From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2441
Date: Friday, January 21, 2005 8:16 PM

1. Additional Thought Re: Ignition Timing (David T)
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. DeLorean requested for State Fram Founder's Day celebrations
From: "ksgrimsr" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com>

3. Re: Individual car history
From: "p12c16" <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:18:56 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Additional Thought Re: Ignition Timing (David T)

On most motors you can line the distributer up and make any point on
the cap # 1 cyl and let the rest follow in the firing order. All of
the points on the distributor are symetrical. On cars with the numbers
actually molded in you MUST be very careful. On old VW's the #3
cylinder is slightly out of position so as to be retarded from the
others. That cylinder always ran hot so Volkswagon's fix was to retard
the timing on that cylinder so it would run cooler. It cut power a
little too. If a mechanic didn't notice and instead wired the
distributer up so the #3 spot on the cap went to a different cylinder
(and still kept the firing order right) you would burn up the #3
cylinder. I may be wrong on the PRV and the unsymetrical positioning
may be entirely due to the odd-fire arrrangement. In any case you must
respect the numbering on the cap and make sure each wire goes to the
right place. Not making the #1 position actually go to the #1 cylinder
is going to cause you problems! I may have given the right advice for
the wrong reason. Although the cap is keyed it is possible to stick
the ignition wires in any position. BTW this is also why the gaps on
the impluse coil are not symetrical either.

Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:29:37 -0000
From: "ksgrimsr" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com>
Subject: DeLorean requested for State Fram Founder's Day celebrations

Hi Folks,

I received a call from State Farm that they are seeking a DeLorean
to be part of an exhibit and celebration for a couple corporate
events they are putting on. This is part of their Founder's Day
Celebration that they are organizing.

They have two events they are seeking a DeLorean for:

June 7th 11am-2pm in Salem Oregon. About 500 people expected
June 8th 11am-2pm in Dupont Washington. About 1000 people expected

Lunch will be provided. The setting will include a number of other
classic cars on display as well.

If you are interested in participating in the State Farm exhibit,
please drop me a note and I'll get you directly connected with the
State Farm event organizers.

      Knut

Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:26:21 -0000
From: "p12c16" <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Individual car history

When I first got my car I unscrewed and lifted out the coin tray and found a brand new lit
door key hidden underneath it.  I'm not sure why on earth a door key would be hidden
underneath the coin tray inside the car, but it was there.  Anyone else find one hidden in
the same spot?  Maybe it came from the factory or dealership like that.  Go rip out the
tray---see whats hidden below it.  And no cocaine jokes please.  :)

Patrick
1880