From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2458
Date: Monday, January 31, 2005 7:51 PM

1. Re: Re: Vandalized D
From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>

2. Re: Barrett Jackson Auction- AZ
From: "Bruce Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

3. PRV FIXED!!
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

4. Re: Remove engine cover and Hinges
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

5. Marc, and DMCH.
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:12:26 -0500
From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Vandalized D

> When you put a good tied-down or locked cover on your D, you hide the make,
> model, and most distinguishing characteristics of the car.

What's funny about that, is on two or possibly three occasions, I had
workers at my house (a plumber, heater guy and someone else).  My D
was under a Noah car cover. All three asked me what was under the car
cover, and I told them to take a guess.  These folks had never been to
my house before, and all three said "is it a Delorean?". I was floored
each time.. I never expected anyone to guess it was a D when totally
covered (and it wasn't a car cover that says "DELOREAN" on the front,
either).

-Hank #1619

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:13:32 -0600
From: "Bruce Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: Barrett Jackson Auction- AZ

I think auctions like this are to some degree predictable. A few years back
cars like the Cadillac V16 went for large dollars and Baraccuda Hemis never
got out of the teens. Now the Hemis go into six figures and the old classics
like the Cadillac struggle to get over $50,000. Age and discretionary
income, for the most part, go hand in hand. Most of the current crop of
bidders grew up with muscle cars and that's where their interests lie. Maybe
things will change when the supply of DeLoreans dwindles and the younger
folks who grew up during the Back To The Future era grow into a phase when
they have more discretionary income. I do know these auctions  produce a
certain amount of buyer frenzy and after a couple of  cars run the bidding
up to unbelivable amounts bidders become a little less practical and begin
to bid higher than they might on another day.

Bruce Benson

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:20:01 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: PRV FIXED!!

After weeks (or months...) of great frustration I've finally got it
nailed down. PRV finally runs 800RPM without fluctuation up and down,
no skipping or misfiring, and most importantly; it now runs SMOOTHLY!
I cleaned the terminals to the CPR, as well as a few other terminals,
did the CO adj and timing, and now it is running like new. PO just had
the garage tune the engine to run on the old "worn" parts that I've
replaced-once I replaced parts to new it ran like hell, so it took a
long time to figure out and re-adjust everything the garage did. It's
like having a whole new DeLorean when the engine is running perfectly.
Anyway, I just wanted to thank all of those who've helped me on and
off list in my efforts to get this motor running good and keeping me
from ripping it out and throwing it off a cliff. Thanks again guys!
-----Dani B. #5003

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:10:19 -0500
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
Subject: Re: Remove engine cover and Hinges

Hi Charles,

The hinges are held to the body via  2 10mm nuts apiece, which are
fastened onto mounting studs welded to the hinges themselves.  You can
access the nuts by removing the piece of interior trim that mounts
directly below the rear window inside the car.  (note: the horizontal
piece, not the vertical one, although you do have to remove the upper
cargo net brackets, by taking out the phillips head screws and rotating
the brackets 90 degrees, then pulling them forward)

You have to be careful when doing this, because the horizontal trim
board is longer than the vertical speaker cover trim on either side, and
if you don't massage it out, you risk ripping the side trim pieces.
You'll also have to disconnect the rear dome light, before you pull the
board completely out.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions about that procedure.

-Josh

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:42:20 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Marc, and DMCH.

(Moderators Note: Marc asks below who gets the last word on this issue, and with this posting the thread is closed. If anyone wants to continue this discussion, they can do so off the list. Marty, this weeks moderator)

Your post below is similar to one by SonnyV not too
long ago.

See Below.

--- Stian Birkeland <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no> wrote:

<SNIP>

> Do you have a personal vendetta against DMC Houston
> and James Espey?

No, not at all.

> Have they ever done you wrong?

Nope.  I purchased a few items from DMCH shortly after
they took possession of the KPAC property.  Never had
a problem with those items.

> It seems you don't like them very much. Would you
> care to elaborate
> to us why this is so?

I do like them.  On the few occasions I have met James
and Stephen in person, I think they have been helpful,
polite, and respectful.  The facts brought up in this
discussion are valid, that they have been a driving
force in the reproduction of previously unavailable or
expensive parts.

The negative facts still remain, and should not be
ignored.

> You may get your parts elsewhere now, but in the
> long run, DMC
> Houston is the place and the future of our DeLorean
> hobby (also
> yours) whether you like it or not - or are you so
> confident in
> yourself that you're thinking you won't ever need
> any parts and that
> you can get them elsewhere?

So, your saying it is OK for them to conduct
themselves in a deceptive manor, simply because they
have the largest inventory of parts?   You are
thinking that they will put the other DeLorean vendors
out of business?

> All the DeLorean Parts Suppliers either have a
> left-over parts
> inventory from former DMC Dealerships or they order
> their parts
> directly from - yes - DMC Houston!

Yes, this is how they get away with what they do.  The
other vendors really can't complain about DMCH.  But,
that does not make it right.

> Your intentions are not quite as noble as they might
> seem at first,
> or as noble and honest as you would like them to be.

It is unfair of you, or anyone to make conclusions
about my intentions.  There is no motivation behind my
posts other than to make otherwise unknown information
available to the community.  The feedback I have
received has been positive.  In the end, maybe DMCH
will change the way they conduct business, and you too
will benefit.

> When I read
> you went public
> with the SonnyV profile, I catch myself thinking
>
> "Why is he out to get DMC Houston?"

Again, I'm not.  I have "picked on" other people.
Just ask Video Bob...  James was a big fan of my
messages pointing out what was bothering me about Bob.
 Why am I correct in my observations on Bob, but not
DMCH?

You may see me as out to get DMCH because they provide
the most "material" (for lack of a better word).  The
set off the alarm in my head more often than any of
the others.

> I also have this feeling that you get a kick out of
> being a nit-
> picker. You'll probably answer me that it's my
> problem, but is it now?

Kick?  No.  I refer to is as a sickness.  When will
they have a pill to cure it?  Life would be a lot
simpler for me if I did not care about things like
this.

> I don't like the DML to be a place where persons
> more or
> less "attack" a vendor. We (the owners) and they
> co-exist. One cannot
> live without the other.

Attack?  No.  I have just pointed out facts and
observations about things.  Can you provide an example
of me attacking a vendor?

> By all means - I'm not saying that you shouldn't
> have posted the truth
> about the fake SonnyV profile, still - my basic

So, it was OK to point out SonnyV, but not the META
tags?  What about the longer door struts which were
breaking mounts?  How about the invalid claims on the
DMC logo? Or maybe it was the inaccurate information
in the Concours manual?  All Truth, so why is it so
awful it I make it known?

> feeling is that you
> don't like DMC Houston at all.

Again, Not true..  I continue to question many of the
things they do, and have done.

> How appropriate then to dig out some more dirt to
> stain their
> stainless... The question then is - Why do you do
> it? or Why bother?

DIG? No digging has ever been involved, I assure you..
 Why bother?  Because it is important for people to
know the truth.  Like a consumer advocate would.
Again, it is my sickness.  Oh, and your welcome..

> Of course, if I'm wrong about you, I hereby do
> apologize publicly.

Wrong or right, you posted this publicly and it will
help for all readers to form opinions of me based on
your personal interpretations.  Maybe the next time I
point out some fact about DMCH, you (and others) will
say "Oh, it is from Marc.. that guy just has a bone to
pick with DMCH".  Even if you think I have been doing
this for all these years because of a vendetta against
DMCH (which is NOT the case), it does not change the
true facts I have presented to this group.  Again,
your welcome.

I have to ask why a message of personal nature like
this was permitted on the list...  but, it was.  So I
will respond on the list.

> Now, DMC Houston have apologized for the SonnyV
> profile.

Apologized?  I don't feel it was honest.  They are not
sorry they were deceptive, just sorry that James
mis-signed a message which led to the deception being
discovered (NOT by me, BTW).

> Please accept that Mr. Levy and also the rest of
> this list.
> Perhaps you owe DMC Houston an apology for being
> annoying?

If you find me annoying, use your delete key.. Even
better, many modern e-mail clients allow you to filter
mail.  Feel free to dump any messages from me if you
so choose.

As far as what DMCH thinks of me, if I had said
anything false about them I am sure a letter from
their lawyer would have been sent over night fed-ex to
my door with a cease and desist.

> Moderators - please stop this SonnyV thread once and
> for all and
> let's get back to DML's core value - our DeLoreans!

Stop the thread? But who gets the last word??

If you want a thread to end, don't respond to it.

Yup.. Lets get back to talking about tires AGAIN, or
oil AGAIN, or insurance AGAIN...  No one cares about
discussions about the quality of our vendors?

> Sonny V or not - The truth is that DMC Houston is
> our best guarantee
> for DeLorean specific parts in the future, either
> stock or re-made.

And therefore we should allow them to be deceptive??
I don't think so.

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250