From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2423
Date: Friday, January 14, 2005 6:50 PM

1. RE: RE: Super Charged PRV
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

2. Project Vixen Site Store
From: "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand_at_dml_forwardlook.net>

3. ST Patricks Day Parade in Springfield, Missouri
From: "wayofcain" <wayofcain_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: Draining and Replacing Delorean Antifreeze
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

5. Re: Re: Opinions on this car?
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: Removing the DeLorean radio
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

7. Re: Re: Removing the DeLorean radio
From: "Bruce Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

8. Re: Delorean exhaust
From: mike p <cambpd_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Super Charged/EFI
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

10. Re: ST Patricks Day Parade in Springfield, Missouri
From: "wayofcain" <wayofcain_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: Draining and Replacing Delorean Antifreeze
From: mike p <cambpd_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: Re: Draining and Replacing Delorean Antifreeze
From: mike p <cambpd_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Re: Re: Opinions on this car?
From: "Brent W. Lundgren" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>

14. RE: Super Charged/EFI
From: nicholden_at_dml_yahoo.com

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:03:10 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: RE: Super Charged PRV

Nick,
If you or any in the group need information as such on the Bosch # below, I
have a Bosch parts program so I can look up parts that Bosch has for cars
world wide. The injectors you listed below were used on a 89 Buick Park Ave.

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:04:51 -0500
From: "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand_at_dml_forwardlook.net>
Subject: Project Vixen Site Store

Hi All,

I whipped up a little site store for ProjectVixen.com... at
<http://www.projectvixen.com/sitestore/>
http://www.projectvixen.com/sitestore/  There's nothing earth-shattering
there, but I did pull together a nice little collection of things -- a great
place to point someone for gift ideas.

There are a bunch of odds & ends (or bits & bobs for you Brits), but
primarily it's a place to put my DMC car cover links.  I'm set up to sell
CoverCraft custom-fit DMC covers in 17 different fabrics and colors.  I have
these covers on 4 of my cars, and they really are a great fit.  Well worth
the money spent.  There is also an order link for Houston's cover, which is
also a great item.  There are many different environments that car covers
may be subjected to, and we have a cover for just about all of them.  Stop
in and compare the choices.

If anyone has any questions, please drop me an email.

-Dave Stragand
VIN #05927

*********
Books - We are partnered with MotorBooks International, Amazon and Barnes &
Noble to give you the best prices.

Car Covers - Custom-fitted car covers for your DeLorean by Covercraft and
DMC Houston -- in your choice of fabrics & colors!

Care Products - Products especially designed for the care of your DeLorean's
appearance

Headliners - Headliner material and adhesives. Do it yourself, and save!

Magazines - We are partnered with Magazinia.com and Magmall.com to give you
the best prices and selection.

Paints and Coatings - Specialized paints and coatings from Eastwood and
others.

Parts - New - Those hard-to-find engine, suspension & brake parts.

Posters - Decorate your wall with pictures of our favorite vehicle.

Tools - Specialized tools for restoration and maintenance.

Videos & Music - Videos and Music CDs featuring the DeLorean.

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:20:31 -0000
From: "wayofcain" <wayofcain_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: ST Patricks Day Parade in Springfield, Missouri

I would like to invite all owners in or near Springfield, Missouri
over to display our cars in the St. Patricks day Parade which will
most likely be held on Saturday February 12th. I really hope to get a
few in there, especially since I am the only one in the area who
actually drives my Delorean.

If interested in showing your "products of Ireland" Please contact me
off list. wayofcain(at)aol.com

Thank you,
Cain Grimes.

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:31:45 -0500
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Draining and Replacing Delorean Antifreeze

What I do, and this may be subject to dispute, is jack the car up on jack
stands, all four wheels, and break into one or more coolant pipe sections
under the car by loosening the clamps on the rubber hose sections. And then
stand back. There is no easy way of draining the system. I think most people
have added drain valves of some sort so they don't have the mess of coolant
going everywhere. You may want to also start replacing some of the rubber
hose pieces at this time. Grady has a nice hose kit.

Dave Sontos
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:34:40 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Opinions on this car?

I did not see these photos, but DeLorean seats are
supposed to have wrinkles..  As they age and dry out
they become smooth.

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:46:24 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Removing the DeLorean radio

You can take the radio out working through the air vents but it is
difficult and even harder to get it back together. I recomend removing
the whole center console. I doesn't take that long and it gives you
full access. I also suggest removing at least one of the seats. It is
only 4 nuts and they come out in a minute. Don't forget the 2
sheetmetal screws from the left and right knee bolsters going into the
console. After removing the console you will find the in-line fuses on
the right side just rear of the radio. The radio is also held up in
the rear by a bracket so don't try to remove it until you remove the
nut holding it to that bracket. It is bad practice to use a battery
charger to power a car without a battery. The ripple from the charger
(it isn't perfect DC) will damage other things besides the radio. The
radio has diodes inside that are supposed to protect it from reverse
polarity but they may not have. Any good radio shop should be able to
fix it. If it is a Craig they may not be able to get the display to
work if it is dead.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Robert J. Wilson" <rjwilson62_at_dml_y...>

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:03:12 -0600
From: "Bruce Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Removing the DeLorean radio

The air conditioning center grille is held in place by four small barbs, two
along each side. It can be removed by carefully prying slightly inward along
each side with a small screw driver. You'll find rubber boots behind that
which connect it to the air ducts coming from the climate control system.
They just pull out. The radio has a metal brace that attaches the back of
the radio to the underside of the top of the dash. That is a bit tough to
get loose but it can be done with a little patience. Then, after pulling the
radio knobs off and removing the nuts behind them, push the radio rearward
and then up through the vent opening. Installing is the reverse. The hard
part is getting the rubber boots to line up with the vents . Install them on
the climate control air ducts behind the dash first. Then it's possible to
carefully remove the vent grates from their frame by very carefully prying
the sides of the frame outward and pivoting the grates out from one side
first. This makes it much easier to get the boots back on the vent frame.
Then carefully install the grates. Just remember that plastic breaks
relatively easy so be patient and go slow.

Bruce Benson

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:19:15 -0800 (PST)
From: mike p <cambpd_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean exhaust

Hi Andy,
I need to replace the exhaust system on my Delorean.
Can you please give me details of your custom exhaust
and how to purchase one?

http://my.yahoo.com

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:49:38 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Super Charged/EFI

The Eagle Premier is a Renault engine and the injectors fire into the
intake manifold just inboard of the inlet ports on the head. The heads
themselves have no holes for injectors however they do have the mounts
for the DeLorean intake manifold, and vice-versa. I don't know if the
DeLorean's cams will fit in the Renault/Eagle engine to allow the
Renault heads to be used on the DeLo's odd-fire block (all the EFI PRV's
are even-fire - the shared journal on the crank has an offest between
shells)

Martin

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:00:51 -0000
From: "wayofcain" <wayofcain_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Correction Saturday March 12th.

Cain Grimes
002835

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:21:27 -0800 (PST)
From: mike p <cambpd_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Thanks Dave! I will follow your advice and will first
see if there has been a drain valve installed for the
antifreeze.

Mike
vin5781

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:24:00 -0800 (PST)
From: mike p <cambpd_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Thanks Johnny!  Will follow your advice!

Mike
vin5781

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:31:16 -0500
From: "Brent W. Lundgren" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>

Does anyone have any opinion of "reconstructed" titles?

I purchased my "D" from an owner in Maryland who had purchased it from an
owner in Pennsylvania.  When I re-registered the car in Pennsylvania, the
title came back as "reconstructed".  Sometime in it's past it had been hit
in the right front.  Since I have owned it, I have gotten a clean bill of
health from Rob Grady.

Brent Lundgren
VIN #17006 (SS Louvers)

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:12:13 -0000
From: nicholden_at_dml_yahoo.com

Hi Mark,

I had contacted Jim about what injectors he used and looked into
sourcing them over here. I could have got them in the end but they
still wern't as long as these injectors after the modification +
these had a slightly higher flow rate. Jim said that is was also a
concern for him about the injectors spraying inside the tube but said
he experienced no problem with that. For the small amount of extra
work i feel alot happier that these ones are spraying directly into
the chamber now. Only time will tell how sucessful i have been! will
keep you posted.

Cheers,Nick 10927

From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Subject: Super Charged/EFI