From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2412
Date: Sunday, January 09, 2005 11:26 AM

1. RE: Piston rings + sleeves
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

2. Re: Disspelling the myth of storage
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Your help is needed in the Chonology Listing
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: Disspelling the myth of storage
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

5. Re: Piston rings + sleeves
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

6. AW: Re: Rich W. hovercraft
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

7. Re: Digest Number 2410
From: whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com

8. Re: jzd  birthday
From: "Charlie" <charles_az1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. Re: Rich W. hovercraft
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

10. Re: DCS Music.. A suggestion from a while BACK
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

11. Re: Piston rings + sleeves
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

12. Re: Disspelling the myth of storage
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

13. RE: Re: Piston rings + sleeves
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

14. Re: Rich W. hovercraft
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

15. Door openers and alarm sys
From: "likl3189" <mannyone_at_dml_optonline.net>

16. Re: Dani's Carbureted PRV
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

17. Re: DCS Music.. A suggestion from a while BACK
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

18. Re: Re: DCS Music.. A suggestion from a while BACK
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

19. Re: Re: Rich W. hovercraft
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

20. Re: Dani's New Engine
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

21. Colored Fuel Lines (BLUE)
From: "ashtonorlan" <ashtonorlan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

22. Re: Dani's Carbureted PRV
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

23. Re: Re: Piston rings + sleeves
From: Nathan Robinson <nathanrobinson_at_dml_gmail.com>

24. RE: DCS Music.
From: Sean Mulligan <sean_mulligan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

25. Non Start Problem - Transmission Related?
From: "birdwell77095" <birdwells_at_dml_usa.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 14:46:18 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Piston rings + sleeves

Do you want new or used. And yes I am interested in the fuel system. I will
also trade.

Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 13:31:55 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Disspelling the myth of storage

None of my "collector cars" see road salt.  This is
nasty stuff that finds it way in all of the hidden
places on the car, and quickly rots them.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 13:37:18 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Your help is needed in the Chonology Listing

6049 is listed as "for sale"...  How did that happen?

For the record, everything I own is for sale. For a
price!  LOL

<SNIP>

http://my.yahoo.com

Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 22:35:42 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

The other problem, besides all the rust damage, is some idiot might be
more likely to hit you. I know I would get VERY upset if someone hit
my car. In the bad weather it is just a lot more likely to happen. I
am able to not have to use my Delorean as a daily driver so I choose
to store it for the winter. It will last much longer and stay nicer
because it is not used all year. I also save a LOT of money on
insurance. Starting and driving in the extreme cold is a lot harder on
all of a car's systems.

Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 22:43:19 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Before you tear the engine all apart you should do a compression test,
a leak-down test, check the oil pressure with an accurate gauge, and
note the oil consumption (if any). The PRV is a sturdy little engine,
unless it is an extreme high-mileger, a top job is probably all you
should need. Doing the heads should get you back to like-new status.
Even if it gets overheated (unless you cooked it so bad the oil burnt)
you should not have to go into the block. This assumes the oil was
changed at least once in a while with the filter and there are no
loud, knocking noises.

Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 23:59:39 +0100
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>
Subject: AW: Re: Rich W. hovercraft

Hey, why not ?

I am sure the Delorean can fly, but when I saw the axial fan I was sure it
wouldn't do it because an axial fan can't produce enough pressure to lift
the car.
Especially when it is built like the crap they did at the show. Nothing
planned
or calculated. Just hammered together like crap ! Ask Don, that's what he
said - more
or less.

I did some tests lately with some fans - axial and radial fans. With two
radial
fans and about 160 Watts I was able to lift up a boy with about 110 pounds.
(No rotation of the whole test-hoverboard aaahm hovercraft )

With 3 axial fans and about 250 Watts I was only able to lift up about
20...30 pounds.
(extreme rotation of the whole thing). (of course everything depends also of
the
rotor and the area below the board that is pressurized....)

This means they had the totally wrong fan / rotor for the hovercraft. Axial
fans
are only good for acceleration and steering, not for lifting it up - they
produte
not enough pressure.

I'd say - Rich, do your homework and go for it. Don has many old fiberglass
chassis
laying around, perhaps more than he will ever restore. Once the whole thing
is strong enough to lift up without any problem, you can put on the SS
parts,
they are not too heavy.
One engine in the front to lift the car and one in the rear to propel/steer
it.
You won't need two engines to lift it (front and rear...) beause the
pressure is
the same !

Go for it.

Elvis

The Monster Garage episode with the hovercraft DeLorean did not sit well at
all with many
DeLorean owners....
Yes, a DeLorean could be modified into a hovercraft. It could be done.
Rich, please. For the sake of nothing else, but to let sleeping dogs lie,
let it go.

Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 18:36:27 EST
From: whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Digest Number 2410

In a message dated 1/8/2005 2:03:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com writes:

> Steve
>
> On another note I think I have some sort of fuel pump problem. Started
> getting a VERY LOUD buzzing sound coming from what sounds like behind the
> right front wheel. It also appears to be causing a surging at idle. Knowing
> how impeccably Ken kept this car (and replaced everything conceivable) I
> doubt it is a blockage. Guess I have to start taking things apart tomorrow.

Hi Steve -

I recently had similar noises, and it turned out that the still-original
pickup hose inside the fuel tank had softened up enough over the years that it was
collapsing under suction and thereby stressing out the pump.  I've since
switched over to the new baffle and pickup that John Hervey at Special T sells
(I'd already installed one of his new fuel pumps a year eariler without updating
the tank internals) and have been fine since.  It's a MUCH simpler system
that's easy to install, eliminates a good length of unnececary rubber hose inside
the tank, and looks pretty much incapable of collapsing.  If you'd like to
look it over, I'm just a few miles away from you in Lauderhill, just North of
Oakland Park Blvd in the Inverrary area.

          *****WhoCruiser_at_dml_aol.com is Dan Harris*****
WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser
Read about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: http://www.scificruise.com
Purr-use The Cat House at: http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage

Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 00:10:53 -0000
From: "Charlie" <charles_az1_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: jzd  birthday

I hope JZD is doing well, thank you for last year & Happy Belated
Birthday Mr. Delorean!!

Charlie
AZ-D

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, kKoncelik_at_dml_a... wrote:
> Yes John does have a computer and he does use it.
>
> For a while I was having regular e-mail exchanges with him but that
has gone by the wayside and I have not had contact since the show.

> I did e-mail him a birthday greeting but have had no response yet
> Anyway I do still send him e-mails and he does still seem to
respond by regular mail to his Bedminster PO box.

Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 00:40:07 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Rich W. hovercraft

Robert and others,

I have not brought this topic up here specifically because many
Delorean owners have been distressed by the MG Hovercraft show
and I specifically did not bring my hover conversion to the PF
show because of bad feelings over the MG Hovercraft show, so I
think I have left sleeping dogs lie up until someone else asked
a question about the topic.

Keep in mind that my Hover Conversion came long before the MG
show and I built the first one for the fun of it, with spare
damaged panels, with no rules to follow - just make it work.
As Tamir's video at Memphis shows, I did what I wanted to do.

Not to focus on the incorrect statements too much in your post,
such as the hovercraft was not destroyed by another hovercraft,
I do need to again clarify what happened on the show that most
folks do not know as a result of editing.  If you want to know
the real things that went on behind the scenes, check my profile
comments about the build on the Discovery Channel website.

As I stated in my previous post, the car/hovercraft project was
done "successfully" on Monster Garage UK show with a Lotus, so
I doubt if MG will redo the build here, but you never know.  As
for me re-doing the build, I know it can be done and I'm just
answering the question that I may do something, either with the
original hovercraft I have or build the one MG should have built.

As for my intentions, the Monster Nation profile is the type of
coverage I was hoping for in both MG shows, but there was risks.
I was glad the Monster Nation profile allowed me to clarify some
of the details that were wrong in the first Monster Garage show.

> <SNIP>
>
> The Monster Garage episode with the hovercraft DeLorean did not sit
well at all with many
> DeLorean owners. To see a salvageable car get torn up, then a 2nd
underbody consumed
> in the process, and then to see DeLorean owners become the target of
the shows jokes
> angered allot of people. And the fact that at the end of the show,
the car was destroyed by
> another hovercraft didn't exactly help things either to win you, or
the others on the show
> allot of favor with people.
>
> Yes, a DeLorean could be modified into a hovercraft. It could be
done. And matter of
> factly, if you really wanted to prove this, you and the MG build
team blew your opprotunity
> to do so. And now you're talking about doing the same thing that you
and your team did
> that ruined your chances on the show. Talking about using "spare
damaged panels". You
> don't bolt some body panels onto an existing hovercraft, and then
call it a "Hovercraft
> DeLorean". All you've done at that point is fabricate a body kit.
And that is the point that

Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 00:51:08 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: DCS Music.. A suggestion from a while BACK

On a similar note, a Chicago based group, "The Deloreans" would
have made a great choice for the Chicago show, but the website
for the band is no longer up and there was word about the band
breaking up last year.  I could not find any recent info on them.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Ken - Digital Devices" <ken_at_dml_d...>

Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 01:29:06 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

As far as parts, I would feel better using new parts but if the used
ones have a small enough amount of wear then used would be fine. The
fuel system parts will be removed as soon as I can located the A
series manifold to bolt a carb to. Oil consumption is hard to tell
because the drain plug has a slight leak, but I still doubt there is
any oil burning. I have yet to do the compression test, there is only
66 thousand on the engine but it has had abuse with hi revs and etc,
and also has sat idling for a large amount of hours (according to the
PO). There is a knock (cylinder 1 I believe) at low RPMs under load,
while this may be just a valve problem (doesn't sound like loose rod)
I'd still feel better moving with a rebuilt engine especially since I
will have no tools or garage to tinker in. Digging into the engine is
no problem for me, I rebuild engines all the time (which I'm kind of
tired of but hey, whats a few more?). While the engine does run and
works to get the car from here to there, it runs rough. I have made
all kinds of adjustments, I can't get the idling down to where it
should be and it vibrates as well as "pops" during idle. I've adjusted
all the brass screws with slight effects (did bring idle down a very
small amount) Any range RPM
holding it (say holding it at 3K) it will hold but be rough running.
New fuel pump, filter, cleaned injectors, all new lines, idle motor is
working and switch is functioning, new wires new cap and rotor. And on
top of all that, there is a hot start problem (unless I turn the
distributor CCW which makes it idle even higher and run slightly
rougher). Imstead of asking all kinds of questions and spending hours
trying to find out why this is, carburetion is basic and what I'm used
to. -----Dani B. #5003

Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 01:37:31 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

I've driven my delorean for a few winters with no troubles, but like
every other reply, it is ultimatly the salt that chews up your metal
parts. I also don't like the thought of wrecking my car-it is easier
to do in the winter. It is not about me driving my car and sliding on
ice (which is a possiblity), but it is more of a worry about the other
drivers on the road. Its a snowy day with a few inches on the road, i
get a little concerned about how the driver-who is suddenly on my
bumper- will be able to stop if I need to make a sudden stop. Instead
my car sits outside with a weekly start up and drive around, as well
as the occational playing when my huge driveway ices up -god those
things are fun on ice! -----dani b. #5003

Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:58:14 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: RE: Re: Piston rings + sleeves

I agree with David. My PRV-6 approached 300k before retirement. My Volvo
PRV-280 is now approaching 200k and still runs like new with full
compression and virtually no oil consumption.

DMC Joe

Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 01:07:32 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

Elvis and others,

I appreciate the input, but there were some calculations done
(while Don was retrieving the second underbody), but the parts
guy at MG could not (or would not) get the parts I requested,
so the teams hands were tied throughout the build(s).

My hover conversion setup, with rear mounted lift/thrust engine
can lift over 1200 lbs. with a Rotax displacing under 500cc, so
the 1000cc, 145hp lift/thrust setup on the MG hovercraft would
have "kicked-butt" with a secondary front lift-only engine in it.

The biggest problem we could not overcome was weight of the parts
that were eventually used.  Rick G. got kicked off before he was
able to make his "light-weight" contributions with his fiberglass
fabrication skills.  Once he was gone, we were back to using the
parts Jesse and his garage crew wanted to use; heavy steel parts.
Sorry, I digress.  You can read my side on the DC website.

If you check through some of the Pictures of the Month archives
on the DMCNews website, you'll notice I have plenty of damaged
underbodies at my disposal as well, but I would be fine using a
damaged underbody that Don has laying around as well.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_g...>

Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 04:08:24 -0000
From: "likl3189" <mannyone_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Door openers and alarm sys

Just finished Installing DPNW Deluxe system with door opening
actuators and 2 more actuators to replace the problem causing
door lock solenoids,also installed a two stage sensor that plugs
in to the controller so that when some one comes near the car
it starts to chirp, the alarm system has all the features of a modern
system keyless entry,trunk open and window roll down capability if
you want them etc.
The awsome part is the the door opening, from the remote I can open
lh door,rh door or both together, they open all the way up without
applying any force at the top.(you can only do this with a gull wing)
My doors now open better than manually, maybe because of the light
weight of the actuators against the heavyweight of the solenoids that
were removed, no torsion bar adjustments were needed in my case.
Toby from DPNW was very helpful and prompt in solving a couple of
problems I had.
This is not a plug and play system, but the instructions are very
explicit and easy to follow.
The whole system as I installed it, cost a little over $400 ,check
delorean-parts.com  Wings aloft section for exact prices.

I know this has been posted before, but this is a brand new unit
just installed at todays' prices.
It's a great winter project if you have a garage.

Manny Sajiun

Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 04:12:03 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Dani's Carbureted PRV

What are you going to use for an intake manifold? I've been trying for
a year to rustle up some Volvo A Series with no success. Several
owners are interested in trying carburetion (it's NOT a permanent
modification -- engine is easily returnable to K Jetronic) but bolt up
intake manifolds are the big stumbling block.

You're not going with one of the Renault high performance setups, are
you? (Be aware Renault compression is 9.5:1).

Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 23:49:55 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

These guys are in Atlanta

Hill Valley Preservation society

They are affordable and we have talked but it seems that we have a group that
is not interested in music and so we will not have a band and the DJ will be
outside only.

I guess we are becoming of the Geritol age and should look at bingo instead

I like music
Grew up in the 60's and 70's and am not ready for the rocking chair yet and I
do not have a hearing aid although my wife says I don't hear what she says.

Don't take the comments too serious I am just having some fun with some of
the people that posted and they know who they are.  You get  your shots in and I
am entitled to mine LOL

I do like bands
and if it were me I would crank it

Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 23:57:12 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: DCS Music.. A suggestion from a while BACK

In a message dated 1/8/05 11:35:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net writes:

> On a similar note, a Chicago based group, "The Deloreans" would
> have made a great choice for the Chicago show, but the website
> for the band is no longer up and there was word about the band
> breaking up last year.  I could not find any recent info on them.

We talked to them and had an article for the magazine ready to go and they
informed us that they were disbanding.

We still have their number and if they get back together we will feature the
artilcle

Josh do we still have the article

reply private please.

maybe we do it anyway

Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 23:37:09 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Rich W. hovercraft

There is a thing here that is of interest and that is Bodies of the car being
destroyed

I have four bodies and only one and maybe two are worth anything.

Most tubs when I get them are so damaged that they are not worth salvaging .
Floor chattered, roof cracked seriously, crushed front ends and rear ends
ect.

I have two that one individual is interested in and if so they are welcome to
them

Personally I would not sell the others as a complete tubs and would question
the saftey if they were used.

Tubs are all around Its getting them to someone that can use them that is
important

I saw the stuff used on Monster Garage for the most part the repair to the
parts are worth as much as the parts

We had one rear quarter fixed and it cost me $600 or so
I can get a rear quarter for that and have sold them for less so sometimes
the panels are just not worth it.

As far as the Monster Garage Show

If it had worked everyone would be singing another tune
It was unfortunate but as the Navy hovercraft specialist said they were close

That show was more of a low for Jesse than Rich
Jesse ended up apoligizing for that show, he had no interest in the show, he
kicked off one person, changed personel last minute ( I even got a call at
11:30PM Saturday night asking me to bet there no later than 10AM Sunday)
Jesse did what he could do to sabatoge this project and it showed.

But back to basics

I have a ton of parts that really have no value because of the state of
damage.  We also have plenty of most of the parts so its doubtful any car suffered
by the parts used now being gone.

Anyway my point is don't be so critical of Rich
We all would have jumped at a chance to do Monster Garage and at taht point
no one would have dreamed it would have turned out the way it did.

Richs record on the D rex and other projects are a tribute to the community
We all learn from it good and bad so thanks Rich

Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 05:30:59 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Dani's New Engine

Why don't you buy a running Volvo and transfer the block (you'll have
to swap your lower engine casting or make some custom motor mounts --
Volvo's bolt on traditionally vs cast bosses). Very affordable: a '76
260 (B27F) went for $800 on eBay last month. A running Volvo would
allow you to drive your new engine home rather than haul it, and test
it out in the process.

Doesn't help the manifold situation I know, but at least you'd have an
engine ready to go.

Irrespective of performance merits of carburetion vs fuel injection, a
carb is much less expensive. My conversion cost less than $300 start
to finish.

And there's absolutely no comparison between them Re: access for
maintenance. At Pigeon Forge I popped my intake manifold off to
retrieve a dropped screwdriver (that's how accessible the Valley of
Death is) *WHILE* pumping gas. Of course the ignition distributor,
clutch slave, heater core shutoff valve, etc are all laid bare. My
fuel filter is a simple cartridge located in the engine compartment,
held to standard low PSI rubber lines with squeeze clamps. Vacuum
system consists of just two hoses -- one ported directly to the
distributor and one full directly to the brake booster/HVAC ducting
(Tee'd after a check valve). PCV was retained with a traditional valve
rather than the calibrated nipple.

Contact me off List when you're ready to start the conversion:
brobertson(at)carolina.net.

Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 06:30:39 -0000
From: "ashtonorlan" <ashtonorlan_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Colored Fuel Lines (BLUE)

I am replacing all of my original D Fuel lines with new ones. I dont
feel the stainless are my thing, so I am looking abroad.
Does anyone know the exact measurements of the fuel lines, inner,
outer and length of each, and also where one can get colored fuel
lines that will accept a banjo fitting. I just want to do the main 6.
These are what I found thus far.

http://rotor.com.sg/fuelacclist.htm

Just dont know what to order...any help Rocks!

Brian D, With the coolest D.

Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 05:53:56 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

I have been searching for almost a year as well for the Volvo A series
manifold since it's very practical; it bolts right on, and you've
mentioned that with an adaptor a Ford Carb will work. AND like you
said, if I don't like the results it can be converted back. If ANYONE
has this manifold PLEASE drop me a line!! Seems that these are rare to
be in the US, perhaps I'd have better luck seeking in Europe.
-----Dani B. #5003

Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 02:29:21 -0600
From: Nathan Robinson <nathanrobinson_at_dml_gmail.com>

As for parts, try Ken Garff, Volvo dept in Utah. (I don't have their
phone # off hand.) The D has the same engine (with slight
modifications) as production '80 - '82 Volvo 260's (the B28F engine -
2.8L, the B280 was '86-93ish - 2.8L, and the B27F was late 70's -
2.7L). Their prices are good. I got cams, chains, rockers, valves, and
rods (IIRC) for around $480. Granted, Volvo had to REMANUFACTURE
another RHS cam for me, as no dealer I could find had any. You should
be able to get cylinder sleeves pretty cheap from them.

Nathan Robinson
No D, but I do have a Volvo 260, with the PRV-6.

If you do get new stuff, make sure to get new cam chain
tensioners/oilers (Larger oil openings). The early B28F had problems
with that area that was later fixed in the B280. Also, if you plan on
having the engine a long time, it might be worth it to cut holes in
the chain covers over the cam tensioners and install aluminum covers
so you can easily check the tensioners without having to completely
take the cover off.

As for idling problems, check the idle circuit and injector. It might
be gummed up. You also might want to check into Volvo's engine service
manual for the B28F engine.

Note: I am spankin' new to this list, however, my dad and I spent the
last two years restoring a '80 Volvo 264 GLE. We now know more about
that damn engine than either one of us want to.

Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 02:49:05 -0800 (PST)
From: Sean Mulligan <sean_mulligan_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: DCS Music.

I've got a band and own a DeLorean.  If anyone is
interested in original rock/british invasion music let
me know.  It's a band called The Bulldogs.  We're
based out of Central Wisconsin, but could definately
make the trek to Chicago.  I'm sure we'd be a good
deal.  ;)

-Sean Mulligan
 vin #10054

--- Gary Hull <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com> wrote:

> The other disadvantage of having a band/entertainer
> during the "conversation
> period" is that they tend to get offended if people
> don't pay attention to
> them (not to mention any names from the last show
> :-)
>
> Gary
> IN2TIME

> team, please address:

> sale see www.dmcnews.com

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com

Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 14:58:04 -0000
From: "birdwell77095" <birdwells_at_dml_usa.net>
Subject: Non Start Problem - Transmission Related?

Since I've had the car, I've had situations in which the car will not
start. The motor won't turn over. Nothing happens when I turn the
key. The lights and all the battery operated items work fine. In some
cases I can push the car a few few or move the automatic shifter a
few times then the car will start. Yesterday I had the same problem.
I played with the shifter and tried moving the car back and forth but
it still wouldn't start. So I played with the fuses and lot of
connectors in the engine. I cleaned them up and put dielectric grease
on them. Then I tried starting the car and it started fine. As I was
driving away I noticed that the transmission stayed in one gear. This
has happened before so I checked the #13 fuse and it was blowned. I
replaced the fuse and the car now shifts normally. Can the fuse
get "worn" so that the car won't start?

In an normal automatic car the car won't start if the car thinks it's
in gear. Is there something causing the Delorean to think it's in
gear so it won't start? How do I fix it?

Shannon