From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2330
Date: Monday, November 22, 2004 9:30 PM

1. Re: Re: Part # For Tilt Steering adjustment knob/bolt?
From: "Steve" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

2. Re: 17000 Vins..(filling in the blanks)
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

3. Just Replaced My Trip-Reset Shaft
From: "p12c16" <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

4. Re: Cannonball / One Lap of America 2005/2006
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

5. Re: Automatic Trans Isn't Auto-anything
From: chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com

6. Re: DMC 24 image
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

7. RE: Automatic Trans Isn't Auto-anything
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

8. Re: Automatic Trans Isn't Auto-anything
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:52:35 -0500
From: "Steve" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Part # For Tilt Steering adjustment knob/bolt?

The plastic is just chewed up from pliers being used to tighten it. The car
is so mint that this is the best I could do to find something to repair. It
would be nice to be able to use the tilt wheel.

Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:38:11 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: 17000 Vins..(filling in the blanks)

James and List,

I believe the "adjusting" of door VIN's started as early as the
late 82 production and the 83 production was constantly adjusted.
I just looked under the headliners in an early 82 10xxx series VIN
car and found it to be marked with VIN...7300. (81 stopped at 7199)

I looked at VIN..20103 here in Chicago a number of years ago before
it was sold to its current owner (someone in Canada).  I remember
the seats were out for cover replacement, but I will check my notes
to see if I recorded any 'cave drawings' if the headliners were out.

It would be great to find out more about the "factory intentions"
for all the 82 and 83 series VIN's with a better sample set of data
from each of the series, especially at the low and high ends of the
VIN series, but I'm not sure how to get other owners interested.

Maybe DMCH can offer a discount on headliner "fir trees" during the
Christmas season to encourage owners to look under their headliners.

Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 20:52:23 -0000
From: "p12c16" <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Just Replaced My Trip-Reset Shaft

Well all I just wanted to let you know that DMCH did a fantastic job
in reproducing the once very brittle trip-reset shaft.  I followed
their installation instructions (which were very detailed and helpful)
and I got the shaft installed and the binnacle back in the car in
about 2.5 hours (I made sure to take my time when dismantling the
speedo so as not to scratch the delicate face).  The project was
nowhere near as hard as I had expected it to be, so for those of you
who are toying with the idea, now is a great time to do it.  I was
afraid to test it out for fear of breaking the new shaft, but it
worked like a charm and it feels much more sturdy than the weak
original one.  The hardest part of the project is scrunching under the
steering wheel to access the bolts to remove the binnacle.  After that
its pretty much downhill.

Patrick

Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:02:54 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Cannonball / One Lap of America 2005/2006

Robert, Rich A. and List,

I have discussed the possibility of entering a modified Delorean
with several members of the Delorean Midwest Connection club and
the car may include the DMCH engine setup or a twin turbo option.
Unfortunately, my preparations for the PF show prevented an entry
this year, but there is still plenty of time to get an entry ready
for 2005, and I encourage others to enter the event as well.

I would consider the 2005 event a "trial run" for the 2006 event,
when we can push the Delorean 25th Anniversary aspect of the entry.
The One Lap of America is "legal" time/speed/distance between a
number of selected race tracks throughout the US, with all out race
conditions at each race track venue.  There is an overall winner
and winners for each class.  Delorean qualifies as Vintage in 2006.

I attended the start and the end of the event this year, but I would
rather be a part of the event during the next few upcoming years.

This event and other events will be discussed at the upcoming DMC
club holiday brunch on December 5th, 2004 in the Chicago area.  I
will post additional details if there appears to be enough interest
or contact me off list if would like a more complete list of details.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_c...>

Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:25:21 -0000
From: chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Automatic Trans Isn't Auto-anything

The only gear it has is third? No neutral or reverse?

Chris

Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:32:15 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: DMC 24 image

Jay and List,

After seeing the actual sketches of the DMC 24 or the "Family Car"
in person earlier this month, I can say for certain the computer
generated images in the link below are the Medusa and not the car
that was being considered for production by the Delorean company.

I was extremely fortunate enough to view one of the most awesome
Delorean memorabilia collections in private hands this November
and I hope I can convince the owner of this memorabilia collection
to allow other Delorean enthusiasts to view some of these very rare
items at the DCS Pheasant Run event in the Chicago area in 2006.
Maybe photos of these sketches could be part of the display.

> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Jay Gosciniak" <gotojayjay_at_dml_a...>
wrote:

> > Someone told me that these are what the DMC 24 or the "Family
Car"

Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:15:05 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Dan and Group,
The 5% till the end of the year off also includes the labor and parts to
rebuild or repair the computer governor normally $250.00.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/clutch-transmission.html

Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 01:32:59 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

Fuse number 13 may be bad or not making contact.

Harold McElraft - 3354