From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2448
Date: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 1:30 PM

1. DMC (Texas) Addresses SonnyV
From: "swynnedmc" <stephen_at_dml_usadmc.com>

2. Re: DeLorean requested for State Fram Founder's Day celebrations
From: Murray Fisher <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>

3. Re: DMCH performane engine
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Re: Re: 3 post idle microswitch
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

5. Re: DeLorean requested for State Fram Founder's Day celebrations
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: DMCH performane engine
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

7. Re: DMCH performane engine
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Re: DMCH performane engine
From: "marktwigger_at_dml_juno.com" <marktwigger_at_dml_juno.com>

9. Re: DMC (Texas) Addresses SonnyV
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

10. Re: Re: HID Lights
From: Nathan Robinson <nathanrobinson_at_dml_gmail.com>

11. Re: Re: another site that explains HID vs. halogen
From: Nathan Robinson <nathanrobinson_at_dml_gmail.com>

12. RE: Proto 1 Looking for flap sander
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

13. Repair your auto shifter sliding cover
From: "gzapf" <x86Daddy_at_dml_myrealbox.com>

14. Re: Proto 1 Looking for flap sander
From: Kevin Milliken <kevin.milliken_at_dml_btinternet.com>

15. Brakes
From: "delorean3502" <delorean_at_dml_charter.net>

16. TURN SIGNALS
From: "Carl Davis" <carldavis_at_dml_familykia.com>

17. Re: Repair your auto shifter sliding cover
From: Murray Fisher <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>

18. Re: Brakes
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

19. Re: HID Lights
From: "turbodelorean" <dmcfan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

20. Re: another site that explains HID vs. halogen
From: "turbodelorean" <dmcfan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

21. DMCH Addresses SonnyV
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

22. Re: Re: HID Lights
From: Owen Emry <owen_at_dml_aerodrome.us>

23. Re: TURN SIGNALS
From: "Stephen Card" <stephen_at_dml_procomroofing.com>

24. eBay Car
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

25. Re: Repair your auto shifter sliding cover
From: "gzapf" <x86Daddy_at_dml_myrealbox.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:54:31 -0000
From: "swynnedmc" <stephen_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: DMC (Texas) Addresses SonnyV

In the early part of 2002, DMC (Texas) had watched with concern the
increasing amounts of misinformation and bad or outdated technical
advice that were being posted by individuals to the DML. Though the
individuals had good intentions and were probably doing nothing more
than repeating information they had read posted on the DML or
published elsewhere previously, it was troubling to us, as a company
that specializes in the proper repair and service of DeLoreans, to see
this trend.

While the collective DeLorean experience of the DMC (Texas) staff
exceeds 60 years, we also had a great concern that to unleash a flurry
of posts to the DML from the staff here would be perceived as a threat
to the DML, which had been founded on the idea that it would be free
of any direct or indirect ties to any particular "vendor".

The idea was floated that we create a profile of a typical DMC
customer, and use this profile to post answers and stimulate
conversation regarding various products and service being offered in
the DeLorean community. With my consent, and the rule that no
particular company or it's products would be singled out for criticism
or berated, "SonnyV" came into being.  This coincided with a period of
stronger than anticipated growth at DMC (Texas) and the idea was never
fully implemented, though over 18 months, about 15-20 messages were
sent to the DML from the "SonnyV" profile.

At one point in November of 2004, James prepared to post a response to
a message to the list on the subject of places to look when seeking to
buy a DeLorean. He was interrupted for a period of time, and when he
went to finish the posting, he finished the posting and signed it as
himself, rather the "SonnyV" pseudonym.

News of this became public in late November, while both James and I
were out of the country and unable to reliably access and respond to
emails. Upon our return the second week of December, things had "died
down" on the DML and it seemed that this had blown over and to post a
response would have only incited another round of messages on the subject.

We continued however, to monitor the sporadic messages that were being
posted and noted that most of them came from a very small minority of
list members. It was at that time the decision was made that James
would personally telephone those who contacted us directly, figuring
that those who were truly interested in the matter would take the
direct approach. Only one person contacted us directly on this subject.

The intent was not to deceive, though it now appears that deception
was the end result. DMC (Texas) and James Espey have great respect for
the owners of DeLoreans, whether or not they are clients of ours, and
extends apologies to those who were offended. An additional apology is
extended to the moderators who bore the brunt of the animosity
generated in the aftermath of this incident.

Any further comments or questions about this incident should be
directed either to myself or to James, and as with any comments or
questions you may have about DMC (Texas), our products and services,
we'll be more than happy to speak with you. During this whole debacle,
it was mentioned that some owners had not posted publicly or contacted
us for fear of reprisal or refusal to sell them parts in the future.
Nothing could be further from the truth and no one should have fear in
contacting us at anytime.

DMC (Texas) and it's staff will continue to act in the best interests
of the DeLorean community by continuing to service the needs of the
owners and enthusiasts through the sale of both reproduction and NOS
parts, accessories as well as sale, service and restoration of
DeLorean automobiles for owners all around the world.

Stephen Wynne
DeLorean Motor Company, Texas

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:40:05 -0800
From: Murray Fisher <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>
Subject: Re: DeLorean requested for State Fram Founder's Day celebrations

Dick,
    What is the minimum age....do you think I would qualify?
       Murray
       Vin: 05962
       DMC-XII

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:19:38 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: DMCH performane engine

Actually, DON'T buy a real Lambo, too much money and upkeep.
Get a decent replica and it will run better and costs less, then you could
afford to do a little
more to the DeLo.
It is fun to have a few cool cars instead of just one.
I have been driving my KNIGHT RIDER all week and I am loving that 350-V8
baby!
- VB

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:23:18 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Re: 3 post idle microswitch

This guy was treated  very unfairly buy some members of this forum
and i have to speak my mind about this subject.

Cain asked a simple question that deserved a simple answer, nothing
more.

If the simple answer was too hard for him to understand i am sure he
would of posted again stating he didnt understand what you meant.

This forum is starting to get filled with people assuming others are
idiots and dont know what they are doing.

Lets start giving straight to the point answers here and if we dont
understand the answers i am sure who ever doesn't understand will ask
you to explain then.

He didnt ask to diagnose the problem or even how to fish but he was
told how to.

Cain asked a simple question and he was treated like an idiot.

This was his simple question.....

  "I have a Specialtauto idle microswitch. The original microswitch has
  2 prongs. One the top it is labeled C and on the bottom it is labeled
  NC NO. On the SpecialTauto microswitch it has three prongs. Common,
  normally open and normally closed.

  Can someone using this microswitch tell me the proper connection,
  normally open or normally closed? "

Was this too hard for you all to answer normally open or normally
closed?

Mark V

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:28:26 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Murray

At your age there is little that you don't qualify for
- - and, at the same time, much tht you can't do even
if you do qualify for it!!!!

Seriously, there is one drawback to the AARP policy
through the Hartford.  Hartford recognizes that the
ability  eyes of older folks (starts at age 55)   to
let light in is very limited.  Thus, they, in turn,
limit night driving to those under 75.  Now you know
at least one of the reason that I married a younger
woman.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 03:28:59 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

Race car? I already have a race car....The engine, or the
Lamborghini-I'm not basing this purchase on speed whatsoever-thats not
what I'm interested in. What I am trying to gather here-is from those
who've purchased the engine, did you get 5 or 6K worth? or did you
expect it to be more...Also, I'm trying to figure if a DeLorean with a
stainless frame and performance engine will be worth as much as a mid
90's Lamborghini Diablo VT or Countach come 5-10 years. One things for
sure- DeLorean parts compared to Lambo parts are MUCH less expensive!
-----Dani B. #5003

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:32:29 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Quite right - - HOWEVER, even considering the $$$$$$
spent on the Lambo, it won't have the mystique and
chache of the D.

Just my VERY personal 2¢

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 03:45:41 GMT
From: "marktwigger_at_dml_juno.com" <marktwigger_at_dml_juno.com>

Well if you have the money go for the lambo. In 10 years time a Diablo will be worth quite a bit saying its out of production and is still being voted in the top 5 exotics of all time.

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 03:55:17 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: DMC (Texas) Addresses SonnyV

"The road to Hell is paved with "Good Intentions"". Better late than
never but it would have had a greater effect if it was timely. I also
seem to remember that there was an attempt to make us believe that
sonnyv was a real person and we were confusing him with someone else.
The moderators cut out so many responses to this that it is not
exactly clear how this evolved except that Mark Levy was the only
person to call sonnyv on it and no one wanted to believe him. In any
case Stephen deserves some respect for finally coming foward and
clearing this up but I would like to have heard from James too. I
would have to assume Stephen is talking for DMCH and that would have
to include James.
 On the subject of misinformation, they have a way of clearing up
eventually. When I get called for an error the following posts will
correct me as is usually the case for most errors. The real problem is
once you hit "SEND" and realize you made an error it is too late! You
can't pull it back and fix it! I am glad that the vendors monitor the
List, it shows that they want to keep in touch with their customer's
needs and wants. Manipulating the DML, well, that is a different
story. Remember, this List was started by James so I guess he thinks
it is still his to control.

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:30:20 -0600
From: Nathan Robinson <nathanrobinson_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: HID Lights

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you about HID lamps.

There are regulations on how "bright" (lumens measure how much light a
light source produces) a headlamp can output. HID just require fewer
watts to operate at the same light output as halogen. Hence, they are
cooler to the touch.(http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/HID.html)
This is why HID operate at 35 watts or so, and halogen at 55 watts.

I really hate diss'in HID, but have you ever looked at oncoming
traffic with HID lights? The glare is so bad, it makes you want to
take a little hammer and smash the lights to bits. Reading the article
is enlightening about light. I strongly suggest people read about what
HID is, and not just rely on what pictures show (from manufactures who
are trying to sell the latest fad) or what appears "brighter". Good
halogen headlamps cannot be beat.

Instead of putting a HID system in the car, I would say that getting
some really good H4 lamps (i.e. from Cibié), which would actually have
a much better beam pattern than HID lamps, and consequently not only
be safer, but enable you to actually see more of whats in front of
you, not just make what is there brighter. (technically, not brighter,
but just whiter...)

Nathan

I'll be quiet now about my passion of HID lamps.

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:11:32 -0600
From: Nathan Robinson <nathanrobinson_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: another site that explains HID vs. halogen

I think that with the discussion of HID, you need to consider just a
few things. HID is very cool, but in several cases is far WORSE than
halogen. (namely in bad weather...)  Here are some articles to
consider, if you want more info on HID, and more info on how to make
halogen operate with better efficiency.

Just my .02, but these are worth the read.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/HID.html

and just plain 'ol
http://www.danielsternlighting.com

is worth every bit of info!

Nathan

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:59:38 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Proto 1 Looking for flap sander

Tony, I have an original ( NOS ) flap sander along with the head and extra
parts.

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 06:23:05 -0000
From: "gzapf" <x86Daddy_at_dml_myrealbox.com>
Subject: Repair your auto shifter sliding cover

I was looking at some of the vehicles on eBay, and I noticed someone's
automatic had a damaged sliding cover over their automatic gear
shift... it looked pretty torn up.

When I obtained my DeLorean, my gear shift cover was a bit scratched
up, had a split down the center, and just looked bad (but not as bad
as the eBay one).  So, I'm writing the list to share my very simple
fix for this*.  Maybe even the auction winner will read this.  :-)

1)Buy a black vinyl / plastic pocket folder from anywhere kid's school
supplies are sold.
2)Unscrew the necessary parts to pull up the gear shift cover plate.
3)Slide out the damaged plastic sliding cover... it should be
removable from one of the slotted ends.
4)Trace its outline onto a continuously flat area of the folder using
an  exacto knife or your favorite fine cutting instrument.
5)Complete the cutting.  Don't forget the hole in the middle for the
gear shift itself.
6)Cram it back where you got it and reassemble the gear shift.
7)Enjoy.

*I have the early style shifter, hopefully this will work for either
version.  YMMV.

--Greg

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:26:22 +0000 (GMT)
From: Kevin Milliken <kevin.milliken_at_dml_btinternet.com>

Hi

I was in touch with the Manufacture of the flap wheels for the Deloreans and visited the factory where they were made (and still made)her in the England.

I had to buy one for my Delorean as they were some serious marks that would not come out by hand. I was at the factory testing all the grits and styles on a large piece of Stainless Steel I took down there to test.

If anyone wants these wheels just let me know.

Regards

Kevin Milliken

# 5959 and # 10163

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:30:05 -0800
From: "delorean3502" <delorean_at_dml_charter.net>
Subject: Brakes

Just want a idea of what the average D has for brake pedal free play, have had #3502 for about 6 years now and 1/2 pedal height has remained the same all that time, great brakes but feel the pedal should react a little sooner.

Lloyd

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:18:35 -0500
From: "Carl Davis" <carldavis_at_dml_familykia.com>
Subject: TURN SIGNALS

Hello, I know this might be a vauge question, but I just purchased a
Delorean and all electric items seem to work, except turnisgnals, I was
wondering if someone had a few leads i should check first. Thanks-----

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 05:26:44 -0800
From: Murray Fisher <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>
Subject: Re: Repair your auto shifter sliding cover

I had my auto shifter sliding cover broken due to stupidity on my part
when I had that part of the console opened up to rewire the clock....I
did not get it back right and first time I moved the shift lever it
jammed and broke in there......I got the new sliding plate from a vendor
and  the cost was very minimal.
    Murray
    Vin: 05962
    Lic: DMC-XII

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:38:04 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Brakes

I messed with a similar condition for a while assuming it was the
master cylinder. However, I dicovered it was a combination of a
sticking wheel cylinder and faulty master cylinder. The pedal is low
for a reason - you should find out why.

Harold McElraft - 3354

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:38:04 -0000
From: "turbodelorean" <dmcfan_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: HID Lights

Yes I have looked at HID coming at me on the road and I also noted
that I own a S2000 which has HID lighting. Yes it annoys some people
on the road because they think you have your brights on all the time
but only people who do not know that it is how the low beam looks
think that. Also I disagree that an H4 bulb puts out a better beam
pattern than HID. My HID projectors let out a huge beam pattern and
keeps a auper sharp line of light. Halogens look fuzzy in the long
distance. If HID's were not as great as Halogen, then why are almost
all automakers putting them on their cars?? Put any HID car(with
projectors) next to any Halogen car and the HID will make the the
halogen car look like their headlight are not even on. My friends
even told me that when I am behind them at night they do not even
need their headlights on because the HID's light up the road
completely.

Peter

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Nathan Robinson <nathanrobinson_at_dml_g...>

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:30:33 -0000
From: "turbodelorean" <dmcfan_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: another site that explains HID vs. halogen

I read these articles and all I seemed to read was one persons
opinion on what he thinks of HID. He states that reputable co. like
Hell, etc. do not make retrofit HID kits but they do. Go look at
Sylvania's site. Sylvania is obviously one of the largest suppliers
of vehicle lighting and they prove that HID is a better form of
lighting than Halogen. That is like saying a VHS tape is better than
DVD video.

Peter Kuchan

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:56:51 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DMCH Addresses SonnyV

Stephen,

First, I have to ask why your message was edited by
the DML moderators;

web; 26 Jan 2005 03:12:48 -0000

See Below

--- In dmcnews, "swynnedmc" wrote:

<SNIP>

> we also had a great concern that to unleash a flurry
> of posts to the DML from the staff here would be
perceived as a threat
> to the DML, which had been founded on the idea that
it would be free
> of any direct or indirect ties to any particular
"vendor".

There are a number of vendors offering free advice on
the Internet.  No one (seems) has had any issue with
the way they conduct themselves, why would you not
model an effort by DMCH on an approach that is already
working?  Messages from vendors would typically be
given more credit by the readers of the list.

I have been critical of vendors using the DML for
advertisement, but I doubt anyone would have a problem
offering technical assistance and including a link to
items needed to complete the job on your web site....
as other vendors already do.

> The idea was floated that we create a profile of a
typical DMC
> customer, and use this profile to post answers and
stimulate
> conversation regarding various products and service
being offered in
> the DeLorean community. With my consent, and the
rule that no
> particular company or it's products would be singled
out for criticism
> or berated, "SonnyV" came into being.  This
coincided with a period of
> stronger than anticipated growth at DMC (Texas) and
the idea was never
> fully implemented, though over 18 months, about
15-20 messages were
> sent to the DML from the "SonnyV" profile.

Have you read the posts Stephen?  Clearly, your rules
were broken and little technical advice or corrections
were offered by SonnyV.

----------
July 24, 2003; A plug for the DMCH reprint of SSI.

August 05, 2003; asking if anyone used the rear
defroster as an antenna.

August 13, 2003; putting in to question the shock kit
sold by another vendor.

August 20, 2003; buy parts from DMCH, not Autozone.

September 04, 2003; Use official DeLorean stainless
cleaner. (I bet there is a stockpile in Texas)

October 15, 2003; DMCH lowing the price of door struts
(will they still break the mounts?).. and a random
bash of DeLorean One.

December 01, 2003; Saying Ken offended him, because
SonnyV's father is a big guy.

January 07, 2004; Putting in to question the
refurbished fascias sold by another vendor.

January 12, 2004; FIRST (somewhat) TECHNICAL POST! Now
we know who made the DMC wheels. <sarcasm> I am glad
that misinformation was corrected </sarcasm>

February 22, 2004; Advertisement for DMCH angle drive.

March 07, 2004; Random discussion about how wonderful
DMCH is.

March 08, 2004; Personal jab at me.

March 11, 2004; Second technical post, explaining
release bearings.

March 11, 2004; another jab at me.

March 29, 2004; another angle drive advertisement.

November 19, 2004; an advertisement to buy refurbished
DeLoreans at DMCH.

November 19, 2004; A post to try and cover up that the
---------

Can you explain how any of these posts addressed the
"misinformation and bad or outdated technical
advice"?

Even more interesting is, if the intention here was to
use SonnyV to clear up misinformation on the list, why
would such important posts be deleted from the
archives?  When an effort is made to cover something
up, the motivations are believed to be negative
(Malicious? Deceptive?).

> News of this became public in late November, while
both James and I
> were out of the country and unable to reliably
access and respond to
> emails. Upon our return the second week of December,
things had "died
> down" on the DML and it seemed that this had blown
over and to post a
> response would have only incited another round of
messages on the subject.

They had "died down" because the moderators squelched
the subject.  Again, bringing it to question the
relationship between DMCH and the DML moderators.  My
initial post on the matter was held for a week!  Do
the moderators make it a habit of verifying the
content of every post?

Also interesting that my post earlier this week about
(what I believe to be another unethical item) how the
DMCH web site included META tags of "delorean one, pj
grady, p.j. Grady, delorean motor center" was somehow
lost..  It never made it to the list, and I never got
a rejection.

> The intent was not to deceive, though it now appears
that deception
> was the end result. DMC (Texas) and James Espey have
great respect for
> the owners of DeLoreans, whether or not they are
clients of ours, and
> extends apologies to those who were offended. An
additional apology is
> extended to the moderators who bore the brunt of the
animosity
> generated in the aftermath of this incident.

If this was the only deception, I could believe it.
Example, The name "DeLorean Motor Company" alone is a
deception.  It has been successful in fooling many
people in to thinking that your company is the
"official" DeLorean vendor,  because it somehow
descended from the company that built our cars.
Clearly, this is NOT true but there is no doubt (to
me) that this confusion is by design.

<SNIP>

> DMC (Texas) and it's staff will continue to act in
the best interests
> of the DeLorean community by continuing to service
the needs of the
> owners and enthusiasts through the sale of both
reproduction and NOS
> parts, accessories as well as sale, service and
restoration of
> DeLorean automobiles for owners all around the
world.

A business exists to make a profit, with that I truly
do hope you consider PAST and future actions are "in
the best interests of the DeLorean community", and not
just your own.

> Stephen Wynne
> DeLorean Motor Company, Texas

Marc Levy

"Society honors its living conformist and its dead
trouble makers." ~ Mignon McLaughlin

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:12:30 -0800
From: Owen Emry <owen_at_dml_aerodrome.us>

turbodelorean wrote:

> Yes I have looked at HID coming at me on the road and I also noted
> that I own a S2000 which has HID lighting. Yes it annoys some people
> on the road because they think you have your brights on all the time
[...]

And why shouldn't that be considered annoying (at best)?

> but only people who do not know that it is how the low beam looks
> think that.

So as long as I know it's your low beams, being blinded is somehow less annoying?

> If HID's were not as great as Halogen, then why are almost
> all automakers putting them on their cars??

I'm surprised this hasn't been bought up, yet.  They do it because old-school auto regulations limited the wattage of your headlights, not the actual light output.  The intent is to maintain safe amounts of light, but HID is a means of circumventing that intent, since it offers considerably more lumens per Watt than prior technologies.

I'm sure regulations have been updated to accomodate HID and other technologies, but I've not paid attention to the issue lately.  Properly executed, HID is probably a superior technology.  It's certainly more efficient, and this will be more appealing once EVs become a little more mainstream, for example.

I do see plenty of vehicles on the road now with HID lighting, and most of them don't seem to be a problem, but there are also plenty of vehicles that'll blind you with their lighting.  As DeLorean drivers (i.e. down low), we tend to get "blasted" that much more.

-Owen

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:44:31 -0000
From: "Stephen Card" <stephen_at_dml_procomroofing.com>
Subject: Re: TURN SIGNALS

The factory circuit boards in the rear tail lights are prone to
failure. There are a few "self help" methods for repair, John Hervey
(www.specialtauto.com) will rebuild yours for you or you can buy new
and improved boards from Rob Grady at www.pjgrady.com. I am sure
that Delorean Houston (www.delorean.com) also has a fix. It all
depends on how much you want to spend and how involved you want to
be with the repair.
Hope this helps,
Stephen,

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:03:11 -0800 (PST)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: eBay Car

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31830&item=4522860027&rd=1

This car looks awfully familiar to another car that
was recently on eBay.  If I remember correctly, this
was the car that wouldn't shift right/manual
transmission problems.  I've noticed that (if this is
that same car) he has removed that part about not
being able to shift gears in this car.  I don't see
anything about that problem being fixed either.  If
this is the same car, someone needs to say something,
because that's just not right.....

Jeremiah

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:28:48 -0000
From: "gzapf" <x86Daddy_at_dml_myrealbox.com>

Ah; a quick look at DMCH's site / parts manual, it looks like the
slider is indeed sold seperately ($9.93) for the later style shifter.
 For the early style, it appears to not even be stocked anymore, and
when it was, it was part of the larger indicator assembly.  I haven't
seen the later part in person, so without knowledge of the thickness,
etc... I'm not sure my folder hack will even work.  If you're in that
scenario, you'll need to judge.

Thanks for the follow-up,
--Greg