From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2346
Date: Thursday, December 02, 2004 9:32 PM


There are 25 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: just stuff
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>

2. Re: just stuff
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

3. DeLorean Security
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Re: IndiGlo Dash Kit
From: "M. P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>

5. Re: Upgrading the Air Filter?
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

6. Re: Upgrading the Air Filter?
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

7. red brake fluid
From: "mopardmc12" <doug_at_dml_zackerz.com>

8. Re: DeLo's In Year 'Round Use
From: "jakekamp" <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

9. Re: just stuff
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: DeLo's In Year 'Round Use
From: Peter Cameron <cameron_at_dml_bnl.gov>

11. Re: DeLorean Security
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: Upgrading the Air Filter?
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

13. Re: just stuff (Correction)
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

14. Re: Re: DeLo's In Year 'Round Use
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

15. Re: red brake fluid
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

16. Re: Upgrading the Air Filter?
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

17. For Sale
From: "llynn019" <llynn019_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Re: 1984 Delorean????
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

19. Re: Re: DeLo's In Year 'Round Use
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

20. Re: Wisconsin DMC
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

21. Re: Upgrading the Air Filter?
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

22. Re: Upgrading the Air Filter?
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

23. Re: Upgrading the Air Filter?
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

24. Re: DeLo's In Year 'Round Use
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

25. Re: Volvo PRV Oil Weight Spec (10W30)
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>





Message: 1
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:19:24 -0800
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>
Subject: Re: just stuff


Then there is the well known, but un named guy on here who bought a like new
Bricklin to have along with his DeLorean and then found he liked the
Bricklin so much better that he sold the DeLorean!  Wow and double Wow.  He
is reading this I bet, but wont come forward!  ho ho!
    Murray
    Vin: 05962
    Lic:  DMC-XII






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 2
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 08:20:34 -0800 (PST)
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: just stuff


S (or do you have a real name?),
 
If you are using a 5W-30 in a DeLorean, you're nuts!  The original factory publications were asking for 20W-50!  For what it's worth, none of these special products are necessary in a DeLorean.  If you service the car regularly, normal maintenance works just fine.
 
Also, the Bricklin (while I agree is not by any means a spectacular machine) is *not* a kit car.  -And Bricklin couldn't have copied DeLorean considering it was built 7 years earlier, and 3 years before the 1977 DeLorean prototype.  The AMC engines (if I remember correctly) were only in the 1974 Bricklins, while the majority of the cars used rather reliable Ford 351 Cleveland engines.  I'll let a better Bricklin expert chime in if I got that wrong.....
 
Jake in 1063

nitrousgarageworks <nitrousgarageworks_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:

<snip>

 I opted for 
the 5W30 grade, as I found an article in a hotrod magazine, about 
that grade yielding the best increase in horse power. Not alot, but 
HP is HP baby!
I did a little research on the Brickin car too; What a piece of 
crap! A kit car, with a look that tries to copy the DMC cheaply. Plus 
it's AMC powered, and that says enough bad right there. Not even a 
contender for further investigation on my part to be sure.
I also found another nifty product that works: RedLine Racing 
Products makes a product called Water-Wetter, which reduces the drag 
coefficient on radiator coolant, and allows it to flow faster, pick 
up and disperse heat faster. It's about 10 a bottle, and the 
immediate effect I can witness to is: It drops the car's radiator 
temp. by about 20 degrees. And we all know that heat is a car's worst 
enemy, and cause of most wear. 
Well time for me to shut up, and sit back. That's all I have to 
add, hope you fins some of it helpful.
S



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 3
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 17:50:02 -0000
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: DeLorean Security



I am curious and would like to pose this question to the members.

Q: Has youare car ever been broken into or stolen?
Q: Was the motive theft or vandalism?

Now, I am not looking for vandal stories because we all know
about those... what I want to know is if anyone has actually 
broken into the car for the purpose of maybe stealing the radio
or other contents or perhaps the car itself.
How did they do it?
Did they break the small window, the large part of the window?
Pick the lock?
Pry the door?

I would like to see what security measures are best for the car.

Your stories are anticipated.

- Videobob








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 4
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 18:57:22 -0000
From: "M. P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>
Subject: Re: IndiGlo Dash Kit



Indiglo dash kits are still available from the Arizona DeLorean Club!

We are currently revamping the AZ-D website, http://www.az-d.org.  The
indiglo dash kits will be available there as will some other unique
and not so unique goodies, i.e. door adjustment jigs, cold air intake
kits.  Just drop me a line if you are interested or contact Ryan Gould
for more information.

Matthew, AZ-D VeeP
VIN 16816

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_h...> wrote:
> 
> 
> Is anyone here interested in one of those IndiGlo dash kits?
> I am not sure you can even get them anymore, since the website
> is gone now.
> 
> I bought this at Pigeon Forge with the optional 140MPH markings,
> and the optional color changer and dimmer module.
> (These options were extra)
> IT is new and unused and includes the center console piece.
> 
> The reason I decided not to use it is because I am building
> a screen accurate BTTF Time Machine car, and this would not
> fit the replica, I have decided to leave the dash looking stock.
> 
> I just want my money back out of it.
> If anyone wants it the price is $200.00 which includes shipping.
> I take Paypal from confirmed US members,
> and will ship outside the US for an extra $25.00 however I would
> need a money order or western union outside the USA.
> 
> Send me a PM if you are interested.
> Otherwise it goes on eBay.
> 
> If you are intersted in how to turn your DeLorean into a 
> BTTF replica, I am documenting the prop building progress on 
> my website, http://www.bttfstuff.com
> 
> Thanks,
> - Videobob
> VIN#5278








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 5
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 19:39:26 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Upgrading the Air Filter?



I first-hand witnessed a dyno test where the owner swapped between 
stock and the K&N filter. On a turbo car (which you would expect to 
be even more sensitive to this sort of thing) the improvement was in 
the neighborhood of one HP. 

I have never understood how changing the intake/filter could have any 
impact at less than Wide open throttle. At anything less than that, 
the throttle itself is the restriction, and you can vary that. How 
often to you-all drive around with your foot on the floor? 

Dave S

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, mike.griese_at_dml_w... wrote:
> 
> I am always skeptical of these claims because they are never done
> with any kind of rigor.  I'm willing to bet that most every DeLorean
> can benefit from a tuneup - with OEM parts or aftermarket.  Seat
> of the pants evaluations are useless.  I would be willing to believe
> claims if there are documented dyno runs before and after every 
> change, measured against new parts to the original design spec as a 
> baseline.  Anything else is marketing.
> 








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 6
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 19:09:01 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Upgrading the Air Filter?


Hi All

I used my car to experiment with the UK-spec version of the B28 engine, 
changing the dizzy and metering head and re-plumbing the CPR vacuum feed.

Some time ago I fitted a cat bypass to my car and at the time, that gave 
a noticable improvement. I was still outrun on the motorway by a friend 
with a stock catted system.

However, now with the suro-spec upgrade, I can spin the wheels on a dry 
road, although my clutch is now suffering! My "seat of the pants" 
evaluation at the time after fitting the bits involved some expletives!

I still run a stock air filter and box. I just make sure to change the 
filter every 6000 miles.

Martin
#1458

mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net wrote:

>I am always skeptical of these claims because they are never done
>with any kind of rigor.  I'm willing to bet that most every DeLorean
>can benefit from a tuneup - with OEM parts or aftermarket.  Seat
>of the pants evaluations are useless.  I would be willing to believe
>claims if there are documented dyno runs before and after every 
>change, measured against new parts to the original design spec as a 
>baseline.  Anything else is marketing.
>
>Ever notice how those stupid tornado intake infomercials ALWAYS
>do a tuneup and filter change on the car with the installation of the part?  
>
>--
>Mike
>
>  
>






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 7
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 19:46:10 -0000
From: "mopardmc12" <doug_at_dml_zackerz.com>
Subject: red brake fluid




My first, tentative post to the list.  Owned my car for about 16
months now, absolutely love it.

My question is about brake fluid.  Mine is reddish in color, which I
noticed when bleeding it after installing new rotors and pads.  It's
also somewhat "cloudy" looking in the reservior.

The shop manual says, if I remember right, that on initial bleeding
the fluid may look red as this was done at the factory for test purposes.

Could this mean my brake fluid is 22 years old!?  If so, wouldn't the
lines have rusted out somewhere by now?  At any rate, not knowing the
history of the car, it's certainly due for a brake fluid flush.  Just
hoping that there are red brake fluids out there and it might not have
been that neglected.

Also, thanks to all here who post with amazing tips and information. 
I would feel far less confident caring for my car without them.

Doug
#1759 (black, m/t, grooves, flap)








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 8
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 19:48:41 -0000
From: "jakekamp" <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: DeLo's In Year 'Round Use




My car *has* antilock brakes.  It's a kit I put in the car 
called "Jake's foot."  Since then, I've never had a problem in the 
rain.  Maybe it's just me....

:-)

Jake in 1063
(couldn't help m'self)


--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_h...> 
wrote:
> 
> I NOW have the Pilot XGT's on my car,
> I bought them with the insurance money I got from WRECKING my car 
in the 
> rain
> when I was sporting the other cheapo crap that the previous owner 
put on 
> there.
> They had plenty of tread but no grip.
> 
> The thing is, no matter what tires you have the front end does not 
have the 
> weight to
> stop you, the front tires will lock up and you will go sliding.
> I wonder if there is an aftermarket ABS system that can be adapted?
> 








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 9
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:22:59 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: just stuff


Hey, Murray - I don't understand why you won't mention
Les Huckins name - Oops - I slipped up there - and, he
actually bought two Bricklins before he started to
sell his two DeLoreans - his comment to me was that
the DeLorean was a much better/nicer car - but he had
more fun with the Bricklins - to each his own.
Dick Ryan

--- Murray Fisher <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net> wrote:

> 
> 
> Then there is the well known, but un named guy on
> here who bought a like new
> Bricklin to have along with his DeLorean and then
> found he liked the
> Bricklin so much better that he sold the DeLorean! 
> Wow and double Wow.  He
> is reading this I bet, but wont come forward!  ho
> ho!
>     Murray
>     Vin: 05962
>     Lic:  DMC-XII
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> To address comments privately to the moderating
> team, please address:
> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
> 
> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for
> sale see www.dmcnews.com
> 
> To search the archives or view files, log in at
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews 
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
>     dmcnews-unsubscribe_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
> 
>  
> 
> 
> 
> 



		
__________________________________ 
Do you Yahoo!? 
Meet the all-new My Yahoo! - Try it today! 
http://my.yahoo.com 
 






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 10
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:25:11 -0500
From: Peter Cameron <cameron_at_dml_bnl.gov>
Subject: Re: DeLo's In Year 'Round Use


Jake,

"Jake's foot" is something you yourself manufactured? Is it 
commerically available? If so, how much does it cost?

Pete


>My car *has* antilock brakes.  It's a kit I put in the car
>called "Jake's foot."  Since then, I've never had a problem in the
>rain.  Maybe it's just me....
>
>:-)
>
>Jake in 1063
>(couldn't help m'self)
>
>
>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_h...>
>wrote:
>>
>>  I NOW have the Pilot XGT's on my car,
>>  I bought them with the insurance money I got from WRECKING my car
>in the
>>  rain
>>  when I was sporting the other cheapo crap that the previous owner
>put on
>>  there.
>>  They had plenty of tread but no grip.
>>
>>  The thing is, no matter what tires you have the front end does not
>have the
>>  weight to
>>  stop you, the front tires will lock up and you will go sliding.
>>  I wonder if there is an aftermarket ABS system that can be adapted?
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
>moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>
>For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com
>
>To search the archives or view files, log in at 
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 11
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:25:50 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Security


1995 in Lincoln, Nebraska.  In a hotel ramp/garage. 
Broke out the little window to get to the stereo
system. Broke into three cars that night and all three
had CD players.  

Dick Ryan 
VIN 16867

--- Robert Moseley <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com> wrote:

> 
> 
> 
> I am curious and would like to pose this question to
> the members.
> 
> Q: Has youare car ever been broken into or stolen?
> Q: Was the motive theft or vandalism?
> 
> Now, I am not looking for vandal stories because we
> all know
> about those... what I want to know is if anyone has
> actually 
> broken into the car for the purpose of maybe
> stealing the radio
> or other contents or perhaps the car itself.
> How did they do it?
> Did they break the small window, the large part of
> the window?
> Pick the lock?
> Pry the door?
> 
> I would like to see what security measures are best
> for the car.
> 
> Your stories are anticipated.
> 
> - Videobob
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> To address comments privately to the moderating
> team, please address:
> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
> 
> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for
> sale see www.dmcnews.com
> 
> To search the archives or view files, log in at
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews 
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
>     dmcnews-unsubscribe_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
> 
>  
> 
> 
> 
> 



		
__________________________________ 
Do you Yahoo!? 
Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses. 
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 12
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 20:35:44 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Upgrading the Air Filter?


Some maths to ponder

Maximum throughput of air filter is when the engine is at top speed (for 
argument's sake, let's say 6000rpm)
Capacity of engine 2.849 litres
Assuming 100% volumetric efficiency (hah!)
That's 2.849 x 0.5 (in a 4-stroke, each piston only draws air in on ever 
second rotation) = 1.4245 litres per rev
Which multiplied by 100 equals 142.4 litres of air every second. 
(multiply by 6000 and divide by 60)

Someone who knows more about this stuff than me could work out how fast 
this air must be travelling given the size of the air intake tube. I bet 
it's shifting at quite a lick! Part of me also wonders if the air box is 
a specific shape. Certainly Renault fans go to great lengths to retain 
the original air intake venturis on the 25 turbo and alpine engines 
because they're a very specific shape. A properly designed venturi will 
actually increase the volumetric efficiency of an engine.

I'm not trying to make a point here, just musing some figures. I have in 
the past read several articles that point out that the cost of a "free 
flow" K&N air filter would otherwise buy an awful lot of regular 
filters, all of which perform just as well as long as they're replaced 
regularly

Martin

Dave Swingle wrote:

>
>I first-hand witnessed a dyno test where the owner swapped between 
>stock and the K&N filter. On a turbo car (which you would expect to 
>be even more sensitive to this sort of thing) the improvement was in 
>the neighborhood of one HP. 
>
>I have never understood how changing the intake/filter could have any 
>impact at less than Wide open throttle. At anything less than that, 
>the throttle itself is the restriction, and you can vary that. How 
>often to you-all drive around with your foot on the floor? 
>
>Dave S
>
>  
>






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 13
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 13:23:35 -0800 (PST)
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: just stuff (Correction)



Quick note: another DMLer, with uncommon brilliance and cat-like reflexes pointed out my Bricklin mistake.  The car actually had 351 WINDSOR, not Cleveland engines.  My mistake!

Jake Kamphoefner

(The guy I mention is also a fine piano player!)


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 14
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 13:20:09 -0800 (PST)
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Re: DeLo's In Year 'Round Use


 
Well, techinically my parents manufactured it, but I spent my whole life developing it.  I'd be willing to bet that you could save money, and "Pete's foot" would be just as effective.  :-)
 
Jake


Peter Cameron <cameron_at_dml_bnl.gov> wrote:


Jake,

"Jake's foot" is something you yourself manufactured? Is it 
commerically available? If so, how much does it cost?

Pete


>My car *has* antilock brakes. It's a kit I put in the car
>called "Jake's foot." Since then, I've never had a problem in the
>rain. Maybe it's just me....
>
>:-)
>
>Jake in 1063
>(couldn't help m'self)
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 15
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 21:33:11 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: red brake fluid



You are correct about the color from the factory, however, I've not 
seen any red brake fluids before.  That doesn't mean they don't 
exisit.

Definately flush that crap out of there and make sure that when you 
do, the fluid comes out totally clear.

Get the Castrol GTLMA from BAP, Pep Boys or a vendor.

As a newer owner, it sounds like you're on the right track!

Johnny
5518

> 
> 
> 
> My first, tentative post to the list.  Owned my car for about 16
> months now, absolutely love it.
> 
> My question is about brake fluid.  Mine is reddish in color, which I
> noticed when bleeding it after installing new rotors and pads.  It's
> also somewhat "cloudy" looking in the reservior.
> 
> The shop manual says, if I remember right, that on initial bleeding
> the fluid may look red as this was done at the factory for test 
purposes.
> 
> Could this mean my brake fluid is 22 years old!?  If so, wouldn't 
the
> lines have rusted out somewhere by now?  At any rate, not knowing 
the
> history of the car, it's certainly due for a brake fluid flush.  
Just
> hoping that there are red brake fluids out there and it might not 
have
> been that neglected.
> 
> Also, thanks to all here who post with amazing tips and 
information. 
> I would feel far less confident caring for my car without them.
> 
> Doug
> #1759 (black, m/t, grooves, flap)








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 16
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 21:56:41 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Upgrading the Air Filter?



I always laugh at those infomercials as well. What's funny is shortly
after my father retired back in the mid 90's, he got bored, and
somehow found work as an extra in allot of those infomercials. They
never claim anyone is an expert, but will always put people into
costumes, to try and convince the studio audience that their products
are actually used by mechanics, or chefs, etc...

The only improvements that I've ever seen to my car have been
replacement of worn components, and tweaking of the fuel mix, &
ignition timing. Other than that, the only improvement by an
aftermarket part has been an MSD coil (engine pulls more _at_dml_ higher
RPMs) & a center force clutch (grabs quicker, and slips less on hills).

As for the airbox, removing the warm air mixture unit, and running the
hose directly into the pontoon has most certainly given me better
throttle response. If my car has had any HP gains, I've not noticed
them. But I certainly have noticed the increased throttle response,
and how the motor will rev up quicker

As for K&N filers, I personally don't use them, nor would I reccomend
them. The filers don't really work until their somewhat dirty. You
need dirt to cling to the oil-soaked fibres. And then, you have to
wait for the oil to wick thru that dirt, so that the oil will grab the
next dirt particle. And so this goes on, until the filer is full. In
the mean time, any kind of silt, or dust that is able to squeeze
between the wide gaps, will get sucked right into the engine. If
you're running dragster that is only going to run for a few minutes at
a time, then it makes sense to use a K&N filer. Or in some cases, no
filter at all.

Paper filters have a better advantage. For a long-term vehicle, you
might sacrifice a slight bit of throttle response. Or perhaps even 1-2
HP. Which is no sacrifice at all, if you consider you're running
stock. For any vehicle, I'd rather have a larger intake, with a filter
that has more surface area, than a high-flow, oil filter.

Plus I'm lazy. I'd rather throw away an old paper filter, than screw
around with cleaning a rechargable one.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"



--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, mike.griese_at_dml_w... wrote:
> 
> I am always skeptical of these claims because they are never done
> with any kind of rigor.  I'm willing to bet that most every DeLorean
> can benefit from a tuneup - with OEM parts or aftermarket.  Seat
> of the pants evaluations are useless.  I would be willing to believe
> claims if there are documented dyno runs before and after every 
> change, measured against new parts to the original design spec as a 
> baseline.  Anything else is marketing.
> 
> Ever notice how those stupid tornado intake infomercials ALWAYS
> do a tuneup and filter change on the car with the installation of
the part?  
> 
> --
> Mike








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 17
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 22:56:00 -0000
From: "llynn019" <llynn019_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: For Sale



Greetings list... 

I need my garage back as well as my sanity - so at rock bottom prices:

-Black Leather fanny pack with DeLorean and side outline of car in 
silver on the front - $2.00 
-Denim colored 100% cotton T-shirt with raised Delorean on the front -
 $4.00  (3 Small, 3 Med, 2 XL and 2 XXL)
-Long sleeved denim shirt with raised DeLorean on the back - $5.00 (2 
Med, 6 Lg, 5 XL, 2 XXL)
-Black satchel, black denim with leather flap and raised Delorean - 
$3.00
-Blue all denim satchel with raised Delorean on flap - $3.00
-Black denim tote bag with raised Delorean on front - $2.00
-Delorean Polo shirt with black and white check collar and stitched 
car on front breast area - $2.00 (1 Small, 2 Med, 16 L, 18 XL)

Shipping dependant on location and items purchased. Please contact me 
directly at llynn019_at_dml_yahoo.com.  And check out ebay seller id: 
llynn0019 for other items.

Also Vin #1141 - $22,000  (If you knew Hank and Mimi Breer, this was 
their car)  1981, black interior/gray carpet, approx 70,600 miles.  
Last spring had a major restoration done by Delorean One (if you want 
details email me directly). Includes: luggage rack, car cover, 2 new 
leather straps, "M" stainless insert, fuse box & fuses, exterior door 
handle assy, 2 strange looking L brackets, interior rear view 
mirror.  All work was completed by DeLorean One since Hank's purchase 
in 1994 and all service records are included.  Currently housed in 
Northern California.

Thanks - Lorraine 








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 18
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:32:32 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: 1984 Delorean????


This would make a cool new area on a website, "Funny Ebay Delorean ads 
with ridiculous claims" This would be a blast to read about if someone 
had the time to do a web page dedicated to the subject.

Mark V






On Wednesday, December 1, 2004, at 01:16  PM, Jake Kamphoefner wrote:

>
>
> Funny, I've really seen a lot of goofy ads for DeLorean stuff over the 
> last few days.  --Everything from a DeLorean sunroof to "rare" 
> DeLorean doors.  There's even a guy on Ebay now selling a wrecked 
> DeLorean that he claims equivalent condition models are selling for 
> $28,000 on collector sites.  I'd like to know where this guy is 
> finding those sites, 'cause by those standards my car must be worth at 
> least $50,000!
>
> I had thought about sending questions to those people, but I decided 
> it wasn't worth the time.  After all, I am only one man :-)  I do 
> enjoy reading some of the questions posed by others, though.
>
> I guess if anyone is foolish enough to buy a DeLorean or DeLorean 
> parts without doing their homework first, they deserve what they get, 
> eh?
>
> For me and 1063,
> Jake Kamphoefner
>
>
>
>
> secret_jedi_guy <secret_jedi_guy_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> You know it was probably just sold and registered in 84, but the
> thing that really stood out to me on this ebay ad was the fact that
> under options it says it has a sunroof. A SUNROOF?! How do explain
> that? Any Delorean owner who is worth his beans would see that
> thing as an immediate red flag. 1984 could be a typo, but a
> sunroof, that is just to loony for me.
>
> Japheth VIN: 1223
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>
>
> To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>
> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see 
> www.dmcnews.com
>
> To search the archives or view files, log in at 
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
>






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 19
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:40:00 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Re: DeLo's In Year 'Round Use


Try 5w50 for the cold weather.

Mark V


On Wednesday, December 1, 2004, at 11:35  PM, Videobob Moseley wrote:

>
>
> That is a good point Mark, I need to check to see if my fans are 
> coming on
> all the time or maybe to early.
>
> .....and yet, the "which oil should I use?" question persists.
> According to this months DMCH Catalog AKA "Delorean's Magazine" (at 
> $8.95
> per issue)
> suggests that 20/50 be used in tempatures over 14 degrees.
> I am Texas ya'll, it don't get that cold here in Dallas that often.
>
> I'll just have to deal with it.
> - VB
>
>
>
>
>> From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
>> Reply-To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>> To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>> Subject: Re: [DML] Re: DeLo's In Year 'Round Use
>> Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 19:51:47 -0600
>>
>>
>>
>> Well if it is getting cold where it is almost freezing you should not
>> be using 20/50. Putting a switch on your fans will do nothing for
>> helping your car warm up faster, your car has to be hot first before
>> the fans turn on.
>>
>> Mark V
>>
>>
>> On Wednesday, December 1, 2004, at 07:09  PM, Videobob Moseley wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Living in Texas, it is easy to use the car year round.
>>> However, warming it up takes for ever.
>>> I am considering putting an on/off switch on my fans to help warm it 
>>> up
>>> quicker.
>>> It was really cold this morning, almost freezing...
>>> Yesterday I changed my oil and put in Castroil GTX 20/50, and a 
>>> bottle
>>> of
>>> Lucus.
>>> This morning when I tried to start the car, the engine that normally
>>> pops on
>>> in one turn
>>> spun round and round and wouldn't start.
>>> I let it sit for a second and then let it spin some more and it 
>>> slowly
>>> putterd on.
>>> It was fine after that, but that is the first time I have seen it do
>>> that.
>>>
>>> I drive my car all year round but have learned to avoid wet days.
>>> Since I have about 7 vehicles to choose from I might as well spare 
>>> it.
>>>
>>> After my experience on wet roads with this car, I would avoid icy
>>> situations
>>> at all costs.
>>> So I suppose that if I lived in a snowy area I would just garage the
>>> car for
>>> a few months.
>>> Drive some other kind of dissposable car in the winter, like a Vette.
>>> ;P
>>>
>>> - Videobob
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
>> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>>
>> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see 
>> www.dmcnews.com
>>
>> To search the archives or view files, log in at
>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>
> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see 
> www.dmcnews.com
>
> To search the archives or view files, log in at 
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
>






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 20
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:48:28 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Wisconsin DMC


I didnt get my Delorean till 2003, but i do live in Brookfield, 
Wisconsin.

Mark V


On Wednesday, December 1, 2004, at 11:18  PM, Jay Gosciniak wrote:

>
>
> Back in the 80s, my parents lived in Wisconsin and someone who lived in
> their apartment building owned a Delorean, and the owner gave my dad 
> (John
> Gosciniak) a ride in it. My parents lived in Hartland, Wisconsin which 
> I
> think is near Brookfield. I thought it would be cool to locate this old
> friend of my parents.
>
>
>
>
> - Jay Gosciniak
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>
>
> To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>
> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see 
> www.dmcnews.com
>
> To search the archives or view files, log in at 
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
>






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 21
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:37:21 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Upgrading the Air Filter?


I disagree to some extent, if you remove that very restrictive air 
filter housing with a more free flow unit you will notice a different. 
Hey i Supercharged my 5.0 with stock exhaust and i noticed a difference 
and then i upgraded the headers and exhaust and noticed more of a 
difference. I just added a K+N air filter to my 3.8 Windstar and could 
tell the difference.

Mark V



On Wednesday, December 1, 2004, at 10:33  PM, David Teitelbaum wrote:

>
>
>
> To improve the breathing on the PRV you cannot just do "one side".
> What goes in must also come out. You will not realize much improvement
> unless you also do something to the exhaust system too. While you are
> at it porting and polishing would help, camshafts, larger valves, and
> so on, and so on. The PRV was a very engineered system. This means you
> will not gain very much unless you do many things all at once. The
> whole system was optimized with all the stock parts so there is no
> "magic bullet". Some think a hotter coil will do it. In reality the
> old coil was just tired so ANY new coil would be an improvement. The
> "best bang for the buck" is a complete tune-up with new Bosch parts.
> Then if you want to go further at least you are starting out with a
> properly running baseline of performance. Performance parts can be
> EXPENSIVE and will not give you a whole lot of improvement (unless the
> parts you are replacing were shot to begin with).
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757
>
>
> -- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Mike Polzin" <MPolzin_at_dml_s...> wrote:
>>
>> John,
>> The system that John is selling is not a new thing, I have been
> running one
>> on my car for well over a year. It was initially designed by Casey
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>
> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see 
> www.dmcnews.com
>
> To search the archives or view files, log in at 
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
>






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 22
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 00:43:38 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Upgrading the Air Filter?


But is it a MEASURABLE difference?  And did you replace a clean new 
filter with the K&N, or did you replace a dirty old filter?

--
Mike


-------------- Original message from DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>: -------------- 


> 
> 
> I disagree to some extent, if you remove that very restrictive air 
> filter housing with a more free flow unit you will notice a different. 
> Hey i Supercharged my 5.0 with stock exhaust and i noticed a difference 
> and then i upgraded the headers and exhaust and noticed more of a 
> difference. I just added a K+N air filter to my 3.8 Windstar and could 
> tell the difference. 
> 
> Mark V 
> 

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 23
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 18:56:11 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Upgrading the Air Filter?


I had a brand new air filter in my Windstar when i bought it and 
replaced it with a brand new K+N air filter. Better off the line 
response and 1 to 2 MPG difference so far. I could not tell you how 
much HP i gained by doing this but it probably would be about 5 HP if i 
had to guess. I have installed K+N filters in all of my cars with 
noticeable difference's over the stock CLEAN air filters.


Mark V



On Thursday, December 2, 2004, at 06:43  PM, 
mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net wrote:

>
>
> But is it a MEASURABLE difference?  And did you replace a clean new
> filter with the K&N, or did you replace a dirty old filter?
>
> --
> Mike
>
>
> -------------- Original message from DMCVIN6683 
> <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>: --------------
>
>
>>
>>
>> I disagree to some extent, if you remove that very restrictive air
>> filter housing with a more free flow unit you will notice a different.
>> Hey i Supercharged my 5.0 with stock exhaust and i noticed a 
>> difference
>> and then i upgraded the headers and exhaust and noticed more of a
>> difference. I just added a K+N air filter to my 3.8 Windstar and could
>> tell the difference.
>>
>> Mark V
>>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>
>
> To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>
> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see 
> www.dmcnews.com
>
> To search the archives or view files, log in at 
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
>






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 24
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 01:08:41 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: DeLo's In Year 'Round Use



20w50 is your cold starting problem. Too thick for an easy cold 
start. 5w50 would work better if you feel you have to have 50w but 
that is usually synthetic and much more expensive. BTW why are you 
using 50w?

Harold McElraft - 3354


--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_h...> 
wrote:
> 
> 
> Living in Texas, it is easy to use the car year round.
> However, warming it up takes for ever.
> I am considering putting an on/off switch on my fans to help warm 
it up 
> quicker.
> It was really cold this morning, almost freezing...
> Yesterday I changed my oil and put in Castroil GTX 20/50, and a 
bottle of 
> Lucus.
> This morning when I tried to start the car, the engine that 
normally pops on 
> in one turn
> spun round and round and wouldn't start.
> I let it sit for a second and then let it spin some more and it 
slowly 
> putterd on.
> It was fine after that, but that is the first time I have seen it 
do that.
> 
> I drive my car all year round but have learned to avoid wet days.
> Since I have about 7 vehicles to choose from I might as well spare 
it.
> 
> After my experience on wet roads with this car, I would avoid icy 
situations 
> at all costs.
> So I suppose that if I lived in a snowy area I would just garage 
the car for 
> a few months.
> Drive some other kind of dissposable car in the winter, like a 
Vette. ;P
> 
> - Videobob








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 25
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 01:50:56 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Volvo PRV Oil Weight Spec (10W30)



Original Volvo PRV oil spec was 10W40. They recommended such for a
decade or so.

In late 1984 Volvo issued a Technical Service Bulletin making 10W30
the new recommended oil spec, retroactive to the beginning of PRV usage:

"For gasoline engines from model year 1985, the SAE 10W40 has been
deleted from the oil specification chart. Compared to other
viscosities, approved by Volvo, the SAE 10W40 could produce more
deposits in the engine.

The new specification is also recommended for all earlier models."

TSB #21112: Engine [B28F] - Excessive Camshaft/Rocker Arm Wear

40 weight was gumming up oil passages in the rocker arms (imfamous
"camshaft problem", endemic to B27 *AND* B28).

Bill Robertson
#5939

>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_w...> wrote:
> 
> Try 5w50 for the cold weather.
> 
> Mark V
> 
> 
> On Wednesday, December 1, 2004, at 11:35  PM, Videobob Moseley wrote:
> 
> >
> >
> > That is a good point Mark, I need to check to see if my fans are 
> > coming on
> > all the time or maybe to early.
> >
> > .....and yet, the "which oil should I use?" question persists.
> > According to this months DMCH Catalog AKA "Delorean's Magazine" (at 
> > $8.95
> > per issue)
> > suggests that 20/50 be used in tempatures over 14 degrees.
> > I am Texas ya'll, it don't get that cold here in Dallas that often.
> >
> > I'll just have to deal with it.
> > - VB
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >> From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_w...>
> >> Reply-To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
> >> To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
> >> Subject: Re: [DML] Re: DeLo's In Year 'Round Use
> >> Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 19:51:47 -0600
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> Well if it is getting cold where it is almost freezing you should not
> >> be using 20/50. Putting a switch on your fans will do nothing for
> >> helping your car warm up faster, your car has to be hot first before
> >> the fans turn on.
> >>
> >> Mark V
> >>
> >>
> >> On Wednesday, December 1, 2004, at 07:09  PM, Videobob Moseley wrote:
> >>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> Living in Texas, it is easy to use the car year round.
> >>> However, warming it up takes for ever.
> >>> I am considering putting an on/off switch on my fans to help
warm it 
> >>> up
> >>> quicker.
> >>> It was really cold this morning, almost freezing...
> >>> Yesterday I changed my oil and put in Castroil GTX 20/50, and a 
> >>> bottle
> >>> of
> >>> Lucus.
> >>> This morning when I tried to start the car, the engine that normally
> >>> pops on
> >>> in one turn
> >>> spun round and round and wouldn't start.
> >>> I let it sit for a second and then let it spin some more and it 
> >>> slowly
> >>> putterd on.
> >>> It was fine after that, but that is the first time I have seen it do
> >>> that.
> >>>
> >>> I drive my car all year round but have learned to avoid wet days.
> >>> Since I have about 7 vehicles to choose from I might as well spare 
> >>> it.
> >>>
> >>> After my experience on wet roads with this car, I would avoid icy
> >>> situations
> >>> at all costs.
> >>> So I suppose that if I lived in a snowy area I would just garage the
> >>> car for
> >>> a few months.
> >>> Drive some other kind of dissposable car in the winter, like a
Vette.
> >>> ;P
> >>>
> >>> - Videobob
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
> >> moderators_at_dml_d...
> >>
> >> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see 
> >> www.dmcnews.com
> >>
> >> To search the archives or view files, log in at
> >> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
> >> Yahoo! Groups Links
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
> > moderators_at_dml_d...
> >
> > For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see 
> > www.dmcnews.com
> >
> > To search the archives or view files, log in at 
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------