From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2375
Date: Saturday, December 18, 2004 9:40 AM

1. Re: Re: Questions on automatic transmissions
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. RE: Re: Questions on automatic transmissions
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. RE: Re: Questions on automatic transmissions
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Re: Questions on automatic transmissions
From: "endotex23" <endotex23_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. RE: Re: Questions on automatic transmissions
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. RE: Let's talk about that infamous fender.
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

7. Re: Questions on automatic transmissions
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

8. Re: Let's talk about that infamous fender.
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com

9. Re: Re: Let's talk about that infamous fender.
From: Owen Emry <owen_at_dml_aerodrome.us>

10. Re: Re: Let's talk about that infamous fender.
From: "Bruce Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

11. RE: Let's talk about that infamous fender
From: darryl_at_dml_techline.com

12. RE: Re: Let's talk about that infamous fender.
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

13. Re: DMC houston video question
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

14. RE: Re: Questions on automatic transmissions
From: "Luis Bas" <TrekkerLB_at_dml_Netzero.Com>

15. Re: Let's talk about that infamous fender.
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

16. Kids these days (a short DeLorean story)
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

17. Re: Kids these days (a short DeLorean story)
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Re: Kids these days (a short DeLorean story)
From: "Lauren" <LPLand_at_dml_earthlink.net>

19. Re: DMC houston video question
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

20. Re: DMC houston video question
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

21. Re: Questions on automatic transmissions
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

22. Re: Burned Auto Trans Fluid (Change)
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

23. Re: What's with the glug glug noise?
From: mroboto_at_dml_aol.com

24. VIN 4715 ripp off ?
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

25. Going keyless (push-button start)
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:24:26 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Questions on automatic transmissions

Wait a sec.
Are you telling me that you are not supposed to put RED automatic
transmission fluid in there?
Because that looks like that is what is in there.
It is dark red, and smells like brake fluid.
I don't know how burnt it needs to smell before it is considered burnt but
it does have
a little bit of a rancid smell.

What is the correct fluid?

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:40:32 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

I have developed a tiny leak but I have not determined from where.
I have checked the level and it is fine, says it is full.

How do I check the line pressure?

I guess I need a trans shop to do this?
- VB

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:44:54 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

I have to admit to you,
I don't know a single thing about transmissions at all.
I am a dunce when it comes to these things.

I had no idea that there is another type of oil somewhere else on the car in
the transmission
other than the red fluid.

I think that I need to simply find a european transmission shop that knows
what to
look for and have them take a look at it and do a change on it.

What "other" cars should I mention or look for when choosing a shop?
I mean, what other cars use our transmisiion?

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 21:12:58 -0000
From: "endotex23" <endotex23_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Questions on automatic transmissions

> I don't know who to believe or who to trust, some people have
motives to sell me a transmission, others are just trying to sound
knowledgeable. So far no one is willing to make any gaurantees.<

I can't say I blame you. This list continues to offer some of the
worst information I've ever seen. If you want to wade through all the
nonsense you must not lose sight of fundamentals. An automatic
transmission is at it's core nothing more than a hydraulic system. As
such all the basics about hydraulic system maintenance apply. Dirt,
moisture, oxidation, acidity, heat, and other contamination of fluid
is the greatest single killer of hydraulic systems and this applies
to auto trannys as well.

Of all the advice given David T's is the most valid. Shift timing is
done by the comp/gov while shift quality is done by vacuum modulating
the pressure. If the fluid smells "burnt" or is discolored it has
reached the end of its useful life and must be replaced. If I were you
I'd replace the fluid and filter and verify the comp/gov is working
properly. Use two test lights to probe the solenoid signals at the
diagnostic connector to do this. Adjust the cable per the manual and
then check to see the pressure is within specification when the proper
amount of vacuum is applied to the modulator. Be sure the modulator
vacuum path is OK; ie no cracked or bad hoses.

This is about all you can do. Any drivabilty issues that remain
(assuming they're not powerplant related) will require going inside
the transmission. Supplying any hydraulic system with the proper fluid
and keeping that fluid contaminat free and minimizing heat is the key
to a long service life. This applies to anything from power steering
to auto trannys. In a vehilces case the shift points and line
pressure also directly affect the health of internal components.

Change your fluid and don't worry about it. Anyone who tells you
otherwise is ignorant about hydraulics in general and
hydrostatic/hydrodynamic power transmisson in particular.

Greg

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:47:30 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

See what I mean?
If you read a few of the last post from some of the most trusted names in
this community,
they just told me to do a fluid change - including Stephen Wynne.
What and who am I supposed to believe?

All I know is that I can drive my car just fine, once it warms up that is.
- VB

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:36:01 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Let's talk about that infamous fender.

There are fenders out there if you need one.
heck, even I have an extra hanging in the garage - both sides!
There a lot of them out there but they are being horded by people like me
who
are afraid they will need one some day.
Houston has some of them too, but they only sell them to preffered
customers.
Unless the fender is totally wiped out, you can reshape it.

I have never heard about Houston making new fenders, this sounds very
unlikly.
Some cars that get a lot of damage, let's say hail damage usually end up
being painted.
A yellow, or black DeLorean with a little hidded bondo is smarter than
trashing all the
panels and trying to start from scratch.

These cars seem to have a good turnover, people buy them and get board of
them
or decide not to fix them and then sell them off on eBay.
Thats how I got mine.
There is always one of two on eBay at any time.
- VB

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 21:24:27 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

I recently changed my auto tranny fluid along with the final drive.
I was shocked (and a bit angry) to find that there was "bloody red
stuff" in the final drive!  And only about two handfulls.

Needslees to say, I drained it and used the proper gear oil at the
proper level.

Geez, some of these P.O.'s really amaze me...

Johnny
5518

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 21:43:23 -0000
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com

Al - This falls under the general scope of "urban legends", but my
understanding is that DMC had completed a run of spare RH fenders and
other panels, and was about to begin a run of spare LF fenders when
the plug was pulled on the whole enterprise.  They would naturally
make the parts in "runs" or "batches" due to the high cost of tooling
setup to switch from one part to the next on the hydropress and
stretcher press machines.  It makes sense that they would make
greater numbers of fenders for spares than the number of cars
actually made, due to the fact that the body panels were
considered "replaceable" rather than "repairable" in most cases.  The
highest spares requirements would be for the front fenders, hoods,
and facias because most of the damage would be done to the front ends
during the typical "fender bender" car accident.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Nelson, Allan" <abnelson_at_dml_w...> wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, does anybody know why there is such a
discrepancy in the number of the LF fenders as opposed to the rest of
the body panels? Looking at DMCH's website, it looks like there are
hundreds of doors, hoods, quarter panels (not sure about RF
fenders??).  So why were there so few LF fenders at the time of the
plant closing?  Seems they would have been purchased 1:1 in accord
with all other panels.

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:47:55 -0800
From: Owen Emry <owen_at_dml_aerodrome.us>
Subject: Re: Re: Let's talk about that infamous fender.

Nelson, Allan wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, does anybody know why there is such a discrepancy in
> the number of the LF fenders as opposed to the rest of the body panels?
> Looking at DMCH's website, it looks like there are hundreds of doors, hoods,
> quarter panels (not sure about RF fenders??).  So why were there so few LF
> fenders at the time of the plant closing?  Seems they would have been
> purchased 1:1 in accord with all other panels.

I've read that it was a clerical error.  Before closing, supposedly enough body panels were produced to last approximately 20 years, but due to some silly calculation error, no LF or LR fenders were produced.

-Owen

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:51:50 -0600
From: "Bruce Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

I think this may have been mentioned before but at one of the old Kapak open
houses I had the opportunity to walk around the warehouse with Marvin Kantz
and a couple of others. He told us they crated up parts for around a
thousand cars and shipped them back to Ohio. This all took quite some time
along with shipping and customs. When they finally arrived in Columbus the
crates were labeled as to which body parts were in which crate. They weren't
opened for quite a while and when they were the crate that said left front
fenders actually held mostly rights. When they checked back with the
liquidators in the old plant they found that what was left behind had been
destroyed.

Bruce Benson

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:40:05 -0800
From: darryl_at_dml_techline.com

Contrary to popular belief, left front fenders are still available.  Contact
the good folks at DeLorean Parts Northwest (www.delorean-parts.com).  When
they bought my inventory a year ago there was a whole stack of left front
fenders, both new and used.

Darryl T.
(formerly Specialty Automotive)

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:50:36 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

DMCH has a staks of right fenders.
So if your about to wreck aim for the right side - NO JOKE.
Aim to the right if you have the option.
- VB

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:07:38 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: DMC houston video question

> Not sure what the current status is, but I don't think polution
standards are
> a problem. they would of course use the same PRV engine, which in
proper tune
> passes the strictest CA emissions tests with flying colors -
impressive,
> especially for how old it is.
>
> Andy

For a 1981 spec DeLorean, yeah, it shouldn't have any problem with
meeting emissions standards. The problem is is that VERY few people
would want to put down allot of money, for the same 130bhp powerplant.
If they were to use PRVs, they'd have to at least have the new engine
upgrade that DMCH has. DMCH says that their new exhaust system is 50
state leagal, but that's holding it to 1981/82/83 standards. Who knows
how it would compare to modern day standards.

If it's a limited production vehicle, then it wouldn't be subject to
government crash tests. They leave that responsability up to the
manufacturer. I believe that airbag requirements are even excluded.

The biggest thing of all isn't safety, nor even emissions. A freshly
manufactured car is subject to DOT standards at the time it's
completion. So that means it might need an OBD-II system grafted into
it (who knows if there are low-production exemptions), which means
lots of new sensors, and totally new fuel delivery system, etc. Maybe
Delphi has something universal that could easily be used? But in any
case, the expense of a new car would come more from the fitting of
modern parts, than it ever would to cover reproduction of old ones.

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 19:08:38 -0500
From: "Luis Bas" <TrekkerLB_at_dml_Netzero.Com>

I'm like you, and I also misunderstood Dave when he spoke about the gear
oil.  I'm glad to see that I didn't foul things up as bad as I thought I
did.

As to the question of changing the fluid/oil - I had many people tell me
both - do it/don't do it - for other cars.  The truth is I did it, and
the car ran fine and never ended up with a trans problem.

Unless I'm misunderstanding it again -  the brain trust - if I could use
that term feel that one can change the fluid and not mess up the trans.

Thanks for all the info - I guess I'll need to put in a call to Grady!
Luis & 3723

Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 00:04:28 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_h...> wrote:
<SNIP>
>There a lot of them out there but they are being horded by people
like me
> who
> are afraid they will need one some day.
> Houston has some of them too, but they only sell them to preffered
> customers.
<SNIP>

And that's a good reason why DMCH *should* be very selective about
whom they sell those fenders to. Unless you had a rumble with a fork
lift, or something else that not only punctured, but sliced open the
body panel to the point where you couldn't realign both halves, you
can repair it back to it's original condition.

I've seen a few examples of paneles damaged with severe bends, and
folds, that have been made new again. The key is just finding a person
who has both experience in shaping stainless, AND autobody work. And
since you've got people like DMCH who perform this type of work
already, it's not hard to find.

Reproduction panels are not hard to produce. What make it expensive is
the quality of the dies that are used to make them. The reason that
the originals cost so much, was because they were meant for full
production. So they would be hard enough, that they wouldn't distort
after stamping out 30,000 body panels per year. After all,  even the
prototype cars had body panels that were stamped. Turn to page 59 of
SSI to see what I mean.

Me personally, I don't plan on getting into an accident. But, if I got
into something bad enough that destroyed my left fender, or any other
body panel for the matter, I'm glad that DMCH is restricting their
sale, so that people that truly need them, will still have access to
them. I think it completly sucks that there are individuals out there
who want to horde valuable parts such as this, out of either fear, or
greed.

However, I do take comfort in one thing. Just like the book "Stainless
Steel Illusion", and other "rare" DeLorean parts that have been
replenished over the years, anyone who hordes a part will only inflate
it's value temporarily. Eventually the demand for it will always
collapse. Within the next few years, fewer, and fewer DeLoreans will
be on the road. Which means that the risk of someone actually needing
"rare" parts such as these fenders will fall even further. With time,
parts that you believe are valuable because they are "coveted" by
others, will simply be only a memento to you. The space that the part
takes up in storage, will be worth more than the part itself.
DeLorean, or otherwise.

Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 00:11:15 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Kids these days (a short DeLorean story)

I went to Wendy's for lunch today. Haven't been there in a long time
and decided, what the heck. So I place my order and pull up to the
first window with my door open (easier to hand over money & receive
food that way). The young girl running the drive thru is looking very
excited at this point. She's bouncing up and down and she says, "Ooh!
Ooh! That's the car from the movie! That movie... oh, shoot... you
know, that movie!"

I'm thinking to myself, "Yeah, Back to the Future. Here comes the
question about the flux capacitor." But it's on the tip of her tongue
so I just smile and wait for her to finish. She continues:

"...that was a good movie, too! Gosh, what's it called.. OH! THE
WEDDING SINGER!"

What?!?!? The WEDDING SINGER?!?! The car got a 5 second cameo, for
crying out loud! Of all the movies to remember a DeLorean by, who
thinks of the wedding singer?!

Then it hit me: She wasn't even a glimmer in her parents' eyes when
Back to the Future was released. Born no earlier than 1987, she
remembers the eighties like I remember the sixties: "Too young, thank
God." It's "that decade my parents seem to love, with those terrible
oldies artists like Pat Benatar and Blondie." The Wedding Singer is
probably one of her childhood favorites. She's going to tell all of
her friends, "I saw that cool car from the wedding singer!" They'll
say, "No! That's a real car? It can't be!"

I'm getting too old for this. God help us all when the "flux
capacitor" jokes are replaced by "oh! you must sell junk bonds!
hahahaha...".

Apologies to you young'ins on the list. ;)

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:37:08 -0800 (PST)
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Kids these days (a short DeLorean story)

Remember back before the BTF movies? All the comments were about "coke". My first D was before they had vanity plates in OR but they did in CA. I was in Carmel and parked in town to go wander around and look at what had changed since I was in High School. When I came back there was a D in front of me and another behind. The vanity plate in front was ENTRAPD, the one behind was SNIFFFF. I waited a while hoping the owners would return, but they didn't in the time I had.

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:07:15 -0700
From: "Lauren" <LPLand_at_dml_earthlink.net>

>God help us all when the "flux
> capacitor" jokes are replaced by "oh! you must sell junk bonds!
> hahahaha...".

Ryan -- I'll take junk bond jokes over FC jokes anyday!    Someone
actually sang "Back in Time" to me the other day in a gas station.

.....................LP

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 19:38:23 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

FYI - A friend of mine builds replicas and there is a maximum of 500 that
can be made before
crash testing and all the other standards.
So after 10 years of building Testarossa's he is now doing Lambo's.
I am pretty sure that the next car in the driveway will be one of his all
carbon fiber made
Diablo 6.0's with a Northstar in it.
Suh-weeet.

I think that the DMCH guys are considering making a new front end and making
some DMC's that are painted, with new interiors and front ends with their
new engine
in place.
The frame, body and doors will remain.
I wonder who if anyone will drop the money it will take to buy one of these.
I am guessing they would sell for at least $50K +

- VB

Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 07:24:21 -0000
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

Here in Connecticut we have a  car company called ERA COBRA,that
manufactures replica AC Cobras GT40's and others,they are world
reknown,(I took a tour of their facilities(and cars) and came out
VERY impressed)and they make turn key cars or complete rolling
cars,which just needs your drivetrain.My point here is that there is
NO reason that DMCH cannot manfacture Deloreans in the same fashion
(with the option of fiberglass body panels)with your choice of
drivetrain(within limits)or just rolling cars,since they have the
factory equipment to make the fiberglass black bodies,that part would
not be a problem,then using thr Pierce SS frame under their
bodies,and either fiberglass panels(easy to make)or SS panels or even
aluminum body panels,and your choice of different drivetrains,NOW you
have the Delorean that should have been..By the way their complete
rolling GT40's (without drivetrain) retailed for $78,000,so that a
well made DeloreanII,remanufactured as a supercar should fetch appox.
the same amount.Expecally since MOST people outside the Delorean
community assume DMCH IS THE orignal Delorean motor company!! AND I
could almost guarentee that JZD would promote it,if it would
happen,mark my word on that,as I WAS the first person to figure out
that, DMC watch inciedent was a JZD thing(check the back archives).

Claude
No vin

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_c...>

Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 04:10:09 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Thanks for the comment but you are not completly clear either on how
an automatic transmission works. Yes, it does have hydraulics inside
but they are ONLY used for control. The power flow is EXCLUSIVELY
through planetary gearsets and clutches. The shift computer controls
the hydraulic control systems which control the clutches. The
particular combination of clutches is what determines the gear ratio.
The hydraulic system also cools and lubricates the internals. This is
NOT a hydrostatic transmission, ie, the fluid is NOT used to transmit
motive power. This transmission "at it's core" is a bunch of
planetaries and clutch packs. The failure point is usually the C1
clutch pack, it is the smallest one so it is the weak link. When it
goes it can do other damage so if the transmission is slipping the
*best* advice is to not drive on it anymore until you can correct the
reason for the slippage. If it slips even with full line pressure you
are "in deep do-do". You have removed the friction materiel from the
friction plates and now they are slipping against the steels. No
amount of pressure is going to help you until you replace the
frictions and steels inside the clutch packs. In the course of the
general rebuild you replace all of the internal seals, exterior seals,
clutch plates, gaskets, and shim all the clearances back to spec. If
you do decide to drive the transmission to destruction you will wipe
out all of the bearings, the fluid pump, possably the gearsets, and
usually the case. At that point it is not economicaly reasonable to
rebuild. Now you HAVE to replace it and the old one is garbage. I have
rebuilt many kinds of transmissions, from many different kinds of
cars, the transmission in the Delorean is not so unique except in it's
construction. It requires special tools, the Workshop Manual and of
course replacement parts. Most places today no longer do internal work
on transmissions. They don't have the time, training, or the tools.
They will yank it out and send it somewhere. Even many transmission
shops now just yank them out and send them to a central shop where
they are done on an assembly line basis. Builders (transmission
mechanics as they are known in the trade) are few and far between.
They are like gold and shops are very possesive of them because good
ones are hard to find and keep.

Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 05:00:05 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Burned Auto Trans Fluid (Change)

Automatic transmission fluid is like brake fluid -- once you boil it,
hydraulic properties are permanently lost, never to return. This is
bad. The clutch discs are never supposed to actually touch one
another. That's the purpose of the fluid -- to make hydraulic
couplings. Boiled transmission fluid is unable to "get a grip" on the
discs. Is as useless as water. The discs will slip and spin again each
other, quickly grinding themselves into powder.

If the fluid is truly burned, change it. Even if it's just old, change
it (hydraulic fluid attracts moisture from the atmosphere, and water
is useless).

Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 08:05:07 EST
From: mroboto_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: What's with the glug glug noise?

Ah Ha! I know the answer to this one, and even BEFORE Videobob!
I had a glug glug noise in my DeLorean too! It appeared to get more frequent
the faster and harder I drove, especially around tight corners at high speed.
After a brief inspection, I discovered the source of the sound. It was my
passenger gulping down his whiskey to take the edge off of riding with me at such
high speeds. The more erratically I drove, the more he drank!
That was the source of my glug glug sounds. To fix it, I gave him a straw,
and now it's a much more acceptable slurping noise. Now I can drive as fast and
erratically as I wish with no annoying glug glugs! However, I have several new
points on my driving record, and a shopping cart for a hood ornament.

Daniel Deutsch
3356 & 15779 (Orlando)
Never to be taken seriously

Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 11:17:43 +0100
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>
Subject: VIN 4715 ripp off ?

Guys does someone know VIN 4715 or the owner ?

on www.mobile.de somebody offers a Delorean for 7000Euro.
His german is bad, he seems to be more familiar with english.

As this is a great offer, I contacted the guy. After my second email
he replied.

He said something about the car being located in Rome, but the (bad low
resolution) pictures show that the car is located somewhere in the US.

I know that something is fake here and this guy wants to make a fast buck.
But does somebody know something about VIN 4715 ? Who is the real owner ?
Does he know that someone is sending pictures of the car to others
pretending
to sell it for a low price ?

Here's one of his emails:

dear sir
My car has only 5471 and is from 1981. It is a clasic
superb car for colectors and not only.
I am located in italy.I already
have tones of emails. Let me know in english if you
want more details and pictures because my german is
very bad
best regards

Another one:

hello
this classic 1981 DMC DeLorean sports car is in amazing condition  as you
can see in
the pictures.it is located in Rome. It has a powerful V6 Engine. I will
drive at your door or
i will shipp it to you as soon as you send the money
in my account.
if you have more questions mail me.
let me know your decision
regards
Daniele

No address or complete name, but his bank account:

hi there

This is my account number

Account: 66764060D0247
IBAN : CH040024724766764060D
SWIFT : UBSWCHZH80A

As soon as you send the payment i will come with the car to you. After you
recive it please send me the scanned peper from your bank so i can see that
you send them.

If you will not want to buy it after i will come i will return the money in
your account

regards

A friend of me sent him an email, too. To him he said that the car is still
in the US and not yet importet to germany or italy or wherever.

I am not sure if this is a young boys joke or a bad try to ripp people off ?

Elvis & 6548

Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 06:26:35 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Going keyless (push-button start)

Yes, it's me again.

I recall reading a post many months ago about someone who replaced his
ignition key with a push-button start. I specifically recall reading
that the button fit perfectly in that hole. My questions,

1. Anyone know who this was?
2. Where'd the button come from?
3. Do you supply power to the starter directly through the button, or
is a relay used (and if so, any special type, or just a standard 12
volt sealed automotive relay)?

Thank you,