From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2419
Date: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 7:56 PM

1. RE: Anyone planning to attend this car show in SC?
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

2. Re: Super Charged PRV
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

3. Re: Prototype 1 is on Ebay.
From: "Eric" <hollywood2311_at_dml_gmail.com>

4. Need Help
From: "deloreand" <ed_at_dml_dmc-service.nl>

5. Prototype car and engine teardown
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: Prototype 1 is on Ebay.
From: "Dave" <v-davidj_at_dml_microsoft.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:17:53 -0500
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>
Subject: RE: Anyone planning to attend this car show in SC?

I've been to it before. It's never been all that exciting.

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:01:41 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Super Charged PRV

I;m familiar with that installation, in fact it's probably a picture
I took at a local car show and had on the web for a while. The
installation is a one-off, using a Powerdyne (common on Mustangs)
blower mounted using a hand-made bracket. It's a very simple
installation assuming you have a machine shop handy. Involved adding
a serpentine belt pulley on the crank, moving the collant bottle, and
routing the outlet of the blower to the inlet of the engine. The
intake is a K&N Filter hanging from the back of the blower, i.e. no
cold air intake here although it could have been done with some
cutting.

The funny thing is that by removing the belt and the elbow that
connected the blower to the engine, it goes right back to naturally
aspirated and runs like a normal DeLorean. I'm sure he did some of
the turbo-hacks that have to do with timing, but I don't recall the
details.

Dyno curves from this install are on www.dmcnews.com on the "misc
links" section. Compared to a turbo, overall HP was the same but it
came on a bit lower in the power curve. I have not seen this car for
sevaral years, it is in the Chicago area but the owner is no longer a
participant in club events and not on the DML.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_h...>

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:40:58 -0000
From: "Eric" <hollywood2311_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Prototype 1 is on Ebay.

Now the prototype is gone...

A fake, possibly?

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:45:36 -0000
From: "deloreand" <ed_at_dml_dmc-service.nl>
Subject: Need Help

I need a little help from someone in the area of Orlanda, Florida. |I
try to ship over my Delorean to Europe but the cludge failed. It needs
to be bleeded but the guy who will ship the car cannot find the
bleeding screw.

If you can help me out, please contact me on my private address or
call Benny Vos, Montverde (Florida) 352-874 1785.

Thanks!
Ed

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:40:25 -0500
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Prototype car and engine teardown

I talked to someone that knows the owner of the car and yes the e-bay sale is legit so go for it and whomever gets it please bring it to Pheasant run

next

I started my first full engine teardown on the DeLorean and so far have been pleasantly surprised.

Although I have replaced seals before the front pulley on this car came off easily.  I have two others that I am still wrestling with. (need an air impact driver)

The heads came off and we had seen water in the oil.
As it turns out the cylinders appear to be almost (within .0005) flush to the block and should be up .003-.005 on two of the cylinders but it did not appear to be leaking from the head.  No visible burning all the way through or water so best guess is that the bottom seal is leaking.

So instead of an easy head gasket replacemnt we are just going to tear it down and do a total engine rebuild.

To see this in segments we will publish photos and some of the steps in DCS magazine starting in April.

Eventhough this engine leaked everything looked in good condition

One weird note
>From the factory they did not put the timing chain on right.
The timing gears all were in the correct position on the left bank but the marks were off one tooth.

No the car was not out of time nor did the chain jump it was just off. The right bank lined up perfect as it should.

The 150 degree offset is a bit weird but this is still a lot easier to work on than my Jaguar engine was.

Ken
Restoring yet another car.

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:02:40 -0000
From: "Dave" <v-davidj_at_dml_microsoft.com>

As one of the people seriously bidding on this car, I did my homework
before making any bids.  After verification from reliable sources, and
talking first hand with the owner of the car, I believe the auction to
have been the real deal.  It is my suspicion that someone made a solid
offer on the car, and the auction was ended.  (Possibly to save on
eBay fees had the reserve been met?)

If the auction was a farce, I can assure you that no money would have
left my bank account until I was sitting in the car and looking at a
legal receipt of sale.

I am hoping that the new owner is on this alias and won't pull a
Houdini with the car.  This car should be in the public and shared
with this more than deserving group of DeLorean enthusiasts.

Thanks!
Dave Jacobs