From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2361
Date: Thursday, December 09, 2004 7:24 PM

1. Re: DeLorean Font / Letter
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

2. Re: DMC Lookalikes
From: "jchapelhow" <chapelhow_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. Re: DMC Lookalikes
From: "jchapelhow" <chapelhow_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Re: DMC Lookalikes
From: "delorean66" <delorean66_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: Volvo vs Peugeot Head Gaskets
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

6. Re: Mountain Home AR DeLorean
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

7. RE: a humble opinion
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. Re: Differences Between B27 & B28
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

9. RE: Re: Brake Lights
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

10. DMCH exhaust
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: Delorean exhaust (Emissions Testing)
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

12. Re: DMC Lookalikes
From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Re: DeLorean Font / Letter
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. Re: Renault/Peugeot PRV Gaskets
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

15. Re: DMC Lookalikes
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

16. Re: a humble opinion
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

17. RE: Re: DMC Lookalikes
From: "Simon Shepherd" <simons_at_dml_ndmltd.com>

18. Re: Re: a humble opinion
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

19. Re: a humble opinion
From: "Jennifer Moe" <jennymoe4_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Re: Re: Mountain Home AR DeLorean
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

21. Re: Delorean exhaust (Emissions Testing)
From: "endotex23" <endotex23_at_dml_yahoo.com>

22. Re: Mountain Home AR DeLorean
From: "Nun Yah" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

23. Re: Re: Differences Between B27 & B28
From: Doc Hudkins <dochudkins_at_dml_yahoo.com>

24. Door Light Diodes
From: JDub <doki_pen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

25. RE: Brake Lights
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 16:55:48 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Font / Letter

If you are using a Mac it is called Rustproof. Here is a location where
you can find both fonts...
http://www.bttfstuff.netfirms.com//phpbb/nfphpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9

Mark V

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 23:06:12 -0000
From: "jchapelhow" <chapelhow_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: DMC Lookalikes

Sorry. I have found it. The Centurion kit car....

http://www.rqriley.com/cent.html

John Chapelhow

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:58:40 -0000
From: "jchapelhow" <chapelhow_at_dml_hotmail.com>

The Lancia 'Monte Carlo' is probably the car he was meaning. In
silver, the right light and from certain angles.I don't know the cars
pedigree.

http://www.motorbase.com/picture/by-id/1860273995/

As for the "centurion", I hope someone else knows.

John Chapelhow
'Boeing' #0737

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 23:41:10 -0000
From: "delorean66" <delorean66_at_dml_yahoo.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, toscano2_at_dml_i... wrote:

> First, he described an unknown model Lancia that he had seen and
said it looked "identical" to a D from the side and rear quarter,
but not as wide. Anyone know what model he may be talking about?

He is talking about the Lancia Scorpion. I saw one a few weeks ago,
and thought it was a D at first glance.

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:48:42 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Volvo vs Peugeot Head Gaskets

The head gaskets he purchased and showed me were solid sheets of metal
(copper or brass?). I've seen pics of DeLo head gaskets with hunks
missing from them. Obviously, in those engines at least, gaskets made
from something other than solid metal were used. The solid metal ones
he showed me were clearly labeled "Peugeot". DeLoreans (with hunks
missing) run Volvo blocks. Draw your own conclusions circa 1981 (not
what you're buying off the shelf 2004).

The engines we purchased seem to be built 1985 BTW.

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 23:25:15 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Re: Mountain Home AR DeLorean

$8k is your limit, and you are willing to let a trip to Europe take
away from funds for getting it?  Please, kid, you don't want the car
bad enough!  When I was in High School and I wanted this car, I would
have sold everything including the shirt off of my back to get it!
Luckily, I didn't have to.  I just went and finished high school, and
then went on to college for engineering :)  If you don't have the
money now, have a plan to get it, and then buy your car then.

Quite honestly, I don't know what you're planning to do with this
car, but if you only pay $8K for it, your friends are going to remark
about how everything on it is broke and worn out, versus how cool it
is and how well it runs.  I know exactly how you feel though, I was
in your shoes 5 or 6 years ago.

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 18:29:01 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: a humble opinion

Yes, true.. people frequently ask "how fast does it go?"
My new favorite reply is:
"I don't know, I'm afraid to go that fast, it gets hard to see and I begin
to blackout"

I do know it goes 106 because I have the pink slip to prove it,
but I have had mine at 117 myself using my Garmin GPS to track my speed.

Stephen Wynne told me he had his black car pegged to 140.

Top speed is not my concern, it's the quick take off's and mid speed
acceleration
that matters most to me.
I want to be be able to go from a 60MPH cruise to a 100MPH bolt.

- Videobob

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:38:22 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Differences Between B27 & B28

I don't think the eBay engine in question is Volvo, but:

First & foremost -- Volvo PRV's basically come in E (European &
Australia) and F (North American & Japan) Series. There's also an A
Series (carbureted) but they're pretty rare. E series runs a richer
fuel mixture (1-3% CO check value), is higher compression (9.5:1), and
lacks emissions controls such as Lambda (introduced 1979 on F Series),
charcoal canister, air pump & catalytic converter, and EGR outside
Sweden & Australia. Performance is correspondingly higher. CPR's also
varied between E & F Series, and between model years, but except for
066 Series (which DeLo inherited) the only real difference among them
is length of warm up and presence of full throttle enrichment -- final
counter pressures are uniformly 49-53 PSI. Series 066 CPR is a unique
creature unto itself.

CIS (Constant Idle Speed) was introduced in 1981.

Camshafts are all over the map: 5.144mm lift 1975-1978 B27E, 6.004mm
lift 1979-1980 B27E. 6.004mm lift 1980 B28F, 5.96mm lift 1981-1983 B28F.

As far as the block itself is concerned, B27 and B28 are basically the
same engine. Bore was increased slightly, but that's about it. Rumors
of "soft B27 camshafts" and "small B27 oil passages" are nonsense.
Volvo did introduce refinements on the fly such as an improved
recepticle for the oil sump, filter screen on the oil filter pressure
relief valve, etc, all of which are retrofittable.

Fuel/air mixture unit changed dramatically between B27 and B28:
- B27 uses integrated throttle plates, B28 uses a separate throttle
plate assembly attached to the unit with a rubber bellows
- B27 has no place to attach an idle speed microswitch, and the
throttle plate lever is missing an upper screw to activate it
- B28 has deceleration valves in the throttle plates, B27 throttle
plates are solid
- F Series B28 has shear head screws in the manual idle speed circuit
which factory literature claims must be tightened until they snap off
("Failure to shear adjustment screw heads may contravene USA Federal
laws").

Remember: these are all volvo differences. The eBay engine appears to
be Renault with several unique characteristics of its own -- see
Message #47444.

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 18:32:23 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Brake Lights

FYI:
I first tried the nut & bolt fix and that failed after a while, rather than
try again I ordered
PJ's boards. They are bright and clear and I could tell from the
construction that these
were going to last for the life of the car.

The light boards are just rinted curcuit boards, things have changed a lot
in the way
they make these now and his are much better that the old originals.

-VB

Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 03:36:20 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DMCH exhaust

  For the record, DMCH does still sell the performance exhaust, just
not yet. Its being revamped and supposed to be available shortly.

Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 05:18:19 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Delorean exhaust (Emissions Testing)

Each state has its own rules.

For example: only 5 urban North Carolina counties did tailpipe
emission tests. Now the remainder of the state is going OBD II
(nothing built before 1996 will be tested). Have no idea if 5 original
counties will be dropping tailpipe test in lieu of OBD II too (Louie?
Jason? Jeff? Anybody know?)

I'm free & clear because the *NEWEST* vehicle in my stable is a 1985 F150.

>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "trekkerlb_at_dml_n..." <TrekkerLB_at_dml_N...> wrote:
>

> This looks like a great idea - but I have to ask, and those in NJ
may be able to help more - what of inspections?  I know in NJ they
specifically look for the cat - is the age something taken into
consideration?  How's emission levels after the removal?

Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 16:52:42 -0800 (PST)
From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Perhaps the Lancia Monte Carlo?
http://www.motorbase.com/profiles/vehicle/picture.ehtml?i=-166044569;p=731261571

The one with the side stripe is very close, even the
color resembles the D.

Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 19:07:47 -0800 (PST)
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Jason,

I bought it years ago from;

Axe Creatives
35 Parkway Drive North
Commack, NY  11725
Ph. 516-864-4907

No idea if they still exist. Good luck

Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 05:08:54 -0000
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: Renault/Peugeot PRV Gaskets

> One of these days I'm going to post something about
the
> sky being blue just to see if everyone jumps all over me about it
> actually being an optical illusion from the atmosphere or some such.
>
> Bill Robertson

Well, I checked this out and you're wrong, the sky is not blue.  Right
now it is black, but this morning it was gray....DeLorean gray. lol!

Richard Rowe

Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 05:56:40 -0000
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, toscano2_at_dml_i... wrote:

> Got to speak to a young man yesterday who is looking forward to his
first car and is convinced he wants a D. I was very impressed by his
automotive knowledge and he mentioned that he had been a D fan for a
long time and mentioned some cars that I am not familiar with that he
said look "just like a DeLorean."
>--
Have a look at www.italdesign.com  It shows many of the Guigiaro
designs.  Some of them really do look a lot like the DeLorean (which
is featured as well).  The Lancia you mentioned might this this one:
http://www.italdesign.com/dinamic/gallery/gallery_
scheda.php?id=129&num_rows=6&data_family=a&data_brand=Lancia
Italdesign - Giugiaro

It is a four-door, but if you look closely at the picture, you will
notice that it has toll-booth windows.  Another one that REALLY looks
like a DMC is the 74 Hyundai Pony prototype:
http://www.italdesign.com/dinamic/gallery/gallery_
scheda.php?id=88&num_rows=3&data_year=1974&data_fa
mily=a&data_key=prototype
Italdesign - Giugiaro

There are quite a few DeLorean-like cars out there, actually.  The mid
-80's volkswagen Scirocco with the square headlights, when viewed from
the the front at an angle is one car that comes to mind.  Not
surprising, since that was a Giugiaro design too, although his website
only shows the 70's version with the round headlights.  BMW built the
M1 back in the late 70's which looks like a D too.

I guess one of the symptoms of being a DeLorean addict like me, is
looking for DMC similarities in every car you see.  Just the other
day, I passed a older model 2-door Honda Civic(!) and thought
"Hmmm....if that car was painted silver, was a bit longer and
lowered..."

Richard Rowe

Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 05:35:41 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

Make no mistake. The DMC-12 was meant to be a Corvette killer. Despite
what JZD said about finding a niche in the sportcar market, and
despite what has been said about the vechile being a touring car.
Plain and simple, the DeLorean is a sports car that was designed for
high speeds, and hard driving. It's design, comfort, and handling all
reflect this.

Knowing what I do, from what I have read from JZD, the DMC-12 was
going to follow a very simular formula to the Pontiac Banshee. Believe
me, the DMC-12 was not there to find a little niche in the sports car
market that they could fit into, and remain profitable with. No, DMC's
mission was to enter the sportscar market, with the goal of dominating
it's competitors. The investment in the factory, and the tooling alone
show that.

I have, and will defend my car against negative critisisim. Because
most time what I hear is untrue. But the car is most certainly
underpowered. The PRV is both the cars' blessing, and their curse.
Reliable, and decent on gas milage are good. The PRV has been
essential to keeping so many DeLoreans on the road. However, while
it's not a slow car (I almost always drove 4-bangers before the D),
it's certainly not a competetive one. Peppy? Yes. Peppy is good in
traffic, and accellerating to highway speeds. However, peppy does not
do well when you're racing some other car, who has power. Yes, it does
take finess to make a car with a smaller engine, with less power
output compete. BUT, when you've got a flat, empty, straight track
where you need to have the heaviest foot, with the more powerful
engine, you'll want something more than just the PRV.

Now, is this to say that the DeLorean is natural drag racer? No, it's
not. After all, as fast as a Ferrrari is, you'll never see them
participate in NHRA. But ALLOT more power is not just what is wanted,
it's what the car was intended for. Trust me, if DMC had released
those turbo motors, everyone who defends the PRV as an adequate
touring engine that suites the car fine, would be clamoring for those
turbo motors, far more than they ever would for bonnets with gas flaps.

Don't get me wrong, the DeLorean is excellent for touring. I
absolutely love cruising down country roads, as much as I do flying
down the interstate at triple-diget speeds. But you just can't deny
that the car was destined for a more powerful motor. Why DMCL never
tried to certify a more powerful engine for their cars, rather than
hire Legend Industried to turbo charge the PRV, I'll never know. The
Rover V-8 was plentiful, and was already in use for passenger cars
here stateside.

The PRV is a strong, reliable motor. It's gotten me thru quite a bit.
but still, I'd like something more than 130 bhp. Of course, I might
have compromised horsepower for intergrated cupholders...

If nothing else, check the archives. Like Bill Gates stating that 640K
of RAM would be enough for all home computers in the future, so did I
make the mistake of saying that 130hp would keep me happy. As I've
grown with the car, I really need the output of the engine to grow
with my needs.

Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 14:26:11 -0000
From: "Simon Shepherd" <simons_at_dml_ndmltd.com>
Subject: RE: Re: DMC Lookalikes

Any fan of "Herbie" movies will recognise it from "Herbie goes to Monte
Carlo"

Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 07:15:20 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: a humble opinion

Hmm.. I've got one of "those turbo motors", and a gas
flap... But never had someone offer to buy my car.

<SNIP>

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 15:34:55 -0000
From: "Jennifer Moe" <jennymoe4_at_dml_yahoo.com>

That is definitely one of the most frequently asked questions when I
am at the gas station, parking lot, stopped at a light, yeah
basically any where I go!
That and how much did you pay?
I always tell them what they want to hear, I think that is part of
the allure to the car.  One, there really aren't that many left and
your average Joe doesn't really know a lot about them.  Second, they
still to this day are just so futurist looking and just beg for
attention.
But the thing I like the most is when people try to tell me about my
car.  "Hey do you know you have a DeLorean?"  Oh really is that what
I am driving? ha ha ha. I love it.
Does anyone else have that happen to them?  And most of the times
people, who are not DeLorean enthusiast, don't know the facts and
are so misinformed it laughable.
Then I go into DeLorean Mode and rattle off the stats of the car and
design and lay out.  It's great because their jaw drops, because I
am a woman and a young one at that! But I love showing her off to
interested parties.

I definitely got the D Fever!

Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:28:48 -0800 (PST)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Mountain Home AR DeLorean

Unfortunately, Matt is quite right.  I remember I was
willing to give up my rent money - really - I was
discussing it with my fiancee.  She thought I was
nuts, and I was - but I had the passion and the fire
to suggest the unimaginable of giving up the money
that gave us a roof over our heads just to buy the
car.

He may have been a bit blunt with you, but he is right
- don't buy the car now.  I promise you; it's not
worth the trouble you could get into.  I paid 10k for
mine (a bargain considering the 15k-20k "DeLorean
rule" http://dmcnews.com/Techsection/restoration.htm),
and I've easily dropped another 12k-18k getting my car
to the point that it's a dependable driver.  It's no
showroom car, but I guarantee you my car gets more
attention than ANY immaculate hot rod, street rod, or
muscle car at the shows I go to on the weekends.

I'm not trying to get on a soapbox and wreck your
dream.  Don't let ANYONE do that to you, but don't buy
a car that you know needs alot of work just to fulfill
that "I have a DeLorean" desire - unless you have the
technical know-how and you are ready to wait.  It'll
start wearing on you REAL fast the first couple of
days when you start realizing you can't drive it.

Jeremiah

Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 19:44:18 -0000
From: "endotex23" <endotex23_at_dml_yahoo.com>

> For example: only 5 urban North Carolina counties did tailpipe
> emission tests. Now the remainder of the state is going OBD II
> (nothing built before 1996 will be tested). Have no idea if 5
original counties will be dropping tailpipe test in lieu of OBD II
too (Louie? Jason? Jeff? Anybody know?)

States have varying degrees of emmisions testing but they're driven
by the federal government (EPA). If a state is considered to be a
high emmisions area of the country the Feds will put enormous
pressure on a state to comply by witholding millions of dollars in
funds.

Northa Carolina has very lax standards compared to most states:
http://www.ncdot.org/dmv/vehicle_services/emissioninspection/requireme
nts.html

The California Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) and the US EPA set
the standard for most state emission testing. NC emission testing
appears to be little more than the old two speed idle test (TSI)
reminiscent of the BAR 90 protocol. This refers to the specification
the analyser must meet (4 gas) as well as the test protocol. The
current spec for most states in the BAR 97. This means the analyzer
must include not only a 5 gas bench but also be self calibrating,
monitoring, and able to communicate electronically directly to the
state agency responsible for emissions. It removes most of the
emission tech's ability to conduct a fraudulent test and insures the
analyzer is always caibrated and operating properly. It also
automates non-tail pipe emission testing. There is more to emission
testing than what comes out of the engine. For example the
evaporative emission system must be tested.

The BAR 97 also requires a dyno and either an accelerated load test
(ASM) or an IS-240 test. The ASM is more common and involves testing
at 15 and 25 mpg. Basically the difference between BAR 90 and BAR 97
is the extra measurement of NOx and the use of ASM rather than TSI
testing.

As far as testing protocols go calling one an "OBDII" test is a
misnomer. OBDI and II refer to engine management and emission control
with OBDII being a standardized design required on all 1996 and newer
vehicles. A standardized diagnostic connector, codes, and dual O2
sensors are some of the charateristics of an OBDII system. OBD is
far more than emission control. It's complete engine management and
diagnostics. This is what makes a modern car so much easier to
diagnose problems on than older vehicles in addition to making them
run better and cleaner. An OBDII "test" only verifies the system has
not set any codes and will never replace tailpipe testing because
there are many cases where OBD will test correctly but emissions
could still be high.

North Carolina is lucky to have avoided the EPA's attention thus far
but that'll change in the future. I'm assuming the state's pollution
falls outside the limits required or it has simply choosen to pass on
federal assistance. Either way the ability to operate many vehicles
without emmisions testing may be a convienence to it's citizens but
hardly fullfills the moral obligation to protect the environment.

An older vehicle is more difficult to maintain and diagnose compared
to one OBDII equipped, not as fuel efficent, and far dirtier.
Contrary to popular believe modern emission controls rob very little
power from a vehicle. Other than shifting the Lambda slightly rich
for a best power mixture and removal of the catalyst (because of
shifting rich, not because it's restrictive) there isn't much that
can be done to improve power on a vehicle other than installing
aftermarket products and retuning. Even then (in most states) the
vehicle's emissions must be brought back to the limits for it's model
year. For most vehicles that means using a Lambda of 1 and a
catalyst. Use of a Lambda other than 1 requires removal of the
catalyst and only increases power a very modest amount while greatly
increasing emissions. In the Delorean's case removal of only the
catalyst alone gains you almost nothing unless it's been damaged.

Mr. Robinson, you may have the luxury of running emission control
free but you're shirking a responsibility by not knowing the
emission levels of your vehicles. Without the use of an analzyer
you're simple guessing. Not to mention it's likely costing you in
the areas of drivability and fuel economy. As to why your posts seem
to generate controversy perhaps you're asking the wrong people. From
your posts I get the impression you're from the "old school" of do-it-
yourself mechanics and somewhat unknowledgable in many areas.

With all due respect you may wish to further educate yourself in
basic automotive and combustion theory or even procure an analyzer.
There are many good BAR 90 machines available for a fraction of their
original cost and they can be an invaluable tool for tuning and
maintenance. Fwiw, in testing Deloreans (and other K- Jet equipped
cars) I've found that when adjusted properly they can be very clean
vehicles compared to other cars of their vintage.

Greg

Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 21:27:50 -0000
From: "Nun Yah" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

 I already drive a car that everything on it is broken so that won't
change for me, everyone at school laughs when I drive through the
parking lot and the car dies on me for no reason. I also beleive in
managing your money I already have a plan to get a D with the price
of around $10K and still go on the trip to Europe. I 'll go without a
car for two months but my friends owe me a bunch of rides anyway.
Patients is a vertue I know, but it is one that I am runing out of
very quickly on my dream. I set a goal to be a DeLorean owner by the
time I got out of high school and I only have 18.5 weeks to reach
that goal. I will get a DeLorean.
  I like to think that I almost won the DeLorean on ebay yesturday in
Stillwater OK, What I mean is that I had my computer on that car for
around four hours until I thought it was a good time to place a bid.
Fourty-five minutes left of the auction I placed my bid and went to
church hoping that I had won but when I came home I lost, bummer. You
win some and you loose some. Next time will be different.
   -Josh
  P.S. I am sorry if there are any misspelled words, I am in a hurry
to get to work.

 --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_p...>

Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 14:18:04 -0800 (PST)
From: Doc Hudkins <dochudkins_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Differences Between B27 & B28

--- content22207 <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net> wrote:

> CIS (Constant Idle Speed) was introduced in 1981.

Bill,

This is something I'm still learning about. CIS =
Constant Idle Speed, whereas CI = Continuous
Injection? Is that right? I haven't read enough tech
manuals to get the acronyms right in my head yet.

Farrar in New Orleans

Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:04:36 -0800 (PST)
From: JDub <doki_pen_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Door Light Diodes

Does anyone know where physically on the car they are
located?

Jon

Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 14:20:10 -0800 (PST)
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Brake Lights

I second DMC Joe's advice. I replaced my tail light circuit boards over 5 years ago with new ones from P.J. Grady. My tail lights have been bright ever since.  Rod  10921

DMC Joe <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net> wrote:

Jennifer,

This is a common problem and is a result of poor construction of the
original tail light circuit boards. The easiest and simplest fix is to
purchase the PJ Grady tail light upgrade. We have installed hundreds of
these items over the years and they are a vast improvement over the
originals. Not only will all of your rear lamps work when there supposed to
they will also be much brighter. If you can handle a Phillips screw driver
you can easily install them yourself.

Click on this link for more information:
http://www.pjgrady.com/lgspec.asp?id=26
Regards,
DMC Joe

Has anyone have/had a problem with their back braking lights?