From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 6:57 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2409

1. Neon?
From: "Steve" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

2. Re: jzd birthday
From: "bjmccool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>

3. RE: Re: DeLorean "Show Off" on CarDomain
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

4. Re: Pheasant Run
From: Jennifer Moe <jennymoe4_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: Re: Fails CALIF emission
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

6. Rich on TV
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

7. A Different eBay DeLorean
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. RE: Neon?
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. Re: jzd  birthday
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

10. Re: Neon?
From: "M. P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>

11. Rich W. hovercraft
From: "Nun Yah" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 15:44:39 -0000
From: "Steve" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>
Subject: Neon?

Anyone had any luck installing neon? It really doesn't look like
there is any place to put it on the sides or rear (too close to
muffler).

Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:03:36 -0600
From: "bjmccool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: jzd birthday

Speaking of John's birthday, I've always wondered something. Does John have
a computer? In this day and age it's almost assumed that everyone has a
computer but I've never heard anything about John reading this list or
posting to it. I guess its up to the individual, John may have no interest
in continually emailing and discussing topics surrounding the Delorean
community.
I pose this question to Ken: Do you think John would be open to answering an
occasional question in the Delorean Car Show Magazine?

Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 10:35:56 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: RE: Re: DeLorean "Show Off" on CarDomain

I would like to add the following information to this thread.

If you are looking for good low end (bass) response from your rear speakers forget the factory location for these speakers. (NOTE: Bass in much of today's music may entail continuous subwoofer frequencies for extended periods of time.) If you know anything about loud speaker technology you will be aware that a speakers bass output is directly related to the baffle (box)it is mounted in. The DeLorean rear speakers float in a very shallow area of the rear quarter area and are secured to the body via the rear magnet. This mounting technique substantially reduces the potential bass response of whatever speaker is mounted in this position because of a "no baffle condition". Secondly replacement requires a substantial amount of labor with a distinct possibility of cracking the trim panel the speakers are mounted behind.

As suggested earlier there are several options. If your not overly concerned about losing shelf space you could simply add integrated speaker boxes available in a very wide range of sizes, styles, and price. Another advantage of the speaker box is easy installation. If you need your parcel shelf clear do what many DeLorean owners have done and install speaker in the back wall of the parcel shelf.

If you want the advantage of great sound while maintaining use of your parcel shelf check out this system designed specifically for the DeLorean from one of the most trusted names in DeLorean upgrade products http://www.deloreanparts.com/zilla_046.htm. While your visiting the site check out the information on stereo receiver upgrades for your DeLorean.

I am sure that Dom and other members on this list can lead Aaron P. and anyone else looking for sound upgrades to options that they have personal experience with.

DMC Joe

Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 08:57:17 -0800 (PST)
From: Jennifer Moe <jennymoe4_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Pheasant Run

Thanks!
I am very new to the list, I just bought my car in September, I have wanted a DeLorean since I was about 8. (after I saw the movie) So now I have it and I live in Minnesota in the Twin Cities, White Bear Lake if anybody is familiar with the area.

If anyone knows of a group out here I could get involved with that would be great. I would like to get out there and meet some of the other owners! Get some pointer, see their cars.

Pheasant Run sounds like a blast! I cannot wait for it! Jennifer vin 2879

DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com> wrote:

www.deloreancarshow.com will tell you everything you need to know.

I hope to see you there.

You also must be very new to the list, welcome aboard. Where are you
located?

Mark V

On Thursday, January 6, 2005, at 03:48 PM, Jennifer Moe wrote:

> Okay, now I may sound like a dummy but could some one explain to me
> what Pheasant Run is all about? I went to the website and it really
> wasn't any help. I was thinking of participating, I mean I have the
> general idea of it, a bunch of DeLorean owners get together to show
> off their cars. I mean it sounds like a great time. It would be great
> to meet everyone. I just bought my D in September so I am a little new
> to all this. Could you also tell me when it is?
>
> Thanks!
> Jennifer

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address: moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com

Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:56:55 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Fails CALIF emission

I passed emissions last year with no stove pipe and nothing after the
air filter element, all i had was the air box and filter.

Mark V

Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 18:28:23 -0000
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Rich on TV

I loved the MONSTER NATION last night because Rich managed to actually get out some factual information about the car and also shed the cars in a good light, and his projects really looked cool on TV.

Rich, will the DeLIMO be at the DSC06 show?

If anyone missed Rich's appearance on the Discovery Channel
I have taken the time to post the entire segment on my website for everyone to see. It is pretty big, about 9MB and good quality Windows Media.

Just go to the http://www.dfwdmc.com and go the MEDIA section. There are some other great new videos on there too.

Thanks Rich,

Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:10:11 -0800 (PST)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: A Different eBay DeLorean

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31830&item=4517789518&rd=1

I live about a hour away from this car, and I'd be
willing to make a trip and inspect this car.  If
anyone looks to buy it, let me know, and I'll take a
look.

Jeremiah

Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 13:24:39 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Neon?

There are some guys from the UK selling LED strips that look like a better
alternative,
and have a photo of a DeLorean all lit up with blue LED's that looks pretty
cool.
I would give them a shot.
- VB

Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 15:50:15 -0500
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

Yes John does have a computer and he does use it.

For a while I was having regular e-mail exchanges with him but that has gone by the wayside and I have not had contact since the show.

I did e-mail him a birthday greeting but have had no response yet

I have tried and tried to get him involved in the magazine and he appeared ready and gave me a whole bunch of stuff including information on Smokey Yunick (sp) but then about a month later asked me not to publish it so I did not.

Anyway I do still send him e-mails and he does still seem to respond by regular mail to his Bedminster PO box.

Don't ask me for the e-mail he asked that it not be given out.

Hope this clarifies

Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 20:57:30 -0000
From: "M. P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>

Steve,
     I had the same issue.  There's really no good place to nount it unless you cut the back part of the rear fascia and mount it inside.
I had help creating a fiberglass rear valance that covers the oil pan and rear suspension.  It hangs down another 2" or so and provides a good mounting point for a 36" tube.  When I finish painting the rear valance and install it I'll take pictures.

Matthew
AZ-D VeeP
VIN 16816

Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 21:41:24 -0000
From: "Nun Yah" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Rich W. hovercraft

 I saw the Monster Nation yesturday and saw Rich hovercraft hovering
around in a parking lot. I have seen the other two times that Rich
has been on the show, I think that it is cool that he has been on the
show three times now. On the hovercraft episode I thought it sucked
that they just ran the car over with that military vehicle thing. I
have been to Rich website nd wondering if his hovercraft is finished
or if he is planning on making it look more like a car that hovers or
a hovercraft that looks like a D?

  -Josh