From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 6:39 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2402

1. Re: What parts are (nearly) impossible to get
From: "alex morgan" <mauibarber_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. Re: Trigger/Stator air gap (MY CAR RUNS AND MY TACH WORKS)
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

3. Re: San Diego Rolling British Car Day - 17 Apr 05
From: Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 18:05:58 +0000
From: "alex morgan" <mauibarber_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: What parts are (nearly) impossible to get

That is good news.  When I owned mine, lower ball joints and front control
arms were GOLD.  I paid $700 for a remade control arm.  And ball joints were
like $75 a piece.  I see now they are much cheaper and available.  Nobody
touched on my second question.  How possible is it to remake fenders and
torsion bars (probably the two most difficult and expensive parts to find).
I would think the fenders wouldnt be that hard.  Once you have a mold for
them and you knew the grit and grade of the S.S.  What would it take to make
torsion bars?  Do they have to be frozen to work?  Could a none twisted and
frozen bar work as well?  I dont know the physics well enough to know the
answer,
Alex

Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:11:49 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Re: Trigger/Stator air gap (MY CAR RUNS AND MY TACH WORKS)

Fired the car up today with the stator/reluctor re-gapped and now my
car idles like a champ with a working tach and all!!!  I have never
seen my car run as well as it does now.  No shaking at idle,
no "missing," no dying after taking my foot off of the throttle.
It's amazing!  Although it did run before adjusting the
trigger/stator air gap, the tach was jumping all over the place.
Now that those 2 parts aren't *RUBBING* like they were before, the
tach is silky smooth and so is the motor.

I am thrilled.

> I would pull the distributer out! It is possible the screws
loosened
> up and are lying inside waiting to jam up the distributer. Also
> because they are missing you have to wonder what else the P.O. did
in
> there! It is not too hard to take the whole distributer apart. The
> biggest part of the job is getting it out of the car and back in
and
> timed. The biggest problem besides the gap is that the vacuum
advance
> would not have any control over the position of the advance plate.
The

Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 11:25:17 -0800 (PST)
From: Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: San Diego Rolling British Car Day - 17 Apr 05

David,

i have forwarded your email to
gordon carpenter and cecil bainto
do you know the email address for scott who lives in
escondido?  he has a bttf DeLorean (black/auto/1983)
and was at the autofest last july
also, scott stern the owner of #6452 (the car just
before mine) also lives in escondido.  he called me in
july but I was unable to get his contact info
do you have his contact information by any chance
please let me know

thanks

chris

p.s. I'll forward you some pictures I took of my
DeLorean with Cecil's a few weeks ago (1 week before
christmas to be exact)