From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 6:42 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2405

There is 1 message in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. need to replace passenger side door latch
From: "secret_jedi_guy" <secret_jedi_guy_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 22:21:11 -0000
From: "secret_jedi_guy" <secret_jedi_guy_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: need to replace passenger side door latch

The passenger side front door latch of 1223 is broken and does not
latch at all.  This is causing the door to not seal properly and it
jiggles a lot while driving.  This is also causing the rear door
latch to not lock properly.

I have the replacement latch, but I don't know how to properly
dismantal the door to get to it.  I don't have the workshop manual.
So don't tell me to look there.  This will also help when I replace
my window motors.  (The regulators are broken and new ones cost the
same as a full motor/regulator set).

Any help here would be appreciated, if anyone has done this before.
I must say though.  The plastic on these latches seems a little
flimsy to me, it's a wonder it has lasted this long.

Thanks,

Japheth VIN: 1223