From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2386
Date: Saturday, December 25, 2004 9:32 AM

From: "Tom Porter" <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: "Jason Sisto" <wizard_at_dml_tdgllc.com>

From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

From: "William" <wbowie2003_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com

From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

From: "sandorp1" <piszar_at_dml_comcast.net>

From: Peter Lucas <lucas_at_dml_Maya.com>

From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

11. Sort of a Holiday Upper/ Downer
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 02:48:28 -0000
From: "Tom Porter" <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Lost all hope

Hey Guys,

Merry Christmas to all DML'ers out there in cyber space through out
the world!  Hope all is well on your end.

Havent realy posted much in the past couple of months, and I doubt I
will be posting much anymore at all.  I have been slowly loosing
steam of hope in DeLorean ownership.  Been saving since I was ten
years old for the car of my dreams, and now that a decade has passed,
and nearly there (had to buy cars in the mean time) I have decided
that in my current possition, it would be wasteful to plunk down a
good 15 or 16 grand on a car.  Well, not any car, but a car without a
warrenty or guarentee of any kind, other than that it "WILL" break
down, mostly due to P.O. of the car I decided to get, and the fact
that they now are over 20 years old.  If it didnt break down, it
would be a much better canidate in comparison to a 2004/05 current
model, even without such a warrenty.

What realy gets me is people almost always have to add a good 10 or
15 grand on top of the purchase price to make the car a good runner
with few problems.  Exceptions asside, the DML is full of examples of
this.  I can not afford such a car on a 13k year salary, working 40hr
a week including many weeks of overtime.  I'm not joking either.  It
took 11 years to get this money to buy the car, but I have a problem
with wasting it on something that will break down within months, if
I'm in any way lucky.  And then the other maintainance items which
would cost many thousands on top of just keeping it running... not
including anything causmetic.  And what for, 300 or 400 miles a year
(thats all i would dare drive it, the frame rusting away in my dads
barn (where I would keep it!).

Please dont get me wrong at all, I have lived, breathed and idolized
the DeLorean ever since I have first realized its existance on this
great earth.  The DMC-12 is not one of the best automobiles, it is
the BEST out there, and nothing can change my mind on that fact.  But
time takes a toll, and one can not wait forever, or however long it
was.  I have read the DML in entirety many times, i know people
have 'waited' longer than my measly 11 years, even recently a posting
stated apx waiting 20 years before purchasing one.  In my current
financial sistuation, there is no way i can make that decision, even
if I have the cash to outright buy a car on ebay at this moment.

Doesnt make sense in northern Maine anyway, couldnt use it 9 months
of the year for fear of frame rust.  Glad I made the discision to
stop now, I would have been in a much worse state of mind after
buying an expensive car, and find out it needed just as much work as
the initial purchase price.  (Not saying at all that the DMC is a
lemon, but a potential money pit if you get an abused/abandoned model)

Anybody else lurking on the list who actualy has tried to save the
money to buy a DeLorean and is realy discuraged?  Tell your story,
even if you dont come up with the same conclusions I have recently
come to.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Tom Porter :+)
Maine, USA

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:29:50 -0500
From: "Jason Sisto" <wizard_at_dml_tdgllc.com>
Subject: New Sports Car - The Delorean II

Found this web site where someone is looking to raise $21.5 million to build a new car called... The DeLorean II

The new super car. V-12 engine, 2000HP, and a million and a half price tag.

This is an auto production. The auto will come in four versions: The Gullwing Coupe, the Roadster, the Pickup truck,and the Recreation Vehicle.

Can this actually be true?

Jason

Check it out at http://www.mergernetwork.com/static/details/43895.htm

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:07:33 -0600
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: ADMIN - Note from the Moderators

And now for a word from the Moderators.

It seems that recently we've crossed the "familiarity breeds contempt" line,
so it's time for a refresher on mailing list rules, purpose, management, and
etiquette, as well as some of the recent event discussion.

MODERATING - The feel we're striving for is that of a bunch of folks sitting
around the garage/living room discussing DeLoreans. This is not intended to
be the town square.  If someone shows up and kicks over the beer and calls
our car ugly, they may be asked to leave. Moderation is more than just
keeping spam out; it's maintaining an environment. This is not intended to
be a free-for-all discussion of anything that comes to mind - in other
words, this is not a free speech venue. There are certainly plenty of
alternatives on the web where you can find such a forum.  Remember -
moderation works both ways.  We won't allow you to call anyone names,
conversely, we won't allow them to call you names either.

Regarding vendors, our policy on this has been clear from the beginning. We
value the contributions of anyone addressing solutions to specific problems
or announcement of new product availability. We aren't fond of repeated
generic "advertising". In the other direction, we're also cautious about
potentially slanderous commentary, and for that reason we try and limit
criticisms of vendors and service centers to comments from people personally
involved, not "something I heard from someone somewhere" information.
Obviously this can be a bit of a challenge.  If you have a problem with a
vendor, it is far more effective to work through that problem with the
vendor - complaining to the list may make you feel better, but it won't
solve your problem.

The moderators strive to do the best job they can and are always open to
ways in which they can further improve. The policies that the team strives
to apply are posted on the DMCNews web site. The DML is and has always been
a moderated list. We do allow a limited amount of meta-discussion because we
believe it is useful and important.  The main job of the moderators is to
keep the discussion on topic, and a little meta-discussion is one of the few
tangents we do tolerate. But the DML exists to discuss DeLoreans, not the
DML itself.

SONNYV - the SonnyV postings/links/archives were re-posted by Marc and
anyone is welcome to review those messages and Marc's forensics work
originally posted. Draw your own conclusions. We can't force anyone to post
an explanation on the list. In the absence of a posting from the parties
involved, we'd suggest that further discussion and complaints be pointed at
the people directly involved.

A couple of further comments on this:

Anyone can go back and modify or delete their own posts from the Yahoo
archive. This is a Yahoo function beyond our control. There are off-site
archives that are potentially more complete.

The Internet is painfully anonymous. We don't expect to validate every post
and poster on the list, so take any advice or commentary you see here with a
healthy skepticism. When in doubt, there's still a lot to be said for
personal communications.

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:16:34 -0000
From: "William" <wbowie2003_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: I finally had that dream

Well I had to put my Dream on hold in April when I got laid off.
Just got a new job in October. But I'm gonna try and make it happen
by the end of '05.

BTW if there is a D owner nearby on the list shoot me an e-mail.
I'm located in Columbia SC.  I also just signed up on the
http://www.msdmc.com/index.php

> Welcome back William (time for your biannual post?) Louie Golden is
> putting together a gathering in Charlotte in early 2005 if you'd
like to drive up

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 17:40:27 -0000
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com
Subject: Re: Soft Clutch

Sir Angular - The first thing to do is to assume that there is now
air in the system, or your clutch line is suffering from an
aneurism.  Visually inspect the line (unless you know that it's a
replacement stainless steel braided line), and correct as necessary.
Then, perform a thorough bleed of the system to eliminate all air
from the system.  If that doesn't do the trick, let us know, and
we'll give it further consideration.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, AngularTableKnight

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:14:48 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

If the fluid level dropped then it means it leaked out somewhere. You
are probably going to replace the clutch master cylinder and the
clutch slave cylinder. If you haven't already replaced the clutch line
with the braided metal one then figure on getting one and doing that
too. In the meantime you may get by for a SHORT time by bleeding the
clutch.

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:26:57 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Door acting weird

I have no idea how the internals of DMCH's year old door struts work
but, if like many struts, there is an internal "brake" that slows
the door near the top of the ascent. If the strut is leaking
internally the "brake" can be the first to go and would be
noticeable most when cold. Have you asked DMCH about it?

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Louie" <louie_at_dml_d...> wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> Winter is finally creeping into the South. I drive my DeLorean
daily and I've noticed my driver's side door acting strangely sometimes
> when the temperature is below the mid 30s. The door shoots open
and I have to pad it's ascent to prevent it from bouncing hard.

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:07:28 -0000
From: "sandorp1" <piszar_at_dml_comcast.net>

William, I can totally relate.  I have been dreaming about buying a
Delorean for years.  Fortunately, my dream came true last week!  I am
now the proud owner of VIN 3002, an '81 with a gas flap hood, grey
leather, 5-speed and the wide black stripe.

I DO go out to the garage litererally every time I walk by the garage
door, I just have to look at it.  I am really, really geeked about
this!  (can you tell?)

Sandor

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:00:16 -0500
From: Peter Lucas <lucas_at_dml_Maya.com>
Subject: Re: First time for everything...

On Dec 22, 2004, at 6:58 PM, Louie wrote:
> I mean I've had crazy stuff happen to me...
> people hanging out of their windows yelling and waving, people
> taking pictures and using camcorders in other cars near me... but
> I've never actually seen someone risk their life like that lol.

And then there is the one in which you are driving down the
highway at night and get blinded by a camera flash.

--Pete Lucas

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:41:47 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

 Louie,

To determine if the problem is with the strut exchange the left and right
struts and see if the problem persists.

DMC Joe

Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 14:04:05 -0000
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Sort of a Holiday Upper/ Downer

 Sort of a Holiday Upper/ Downer

Sadly, it was on this day, Dec 24, 1982, that the last DMC-12 ever
produced, VIN# 20104,
rolled off the Dunmurry assembly line.(British Coal in JZD's
Christmas Sock)  On a
lighter note,and in that respectiful memory a poem for that day .
Happy Holidays
Claude
vin#00000

Twas the night before Christmas,
When all through the (DMC)Plant
Not a Worker was stirring, not even a Delorean,at the end of the
assembly Plant,
The Delorean assembly lines, were stopped with great care,
In hopes that the British Goverment soon would be there.
The workers were nestled all snug at their work stations ,
While visions of working again, danced in their heads,
And JZD in his Finely pressed suit,
Had just settled his brains for a long winter's jail nap...
When out on the DMC plant lawn there arose such a clatter,
The workers sprang from their work stations to see what was the
matter.
Away to the windows they flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.
The moon on the breast's of the new-fallen snow
Gave the lustre of mid-day to the Delorean's below,
When,what to their wondering eyes should appear,
But the British Goverment , and not there to give cheer,
With little fuss, so lively and quick,
They knew in a moment, it must be Time to Quit,
More rapid than eagles their coursers they came,
And They whistled, and shouted, and called them  names:
"Now, !_at_dml_#$%! now, ! now !_at_dml_#$% and !_at_dml_#$%^!and On, ^%$#_at_dml_! and on &^%$!
and on, (*&^% and %^&#!
To the Front of the Factory! do not stop, till you pass the gates and
walls!
Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"
So down the plant-halls the coursers they flew,
With the sleigh full of DMC parts, and a Delorean or two.
And then, in a twinkling, was heard,the unmistakable sounds
The clanking  of locks,soon to lock down,
As what drew ahead, and  no turning around,
Down the plant they all came without a bound.
They were depressed and blue, as they knew what was afoot,
And their clothes were all tarnished from working for asses who gave
them the boot.
A humble goodbye was all to be dared,
As they looked around knowing it was time to pack with great care.
Their eyes -- how they wished -- their jobs to be there!
And as they heard with a grin this was the night.
The slump of sales brought the plant to it's plight,
And the smoke it encircled soon would be it's wreath.
A wink in  their eyes and a twist of their heads
Soon gave them to know they had something to dread.
They spoke not a word, but went straight to new work,
And as they filled all the trucks; then turned with a jerk,
And laying the finger of blame to no one,just to much upper managment
perks,
Giving to much to Lotus,so up the chimney the money went.
And to the doors today they will be locked,to be put up for rent,
And away everyone went,not a penney more to be spent
But then was heard someone to exclaim,
"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!"

Claude

(permission granted to be used by others
with acknowledgment to author)