From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2407
Date: Thursday, January 06, 2005 5:56 PM

1. Re: Suspicious eBay offer
From: jimbo0946_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: DeLorean Car Show Pheasant Run update
From: "p12c16" <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

3. Fuse Box Relay Type and Part Numbers Concern
From: "Cecil Longwisch" <dmc1982_at_dml_msn.com>

4. Re: Fails CALIF emission
From: "Bruce Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

5. RE: Re: Fans go on with ignition key...
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

6. DCS Music.
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Owner Summaries.
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Re: Suspicious eBay offer
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

9. Re: Owner Summaries.
From: "p12c16" <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

10. Re: need to replace passenger side door latch
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

11. Re: Owner Summaries.
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: DCS Music.
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

13. Re: Re: DeLorean Car Show Pheasant Run update
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

14. Re: Fans go on with ignition key...
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

15. Re: Suspicious eBay offer
From: "Nun Yah" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. RE: Re: Suspicious eBay offer
From: "Jason Sisto" <wizard_at_dml_tdgllc.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 12:24:39 -0500
From: jimbo0946_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Suspicious eBay offer

SCAM SCAM SCAM

WHENEVER ANYONE HAS 3500$ INSTEAD OF $3500, IT IS 99% OF THE TIME A SCAM.  ESPECIALLY SINCE HE SAID HE IS FROM ENGLAND.  NO OFFENSE TO OUR FELLOW BRITS, BUT ALL THE SCAMS I HAVE COME ACROSS ARE PEOPLE SAYING THEY ARE FROM ENGLAND.

JimmyC

Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 17:35:03 -0000
From: "p12c16" <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Car Show Pheasant Run update

I would be glad to do it.  I'll talk to Ken and get back to the list
in a little while.  I think black and white would be fine, kind of
like most of the pictures in the Stainless Steel Illusion.

Patrick
1880

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, kKoncelik_at_dml_a... wrote:

> In a message dated 1/5/05 3:15:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
PRC1216_at_dml_a...

Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 12:44:26 -0500
From: "Cecil Longwisch" <dmc1982_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Fuse Box Relay Type and Part Numbers Concern

Be careful when you get the part numbers that you truely get the right ones.
I went to my local Bosch dealer about 10 years ago  (before we had all the
current suppliers) to replace mine and he gave me the wrong one which
directly sent the positive to ground unfused. Marty Maier and I spent a long
night redoing my fuse box because of this.

If you are not sure of your source I would get them from a DeLorean vendor-
mainstream or aftermarket as it was not a fun task repairing the damage.

Sure got to know my system and Marty better that night though.

Cecil Longwisch
#10663

>From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
>To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: RE: [DML] Fuse Box Relay Type and Part Numbers
>Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:49:01 -0600
>

>Shannon, There are several brands of relay's in the relay compartment. The
>standard  relay's in the relay kits are Bosch. There is also one relay that
>is single pole double make Bosch also.
>John Hervey
>www.specialtauto.com

[moderator snip]

Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:48:35 -0600
From: "Bruce Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: Fails CALIF emission

The heat stove has been a part of automobile engines for decades. It's
purpose is to provide warmer air during cold weather and during engine
warm-up. It prevents engine stumbling during the warm up phase but plays no
particular role in reducing emissions. It in no way substitutes for exhaust
gas recirculation.

Bruce Benson

> Negative. The DeLorean was not equiped with an EGR system. Instead, it
uses a "heat
> stove", and a flap in the air intake ducting, which is controled by a
bi-metalic arm.

> -Robert
> vin 6585 "X"
>

> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, JDub <doki_pen_at_dml_y...> wrote:
> >
> > Does the delorean have an EGR system? From what I know
> > the EGR system is what lowers the NOX numbers, maybe
> > yours has failed?
> >
> > Jon
> > --- stephenjpattison <steve_at_dml_c...> wrote:
> >

> > > My car seems to frequently fail the Nitrous Oxide
> > > test on the
> > > California Emmisions Inspection.  I have 31k miles
> > > and recently had
> > > the O2 sensor replaced in Garden Grove.  Outside of
> > > the repair shop,
> > > does anyone have any ideas what I might look at ?
> > > Levels today were
> > > 2 to 3 times maximum allowable.
> > > Thanks

[moderator snip]

Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 12:59:05 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: RE: Re: Fans go on with ignition key...

David,

This subject brings up a design defect that exists with the AC cooling fan
circuit. In most AC systems the condenser fan runs continuously whenever the
cooling function is selected. Years ago I modified several DeLorean AC
systems to operate with these characterizes. There are three distinct
advantages to this modification.

[NOTE see http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/coolfan.htm]

A. Like other AC systems the condenser will operate more efficiently with
continuous airflow during compressor off cycles especially when the car in
not moving.

B. There is less stress on the electrical system from high current surges
produced when the fans are switched on.

C. Creates a "cooling fan continuous on" function in the event of a coolant
*over-heat sensor problem.

*Defective otterstat, low coolant level, trapped air in coolant lines.

DMC Joe

Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:17:00 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DCS Music.

Every town has a few good quality 80's tribute bands.
A city like Chicago should have more than a few..

http://my.yahoo.com

Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:19:50 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Owner Summaries.

Do it in PDF form...  Then a reasonable charge if
someone wants it in paper form.

No need to print EVERYTHING!  :)

<SNIP>

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 18:45:31 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

Take it from me, as someone who purchased a DeLorean from a dead man's family estate.
Berevement doen't make people stupid. They may not ask for the fair market price,
because they may not be aware of it, true. But people in those kind of situations would
have a car like this sitting in the driveway, or at some mechanics shop. You wouldn't have
someone online, taking this much time, and willing to go thru so much effort to unload
the car. They would do it as quickly, and as quietly as possible.

Now, if you really want to put this seller to the test, ask for a VIN #, and whose name the
title of this car is currently in, so that you can verify this with the DeLorean vendors whom
kept detailed records of every car, so that you can verify it's service history. See if you even
get a response back on that one. And if you want to push it even further, ask him for the
address of the vehicle, so that you can inspect the car in person, and drive it home
yourself the same day. To go even further, what dead reletive should you ask for?

Also, this person isn't an American, I can tell you that. In America, we're pretty vengeful
culture, so no one "dies in a tragic accident". We're always "killed in accident", because we
like to shift the blame.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, toscano2_at_dml_i... wrote:

> re: the "too good to be true" auction I wrote about yesterday...the seller has finally sent
me something more than a one-word answer. This thing just gets weirder and
weirder...anyone know if this is indeed the same car being offered within the last month or
so by a scammer? Obviously I no longer plan to purchase this, I just find it interesting:

[moderator snip]

Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:12:54 -0000
From: "p12c16" <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Owner Summaries.

The whole point is to have it printed so it can be bought at the show
as everyone walks around looking at the lineup of VINs.  I highly
doubt that most people would remember to print it out and bring it
with them to the show.  Besides a hardbound owner book would be more
of a souvenir from the show as well.  Maybe we could make it a
supplement to the Stainless Steel Illusion by using a similar cover
and calling it DeLorean:  Stainless Steel Owners. But who knows, this
is still in a rough planning stage right now.

Patrick

Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:30:52 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: need to replace passenger side door latch

"In the Land of the Blind the one-eyed man is King". What I meant is
that after trying to do this complicated procedure it will take
several tries and many re-readings to get familiar with it and
competant at it so that you can do it at all. Maybe I shouldn't have
said "expert". In any case you will get comfortable at it and a whole
lot better than someone who never did it! OK so I exaggerate a little.
You are correct that anyone trying most of the things we give advice
on can meet us half-way and at least get some manuals. If people would
get AND READ these things many of the questions would not get asked in
the first place! That is one of the reasons I try to refer many of the
questions back to the manuals. It gets people more comfortable with
the manuals and maybe they will look at some other sections. I would
hope they have the manuals so when I do refer them to a particular
item in the manual they can at least look it up. In this case it is
just too long to type in the whole door lock adjustment procedure when
they already have it if they have the Workshop Manual. In many cases I
feel like I am helping people in spite of themselves. Much of what we
do in the end is to offer confidence so that someone who isn't
comfortable with auto mechanics will try to better his knowledge and
try things he didn't think he could do. In the end, encouragement is
the most we can do. Obscure technical information is beyond most of
the list members. Most of what we advise on is, to me, common sense.
Someone once said "common sense isn't so common!". My hope is to
spread it around a little and along the way get and keep more
Deloreans on the road. And maybe with more confidant and knowledgeable
owners!

Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:44:13 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Marc's suggestion is an excellent one.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

http://my.yahoo.com

Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 14:46:10 -0500
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DCS Music.

If I do get a band the one I like in Chicago is the Rockets
They are popular band in Chicago and come highly recommended

Again cost is always an issue but I do like live music

We will of course have our DJ there he has been with us at every show so far.

Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:05:15 -0500
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: DeLorean Car Show Pheasant Run update

we print artilce from owners all the time in DCS and if people want to do a page on their cars we will fit them in
if you want all at one time this is another project

Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 20:47:13 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Re: Fans go on with ignition key...

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it, but couldn't this symptom also
be caused by the starter circuit breaker being tripped?

Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:19:35 -0000
From: "Nun Yah" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

*****  Moderator's Note  ****
I believe we have established that this is a scam.  The list has
received about a dozen copies of this note already, so unless you
have some new information regarding this incident, please consider
this thread closed.

Mike G  Moderator of the Week

*****

I got the exact same email. The person that wrote it needs to go back
to school because his enlish is bad with poor grammer.
  I aked him where inside the USA he lives and he didn't tell me so
it is a scamm. Because if he were for real he would have no problem
telling me which state he lives in so I could pick up the car if I
bought it. He did not tell me so it will be hard to track him down
after he scamms someone.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, toscano2_at_dml_i... wrote:

> re: the "too good to be true" auction I wrote about yesterday...the
seller has finally sent me something more than a one-word answer.
This thing just gets weirder and weirder...anyone know if this is
indeed the same car being offered within the last month or so by a
scammer? Obviously I no longer plan to purchase this, I just find it
interesting:

> Hello,
> First, I want you to know that I live in USA,but for the moment I'm
in
> England.Two mounths ago my cousin died in a tragic car accident.
> My cousin family need money urgently and thatsware i sell this car
so
> cheap,becouse i want to help they.
>  The car is in excelent condition .It has a title clear wich you
will
> recive along with the car and two rows of keys.
> The buy it now price is 3500$ and I want a deposit in the same day
when
> you will receive the car.
> Regarding the payment method i would like to use Square Trade like
a 3rd
> party for the deposit.Square Trade is a affiliated company of
eBay.They (as
> you can see on ebay site map) develop the program Safe Harbour -
Fraud
> Protection.I am a seal member and that's mean I am backed up for
all my
> auctions on ebay.I pay them fees for that!
> The car is in US and it is allready to Square Trade,they inspected
and tested the car to
> see if the description on eBay matches with the real condition.
> Look how they work:
> 1.I will contact them , and I will send your shipping information.
> 2.They will send us mail forms (the forms will be from customer
support
> team) for you about payment deposit.
> 3.Those forms must be filled by every part of this deal(me and you)
> with infos that they required.
> 4.We must submit the forms.
> 5.After you will inspect the car,Square Trade will send me the
> payment infos and I shall pick up the money.
> This means a 3rd party.
> If you want to go on with this deal , mail me asap and I will
require
> those forms right now also I need your complete name and address.
> After all that will be done,the car will be shipped from Square
Trade,and

Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:24:36 -0500
From: "Jason Sisto" <wizard_at_dml_tdgllc.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Suspicious eBay offer

Just go another message from the ebay delorean seller.

Know things have changed...he want me to wire him money via Western Union!!

Lets see what is next.  He still has not given me the VIN or name on the title
or HIS/HER name for that matter, but I am still trying!!

JAS

See copy of message below

The car have a clear title and you will receive it inthe same day when you will receive the car.
You must make a transfer with 3500$ via western union and after that you must send a fax with the receipt of payment to Square Trade.They ill keep the payment information until you will receive and inspect the car.When you will receive the car you must send a confirmation to Square Trade to tell them that you want to buy the car.
Give me your name and address so I can contact Square Trade and after that they will contact you with more info about this deal.