From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2326
Date: Saturday, November 20, 2004 7:55 PM

1. DML Winter Special
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

2. Re: Silver/Mirror Tint
From: "Michael Paine" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>

3. Re: deloreans magazine
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Anti Sway Bar
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

5. Re: Somebody has to have this carpet!!!!!!
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_chawes.demon.co.uk>

6. Aircon - evaporator
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_chawes.demon.co.uk>

7. Re: Grinding noise while warming up.
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

8. Aircon - Dave Swingle / Walter Coe
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_chawes.demon.co.uk>

9. Re: Anti Sway Bar
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: New Interior Design
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: Re: no ign key
From: Lacy <heylacy_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: Aircon - Dave Swingle / Walter Who?
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

13. Re: Re: Anti Sway Bar
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_chawes.demon.co.uk>

14. RE: Aircon - evaporator
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

15. A little wine with your DeLorean?
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

16. RE: Re: Anti Sway Bar
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

17. RE: Re: Another DMC newbie
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

18. Delorean Spare Tire
From: "Jim Hamilton" <hami4511_at_dml_bellsouth.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 16:24:24 -0000
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: DML Winter Special

Group,
A lot of you are going to be working on your car in preparation for
next year. So for orders placed after Thanksgiving and untill the
end of the year I will be giving an additional 5% off the already
low prices we have on the web site.
The discount will not include posted specials like these:
Specials are limited to one per customer.

Bosch spark plugs ( 6 ) HR6DC: $0.99c ea.

02 sensors long wire: $19.95

Belt for the water pump / alt.: $6.50
Need to know if for stock or Special T alt.

Belt for the stock AC compressor: $8.50

Re man water pumps while supply last: $60.00
5 year warranty. Pulleys extra.
I have press on and 4 bolt type also.

Brake Master cylinders, Brand new: $99.95

Stainless Steel brake lines set of 4: $99.95

Clutch master cylinders with new clevis rod: $99.95
Life warranty, the last one you will ever have to buy.

This is just the beginning: More to come.

Please place your order over the web
and prices will be adjusted.

Your Delorean parts source

Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 09:05:17 -0500 EST
From: "Michael Paine" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>
Subject: Re: Silver/Mirror Tint

I have a freidn that is a professional "tint guy" - he does commercials
and movie sets and dealer promo tint jobs.

I was going to do the same thing and he told me that the colored/
patterned tints are made much cheaper then the 3M black tint that I was
getting, I went with the black as I didn't want to redo it later on...
Keep in mind you are doing what most tint stores will refer to as 7
Windows (not counting the windsheild if you do that strip on it.) Since
he is a friend I got a great deal so pricing wasn't the issue - I just
didn't want to do it over. Mind you, Most cars are done in under 5
windows - each door + rear window. Pricing may vary.

Good luck,

Michael
vin#6067

Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:31:39 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: deloreans magazine

James

While I was not overly impressed with the first couple
of copies of DeLoreans, I am pleased to see that it is
an ever improving magazine.  I enjoyed the current
issue.   Yeah, the naysayers will say it is a 100%
advertising piece, but with the  "how to's", that no
longer is the case.

Keep improving.

Dick Ryan

--- James <james_at_dml_usadmc.com> wrote:

> The latest issue was mailed late last week and
> should have hit all the
> US mailboxes by now. International subscribers
> should see it sometime
> next week. This is the issue that covers the new
> interior of the show
> car with all the "in progress" pictures. I'd welcome
> comments from
> anyone who wishes to email or post about it.
>
> James

> team, please address:

> sale see www.dmcnews.com

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com

Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 11:35:54 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Anti Sway Bar

To all,

A customer of our has inquired about installing a rear anti-sway bar Addco
Mfd. http://www.addco.net/products/delorean.shtml. Is anyone familiar with
this product.

Thanks,
DMC Joe

Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:02:14 -0000
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_chawes.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Somebody has to have this carpet!!!!!!

Dave,

>From what I have seen the grey carpet varies quite a bit in the amount of
shag, feel and tone.  This is the same with the interior trim such as the
glove box too.  I have seen 2x low mileage museum DeLorean's with grey
interiors and there was definitely a slight difference in the shade between
the two interiors.  They were definitely original, untouched and kept from
the Sun, so fading was not a factor.

Finding the right shade so that it seamlessly blends with the rest of the
carpet you have might be a challenge.  My car was from Arizona, so the grey
carpet has lighter shades in places and even some blotchiness in the form of
slight orange tinges in places.....  Unless I can re-dye it all the same
grey at some point I will replace it with 21st century high quality shag
carpet which will also be a great sound insulator too (plus a bit of dynamat
here and there..).

Regards

Chris Hawes
vin 5255 the list of things to do keeps getting bigger :)

Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:53:03 -0000
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_chawes.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Aircon - evaporator

My evaporator has more holes than swiss cheese so I also need to replace
this too.

It is a job that I don't want to have to repeat so a used evaporator would
be risky as how long would it last.  Although 23 years for the first one I
would say is pretty good going.

Does anyone know if an UNUSED 23 year old OEM evaporator is just as good as
a new one?  I was wondering as due to the high pressure put on the
components/seals, age is a factor surely?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Chris Hawes

Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:58:06 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Grinding noise while warming up.

Here is a list of areas to look at:
Water pump bearings
Idler pulley bearings
Clutch throw-out bearing
You can use a mechanic's stethescope to narrow it down. You can also
spray lubricant at the suspected bearing and see if that changes the
sound. You can also try running the motor for a short time without the
belts and see if that makes a difference.

Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:48:47 -0000
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_chawes.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Aircon - Dave Swingle / Walter Coe

A little while ago Dave and Walter offered a great deal of expertise in
helping me out with my aircon troubles.  The faultly evaporator was only the
beginning, removing it isn't one of the simpliest jobs.  It is support like
that which makes the whole DeLorean experience pleasurable.

I have been progressing slowly due to other commitments but all in all it is
going very well.

Since the evaporator has died, whilst removing the heater assembly from the
car the 109111 HOUSING,TEMP VALVE piece fractured where the 109109 CLAMP is
attached to.  The clamp holds the heater core in place which is in turn fits
shugly within the housing (109111).  I would rather replace 109111 than try
and glue the clamp moulding back on to it.

I have only just sent out a request to DMCH as the part is 'call for
availabilty'.  Assuming none are available at DMCH, does anyone on the list
have a spare but intact 109111 available, otherwise I will need to dig out
the old glue....

Thanks in advance
Chris Hawes
vin 5255 looking forward to blowing hold and cold soon

Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 19:57:59 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Anti Sway Bar

  The link didnt work Joe but Ive heard that the Addco's were a tough
install and not really as expected. Toby might be working on some
though, Right Toby????????

Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 19:44:27 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: New Interior Design

 Well if you asked, me I think the original interior is the most
beautiful ive ever seen. My interior is all black and I wouldnt have
it any other way, I like the grey too. Looks abit more on the luxury
side. I really like the reltionship the driver has with the car from
within the interior. If anything should have been redesigned though,
my vote would have been for the instrument cluster and not the whole
interior. In all honesty, Houston deserves praise for their efforts,
but I dont think the appeal is all that broad among owners. If DMCH
had designed an overhead console like in the proposed 1984 model I
would be all over it (Hint, Hint)

Harry Vin# 2696

Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 13:16:17 -0800 (PST)
From: Lacy <heylacy_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: no ign key

Thank You, ill probably pick the car up Sun.it needs front frame ext.rust rx. but it only has 3000 mi. its going to be a winter project.  lacy
cruznmd <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com> wrote:

There's usually no need to go to all that trouble.

If you pull the driver's side headliner, the computer code for the
key is usually written in black marker on the bare metal. This was
done at the factory.

Key blanks are readily available, either from DMCH or sometimes from
your local hardware store. I've even seen them sold on Ebay but
they're overpriced. The single-key cars used an ilco x29, the two-
key system cars (earlier VINS) used an ilco x29 and another type
which I forget. (x30 or 33?)

Once you get the blanks, you can go to any locksmith with a cutting
computer system and he'll plug the numbers in and it'll cut a new
key without having to have the original.

Kevin Creason is an owner who's online and monitors the DML cut my
keys for me. If you look him up in the archives he can give you more
detailed information and probably cut keys for you.

Hope this helps,

Rich A.

Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:08:00 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Aircon - Dave Swingle / Walter Who?

I have a couple of those. If you can tell me the trick to getting it out
of the heater case, contact me off-list and we'll work something out. Or I'll just get you the whole case. Cheap.

Dave S  swingle(AT)dmcnews.com

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_c...>

Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:20:29 -0000
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_chawes.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re: Anti Sway Bar

I assume an anti-sway/anti-roll bar helps to limit flexing/body roll.  Isn't
this caused by the high centre of gravity of the engine.  The new 911 has
the same weight distribution as the DeLorean 37/63 but has a flat six
improving the centre of gravity.

Am I right on this?

Chris Hawes

Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 16:19:04 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Aircon - evaporator

Christopher, At one time I had 3 radiators and figured at least one would be
good. But when I put them in the vat and put pressure to them they had leaks
all over them. Moral of the story is, your right 23 years old and getting
older. I have new ones but it may be to far away to ship but they are light.
Delorean Parts Vendor

Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:03:53 -0600
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: A little wine with your DeLorean?

Canvas Wines of Napa Valley, California has partnered with Delorean Motor
Company (Texas) to offer custom-made wines with the DeLorean enthusiast in
mind.

These wines are of the highest quality and delivered directly to your door.
Commemorate Delorean in your home, or give as a gift to others who
appreciate the finer things in life.

http://www.shopcanvas.com/dmcwines.htm

You must be 21 or older to purchase from this site. Canvas Wines are to be
enjoyed responsibly by adults.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
http://www.delorean.com
800/USA-DMC1
281/441-2537
281/441-2813 Fax

---

Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:05:54 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

Thanks for your reply. I rechecked the link and it works OK from my end. The
website is  www.addco.net Addco Manufacturing Company, Inc. -- High
Performance Anti-Sway Bar. Select "DeLorean in their search box to reach
that page.

Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:25:02 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Another DMC newbie

Well, in that case I appologize, I was speaking of when I saw the car over a
year ago before you bought it. To be honest, I was just about to buy the car myself until I ran accross mine which was in mint condition for a little bit more.
Good luck.
- VB

Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 23:38:08 -0000
From: "Jim Hamilton" <hami4511_at_dml_bellsouth.net>
Subject: Delorean Spare Tire

Hello to all.  I have owned my Delorean for over 15 years and have
never had a spare tire.  I have been lucky so far as I have never
needed it, but I would like to get one.  I checked with DMC Houston
and they dont have any.  Can anyone steer me in the right direction
to obtaining one.  Maybe a cross reference to another auto that used
the same spare or the specs on the tire and wheel so that I could
order one.  Any help would be welcome.  Thanks, Jim Hamilton