From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2415
Date: Monday, January 10, 2005 6:48 PM

1. RE: Armor All on Stainless
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

2. Re: Armor All on Stainless
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

3. Re: Your help is needed in the Chonology Listing
From: "gzapf" <x86Daddy_at_dml_myrealbox.com>

4. Re: Armor All on Stainless
From: "azman3us" <azman3us_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: Re: Armor All on Stainless
From: "Bruce Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

6. Re: DeLorean Car Show
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

7. Re: Re: a few nit picks
From: Darryl Givens <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:30:20 -0600
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>
Subject: RE: Armor All on Stainless

If soap and water won't get the armor-all off, try some alcohol or other
solvent.
Scott Mueller 002981

Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:37:48 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

Try acetone or mineral spirits.  It won't hurt the stanless.

Johnny
5518

Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:38:29 -0000
From: "gzapf" <x86Daddy_at_dml_myrealbox.com>
Subject: Re: Your help is needed in the Chonology Listing

( Moderator's note: It would be better to send these directly to Shannon at birdwell(at) usa.net. That way she's sure to get the information. I'll forward what is currently in the queue. )

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "birdwell77095" <birdwells_at_dml_u...> wrote:

> I've been helping Knut Grimsrud add VINs to the Delorean chronology
> listing. The information published so far can be found at
> http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/n_chron.htm (click on lower left picture
> to get pdf file with list). Information we're looking for is VIN
> number, interior color (black or gray), transmission type (auto or 5
> speed) and location. Please check the list to see if your car is
> listed. Let me know by private email if your car is missing or if any
> of the information is wrong. Tell me the last four or five digits of
> the VIN and any additional information you have. Also, I need the
> same information on any Deloreans that are no longer in service such
> as those in junkyards, parted out, etc. Thanks for your help.
>
> SHannon
> VIN 16113

I own 2894, currently in Memphis, TN.  Still Black Interior, Auto.
Previous owner swapped the hood with a non-lined, no gasflap version.

--Greg

Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:53:37 -0000
From: "azman3us" <azman3us_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Any Windex type of product will remove the overspray.  The other
trick is use a good micro fiber cloth (think Scotch-Brite) as it
does a great job with the window cleaning products. It also can be
washed over and over (no bleach).

Randal The 3M Guy
AZ-D Prez
5501

Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:27:12 -0600
From: "Bruce Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Armor All on Stainless

Acetone will harm any plastic it touches. A good product for wiping off
sealers and items like Armor All is Coleman Lantern Fuel. It is very
flammable so care should be taken but it evaporates quickly. It's a highly
refined white gas and won't harm plastic, vinyl or upholstery. I've seen
white gas used in Ford plants to clean excess sealer from auto interiors
and painted surfaces. Just wear rubber gloves and don't smoke!

Bruce Benson

Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:47:27 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Car Show

Ken and others,

Ken mentioned not knowing the status of power availability at
the PR Resort, so I thought I would address part of the issue.

There is AC power in the lot we plan to use Thursday night at
DCS 2006, but as Ken already knows, the lot we plan to use on
Friday and Saturday has not been built/paved/landscaped yet,
so power is available for a DJ outdoors on Thursday, so far.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, kKoncelik_at_dml_a... wrote:

> snip <
>
> Less people at the vendor sales and tech sessions means they are
less  likely
> to make money and less likely to return if sales are off.
>
> snip <

I think the vendors may be able to do better or more sales if they
could setup and sell their parts at a time other than the car show
itself, such as the day before (during the driving tour, maybe).
This would allow vendors to mingle with car owners during the show.
Additional sales time could be made available during the show too,
but I know a lot of this would depend on the weather that week.

Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:52:37 -0800 (PST)
From: Darryl Givens <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: a few nit picks

I did use a vendor clutch kit, I know he said that he replaced the seal along with installing everything. But it is leaking from what seems to be the rear also a small puddle forms underneath it, I assumed it may just be the way its dripping down. (I hope)

I have the 180 amp from GM, the mechainc did all of the work, but if you do have the instructions, maybe I can take a look, I'm not very good at that stuff but I can always pass it along.

The distrubitor isn't leaking at all, he said that there is a pin that alows a plate of some kind to move (sorry for being so general but I'm pretty bad at this stuff at the moment) and the pin is bent out of shape, what happnes is when the car starts it could be cold or hot and the car will start fine but once you push the gas and let of the clutch the car will hesitate. If you rev the engine it smooths out, if I don't rev it it will stall. It did it with both tranny set ups.

Thanks,

Darryl VIN 5898