From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2385
Date: Friday, December 24, 2004 4:24 PM

1. Re: Door acting weird
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. Re: BTTF D at 2004 Cruise for the Cure
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. RE: Replacing thermo time switch.
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

4. RE: Door acting weird
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

5. RE: Soft Clutch
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

6. Happy Holidays
From: casey barlow <dmc1288mph_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Fuel pressure and depressing the air metering plate
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

8. Re: Replacing thermo time switch.
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:04:47 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Door acting weird

Your strut has gone bad. To confirm you can switch it with the other
door. If the problem moves with the part you can figure that the part
is bad. Torsion bars do not change adjustment and are not affected
much by temperature.

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:16:12 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: BTTF D at 2004 Cruise for the Cure

The car has the aftermarket side skirts.  The
"DeLorean" is indented into the skirts just as it is
in the rear bumper.  The letters are the same ones you
can get for your rear bumper:  stainless steel, or as
I have done, in carbon fiber (a little more subtle).

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:01:26 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Replacing thermo time switch.

Adam,
Normally if you use 2 wrenches the adapter in the water pump won't need to
be removed or loosened. If it does come loose it would be better to replace
it, but there is almost no pressure and if you just snug it down good you
will be ok.

From: Adam 16683 [mailto:acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com]
Subject: [DML] Replacing thermo time switch.

I want to change my thermotime switch soon. I havent taken it apart
yet so I dont know whats in there exactly.

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:09:33 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Louie,
Just as an FYI, I sell the factory original new Delorean Stabilus door
struts. Not an aftermarket. Normally they are stronger and the doors need
adjusting back to relieve some of the pressure off the torsion bar. Also in
the winter they may sag some but Stabilus say's they shouldn't. $59.95 per
set of 2.

From: Louie [mailto:louie_at_dml_delorean.com]
Subject: [DML] Door acting weird

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:18:51 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Soft Clutch

Angular, You may need a new clutch master cylinder. Look for any leaks where
the shaft goes into the cylinder. If it looks wet, then the fluid is running
down into the carpet. Then I would check the slave cylinder or leaks also. I
can't tell you now, If they haven't been replaced then they need to be or at
least the seals.
If the clutch master and slave look ok and none of them are leaking then I
would suspect the line hasn't been replaced with a new Stainless steel one.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/clutch-transmission.html

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:14:41 -0800 (PST)
From: casey barlow <dmc1288mph_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Happy Holidays

Hi  y'all,

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas, and Happy
Holidays!     I hope all of you are doing well.

Take care,
Casey
VIN # 3270
TAG #  GR8SCOT

http://my.yahoo.com

Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 07:20:26 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Fuel pressure and depressing the air metering plate

Forgot to add something to my last message.  When my car's fuel
system is fully pressurized, it takes about 3 to 5 lbs of force to
depress the air metering plate.  Is it supposed to be like this?  It
has always been that way since I purchased the car.  When the fuel
system isn't pressurized (i.e., if the fuel lines were just hooked
back up and the fuel pump hasn't run yet), then the air metering
plate is very easy to depress.

thanks again,

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 19:21:27 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Adam 16683" <acprice1_at_dml_h...> wrote:

> I want to change my thermotime switch soon. I havent taken it apart
> yet so I dont know whats in there exactly. Do I need to remove the
> screw adapter 102122 ? If I do remove this adapter should I replace
> its washer seal 102011 ?
>
> Or do I just unscrew the sensor from the adapter, leaving the adapter
> connected to the water pump?
>
> Should I reassamble any of these with teflon tape or some other
> thread sealer?

First question: Why do you need to replace the Thermo Time Switch?
What troubleshooting has lead you to this? I only ask, in the interest
of saving you money, by avoiding unessisary replacement of parts.

Now, to answer your question.
No, you do not have to take the adaptor sleeve out of the pump
housing, if you don't disturb it. Yes, you'll need to replace those
sealing washers. Remember, it's the exact same sealing method as whats
been used on the fuel injectors. No, you won't need teflon tape, if
you've got new copper washers to seal everything.

Installation is as simple as it seems. Just screw everything in, and out.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X" - It's a snow day for work!