From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2417
Date: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 7:23 PM

1. AW: Door openers and alarm sys
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

2. Re: Prototype 1 is on Ebay.
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

3. RE: Replacing Reverse Light Switch
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

4. Re: Monster Nation - Rich W.'s Delorean Projects (Jan. 2005)
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

5. Re: Prototype 1 is on Ebay.
From: "Michael C. Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>

6. A/C Fan
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

7. Re: Prototype 1 is on Ebay.
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Re: Prototype 1 is on Ebay.
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. proto delorean
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

10. Alternative fuel
From: "Nun Yah" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: Prototype 1 is on Ebay.
From: "aaron_t_graham" <aaron_t_graham_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:05:35 +0100
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>
Subject: AW: Door openers and alarm sys

If you want the delux system with door openers, alarm and all those toys -
yes,
you have to cut about 2-4 wires. Or you go the hard way and install two
extra wires
from the T-Top inside the car, then you can save two wires but have a lot
more work.

Is it worth it ?

YES ABSOLUTELY !

Elvis & 6548

Did this system require cutting or destruction of the original wiring
harness?

JEff

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:38:42 -0500
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Prototype 1 is on Ebay.

I wonder what the reserve is?
Hopefully we can find out who buys it so it can make an appearance at Pheasant Run! That's the only thing that could top BOTH Legend Turbos in the same building!

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:11:18 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: RE: Replacing Reverse Light Switch

Greg,

Penetrating fluid will not adversely affect the transmission in any way. I
wouldn't suggest that you attempt to seal the boot. Although this sounds
like a good idea it falls in the same category as the epoxy frame coating.
There is a good chance that sometime in the future water will find its way
into the boot. The result would be accelerated corrosion of the switch
electrical connectors.

DMC Joe

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:17:41 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Monster Nation - Rich W.'s Delorean Projects (Jan. 2005)

david 20 m wisconsin (and others),

Everyone has their opinions, but in the future, please use some
punctuation and a few caps, so it is easier to read yours.
Also, keep in mind, you replied to a Monster Nation post, yet
most (all?) of your opinion is based on a Monster Garage show.

Nothing was destroyed or killed (except bugs on the windshield)
during the filming of Monster Nation last summer.  Most of the
vehicles from my Delorean Projects collection have been built
from much less than perfect cars and in some cases, scrap parts
that would have ended up in land-fills long ago if I did not
take them in, so please keep things in perspective.

If you have not seen my Monster Nation show (not Monster Garage)
check it out Jan 24 2005 _at_dml_ 05:00 PM Eastern Monster Nation #28.

As for the Delorean Hovercrafts and John Delorean's intentions,
you may be interested to know that John was invited, but could
not attend the filming, but Kathryn Delorean did stop by the
first day of filming.  Kathryn Delorean also presented me with
the John Z. Delorean award at the Memphis show for the D Rex,
on behalf of John, who said he would have really liked to see.

Using your logic, since John Delorean did not build Delorean
Time Machines, people should not build those either and most
certainly not make movies with them.  If I'm not mistaken,
John sent Bob Gale a nice note, thanking him for his work.
Even though several Deloreans were sacrificed to make the
BTTF movies, but that must be OK since the movies went well.

As for the Monster Garage Delorean Hovercraft show, I did not
intend for the car to be damaged or destroyed, much like VB,
Josh and many others did not intend to wreck their Deloreans
over the years, just in driving them, as they were intended.
(well, except for Josh driving/parking IN the motel room, LOL)
Its possible the MG folks 'intended' the hover build to fail.

I would recommend that David (and others) not continue to dwell
on the negative (Monster Garage Delorean Hovercraft results) and
focus on the positive (Monster Nation, local car shows, etc.).
Look at the big picture and do not dwell on the past.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, david a <david1fa_at_dml_y...> wrote:

> attention anybody who reads this my name is david 20 m wisconsin
it has been my dream sence i was in diapers to one day own a
delorean and i just cant stand to see anymore destroyed that mg
episode was a total waste in my opinion why must these guys who got
lots of cash buy these beauitiful autos and destroy them i could
understand better if they were more mass produced but please there
seems to be fewer out there every day there is no need to wreck such
a beauitiful car in such a careless and greedy fashion i've been
saving for one for years now and by the time i get enough to
purchase one there probily wont be any left! please guys quit
killing them show a little courtesy to the next gen of delorean
owners if john z delorean wanted hovercrafts he would have built
them in the first place if there is anybody else out there who feels
this way please write me at david1fa_at_dml_y...

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:32:04 -0500
From: "Michael C. Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>

Ken,

Can you squeeze this in the budget for the next car show?  ;)

This is going to be an interesting auction to keep track of.

Michael

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:21:37 -0000, delowalk <delowalk_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> ViewItem&rd=1&item=4518870535&category=31830

Michael C. Babb

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:15:49 +0100
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>
Subject: A/C Fan

Can somebody tell me exactly how many Amps the
interior fan (A/C-Fan) draws on max speed ?

(Can't measure it on mine because it's stored for
the winter)

Elvis

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:19:55 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Both??

In Pigeon Forge there were THREE Legend turbos in the
same building...

And, early last year there was a day when 5 Legend
engines were in the same building at one time.

--- Soma576_at_dml_aol.com wrote:

> I wonder what the reserve is?
> Hopefully we can find out who buys it so it can make
> an appearance at Pheasant Run! That's the only thing
> that could top BOTH Legend Turbos in the same
> building!
>
> Andy

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:21:23 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

No, John Delorean driving up to the show in this car fully restored
would top everything else...hands down!  Maybe the only thing to top
that would be to have Christina Ferrari show up in the passenger seat.

Erik

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:23:39 +0000
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: proto delorean

I e-mailed the owner
I have the same pictures he has of the car and when I asked for more information and if he know Sasha this is all that came back

OWNER RESPONDS....

YES I KNOW HIM. GREAT MAN!

WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THE CAR?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST

I would think the response would have been a bit more informative.

I think I will try to get a hold of Sasha and see if this deal is for real.

Sasha if you monitor this list can you e-mail me

thanks

Ken\

PS if it is for real anyone want to go in with me and get it for the Car Show I am not in a good cash position right now to buy it outright.

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:34:28 -0000
From: "Nun Yah" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Alternative fuel

 I was reading in one of my DeLorean books that Mr. DeLorean was
working on alternative fuels. I had a brainstorm that I was wanting
to get some insight on if it is possible. What if someone would take
the wind farm windmill idea and modified it so it could fit in a car?
Put some recharchable batteries in the back that start the car and
the accessories. I know it will take alot of batteries but maybe if
someone were to make a good design maybe they would not need all the
batteries. I am woking on a design to post in the photo section.  I
think it will work but want some educated guesses. It's time to go to
work so if this is approved by the moderators then I continue from
there.

   -Josh

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:38:31 -0000
From: "aaron_t_graham" <aaron_t_graham_at_dml_yahoo.com>

There are lots of pictures of this car in the "Stainless Steel
Illusion" book.  In fact, everything he says in the auction listing
lines up with what is printed in SSI.  I recognize the steering wheel
with air bag unit, the big knee bar, and the wheels.  I wish he had a
picture of the front of the car, it should have a "JZD" emblem instead
of "DMC" if I remember correctly (I don't have my SSI book with me
right now).

Aaron