From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2454
Date: Saturday, January 29, 2005 5:43 PM

1. Thoughts
From: "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com>

2. Re: Sonny V rebuttal
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

3. Re: DMC (Texas) Addresses SonnyV
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

4. RE: Re: Need help (Electrical Failure Starting A Fire)
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

5. Mid-Atlantic Club Spring Socail Details (Date Change)
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

6. Re: Changes to the Millennium Concours
From: "ksgrimsr" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com>

7. Trailing Arm Bolts
From: "Roland Smith" <roland_at_dml_dnai.com>

8. Re: Thoughts
From: "sandorp1" <piszar_at_dml_comcast.net>

9. Re: Sonny V rebuttal
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

10. RE: Bleeding Cooling System
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:10:24 -0000
From: "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Thoughts

I read with great interest the posts on this site daily, I seldom
post here because I have little to add. This being said here goes, I
have owned my Delorean longer than 90% of the folks on this site
(since 1982) and I can tell all of you guys without DMCH, Delorean
1, Delorean center in Cal, and Rob Grady my car would now be in a
junk pile. In the early days this is all there was, now we have
Toby,John and several more vendors, but back in the day a Delorean
owner had few choices for help and parts.
I have read with interest the posts about James at DMCH, this man
and his company had done as much as anyone to help keep our cars on
the road, so I say it is time to stop kicking DMCH and instead give
them our thanks.I want to thank all of our vendors and all the great
guys who post advice here without them and you I know that car
#03513 would not be running today. Just my two cents.
Andy Blackmon

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:37:12 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Sonny V rebuttal

It is not that James can't post to the list. The problem is when he
does most people would just assume he is talking for DMCH. Now that he
is working for Stephen most people would assume his objectivity is
less than if he was not an employee of the largest "D" vendor. (When
he started the DML he was not working for DMCH). As shown by his posts
we can see that they are interested in the List and are reviewing the
posts. I see that as a good thing. I also think that it is wise that
most venders stay off the list and leave it to the owners. If the
owners ever got the feeling this list was being controled by a vendor
they would not participate. As it is too many are afraid to comment
publicly about a vendor for fear of any retaliation. James is welcome
to post, but I think he should clearly identify his affiliation with
DMCH when he does. As should any empoyee of any vendor that would care
to post.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Tom <dmctom_at_dml_e...> wrote:

> Here's a thought some of you may not have had.   We all know James
was Sonny V.   The question is why?

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:12:27 -0000
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: DMC (Texas) Addresses SonnyV

> Claude, I see you are using one of your aliases. It seems YOU have
the
> vendetta with a vendor. Everyone else would just wish you would go
> away. Everything in that post is the truth, you  just don't like to
> hear it. I know, I was there.

So is there a law against that,vin 00570,in the address says who I
am,no hiding there.
Only because,I tried posting using this address and they did NOT
post.I was only showing how low some venders stoop when they have a
grudge against someone,You did NOT see the true face on that
vender,so you have no idea,what I saw,you can get some idea,of the
face I saw thru that posting,no vender,no matter what, should
disrespect anyone in that kind of matter.99% of what he was saying
was B.S.and of course you will go against me,as what have you got to
gain,but much to lose.I am sure if I was running a DMC vendor
business,I would have "brownnosers" too!It's quite ovious you have a
grudge against me too.
CBL

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:57:05 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: RE: Re: Need help (Electrical Failure Starting A Fire)

Bill,

Yes; I agree, there have been lots of fuse and circuit meltdowns, but the
statement said "fires". I just don't want people to be misled.

DMC Joe

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:29:52 -0500
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: Mid-Atlantic Club Spring Socail Details (Date Change)

The Delorean Mid-Atlantic club 2005 Spring Social date has been moved.
The new date is April 16-17th.

This will be a two day event!!!!
Sat April 16th
- Spring social and tech session _at_dml_ Hackettstown Motor Imports in
Hackettstown, NJ (lots of fun stuff to do and see...details coming soon!)
- Dinner (we are lining up guest speakers now)

Sunday April 17th
- Group drive
- Englishtown Car show and swap meet  (This is a HUGE show and a lot of
fun to attend!)

More details coming soon!

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:08:31 -0000
From: "ksgrimsr" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com>
Subject: Re: Changes to the Millennium Concours

I'm thrilled that the three premier DMC service and parts centers
are joining forces to jointly sponsor the Millennium Concours. With
the extensive expertise and knowledge that PJ Grady (Rob) and
DeLorean Motor Center (Don Steger) bring to the program, in addition
to the stellar support that DMC (Texas) has provided in creating and
growing the event, this next Millennium Concours will be an even
more impressive event.

The sponsors have entrusted Dave Swingle, Marty Maier and myself as
the first executive team, and the three of us will focus on
coordinating and conducting a well-organized event at the direction
of the sponsors. With the additional resources the joint sponsorship
affords, there will be a number of new developments that will make
participation in the event a highly rewarding experience for
everyone involved. If you have competed before or have never
competed but are considering it, this upcoming event is one that
you'll want to participate in.

In order to avoid inundating the DML with concours-specific
discussion, there is a dedicated discussion group for competitors or
folks that might be interested in learing more about participation.
The "Millennium-Concours" Yahoo group is where the event discussion
will be focused, and I encourage those that are interested (or even
just curious) to join that newsgroup for focused discussion about
the details of the next event.

Additional details and annoucements of exciting new participant
programs will be made as the details get further ironed out.

I want to thank all three corporate sponsors for their invaluable
contributions to the DMC community. Without their efforts and
support, owning and enjoying our wonderful cars would be a real
challenge.

       Knut

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "James Espey" <james_at_dml_u...> wrote:

> DeLorean Motor Company (Texas) is pleased to announce that the
Millennium

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:29:12 -0800
From: "Roland Smith" <roland_at_dml_dnai.com>
Subject: Trailing Arm Bolts

I purchased Toby TABS and my suspension and tire mechanic had trouble
getting them in place due to their length.  My DeLorean has an automatic
transmission.

After lowering the transmission, he was able to install the bolts and align
the rear wheels.

The bolts that were in the trailing arms were a smaller diameter and were
bent out of shape.  It was a good thing I read the mail many of you posted
and had the bolts checked out.

Roland Smith

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:46:27 -0000
From: "sandorp1" <piszar_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Thoughts

Andy, from one of the newest owners here (I bought my Delorean in
December), thanks for your insights.  I totally agree that Stephen,
James and the entire DMCH organization are outstanding.  I bought my
car from DMCH and I am extremely satisfied with the level of service
I received, as well as the way Stephen and James conducted business.
They ensured that all of my concerns were addressed and in many cases
went above and beyond, in terms of both their own expense and time.
I have no hesitation recommending them, and I look forward to working
with their fine organization in the future.

I must say that I am a bit surprised by the level of negativity that
has been displayed by some in the Delorean community.  I had been a
Mustang owner since 1986 and was quite active in the online, car show
and club organizations.  The experience was overwhelmingly positive,
with people willing to help each other out and bringing a positive,
encouraging attitude to the hobby.  A hobby that has massive parts
and service support.

The Delorean community should be much more close-knit because there
are less owners and far less parts and technical support.  As the
spring driving and show season draws near and I become more involved
in the Delorean community in years to come, I hope that I can look
forward to a positive ownership experience.

Let's get on with the fun of owning Deloreans!

Sandor
# 3002

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:22:06 -0000
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

Don't blame James himself,his Heart is in the right place,the problem
is, he has the orignal passion for the Delorean,but at the same time
is now in the business of the Delorean,and it is easy to get caught
up in a sprial of business/passion,for the delorean,unlike a typical
owner,that can just post here with a problem or comment,James on the
other hand has to mix business with passion,on one hand he has to
drum up business(it costs a LOT to have/run a big place as DMCH)and
on the other hand,just as everybody else wants to "mix in" with the
group,and at the same time promote the "business".Sometimes you can't
have your cake and eat it too.But NO matter what, all I have seen
come out of DMCH is betterment for the Delorean community.As a
example remember the $200.00+ SSI books,now a small fraction of that
price,I do not own any more Deloreans,so I have nothing to gain,it is
just my personal observations,and I have never seen James attitude as
NOTHING but professional.

Just my 2 cents on this
Claude

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:09:15 -0500