From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2360
Date: Thursday, December 09, 2004 12:34 AM

1. Re: False Ebay listing...
From: Christian Williams <delorean_at_dml_framezero.com>

2. Re: a humble opinion
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

3. Re: The Once and Future Car
From: "Marty Galbreath" <marty_at_dml_mediamergeinc.com>

4. Re: Re: Renault/Peugeot PRV Gaskets
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

5. Re: The Once and Future Car
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

6. Re: Mountain Home AR DeLorean
From: "Nun Yah" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: ANNOUNCING 2005 DELOREAN CALENDAR
From: "gullwingmagazine" <gullwingmagazine_at_dml_juno.com>

8. DeLorean Font / Letter
From: "Jason Sisto" <wizard_at_dml_tdgllc.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 10:56:50 -0800 (PST)
From: Christian Williams <delorean_at_dml_framezero.com>
Subject: Re: False Ebay listing...

I went to the auction expecting to see something that wasn't even close,
but actually, I can't tell that this isn't a DeLorean engine. What gives
it away? What's are the B27 and B28 designations?

-Christian

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:38:58 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: a humble opinion

You miss the point. Of course all cars must obey the same speed limit
but some can get there faster than others! The vicarious thrill of
acceleration cannot be duplicated except with loads of power. Other
than an engine swap the other way (which is more historicaly correct)
would be to add a turbo. Now you are going where the Delorean was
meant to go. Perhaps if you actually HAD a Delorean you might have a
more informed opinion. You would experience first-hand the performance
and handling the car is actually capable of. You might also (if you
drive the automatic) realize the anemic performance the car actually
has. The 5-speed is better but still lacking. You have to look no
further than the efforts DMCH has gone to in order to improve
performance and thereby make the car more desireable. I am sure they
have spent a considerable amount of money in doing it. They would be
motivated by only 1 reason, to make the car more desireable, ie,
saleable. Most buyers do not want a piece of history, they want a car
that will go as fast as it looks!

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 20:05:39 -0000
From: "Marty Galbreath" <marty_at_dml_mediamergeinc.com>
Subject: Re: The Once and Future Car

I had nearly the same experience recently...in a crunch I sold 2328
to a really great guy in TN after doing extensive renovation to it..
A year passes, I get the bug again. My neighbor finds one in FL that
needs TLC - low miles but left outside for several years. Anyway,
one week to the day after getting 3765 trailered to my house in
Birmingham, I got an email from the fellow who bought 2328 saying he
was considering selling it and offering me first chance. Although it
would have cost twice as much as I bought 3765 for, it needed
nothing. I would hve jumped at it. But now I have 3765 all apart in
my basement and getting a lot of joy from "toothbrushing" it and
upgrading everything.

If 2328 shows up anywhere for sale, I would be happy to answer any
questions a prospective buyer might have about it.

Best regards,

Marty Galbreath
3765

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Michael C. Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_g...>
wrote:

> I have found myself in an interesting, though hopefully not
> unpleasant, position and am interested in seeing if this has
happened
> to anyone else on the list.
>
> The situation: I owned my DeLorean for about 4 years, and sold it
> about 4 years ago (my how the time flies), the interesting thing
is I
> am now buying my car back from the guy who I sold it to 4 years
ago.
> (pretty much eliminates my ability to bitch about the previous
owner,
> seeing as at some point it was me).

snip

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:50:08 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re: Renault/Peugeot PRV Gaskets

A quick and hopefully polite answer would be that you accept as gospel
the first thing you hear then repeat it without any kind of disclaimer.
Your friend who says the head gaskets are different is welcome to order
through me (www.delorean.co.uk) and I will gladly supply both Renualt
and Volvo sets - unsurprisingly we play the two off against each other
for price/availability of parts this side of the pond. I can even go to
Peugeot if you like. FWIW I bought four complete engine gasket sets
being sold for the Renault 25 off ebay UK earlier this year (thinking
I'd need one for my 25 turbo engine, I was delighted to see the B28
listed on the front). These were pattern parts  and are identical to the
Volvo ones we also had in stock at the time. I now have them sitting on
the shelf next to a Renault set.

Square O-rings. One question: Why? The only potential change that might
be useful is to use nitrile instead of natural rubber. Other than that,
you go with what you're happy with.

Martin

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 21:10:56 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

Michael,

This happened to me for the first time a few years agao.  I had
mechanically refurbished a Delorean (but it needed interior work)
and sold it to a really nice guy in Missouri.  He drove up with
friends to "do" the Taste of Chicago and they followed him back
home with his new purchase.  He refurbished most of the interior
over the first winter he owned the car.  The car was VIN...6683.

Fast forward a few years and I get an email from the guy saying
that he was moving back to his home town in Georgia and did not
want to take the Delorean with him, since he would be looking
for a new place, new job, etc. and wanted to know if I wanted
to buy it back.  I thought for a few moments, then said "Yes".
My first thought was to finish the yet incomplete interior work.

I purchased the car back, picked it up with Marty Maier and left
it with Marty to check on a few mechanical issues and have Jake
drive the car back up to me for the upcoming British Car Show.
Marty found a plugged injector and a few other things, fixed them
and had Jake drive the car up to the Chicago area for the show.
(Note: This was before Jake finished school and bought his own D)

Once the car was back in my hands, I put in new seats to match
the rest of the refurbished interior and drove it to Evansville
later that month. VIN...6683 met up with Todd's VIN...6681 for
the first time in over 20 years at the Evansville show.  After
the show, I got an offer from Mark V. to buy this car and that
is who owns the car today.

Mark has been doing an excellent job getting the car back into
show condition (I hid the Arizona baked front fascia under a bra)
and I hope it will look as nice as Todd's Delorean when the two
cars meet again at DCS 2006 in Chicago (or sooner).

My advise - Just Do It!!

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 21:42:46 -0000
From: "Nun Yah" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Mountain Home AR DeLorean

$8K is my limit. I know that isn't much but I'm still in high school
and planning on going over to Europe this summer and have budgeted my
money to afford a DeLorean and the trip. I plan on selling my 1966
Beetle on ebay to help pay for the car that I will eventually buy.
 Does anyone know who bought the red D up in Mountain Home Arkansas?
  -Josh

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Enid/Jeremiah
<hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_y...> wrote:

> What are you looking to spend if you don't mind me
> asking?  If money isn't a complete problem, there
> looks like a fantastic DeLorean on eBay in Georgia.
> If it works around my schedule, I'd even be willing to
> drive up there and look at it.  It's located in
> Fayetteville, Ga.  Normally, I don't highly recommend
> at all eBaying a DeLorean, but I'd definitely take a
> nice long checklist and visit this one.  For those of
> you who'd like to see it, the link is:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&category=31830&item=4510375178&rd=1

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:09:56 -0000
From: "gullwingmagazine" <gullwingmagazine_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCING 2005 DELOREAN CALENDAR

For those of you that have asked for a sneak preview of the 2005
DeLorean Calendar, you can go to www.gullwingmagazine.com, scroll
down the subscription form to the 2005 Calendar button, and there is.

Ron
Gullwing Magazine

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, gullwingmagazine_at_dml_j... wrote:

> ANNOUNCING 2005 DELOREAN CALENDAR!
> (One size fits All!)
>
> Thanks to everyone for submitting quality photos for this awesome
> collection of DeLoreans.  This year's calendar includes DeLoreans in
> unique and interesting poses and beautiful background sceneries.
There's
> even a bonus cover photo that features a group shot of Ds in the
Smoky

Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 17:23:46 -0500
From: "Jason Sisto" <wizard_at_dml_tdgllc.com>
Subject: DeLorean Font / Letter

I am working on a project and want to know where I can get the lettering / font used for the DeLorean and DMC logo.  Does anyone have the font file to share or know where I can get it?  Any help is appreciated.

JS