From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2369
Date: Monday, December 13, 2004 10:21 PM

1. Pictures
From: "Johan" <dmc_at_dml_tranceponder.se>

2. Re: Monster Nation - Rich W.'s Delorean Projects (DELAYED)
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

3. Re: xm radio antenna?
From: "delowalk" <delowalk_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: xm radio antenna?
From: "delowalk" <delowalk_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: xm radio antenna?
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

6. RE: Re: Water on Floor on Driver's Side
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

7. magazines
From: rick abarca <stangboy70us_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Re: Re: Tire Replacement
From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>

9. Re: Re: Tire Replacement
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

10. Re: Re: Tire Replacement
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: magazines
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:09:25 +0100
From: "Johan" <dmc_at_dml_tranceponder.se>
Subject: Pictures

Hi

New album created #5425.

Merry Xmas

/Johan

Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 19:42:11 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Monster Nation - Rich W.'s Delorean Projects (DELAYED)

Sorry for the late notice, but I just checked the updated schedule
on the Discovery Channel website and Episodes #26-#30 are delayed.

Well, It looks like Discovery Channel made some last minute changes
to their broadcast schedule last week and my Delorean Projects spot
(and the entire Episode #28) will be delayed until after Christmas
or until the beginning of 2005.  The show is still Episode #28 and
the schedule on Discovery Channel's website should be updated again
by next week, so its a wait and see situation.

Here's the link again to the schedule:

http://dsc.discovery.com/schedule/series.jsp?series=24839&gid=0

Note the time may also be different than expected, since I tried to
catch a show last week but it had been played an hour earlier.

Current schedule appears the same time for Mondays, but Tuesdays
through Fridays are now being aired an hour earlier at 5pm Central.

I'll post again when I have some updated information.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_o...> wrote:

> One more chance for Original Productions to do this the right way.
>
> Just another reminder to set the Tivo or VCR on Monday, Dec. 13th,
> since most folks are not home by 6pm (Central) on a week night.
>
> My Delorean Projects profile will be aired during Monster Nation's
> Episode #28, to premiere on Monday, December 13, 2004, 6pm Central
> and will be repeated early on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at 1am.
> Even if the show is lame, the Delorean Projects should look cool.
>
> Later,
> Rich W.
>

> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_o...> wrote:
> >

> > Original Productions has a tendancy to change show names as often
> > as some politicians change their positions on issues.
> >
> > The Monster Nation book was "on the shelf" way before the new
show
> > was being filmed.  In fact, Original Productions changed the name
> > of the "Delorean team" show from Backyard Monsters, to American
> > Monsters, to Monster Nation 1, all within a few months time.
> >
> > Those who have seen the new Monster Nation series (not me yet)
have

Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:03:25 -0000
From: "delowalk" <delowalk_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: xm radio antenna?

There is a story about XM radio in the Winter 2003 issue of dw
magazine.  It was written by Isaac Goren who owns Sounds Good Audio
& Security:

http://www.sounds-good-stereo.com

He addressed mounting the XM antenna on a DeLorean.  Maybe you can
contact him if you need more information.  He's very good and
knowledgeable about DeLorean audio upgrades.

Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:30:56 -0000
From: "delowalk" <delowalk_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Sorry, I was looking through and see that the XM story is also in
the Spring 2003 issue of dw magazine.  There's a picture and talk
about mounting the radio antenna on page 22.

Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:09:34 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

I have the Roady2 which uses a small, magnetic antenna about the
size of small piece of candy, or maybe a chicken McNugget.

Of course the body isn't magnetic. I trimmed a small square of
cheap, magnetic sheet metal and slipped it underneath the rear edge
of the T panel, in the center. The antenna magnet grabs the sheet
metal through the T panel. No sticky adhesives, no drilling, and
it's never let go, even at 110 mph.

Rich A.
Disclaimer - No chicken McNuggets were harmed in the making of this
email.

Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:20:20 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: RE: Re: Water on Floor on Driver's Side

Dom,

You said: "there is a hose that diverts water from underneath the windshield
wipers;". That is not exactly correct. What you may be referring to is the
AC evaporator drain hose (Parts Manual 7/1/0 #16).

DMC Joe

Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:04:47 -0800 (PST)
From: rick abarca <stangboy70us_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: magazines

I have seen a few different magazines offered from
different persons.  The price/copy is definitely not
inexpensive.  As such, can any one comment on which
one they like better and why.

Thanks in advance

Rick

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:37:15 -0500
From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>
Subject: Re: Re: Tire Replacement

Tirerack.com has the same tires going for $48 in the front and $59 in the
back.  You could have saved around $85, sorry.

Todd

Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:40:32 -0800 (PST)
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

I'll jump in here, Shannon.  I've got the Pilots on my car and I drive the bejesus out of it.  I've got roughly 21,000 miles on these tires and I can't really notice much wear at all.  --Maybe some mild wear on the edges from my happy-fun-time hard cornering, but that's it.

I can't speak for the Cobras, but I can bet that as long as you have no suspension problems and are in alignment, you won't be disappointed with the Michelin's.  For what it's worth, I've got a good deal of snow, ice, and rain driving on them as well as dry pavement.

I've driven DeLoreans with everything from from the AVS tires to no-name tires and for great overall daily use, you won't find much better.  They're worth the money!  (If anyone in the St. Louis area wants to try them out, you're welcome to take my car for a test-drive --and inspect the tire wear!)

For me and 1063,
Jake Kamphoefner

Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:

Murry,
I currently have no-name bran tires but will be deciding between the Michelin
Pilots and the Cooper Cobras. I drive my car like mad and almost every day when
it is not "salt season" and am currently leaning towards the Coopers because of
ride quality & longevity. The reviews on the Pilots about tread ware are not too
good. Any daily driver Pilot owners care to talk about their tread ware?

Shannon Y

Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:59:51 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I am completely satisfied with my Coopers.  Nice ride,
not noisy and good wear.  "Performance" tires?  No,
but plenty good for 95% of all drivers (those who stay
under 100mph for extended periods of time).  Oh, yeah,
they are not expensive and they are made in the good
old USA!!

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:32:33 -0500
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
Subject: Re: magazines

Yes...the DeLorean Car Show magazine is the best...although I may be a
little biased!  (I'm the assistant editor/art director for said publication)

The reason ours and the others' prices are so high is because there just
isn't the demand out there to produce a quality magazine in the numbers
that would allow it to be less expensive.  Our magazine's purpose is to
financially support the DeLorean Car Show, so Ken can continue to bring
us great shows and have great guests like Claudia Wells and Bob Gale.
If you think that's a worthy cause, we'd love to have your support!

You can learn more at www.deloreancarshow.com

Thanks,
Josh