From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2341
Date: Monday, November 29, 2004 7:04 PM

1. Re: Video Bob
From: DeLorean5000_at_dml_comcast.net

2. Re: Disappointing DMC Representation
From: "Charlie" <charles_az1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. Re: Disappointing DMC Representation
From: "Steve" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

4. Re: Disappointing DMC Representation
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

5. RE: Disappointing DMC Representation
From: "Jason Sisto" <wizard_at_dml_tdgllc.com>

6. AW: Disappointing DMC Representation
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

7. Re: Video Bob
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. polyurethane
From: "deloreand" <ed_at_dml_dmc-service.nl>

9. Re: Disappointing DMC Representation
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. RE: Disappointing DMC Representation
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

11. Magnet Wire
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

12. A/C compressor
From: nicholden_at_dml_yahoo.com

13. Re: grounds
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

14. RE: A/C compressor
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 03:56:27 +0000
From: DeLorean5000_at_dml_comcast.net
Subject: Re: Video Bob

> I'm done with this.
> I am going to go talk to a wall because it has the same effect.
> - VB

Please be done with it this time!  You said almost the exact same thing 5 messages ago.  Moderator please stick a fork in VB, b/c he is well done.
-DD

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:41:20 -0000
From: "Charlie" <charles_az1_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Disappointing DMC Representation

Over here on the West Coast, the car looks good on the outside minus
a toasted inside - but a couple months ago the car broke down while
on a short drive in Burbank, and sat at a local gas station at night
and in the USH transportation lot for repair for a long while.  I'm
not a full expert on repair but I wouldn't mind driving 6 hours just
to help make these cars picture perfect if a group where to donate
their time and skills.  Im not sure if the D.O.A. or DMC Center has
been contacted..  But of course USH probably don't care because it's
just a display car to them.

CG

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_s...> wrote:
> Jason,
>
> Rumor is that Universal is thinking of getting rid of the BTTF
ride. Attendance is very poor and it is old technology that makes the
ride very rough with poor graphics.

> With poor attendance, they are not financially motivated to update
the ride.  As for the car, there was a person who posted on the DML a
few years ago that he worked for Universal and was trying to get them
to kick in the money to fix the cars.  He said he every got some
money for a turing car.

> The concept of having the D vendors toss in some money is
interesting.  It would seem that in addition, if Universal would let
them advertise something about DeLorean sales and parts 0 this might
happen.  However, again, not much money for universal in this.  Now
if one of the vendors was selling BTTF reproduction Deloreans that
are hot roded.  Who know.?

> Maybe some rich kid would be able to convince his parents to buy
him or her a $250,000  BTTF car!  You never know.

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:32:28 -0500
From: "Steve" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

I was there about a week ago (Orlando) and they have just about phased out
the gift shop. Very little BTTF items. Mostly Nascar etc. Ride attendance
looked about par with the other rides, I waited just as long for BTTF as I
did for The Mummy. The car is an absolute disgrace. It not only looks bad
for the DeLorean but gives their park and unkempt look. The train could use
a bit of TLC too.

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:14:25 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

I would guess that one of the problems will be the issue of liability.
To major corporations that is a whole lot more important than any
small expense to have the cars cleaned up. Of course if one of the
Delorean venders was to offer then it might not be an issue. If DMCH
was to offer then they could use volunteers under their insurance.
Just an idea. The major corporations make venders do their "dirty
work" all the time at the vender's expense so this may be a way to get
it done and DMCH could get a little advertising out of it. This ride
is getting old so it is probably on borrowed time anyway.

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:21:38 -0500
From: "Jason Sisto" <wizard_at_dml_tdgllc.com>

Well, glad to see that other DMC owners feel the same way.  I have been searching for the right contact at Universal and once I get it, will send him/her a letter expressing our (the DMC communities) feelings about the condition and representation of the display (as well as inquire about the future of the display and ride).

Thanks for all the insight!

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:24:44 +0100
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>
Subject: AW: Disappointing DMC Representation

Are you guys talking about Universal LA ?

They had at least two cars there when I went there 2 years ago.
But both in a bad shape. At least one was driven by a guy dressed like Doc.

These cars really needed to be serviced !

en6548

You are correct about the condition of the DeLorean at Universal. Several
years ago the powers at be (a subcontractor) at Universal contacted me on at
least three occasions concerning parts for the display DeLorean. On all my
contacts with them I had mentioned that I would be available to service the
vehicle. Apparently the information fell on deaf ears. This has been an
ongoing situation for many years. Your suggestion of donating services
doesn't work with big time corporate America.

DMC Joe

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:32:19 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

--- Harold McElraft <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com> wrote:

 I'm probably considered an "old timer" (driving a
 DeLorean since they first hit the market)
 - - - - - - - -SNIP

As another old timer - bought my first DeLorean new in
Sept 82.
 - - - - - - - - - - -- --

 but in my experiences, having driven nearly
 200,000 miles in a D
 - - - - - - - - - - - -SNIP

And I have over 175,00 miles bethind the wheel of my
D.
 - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I can say that I have made many life-long friends
 from the ownership family, and continue
 to do ss.
 - - - - - - - - -- -SNIP

I vouch for that.  The DeLorean community is full of
exceptionally nice people.

I love to show my car at car shows and get parked next
to a Porsche or Ferrari and watch the reactions of
those owners when young and old come up and "ooo and
aahhh" over the DeLorean and almost ignore their cars.
 One of my real joys is to have a family come by with
their young boy or girl and watch the smile on the
child's face (and the parents') when I offer to let
the child sit behind the wheel and let Mom or Dad take
their picture.

It seems to me that I have just made another future
owner to keep the marque alive.

The Dream Lives - and, - - I'm happy to Live the
Dream.

Dick Ryan

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:59:39 -0000
From: "deloreand" <ed_at_dml_dmc-service.nl>
Subject: polyurethane

Hi cicil

I have the bushings in polyurethane, incl stainless bush insite.

You can see a photo on my web site.
www.dmc-service.nl

Ed Uding

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:28:04 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

"A couple months ago the car broke down while on a short drive in
Burbank, and sat at a local gas station at night and in the USH
transportation lot for repair for a long while."

Broke down on a short drive in Burbank? Does that mean they actually
drive the BTTF prop cars? I was under the impression that they just
were rotting away in front of the theme parks.

It would benefit the parks to just use some sort of "mock up" fake
Delorean time machine that would be weather resistant. The general
public would not even know the difference. Then they could sell the
real cars off to people to restore and rescue them from rotting away
in theme parks.

How many BTTF rides actually have a REAL Delorean on display in
front of them? As we all know they don't hold up too well to being
exposed to the elements 24/7

Joe OBrien

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:23:11 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

This is a real let down.
I went to the ride in 1997 and it was fantastic.
I have been planning on going back again mainly to ravage the gift shop and
get some photos
but it sounds like I waited too long.
:<

- VB

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:21:34 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Magnet Wire

I was looking at Dave's DIY solenoid rewinding article on dmcnews.com
and I have a question.  Where it says #20 magnet wire, does anyone
know if that means 20 gauge?

Getting ready to do my locks.

Johnny

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:42:47 -0000
From: nicholden_at_dml_yahoo.com
Subject: A/C compressor

Hi, I am about to replace my a/c compressor as the old R12 one is
showing signs of leakage and hasn't been used for 10 years so for
all it's worth i'd just rather replace it. Does anyone know the part
number and brand of an R134a Compressor that suits the existing
brackets etc.... Connections are not a problem as i have just
replaced all the a/c lines and haven't yet had new hose connections
put on, thought i'd wait and match them to a compressor. I am in
Australia so shipping one from a vendor is not always practical if i
can get one local.

Cheers Nick 10927

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:07:33 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Re: grounds

Having some experience with the DeLorean grounds, I can say that
there's been 2 places I've modified the factory wiring.

The first instance is where the ground braid connects from the block
to the frame.  If your motor mounts are rusty, this could be making a
very poor connection.  If this connection gets bad, your starter will
find a ground through the shifter cable and melt the hell out of it to
the point where you cannot shift gears.

It doesn't make sense to me that the starter, the part of the car that
uses the MOST current out of anything else, should be connected from
the block, to the frame, to the battery.  So to make it "better," I
ran a 0-gauge wire directly from the battery to one of the
transmission mount bolts.  This provides a very direct path to ground
for the starter, and eliminates the junction between the battery
ground and the frame, as well as the junction between the said ground
braid and engine block, and leaves you with 1 short wire that's easy
to look after.

The other ground I modified was the alternator ground.  If your upper
alternator mount is rusty, this will also make a very poor connection.
 If you're like me, maybe you powdercoated or painted this bracket to
detail the engine compartment.  It will likely not be making much of a
connection at all.  To fix this, I ran a new 0-gauge ground wire from
the alternator housing to the engine block (could bolt it to the RH
valve cover if you like).  0-gauge may be overkill, but I have an 180
amp alternator, so maybe not.  Plus, it happened to be the only
"thick" wire I had available at the time.

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:16:14 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: A/C compressor

Nick, You can find the compressor on the web site.