From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2343
Date: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 3:28 PM

1. Re: Monster Nation - Rich W.'s Delorean Projects
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

2. Re: Re: Disappointing DMC Representation
From: Parrot Head Radio <jackstiefel_at_dml_gmail.com>

3. Delorean in Minnasota???
From: "ashtonorlan" <ashtonorlan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. RE: Disappointing DMC Representation
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

5. Re: DeLo's In Year 'Round Use
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

6. 1984 Delorean????
From: "Steve" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

7. Re: Monster Nation - Rich W.'s Delorean Projects Hovercraft
From: "Charlie" <charles_az1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. Re: Re: Disappointing DMC Representation
From: "stan davis" <sldav_at_dml_msn.com>

9. Re: 1984 Delorean????
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

10. Re: Car won't go over 1500 RPMs (and radio won't work)
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

11. Re: Re: DeLo's In Year 'Round Use
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

12. RE: 1984 Delorean????
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

13. Re: Re: Disappointing DMC Representation
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

14. Where to find DeLoreans for sale
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. questions about a private email sent to DMC Owners
From: "JSJB100" <jsjb100_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. RE: 1984 Delorean????
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. Fuel Filter WINS- FATALITY
From: "secret_jedi_guy" <secret_jedi_guy_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Re: 1984 Delorean????
From: "secret_jedi_guy" <secret_jedi_guy_at_dml_yahoo.com>

19. Re: Monster Nation - Rich W.'s Delorean Projects Hovercraft
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

20. Re: DeLo's In Year 'Round Use
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

21. Re: 1984 Delorean????
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

22. Re: 1984 Delorean????
From: Scott McMullan <smcmullan_at_dml_gmail.com>

23. Re: 1984 Delorean????
From: "John Rydholm" <ebondefender_at_dml_yahoo.com>

24. Re: DeLo's In Year 'Round Use
From: "John Rydholm" <ebondefender_at_dml_yahoo.com>

25. Re: Fuel Filter WINS- FATALITY
From: "John Rydholm" <ebondefender_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 00:38:49 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Monster Nation - Rich W.'s Delorean Projects

Since Monster Garage and Jesse James was mentioned...this seemed
like a good time to mention my Monster Nation Delorean profile.

Please note the new Monster Nation show on the Discovery Channel
is completely "Jesse James Free"; contains no Jesse James.

I got the final word today my Delorean Projects profile will be
aired during
Episode #28, to premiere on Monday, December 13, 2004 at 6pm Central
Time
and will be repeated early on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at 1am.  By
the way,
I still have not seen the new Monster Nation yet, but I'm hoping for
the best.

The new Monster Nation show is aired on the Discovery Channel, Mon. -
 Fri.
and will start showing repeats of the first 30 episodes after
December 15,
which means that my Delorean Projects profile may be aired again in
February.
Even if the show turns out to be lame, my D projects should still
look cool.

Original Productions films the new Monster Nation as well as Monster
Garage,
Monster House, etc. so I'll have to see how my segment actually gets
edited.

A piece of trivia: the show will be aired exactly five months to the
date that
it was filmed this past summer, on July 13, 2004.  (a very hot,
humid day)

If you want to check out my Delorean Projects and my two Monster
Garage
appearances and projects, go to the following links:

http://www.DeloreanMotorCars.com

http://www.dmcnews.com/events/monstergt40_03/monsterfinal.html

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/monstergarage/pass/weissensel.html

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Holler <thehauntfactory_at_dml_a...> wrote:

> I too viewed the Delorean 'up on posts' at Universal Orlando mid
November. Very sad.

Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:20:58 -0500
From: Parrot Head Radio <jackstiefel_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Disappointing DMC Representation

Sounds like a good group available for this project if it happens.  I
did not get a call today, he might have been busy, or just doesn't
care to call.  I will give him a few days and call him back.

Jack

Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 01:36:05 -0000
From: "ashtonorlan" <ashtonorlan_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Delorean in Minnasota???

Looking for owners in the Twin cities area...if there are any out
there....Say hello...MNDMC group is horrible...Dead and non-
existent...Anyone interested in making a TwincitiesDMC club let me
know...
AshtonOrlan_at_dml_yahoo.com

Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:21:21 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: RE: Disappointing DMC Representation

Marty,

Welcome to the list. I usually limit my comments to technical and servicing
issues but I would like to make a comment on the BTTF ride DeLorean tread.
There is no official word or even credible evidence that Universal is
closing the BTTF Ride. I did some snooping around the web over the weekend
and found this post from a Universal associate:

posted November 24, 2004 07:45 AM
"USF will not be closing BTTF for a long while, however, the current rumor
in the building is that BTTF will be closed in February for refurbishing
(and with all the problems as of late, it needs it) and will send its staff
to work at other attractions for the month."

So lets not start making premature funeral arrangements for the "Back To The
Future Ride".

DMC Joe

Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 04:20:50 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: DeLo's In Year 'Round Use

Brings up a good point however -- not all DeLo's are stored out of
service during the winter months. Louie Golden and I ran into
confusion about this last year in a car cover thread (Message #37146).
People expect Florida and California cars to be in service year
'round, but some of us are also doing so in other parts of the
country, even through ocassional snow. Don't assume that an owner is
parked just because the calendar flips to winter.

Speaking of Louie: even though he's disappeared from the List, he
hasn't disappeared from the planet. Ran into him in Charlotte today.
He's been busy painting his engine blue -- to compliment his new
bright blue vacuum hoses and spark plug wires. Thought I overheard him
planning blue wire loom too. Kids these days...

Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:43:22 -0500
From: "Steve" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>
Subject: 1984 Delorean????

What's wrong with this picture? 1984 Delorean?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4508652681&category=31830

Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 08:50:33 -0000
From: "Charlie" <charles_az1_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Monster Nation - Rich W.'s Delorean Projects Hovercraft

Just FYI the book "Monster Nation" features the episode 29 "Deflated
Dream" has 2 pages and pictures of the Delorean Hovercraft being
smashed.

CG:)

Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 08:48:34 -0500
From: "stan davis" <sldav_at_dml_msn.com>

HI, I HAVE A PERFECT DELORIAN NO. 4866 FOR SALE..10K.....8000 MILES. THE EXTERIOR IS PERFECT. IT NEEDS FUEL SYSTEM OVERHAUL TO RUN.  STAN DAVIS

Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:23:05 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: 1984 Delorean????

Either the year (84) is a typo or it is possible that in the State it
was origionally registered in it was first registered in 1984 so they
called it an 84 when it was sold, titled, and registered. There is no
such thing as a 1984 Delorean. The vin # will tell you EXACTLY  what
it is. This is just another reason that you cannot go by just the
seller's description. You can always e-mail him a question before you
bid so ask him about that.

Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:18:25 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Car won't go over 1500 RPMs (and radio won't work)

Sounds like you got in over your head. You should not have had to
touch the mixture adjustment screw. You probably have a large air
leak, most likely from removing the brass pipe and messing up the "O"
ring. You may also have cross-threaded a spark plug. You could also
have damaged a spark plug wire when you removed them from the plugs or
maybe you didn't get one snapped on right so it is not firing. What
now has to be done (either by you or some else) is to carefully go
over ALL the work you did and find out what was done incorrectly or
what needs to be changed. You did plug the hole over the mixture
screw, right? If you didn't that could be the air leak. More likely
the brass pipe under the mixture unit. You can push the air sensor
plate down and look inside to make sure you got the pipe in.

Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:27:26 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Re: DeLo's In Year 'Round Use

Here are pictures of Louie's car if anybody is interested in it.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/734787

Mark V

Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 10:02:42 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

It is possibile it was sold and tagged in 1984, maybe one of Kapac's?
You never know.
- VB

Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 10:05:47 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

How is the interiror?
Is it a 5 speed or an auto?
Grey or black?

This might be a good donor car for an engine swap, or one of DMCH's engines.
- VB

Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:01:21 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Where to find DeLoreans for sale

( Moderator's note: This subject has been brought up to us for a few days. We delayed posting on the subject to check some of this ourselves. We also wanted to see if there was a way to change Yahoo so previous posts can't be deleated. Unfortunatly we can't change that. )

Strange, Post 46794 is missing from the archives.

Why is it that this message from "sonnyvr2000" is
signed by James Espey?

Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 13:36:17 -0000
From: "JSJB100" <jsjb100_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: questions about a private email sent to DMC Owners

Moderator and members:

First off, let me say that I really enjoy the back and forth on this
board.  Yesterday, I (and I suspect a number of others on this
board) got an email about "Sonnyvr2000".  Now, I'm not absolutely
certain about this email, but I think the point of it was to state
that this person Sonnyvr2000, is posting to the board in some sort
of false manner.

I am writing because I have a real interest (as I'm sure all of us
do) in having this board be a place to exchange ideas, ask
questions, get answers, etc.  I also realize that some vendors use
this board to "advertise" their items, I don't have a problem with
that because as a DMC owner, its my ultimate decision to buy or not
buy an item.

I guess I'm appealing to the moderators and members to use this
board in the way we all would like to use it, let's not snipe at
each other, just a free exchange of ideas and comments. No one makes
any of us join or read these posts (and yes, you all are welcomed to
comment that I am way off base, I'm a big boy, I can take that). I
don't know about you, but when I read some of the posts, I'm
skeptical, especially when answers vary.  I usually default to folks
I know and trust for opinions since I am mechanically challenged.

Just wanted a clarification about this email and to say my piece
about this. Happy Holidays to all!

Joe Bertino
VIN #2957
Outtatym (cause Aaron got NY Outatime, lol)

Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:37:43 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

It might have been sold and tagged in 84, but it was
NOT a KAPAC car with that VIN.

Dick Ryan

http://my.yahoo.com

Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 18:18:46 -0000
From: "secret_jedi_guy" <secret_jedi_guy_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Fuel Filter WINS- FATALITY

Well after about a week of getting underneath the car and fighting
with the sucker, spraying WD and PB Blaster out the wazoo, twisting
tweaking, I finally just broke down and took the sucker down to my
auto shop.  The thing is even though I work some of the stuff loose,
it still took them another good 2 hours to get the thing off, it
turns out that over time the hard line managed to fuse itself inside
the elbow.  The fuel filter has won this round, but I will get it
next time.  BWAH HA HA. >:D

Japheth VIN: 1223

Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 18:14:31 -0000
From: "secret_jedi_guy" <secret_jedi_guy_at_dml_yahoo.com>

You know it was probably just sold and registered in 84, but the
thing that really stood out to me on this ebay ad was the fact that
under options it says it has a sunroof.  A SUNROOF?!  How do explain
that?  Any Delorean owner who is worth his beans would see that
thing as an immediate red flag.  1984 could be a typo, but a
sunroof, that is just to loony for me.

Japheth VIN: 1223

Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 18:46:36 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

Original Productions has a tendancy to change show names as often
as some politicians change their positions on issues.

The Monster Nation book was "on the shelf" way before the new show
was being filmed.  In fact, Original Productions changed the name
of the "Delorean team" show from Backyard Monsters, to American
Monsters, to Monster Nation 1, all within a few months time.

Those who have seen the new Monster Nation series (not me yet) have
stated that it is nothing like Monster Garage, and in most cases,
viewers have said the vehicles on it are cool but the show is lame.
Keep in mind the theme target audience is 8-12 year old boys that
will watch the show with their fathers, older brothers, etc., so
hopefully there should be a little something for everyone.

Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 19:02:33 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

You do not need to live in a "fair weather" state to drive a
Delorean through the winter, you just need the right parts.

I do not think any discussion about "winter use of Deloreans"
would be complete without the mention of Bryan Pearce and his
stainless frame Delorean that is used as a daily driver all
year round in the middle of the "Rust Belt" near Chicago, IL.

I like seeing Bryan's car in the winter, braving the elements
and knowing Bryan is having fun driving it every day.

Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:16:34 -0800 (PST)
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

Funny, I've really seen a lot of goofy ads for DeLorean stuff over the last few days.  --Everything from a DeLorean sunroof to "rare" DeLorean doors.  There's even a guy on Ebay now selling a wrecked DeLorean that he claims equivalent condition models are selling for $28,000 on collector sites.  I'd like to know where this guy is finding those sites, 'cause by those standards my car must be worth at least $50,000!

I had thought about sending questions to those people, but I decided it wasn't worth the time.  After all, I am only one man :-)  I do enjoy reading some of the questions posed by others, though.

I guess if anyone is foolish enough to buy a DeLorean or DeLorean parts without doing their homework first, they deserve what they get, eh?

For me and 1063,
Jake Kamphoefner

Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 12:42:13 -0500
From: Scott McMullan <smcmullan_at_dml_gmail.com>

The VIN indicates it's an 81.  (scedt26t8bd006880)
Anyone looking at this car, be careful; either the seller has been
misled, or is willing to be dishonest in the ebay listing.  Either
way, there are likely plenty of other hidden facts about this car.

The production chronology seems to indicate that there could be some
interesting history with this particular car... assuming the VIN is
accurately reflected in the post.

Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 21:16:52 -0000
From: "John Rydholm" <ebondefender_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Maybe it's a REALLY thin, narrow sunroof in between the strut and
hinge area. You know, like how the windows only open halfway. :)
*snicker chortle*
---John

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "secret_jedi_guy"

Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 21:21:08 -0000
From: "John Rydholm" <ebondefender_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I'd like to use my DeLorean all year round, but being in Michigan,
the snow and salt can really screw around with your car. Besides, I
would HATE to try to buy snow tires for a rear-wheel drive car like
that. I currently have 265's on the back. It also doesn't want to run
right now as someone sorely lacking in the brain department *not me,
worse* overtightened my plugs and I can't get em' out. I'm currently
trying to clean out my grandpa's junky old garage so I can store the
DMC inside. He's got 2 dead Ford trucks in my way. (This is why my
other car is a Dodge! lol)

"Give me a big enough lever and I will remove your sparkplugs!" -
DaVinci the mechanic

Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 21:23:51 -0000
From: "John Rydholm" <ebondefender_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Filter WINS- FATALITY

Flawless victory, eh Japheth? hehehe! I'm curious, what do you use to
get under your DMC? One of those little mini jacks or a small lift?
I'm a thin guy but I cannot fit under my DeLorean for the life of
me...my spark plugs are jammed in myself. >_< wretchedness.
-Johnny