From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2324
Date: Friday, November 19, 2004 9:50 PM

1. The DeLorean Owners Directory. Was: 17000 Vins..(filling in the blanks)
From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm_at_dml_csus.edu>

2. Re: Another DMC newbie
From: "Alex" <alex_at_dml_deloreanowners.com>

3. Re: Another DMC newbie
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Another Delorean For Sale
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

5. How do you affix the grill plate?
From: Aaron Crocco <acrocco_at_dml_gmail.com>

6. Re: Another DMC newbie
From: "Alex" <alex_at_dml_deloreanowners.com>

7. Where to find DeLoreans for sale (was Re: Another DMC newbie)
From: "sonnyvr2000" <sonnyvr2000_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Re: Re: Odd starting problem, Help please...
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:30:52 -0800
From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm_at_dml_csus.edu>
Subject: The DeLorean Owners Directory. Was: 17000 Vins..(filling in the blanks)

   Speaking of the DeLorean Owners Directory, I plan to put out an
updated issue in the next few weeks. I'm a bit backed up on the updates,
but if you have any additions or changes please send them now.

Ken Montgomery, Sacramento CA - VIN #10911 'OUTTIME'
http://www.time-traveler.org/delorean/
mailto:kenm_at_dml_csus.edu
President, Northern California DeLorean Motor Club
http://www.ncdmc.org
http://www.dmcnews.com mailto:directory_at_dml_dmcnews.com

Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 03:27:17 -0000
From: "Alex" <alex_at_dml_deloreanowners.com>
Subject: Re: Another DMC newbie

Hi guys! This is my car on Ebay, and I really dont feel that you are
justified in saying the car is worth $5600 because I didnt wash it.
The car has been seen by several professionals, and there is NO rust
on the frame. Very good shape. The car has been taken care of.
Upgrades have been done, and it has come a long ways since I
purchased it.  Any other questions?

Alex

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_y...>
wrote:

> Noah,
> Unless you can go and personally inspect it don't bid on it. I
can't imagine putting anything up for sale without cleaning it.
Doesn't speak well for it's general care. Looks to me like it might
be worth the current bid ($5,600 ?) and that's it.

> Chris
>
> Noah Smith <noahsmith_nc_at_dml_y...> wrote:
>

> > Hi all,
> > I've been lurking the group for about a month now, and I've been
> > looking for a Delorean a bit longer than that. I've read several
> > threads where people asked thoughts about Ebay Deloreans, so I
> > realize that they usually require some work, and that things
never
> > work out perfect from the beginning.
> >
> > That being said, I was wondering if anyone could give me an
opinion
> > on this one, that I was thinking on trying to get. The seller
seems
> > to have a pretty detailed list of both what's already been done
and
> > what else should be done. I don't have car repair experience,
but I
> > am willing to learn, so I think I'd be aiming overall to do as
much
> > of the work myself.
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&rd=1&item=4504983094

Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 05:37:12 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I recognize this car from a previous dmcnews.com ad by the dirty
garage it is setting in, the location in Texas and the condition of
the car. And that horrid steering wheel cover. What alarms me about
this auction is that the seller did not state that the car does not
have an original engine in it, but a replacement PRV deriviant, not
oem Delorean. Something like that should have been stated somewhere
in the auction. That alone even if the car was in great shape would
bother me.

And yes, not cleaning a car before attempting to sell it speaks
badly for the person selling it, I also couldn't fathom selling a
car in a filthy state.

A real "buyer beware" situation here.

Joe OBrien

2524,
16634,
&

Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:46:55 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Another Delorean For Sale

A nearby owner has asked me to help him sell his car. It is an 81
5-speed with a ridged hood (no flap), straight pipes, console clock.
Now for the bad news. Although the motor starts and runs it won't go
into reverse. The LR quater glass is broken but he does have a
replacement (just not installed). The S/S is generally in good shape
with minor damage on the LR quater. Front and rear facias need
repainting. The interior needs a lot of freshing up. No parking brake.
Needs struts all around. Now the really bad news. The frame is VERY
rusty. I can't properly examine it, no access to a lift but the car
has been stored outside for years on dirt, so I figure it needs a lot
of work. Vin # 6477 with 39,753 miles on the clock. The car is in
Rockland County, NY not far from the TZ Bridge. This is not a
drivebale car so figure it has to be flat-beded. Contact me directly
if there is any interest. The owner would like to see $6,000 but I
told him realisticaly it is worth closer to $3,000,-$4,000. The owner
would like to sell it so it doesn't sit another winter, he decided he
will never get to fix up and use the car again so he wants to sell it
to someone that will appreciate it and take care of it. This one will
need a LOT of work.

Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:44:10 -0500
From: Aaron Crocco <acrocco_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: How do you affix the grill plate?

Hey everyone,

  I've just purchased a DMC emblem for my grill off of eBay and I need
to know if there's any specific way this needs to be attached to the
car.  I see it has the three prongs coming out of it but will I need
any clips, nuts, washers, ect?  I know nothing about how to go about
this so any and all information is appreciated.  Thanks everyone!

-Aaron Crocco
VIN 5591
NY Plate:  OUTATYM

Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:12:47 -0000
From: "Alex" <alex_at_dml_deloreanowners.com>

Hey Joe, prove to me its not an original engine. I dont recall you
coming to take a look at it. In fact, I dont recall you even seeing
a closeup of the engine! To my knowledge, this is NOT a variation of
the PRV. I have seen no concrete proof, and thats what I am basing
my descrption on. I even had someone who is very kowledgable tell me
it WAS a OEM engine. And no, not cleaning the car does NOT speak
about me, I am a very clean and honest person. Just dont have any
time, literally, thats why I am selling. I am a bit shocked and the
lack of support from this list. Especially at how quick people are
to badmouth me as a person.

Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:50:35 -0000
From: "sonnyvr2000" <sonnyvr2000_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Where to find DeLoreans for sale (was Re: Another DMC newbie)

Another place to look for DeLoreans for sale is your favorite DeLorean
vendor. They'll usually have the history on the car, and will be able
to tell you the complete story on the car and may be able to assist
you with financing, as well.

DMC (Texas) usually has a couple cars for sale (other than the
completely refurbished, built-to-order cars) at:

http://www.delorean.com/sales.asp

Since March of 2004, we've sold about 15 "used" DeLoreans, the latest
two selling within hours of being made available.

James Espey

------------------------------------
DeLorean Motor Company
Vice President
james_at_dml_delorean.com
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396 USA
tel: 800/872-3621
tel2:281/441-2537
fax: 281/441-2813
http://www.delorean.com
------------------------------------

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_o...> wrote:

(SNIP)

> A better option for most Delorean purchases is the DMC News
> Deloreans For Sale page, where there is 30 - 50 Deloreans for
> sale at any given time and it is still the largest continuous
> source for Deloreans for sale.  Most of the ads on DMC News
> run longer than 7 - 10 days, so you have time to have the car
> inspected, either in person or by another Delorean enthusiast.

(SNIP)

Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:31:08 -0800 (PST)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Odd starting problem, Help please...

Did you have your spark plugs replaced?  Because I
don't understand if you waited 5 hours, it should have
started - unless your spark plugs were beyond repair.
I've flooded my engine, waited 25 seconds, and VROOM I
go.  Could you clarify for me as I would like to add
this to my "DeLorean bible" I've been making.

Jeremiah

--- Joe OBrien <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Problem resolved
>
> After some advice I figured it out, just as a
> resolve to what was
> happening. The engine was basically flooded. I was
> just overly
> caustious not wanting to melt down the fragile fuse
> box by cranking
> it too much. When I messed with the air venturi I
> basically floooded
> it with gas. Then every time I turned the key to try
> to start it
> again, I was basically flooding the plugs more.
> Plugs can't fire
> when it is flooded. So after holding the gas pedal
> to the floor and
> cranking for about 5-8 seconds it fired to life
> again. Just starting
> it with the key wouldn't do it, but using the gas
> pedal when
> cranking did the trick.
>
> All is well again. Hopefully someday this will help
> someone in the
> archives years from now.
>
> Thanks for the advice all.
>
> Joe OBrien