From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2356
Date: Monday, December 06, 2004 10:39 PM

1. RE: Reliability, handling, and a P.F. story.
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

2. RE: Re: Upgrading the Air Filter
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

3. Re: Florida winter meet?
From: Parrot Head Radio <jackstiefel_at_dml_gmail.com>

4. Re: Re: Spare Tire..
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

5. RE: Reliability, handling, and a P.F. story.
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:17:34 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: RE: Reliability, handling, and a P.F. story.

Hay Jeremiah,

Here 's an interesting contrast of DeLorean driving you might like to hear.
You mentioned driving your DeLorean very carefully and as you said, after
shelling out big bucks, you don't want to take any chances. Now listen to
what I get to do. You may or may not be aware that I have been a DeLorean
technical consultant since 1983. Until a couple of years ago I owned and
operated DeLorean Services here in Atlanta, GA. For the past couple of years
my son Alan has been running the business on a limited basis. I usually work
with him a couple of days a month and get to test drive DeLorean's he is
servicing.

One of our goals is to be certain that we thoroughly test a car before we
return it to its owner. As an example we're just finishing an up-grade
engine conversion for one of our customers to the DeLorean Motor Company's
Stage II high performance enhanced crate motors
http://www.delorean.com/performance.asp#results. Testing involves "peddle to
the metal" acceleration, high speed panic stops, pitch-it-and punch-it
maneuvers and all of the other items that will insure that when the owner
gets his DeLorean back there will be no surprises.

I'm not suggesting that owners drive their DeLorean's this way but if your
DeLorean is up to it, you know what your doing, and you have a traffic free
area..... OH! WHAT FUN!

DMC Joe

Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 19:24:07 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: RE: Re: Upgrading the Air Filter

Dick,

I think the confusion here concerns model year. The Volvo B-28F air filter
box that I was speaking of would be Volvo 260 GLE 1979-1982. I know this for
a fact because I owned a 1980 Volvo 260. For further proof see Engine Bay
Layout photo in the Haynes Volvo 260 Auto Repair Manual. Additionally check
the pictures in the DeLorean Technical Information manual. Pages 183-187 are
actually taken from a Volvo workshop manual. The picture on the bottom of
page 184 clearly shows the air cleaner box. Further proof that this is a
Volvo illustration is the picture on page 186 2nd from the bottom which
indicates the front of car Volvo set up.

DMC Joe

Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:22:24 -0500
From: Parrot Head Radio <jackstiefel_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Florida winter meet?

We can always have another here in Tampa.  Once we all get thru the
holidays I think we can have a pretty good turnout.  My car will not
participate in any repairs lol.  Enough damage was done evil laugh.

Seriously we can have a good ol fashioned hang out session, some
burgers, hot dogs, "D" talk.  We can even watch some dvd's.

--
Jack Stiefel - Tampa, Fl   DMC Vin 03461

Parrot Head Radio http://www.fmtimemachine.com

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -- Adam Savage

Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:21:09 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Spare Tire..

I got it in local tire shop in town called "Forest Tire" and i am sure
you could get a new tire at any Goodyear. Mine came off of a spare tire
that came out of a wrecked new car, it was $25 installed. Technically
it was not a NEW tire since it was mounted on another rim but the tire
was clearly never used.

I believe the tire is a Goodyear they put on my rim. If you can not
find one email me direct and i will see if i can locate another one for
you.

Mark V

Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 03:24:56 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

Joe - that's why I love living in the country.  Lots of wide open
spaces and very little traffic...

-------------- Original message from "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>: --------------

> Hay Jeremiah,
[snip]