From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2317
Date: Saturday, November 13, 2004 7:16 PM

1. RE: Re: "Brightening up" the stainless?
From: "Jack Singer" <jsinger_at_dml_i-c.net>

2. RE: Valve adjustment?
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

3. Re: 02 Sensor
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

4. The fiberglass prototypes
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. RE: Add your DeLorean site to the Open Directory Project
From: "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand_at_dml_forwardlook.net>

6. Re: Valve adjustment?
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:48:43 -0500
From: "Jack Singer" <jsinger_at_dml_i-c.net>
Subject: RE: Re: "Brightening up" the stainless?

Hit it with a power washer and it looks like it came out of the
showroom.  I have done it now with four different cars.  They all came
out great and it did no damage to anything on the car.

Jack.
10002 & 20069

Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:17:59 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: RE: Valve adjustment?

Matt,

Two questions. How many miles on your engine?
               Why do you want to adjust the valves?

DMC Joe

Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 23:06:41 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: 02 Sensor

You should be able to get it out with an open end wrench if you have
it loosened up. You can also cut the wire off and use a socket wrench.
You do not have to drop the half-shaft but it wouldn't hurt to take
them out and relubricate them anyway.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "delorean3502" <delorean_at_dml_c...> wrote:

> OK, what's the best way to remove an old 02 sensor, I have it loose
enough to turn it with a box end wrench but clearance seems to a
problem

Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 23:52:24 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: The fiberglass prototypes

What ever happened to the fiberglass prototypes? were they all
destroyed? I remember seeing one for sale by a supposed former factory
mechanic in california on ebay about a year ago, it was black bodied.
How much of a weight difference was there? Thanks

Harry Vin #2696

Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:19:55 -0500
From: "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand_at_dml_forwardlook.net>
Subject: RE: Add your DeLorean site to the Open Directory Project

Note of clarification: the -ODP- folks scolded me for adding commercial
vendors to the personal sites section.  The -vendors- didn't scold me.
Sorry about that.  I am working to try and get a DeLorean vendor section
established, and will add the vendor sites to the directory as soon as I
can.

If you have a personal site related to D's, please go to
<http://www.dmoz.org/Recreation/Autos/Makes_and_Models/DeLorean/>
http://www.dmoz.org/Recreation/Autos/Makes_and_Models/DeLorean/ and click
the Suggest URL link to submit your site.  I'll try to get it added as soon
as possible.

-Dave

Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 04:55:46 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Generaly the Delorean valves need very little adjustment even after
many miles. This is not a very good procedure for a novice to learn
on. There is some technique and "feel" required. If you really must do
it you should try to get someone who has some experience at doing it
on any car. The Delorean is really a very simple car to adjust so
anyone that has any experience on any kind of a car will be very
helpful. The order it is done in has no bearing on the adjustment.
Just make sure that the valve you are trying to adjust is not being
opened. The easiest way to be certain of that is to make sure that the
other valve in the cylinder is open, that means the one you are
adjusting is closed. The tappets are adjustable as opposed to some
cars where you must shim the valve caps requiring you to measure,
remove the camshaft, add or remove shims, reinstall the camshaft and
measure again. On Jaguars this could require several removals of the
camshafts! Adjusting the valves on a Delorean is EASY in comparison!
The hardest part is that when you tighten the tappet you change the
clearance so you must compensate for it when you measure, adjust, and
tighen. The best advice is if you don't have any experience at this
procedure you should skip it or have someone help.