics would also help here.

Odometer - why stay with the 5-digit format.  Many Deloreans have
gone over the 100K mark, so why not make it a 6-digit display.

Speedometer - a few numeric reference marks would help avoid some
speeding tickets.  Deloreans can be show cars and daily drivers.

Trip Meter - would need to have the decimal position indicated for
the tenths of a mile digit (just before the far right digit)

Oil Pressure - a few numeric reference marks would help.

Fuel Gauge - a few numeric reference marks would help.

There is a lot of work behind the cosmetics and artwork that would
be needed to make this functional as well as a cosmetic addition
to the Delorean.  If you do decide to move forward with the project
make sure to get advance orders.  Good Luck with the project.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "glassman595" <glassman595_at_dml_y...>

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 03:32:41 EST
From: ROBLAMROCK_at_dml_aol.com

alistairmccann_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

There is  an article in the newest issue of dcs magazine about my
car "pilot 25" is  there any way that someone with the new issue
could scan the article and  email it to me??

Alistair,

I get this magazine.  When my copy arrives I'll do a copy for  you.
You should ask Ken Koncelik for a copy anyway.
See you Saturday at Moira roundabout 10.45am ish.

Robert

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 05:22:15 -0800 (PST)
From: Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Why not buy a subscription?  (Or even just that
issue)Besides being illegal, if everyone just pirated
scanned images of the magazine, there soon wouldn't be
a magazine.  (I'm a little disappointed that the
moderators let such a request through.)