From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2455
Date: Sunday, January 30, 2005 6:52 PM

1. Re: Need help (Electrical Failure Starting A Fire)
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. Re: Trailing Arm Bolts
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com

3. Re: Trailing Arm Bolts
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

4. MODERATOR NOTE - Vendor discussion
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

5. Re: Re: Thoughts
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Vendor Disclosures
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

7. RE: Re: Thoughts
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

8. Re: Thoughts (DMCH)
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

9. RE: Re: Thoughts
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

10. Which magazine is best?
From: "mauibarber12" <mauibarber_at_dml_hotmail.com>

11. Re: Re: Thoughts
From: "Lawrence J, Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

12. Re: Bill need a new automatic
From: "stitsien" <stitsien_at_dml_lvcm.com>

13. Wanted... DMC needing work in North East/Canada
From: "Aaron" <atsudds_at_dml_cogeco.ca>

14. Ahem
From: "Tom Watkins" <dmctom_at_dml_earthlink.net>

15. Re: DMC (Texas) Addresses SonnyV
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>

16. Ice Storm In Atlanta
From: "dmcjoe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

17. Barrett Jackson Auction- AZ
From: "Tom Porter" <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. DMC HOUSTON PRAISE :-)
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>

19. Vandalized D
From: "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick_at_dml_aol.com>

20. Re: Re: silly oil change question
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

21. Re: Barret Jackson car auction this weekend on the Speed Channel
From: DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net

22. Delorean sold at B-J
From: "Lauren" <LPLand_at_dml_earthlink.net>

23. Re:Delorean sold at B-J
From: "Lauren" <LPLand_at_dml_earthlink.net>

24. Re: Re: Barret Jackson car auction this weekend on the Speed Channel
From: "Lauren" <LPLand_at_dml_earthlink.net>

25. New DeLorean?
From: "snyepsp" <ryanmcgrory_at_dml_ntlworld.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:59:13 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Need help (Electrical Failure Starting A Fire)

The electrical system in the Delorean leaves a lot to be desired.
First of all there is NO fusible link. There are way too many unfused
lengths of wire. Many of the circuits operate at maximum capacity with
no reserve for age deterioration (loose connections, dirty
connections, etc). Some of the relays are underrated and have frequent
failures (the door lock module and the fan fail relay for example).
Add to this a P.O. using the wrong size fuses, wiring modifacations,
age, loose fuse holders, An aging fuel pump that draws too much
current (and the cooling fans, and the heater fan) an alternator
running near it's maximun limits and a system that is chronically
undervotage. All of this causes the current to increase which means
HEAT. The only sensible approach is to at least keep everything in
good working order. Make sure that each and every fuse is in the right
place and is the right size for it's spot. Disconect the locking
module. Remove the fan fail relay and at least use the jumper wires.
(Not the best thing but better than the relay). Keep the battery
charged up and make sure the belt on the alternator is not slipping.
Check the fuse holders for signs of heat damage and corrosion. Clean
all of the ground connections. With some preventitive maintainence you
can have a safe, origional electrical system. If you smell something
burning then it probably IS! Stop the car and look at the fuse and
relay panel BEFORE it is too late! Best to do in your garage though
before you go for a drive. Anyway it is something to do over the
winter since you can't drive your car (at least up here in the North).

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 02:54:22 -0000
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com
Subject: Re: Trailing Arm Bolts

Roland - I am certainly glad that everything worked out for you.  I
just wanted to comment on this message to say that automatic
transmissions in some of your cars should not be a hindrance to
inspecting and correcting the potentially dangerous condition of
bent or rusted trailing arm bolts.  I suspect that some people with
automatics are using this as an excuse, or justification, for not
attending to this item.  Dropping the transmission down is one way
to accomplish this task (replacing the bolts), but there are several
other methods that work quite well, and are not quite so involved as
dropping the transmission.  A couple of those methods are spelled
out in the instructions that are included with each set of TOBY-
TAB's.  Another method was described in great detail in an article
in Gullwing Magazine, for those of you who are susbscribers to that
fantastic resource that is made available to us by the Wester's.  As
we start to consider the next season of enjoying our cars, please
take care of this important maintenance task so that we don't have
to read about you in the paper.

NOTE:  Rolands car had the wrong bolts installed, probably from one
of those evil "PO's".  If you're going to fix it ... for goodness'
sake, fix it right!

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Roland Smith" <roland_at_dml_d...> wrote:

> I purchased Toby TABS and my suspension and tire mechanic had
trouble getting them in place due to their length.  My DeLorean has
an automatic transmission. After lowering the transmission, he was
able to install the bolts and align the rear wheels. The bolts that
were in the trailing arms were a smaller diameter and were bent out
of shape.  It was a good thing I read the mail many of you posted

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 02:05:33 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

That was a big job for the trailing arm bolts! All he had to do was
loosen the left side trailing arm from the rear hub carrier to get
that bolt in. I would like to know how much he charged you for this!
All you had to do was call Toby and he could have told the shop what
to do in a fraction of the time they spent. Their time is your money.
At least they didn't have a lot of trouble getting the old ones out.
Somtimes you have to remove the trailing arm bushing, bolt, and all
and carry the whole mess over to a press.

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:21:42 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: MODERATOR NOTE - Vendor discussion

I'm letting thru a last flurry of comments on the Vendor issues, and
that's closing the thread for the week. A lot has been said, and this
point we're getting a lot of "shut it off and move on" notes.

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:24:10 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Thoughts

>From another owner since 1982, Welcome!

In general this group is positive and helpful.
Periodically something comes up that creates a
discussion such as that going on now.  Usually, it has
ended long before now.  I think it is way overdue for
the moderators to cut off any further discussion even
remotely related to "sonny", "meta tags", etc.

Those who want to continue this discussion can do so
"off list" or, perhaps, on the Forum.  Speaking only
for myself, I just don't need any more of this.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:13:38 -0800
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>
Subject: Vendor Disclosures

Regarding a previous post about always disclosing that you're a "vendor":

That may not be as easy as it sounds - depending on your definition of
vendor. A lot of people on the list provide DeLorean-related parts and
services. Always having to point this out in our emails/signatures would be
a pain. Should I, Josh, Ken, VB, Ron, and anyone that sells items on eBay or
a Club Website divulge this on every email because might "taint" our
comments?

Gary
IN2TIME #5612
Website Development and Hosting
Including DeLorean-Related sites :-)

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:13:38 -0800
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

Sandor Said:
> I bought my DeLorean in December
> The DeLorean community should be much more close-knit...

Welcome to the DeLorean Community!

The DeLorean Community is close-knit, which is part of the reason that the
use of deliberately deceptive tactics by DMCH (as admitted by Stephen), or
by anyone else, is taken so seriously.

Since Stephen's stated purpose for creating the SonnyV alias was quite
different from how it was used, perhaps it was just James that misused it.

Gary
IN2TIME

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 00:21:54 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Re: Thoughts (DMCH)

I've got a "once-a-year" ordering habbit where I'll examine the car
while it is sitting over the winter, gather a list; and order the
parts about a month before the car goes back onto the road. I've been
using DMCH the longest among other vendors, and they are great. They
have the parts, they ship them and there was never a time where I had
problem or was dissatisfied. AND when it comes to customer service;
wonderful people! I don't think anything negative towards DMCH...I
mean yeah, I'll complain about their (and other's) prices here but I'm
a consumer, I'm supposed to complain! There is always people who are
going to think negative and I don't see why, DMCH and all the other
vendors are nothing like the horrible business people that go out of
their way to burn you. We are the ones who need
the parts, DMCH and others supply us-if you don't like them then fine-
don't use them and go somewhere else...but you don't have to voice out
why you don't hate
them so much and turn others off to them. Personally for me, I used
DMCH the
first time I ever needed parts for my car (I ordered the parts before
the car even got to me), and I'll never forget how impressed I was
with the quality of interior parts, as well as how fast the shipment
was. While today with all the other vendors- my purchasing isn't just
limited to DMCH (actually, I've
never bought from D1 so I can't say anything bout them), I think DMCH,
Grady, Special T, and etc. etc. provide great service and quality
items, and
I would recommend them if ever asked. How would your DeLo be without
these guys huh?? Just another happy customer with
his 2 cents-----Dani B. #5003

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:07:33 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

Sandor,

I couldn't agree with you more. From the time the mailing list started until
a couple of years ago I was a regular contributor. Due to family issues I
left the list for a couple of years. Upon my return in almost three years I
decided to monitor the list for a couple of weeks before re-posting. I was
really shocked to see the amount of personal discontent and negativity
between many of the writers. This was around the time that the "Sonny V"
thread was raging at a feverish pace.

I'm not sure what has changed, the DML used to be exactly as you described
with your previous experiences i.e.

"....... overwhelmingly positive, with people willing to help each other out
and bringing a positive, encouraging attitude to the hobby."

DMC Joe

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:11:00 -0000
From: "mauibarber12" <mauibarber_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Which magazine is best?

I checked the archive and couldn't really find what I was looking
for.  I was curious what everyone thinks is the best of the DeLorean
Magazines?  I live in Hawaii so joining the DeLorean Owners Assoc
wouldnt do me any good.  So $78 bucks for a magazine subscription
was too high.  I decided to subscribe to the "Deloreans" magazine
instead.  I also just found out about "gullwing" magazine.  I would
like to hear some opinions on each one.  I have  about 11 old
Delorean World magazines that I thought were great for there time
(93, 94 95).
Thoughts?
Alex

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:03:59 -0500
From: "Lawrence J, Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

SOOO What!!! Lets stop the bickering & get down to business, I really
don't Care what who did & when, This is a Delorean Site JUST STOP
ALREADY I'M TIERED OF ALL THIS B.S, & ALL THIA IS JUST FILLING MY
MAILBOX WITH UNNECESSARY B.S.
Lawrence Mi, Vin 00538m, 0915a, 4873a

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 10:29:52 -0000
From: "stitsien" <stitsien_at_dml_lvcm.com>
Subject: Re: Bill need a new automatic

Pffft, so what if it is. At that many miles I'd look to do a swap
just to make sure it didn't become a snowballing project that would
end up costing more than just a used trans which is a very good
possibility.

Matt Stits
Vin 0789 (currently for sale)

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_a...> wrote:

> You said:
> <"........but it is popping in a out of gear">
>
> Could simply be a bad sifter solenoid or associated wiring.
>
> DMC Joe

transmission.

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:25:37 -0000
From: "Aaron" <atsudds_at_dml_cogeco.ca>
Subject: Wanted... DMC needing work in North East/Canada

Looking for a DMC that needs engine/tranny work or other.  Willing
to pay what it's worth.

Aaron
asudds_at_dml_yahoo.com

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:12:39 -0500
From: "Tom Watkins" <dmctom_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: Ahem

I 2nd what Sandor says below in his post!!

<I hope that I can look
<forward to a positive ownership experience.

<Let's get on with the fun of owning Deloreans!

<Sandor
<# 3002

Tom Watkins
dmctom_at_dml_earthlink.net
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:04:46 -0000
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>
Subject: Re: DMC (Texas) Addresses SonnyV

I never thought I was going to comment on this, but since I'm so fed
up with this whole thread now - here goes...

Apart from the obvious - that the SonnyV profile really was a bad
idea that never should have happened, I do have to ask  - with all
respect Mr.Levy - and I do hope I'm wrong about you on this one

Do you have a personal vendetta against DMC Houston and James Espey?

Have they ever done you wrong?

It seems you don't like them very much. Would you care to elaborate
to us why this is so?

You may get your parts elsewhere now, but in the long run, DMC
Houston is the place and the future of our DeLorean hobby (also
yours) whether you like it or not - or are you so confident in
yourself that you're thinking you won't ever need any parts and that
you can get them elsewhere?

All the DeLorean Parts Suppliers either have a left-over parts
inventory from former DMC Dealerships or they order their parts
directly from - yes - DMC Houston!

Your intentions are not quite as noble as they might seem at first,
or as noble and honest as you would like them to be. When I read
with the SonnyV profile, I catch myself thinking

"Why is he out to get DMC Houston?"

I also have this feeling that you get a kick out of being a nit-
picker. You'll probably answer me that it's my problem, but is it now?
I don't like the DML to be a place where persons more or
less "attack" a vendor. We (the owners) and they co-exist. One cannot
live without the other.

By all means - I'm not saying that you shouldn't have posted the truth
about the fake SonnyV profile, still - my basic feeling is that you
don't like DMC Houston at all.

How appropriate then to dig out some more dirt to stain their
stainless... The question then is - Why do you do it? or Why bother?

Of course, if I'm wrong about you, I hereby do apologize publicly.

Now, DMC Houston have apologized for the SonnyV profile.
Please accept that Mr. Levy and also the rest of this list.
Perhaps you owe DMC Houston an apology for being annoying?

Moderators - please stop this SonnyV thread once and for all and
let's get back to DML's core value - our DeLoreans!

Sonny V or not - The truth is that DMC Houston is our best guarantee
for DeLorean specific parts in the future, either stock or re-made.

Very best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759
*A VERY PLEASED CUSTOMER OF DMC HOUSTON WHO WAS NOT PAID BY THEM TO
WRITE THIS E-MAIL*

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:31:38 -0000
From: "dmcjoe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Ice Storm In Atlanta

I have loaded pictures
http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/lst  of my DeLorean in
the ice storm that occurred here in Atlanta yesterday. Although no
full trees feel we did have several large pine tree branches come
crashing down on our home and DeLorean #3370. The house suffered roof
damage and the DeLorean was struck by two large branches. One smashed
the windshield the other left a small crease in the LF fender. We
lost power late in the day yesterday with restoration early this
morning.

Some of you may be asking why my DeLorean was left outside to face
the elements. I am currently storing client's DeLorean's for winter
hibernation in my garage, so as it's been for many years, my DeLorean
gives up its comfy and safe accommodations for its guests.

DMC Joe

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:15:30 -0000
From: "Tom Porter" <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Barrett Jackson Auction- AZ

The one thing about the list due to being moderated is the time lag.
People mention that Monster Garage will be on tonight at such and
such, but by the time it gets thru, its tomorrow, and everybody who
was counting on this to remind them, its out the window.  As in this
instance, everybody will not get to read that there will be a mid
1981 DeLorean with reworked "so they say" grey interior, auction #
1207 this afternoon on Speed Channel until after it is over.  Apx 2-
4pm, whenever they get around to it.

But also, this is the first formal time I have heard about and
understood this auction.  I heard it mentioned on the list from time
to time, but I didnt realize the scale of this thing.  Being from
Maine, you tend to forget that there are conventions of tens of
thousands of people all congregated together in a comparibly small
space.  And then you also tend to forget the cars of this caliber
that truely exist out there.  All you see up here is rusty honda or
subarus, an occasional corvette, but nothing truely out of the
ordinary.

Now Tom, what has this got to do with DeLoreans, i'll get to it.  I
was shocked and amazed to see how much some of these automobiles go
for, many of 100's of thousands, some reaching into the millions, as
a 1950's Old's 2 seater prototype concept went for yesterday
afternoon (albeit a record).  Now with all this uniqueness, we all
have stories about people who come up to us saying "Wowzers", your
car looks like a million bucks, or That must cost 100 grand.  Take a
good look at your car, doesnt it seem like that?  The Gullwings alone
should make it fetch somewhere around 80k, not to mention its the
only stainless steel production automobile (not some 6 specialty made
1936? Fords).  For what I have heard on the list in the past,
Deloreans at this auction are on the bottom of the scale.  I will be
very surprised to see this car go for more than 25k tops.  For the 2
1/2 hours I watched the auction yesterday, i have only seen (1) one
car go for under 100 grand.  In comparison, the DeLorean is a
discrace to the auction, as far as the auctioneers are concerned.

I am scratching my head, why on earth are these things so cheap?  It
cant be the cocain thing ingrained in these peoples heads is it?  To
me looking at it, I would say 50,000 at least.  These people say, Oh,
John DeLorean, hes so not cool, lets bid 20 on it.  And thats if
their generous.

Hope I'm not too far off on the mark here, but the value of our cars
is obserd to me.  But your right, it could be worse.  They could sell
for 2 or 3 k "like mint" condtion Fords of the era.

(Yes I know, some of those realy high costing cars are one off
special customs, or owned by someone famous, or have sort of public
story and not just some production based model.  But production
models have been going for way more than even the high end scale of
the DMC at the auction.)

Mabye history will be more kind to us in another 20 years. At least
our body pannels will be able to last that long.

Tom Porter
Maine (dont get out much), USA

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:28:10 -0000
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>
Subject: DMC HOUSTON PRAISE :-)

With all the negative focus on DMC Houston on this list, I feel the
time to be appropriate to give some praise to the world's biggest and
best DeLorean parts supplier.

This happened in 2001 while enroute to Eurofest in Belfast.

When I got my DeLorean in 1999, quite a few things had to be done to
it to make it a reliable daily driver. Since I live in Norway, I
don't have the same privilege as owners in the US and UK have, to
take their DeLorean taken to DeLorean experts.

Still, parts were ordered and my local mechanic (who have a passion
for exotic cars) managed to do the job as best as he could. We had to
get the car ready to drive from Norway to Belfast, NI.

Right before leaving there were some problems with the fuel system -
this was right before departure to Eurofest - Stephen Wynne
personally gave me his phone number and asked us to call him very
early in the morning his time if we didn't manage to sort the problem
out. He would guide us over the phone.

Now who would have done a similar thing like that? Chance had it that
we did sort out the problems ourselves and hence didn't need to call
trans-atlantic - but I was very impressed with the service offered.

Then off to Eurofest. Stephen had an associate in Liverpool (Wingray
Autos) and we have made arrangement to meet up with his friend Paul
who would do a torsion bar adjustment along with some other things.

When me and my father got there - who was there to greet ut? James
Espey himself.

The car was left with Paul for 2 days and James took us out to dinner
at his expense and made us feel taken care of. We had a great talk,
and Paul did a great job on the car.

The time had come to leave Liverpool and drive up to Belfast. That
day Stephen Wynne showed up! He took me for a ride in my own DeLorean
just to show me how it could be driven. Boy was I impressed. That day
he was dressed in white clothes(!) and to help with the last torsion
bar adjustment he didn't just supervise it - he took part in it -
effectively curing my doors, but at the same time getting himself
dirty.

Why am I telling this?

It just goes to show that these guys, James and Stephen, are regular
guys with a love and passion for both DeLorean cars and DeLorean
owners. DMC Houston is the best garage I have been to with my car
(although not literally)...their service is 1st class and superb.

Looking forward to deal with you again very soon!

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:25:02 -0000
From: "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Vandalized D

Just thought I would share what I woke up to this Sunday morning...

I had left my D in the driveway...garage was full of bathroom remodel
stuff...Someone had unplugged my horns and jimmied my side window
with a screw drive and the basically muscled it almost out.  Once in
the car they removed my head unit and sliced bothseats to shreads..

But the worse part of it is that I was cleaning the carpet on the
back shelf and had removed it and had removed the fuse/relay box
wooden cover to paint it and replace the foam seal.  The seat on the
passeneger side was left tilted forward to expose the box.  They
ripped out my fuse box and cut all of the wiring associated with it
and the alram.  I don't think they cut into the main harness..

This is going to be a (*_at_dml_^#$^%(#^ repair job.  Police agreed and said
it was someody who targeted the car and probably saw it at a local
show.

Moral to the story..LOCK THEM BABIES UP IN THE GARAGE......

Michael Q
VIN# 02944

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:08:34 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: silly oil change question

In a message dated 1/29/05 9:58:33 AM Central Standard Time,
hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com writes:

>  Just spray the brake-clean on the areas where oil needs
> removed and wipe off. Clean-ups are fast easy and spotless. Just
> throw the rag away and dispose of the oil properly.

It should be noted here that brake clean will dissolve the black undercoating
on later DeLoreans, making very a very gooey mess.

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:13:49 +0000
From: DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net
Subject: Re: Barret Jackson car auction this weekend on the Speed Channel

 Guess you didn't win with the 0$ bid.  Looks like the DeLorean sold for 17,000  (18,360 final list price on their site, after adding 8 percent to the sale price.)

Gary

<< From: "Lauren" <LPLand_at_dml_earthlink.net>

sweitzel_2000 wrote:
> I noticed that they have one Delorean for sale VIN 2647.
> http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_li
> st.asp?id=180164
>
> Anyone want to wager a guess as to what it will sell for?

If I guess $0 do I win?    I just came back from a day at B-J and the
D isn't there.  It took miles of tramping through the mud looking for
it and lots of dead end questions to find out that the car was
scratched from the auction because it wouldn't start.  The only
person who seemed to know about it described it as "dull finish with
a broken driver's side window."    The D, from what I was told at
"key control" was rolled into the impound lot.  That was the story as
of 5 pm MST today altho I see it's still listed as lot #1207..

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:13:03 -0700
From: "Lauren" <LPLand_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: Delorean sold at B-J

Apparently the Delorean sold this morning for $18.5K.  Either they
gave me bogus information at Key Control about the car being
scratched from the auction or they reinstated it.  No one of all the
people I asked seemed to know or care anything about it.   Bummer
that I never did see it.

 ....................LP

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:29:07 -0700
From: "Lauren" <LPLand_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: Re:Delorean sold at B-J

Sorry -- the price was $18,360 and that includes commission. The
selling price was $17K..............LP

Apparently the Delorean sold this morning for $18.5K.

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:47:43 -0700
From: "Lauren" <LPLand_at_dml_earthlink.net>

Our posts must have crossed in cyberspace.  I saw on the website
this morning that the car did indeed sell.

 Must say I am disappointed that the folks at the auction were less
than helpful to me because I wasn't wearing a bidder's badge.

.....................LP
10440

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:14:38 -0000
From: "snyepsp" <ryanmcgrory_at_dml_ntlworld.com>
Subject: New DeLorean?

Hey, I'm new too all this, but I love DMC 12. I searched new
DeLorean and I got a strange looking red thing, that supposedly will
cost $1,000,000, and also rumours of a new $20,000 car.
deloreantime.com was shut down, so I don't know anything about it.
There was also an advertisement and pictures for a watch. Tell my
everything you know on a new DeLorean. Heres pictures of what I'm
talking about :

http://www.entermyworld.com/dmc2/watch1x1.jpg

http://www.entermyworld.com/dmc2/buywatch1x1.jpg

http://www.entermyworld.com/dmc2/newcarb1x1.jpg