From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2358
Date: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 12:37 AM

1. Mountain Home AR DeLorean
From: "Nun Yah" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. RE: Reliability, handling, and a P.F. story.
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Delorean exhaust
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: Re: DeLorean in Mountain Home AR.
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Blue Engine Delorean Pics?
From: "ashtonorlan" <ashtonorlan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: Renault/Peugeot PRV Gaskets
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

7. Re: Delorean exhaust
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 02:23:21 -0000
From: "Nun Yah" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Mountain Home AR DeLorean

Well, it's sold, but not to me. I am still looking. -Josh

Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 17:57:38 -0800 (PST)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Reliability, handling, and a P.F. story.

Hey there DMC Joe,

  I had been wondering what ever happened to your
business.  From word of mouth, you had a good
reputation and really knew your stuff, and being down
here in Florida, it was definitely nice to know how
close you were in comparison to the treks necessary
for NY, TX, or CA.

  I agree with what you're saying; I'm pretty sure
most of the areas I've hit are "ready".  I guess I'm
just so careful not only due to the fear of wrecking,
but I've also had alot of "close calls" because people
driving by are so excited to see the car that they're
not paying attention to the road - and they almost
wreck INTO me, or cause me to take evasive action that
could or could not put me into a wreck.  Don't get me
wrong - if I'm on an open stretch of road and I'm
pretty much solo - I love to floor the car.  But if
I'm in traffic (say...another car less than a 1/4 mile
in front or behind me), I take no chances.  Don't get
me wrong, I'm not someone who's "boxed in" to their
DeLorean and is too nervous to enjoy the speed.  I
love the casual driving; it gives me the chance to
relax and think about my day as I putt putt along =P.
That to me is one of the most fun aspects of owning a
DeLorean, driving like you enjoy it - and I know I do
=)!

Test driving DeLoreans - that would be awesome.  Where
do you test those kind of scenarios?  Do you have a
closed-off stretch of road?

Jeremiah

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 02:52:55 -0000
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean exhaust

Hey there I have a really nice free flow stainless steel exhaust on my car that ii
ordered from a company in England.. its pretty cooll. let me know if u want
more info or just email me at painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com..Dave.--

- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "secret_jedi_guy" <secret_jedi_guy_at_dml_y...>

Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 18:01:02 -0800 (PST)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: DeLorean in Mountain Home AR.

Whoever is looking at buying this one - BE CAREFUL.
This car has been for sale for at least a year now,
and it is bound ot be a minor restoration project.  IF
you know what you're doing and have the patience for
it, go for it.  If you want a ready to driver
DeLorean, this is NOT the one.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 03:37:59 -0000
From: "ashtonorlan" <ashtonorlan_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Blue Engine Delorean Pics?

I am looking for detailed pics, or any for that matter of the blue
painted engine. My engine in and some surrounding area is blue.
Does anyone know where to get cross reference fuel lines
(blue,red,etc)Not stainless or NOS....Thankyou guys (gals)

Ashton

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 03:44:02 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Renault/Peugeot PRV Gaskets

Source of info is a German mechanic I met when picking up my current
engine (he purchased the other one for sale):

Norman Preser
754 Kirkland Circle
Elgin (basically Columbia), SC 29045
(803) 438-6626

He is extremely partial to Renault PRV's. Has owned several Alpines,
including one with the carbureted six pack.

He snapped up a couple of Peugeot branded PRV gasket sets at the same
time as the engines. Explained difference between their head gaskets
and Volvo: 100% soft metal versus a composition material with metal
inserts. He claims to have replaced many failed Volvo head gaskets but
never Renault. Peugeot gaskets he showed me were identical to his
description.

He also described the square O rings. For my part, I am going to
experiment with these bad boys myself (double seal, middle of the page):
http://www.mcmaster.com/ctlg/DisplCtlgPage.asp?reqtyp=catalog&CtlgPgNbr=3229

Not to be particular, but why is every word out of my mouth so
controversial? One of these days I'm going to post something about the
sky being blue just to see if everyone jumps all over me about it
actually being an optical illusion from the atmosphere or some such.

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 04:00:23 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

Mine cost $125. Pics are in #5939's photo album. Is all stainless
except for the mufflers themselves (are "aluminized". No rust yet...)
-- couldn't find stainless mufflers small enough. ID is 1 7/8" per
side. Mates to the stock manifolds with custom flanges made from
stainless pipe nipples & nuts. Guillotine clamps are stainless too.
Needless to say catalytic converters are not included.

I also replaced carbon hardware on the manifold mounting studs with
stainless 7mm nuts and very thick stainless washers. Manifold gaskets
are John Hervey's stainless set.

Should any components need replacement in the future, I have no
intention of fussing with rust & corrosion.