From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2460
Date: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 1:03 AM

1. Re: Can't Get Reverse With My D Manual Transmission (DMC Joe)
From: mike p <cambpd_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: The Rare Deloreans
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

3. Re: The Rare Deloreans
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

4. Re: Fuel Distributor Problems
From: Jeff Phillips <rvparty_at_dml_gmail.com>

5. Re: The Rare Deloreans
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

6. RE: Vandalized D
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

7. Re: Setting CO mixture
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

8. Re: The Rare Deloreans
From: AJL521_at_dml_aol.com

9. Re: Throttle problems
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

10. RE: Fuel Distributor Problems
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

11. Re: EPOXY COATING ON FRAMES
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. RE: Lambda system/duty cycle
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

13. RE: The Rare Deloreans
From: Christian Williams <delorean_at_dml_framezero.com>

14. Re: Proto 1 Looking for flap sander
From: "Lawrence J, Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:04:04 -0800 (PST)
From: mike p <cambpd_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Can't Get Reverse With My D Manual Transmission (DMC Joe)

Thanks for the "Bolt From Hell" info Bill.  I'm going
to give it a try in the Spring.  Sounds like a totally
frustrating way to spend a Saturday afternoon, but
hey, we love it!

Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:04:38 -0000
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: The Rare Deloreans

kirk,

Possibly this one :

http://www.dmcnews.com/Resource/Prototype/prototype.html

this car has the sliding windows and possibly(most likely) the ONLY
stainless Steel factory frame. (according to James Espey)

But any Delorean that was a "factory only" or assigned car(not
intended to be sold to the general public) such as vin #502 or 538 or
the pilot car or vin 569 or 570(my previous delorean) or even Jonny
Carsons delorean, or any Delorean under vin 648 (first car sold to
the gereral public was I think vin # 649)will always be cars
of "interest" which would increase their value above the normal.Maybe
not to the 100K mark but certainly to a "special interest" amount. As
these cars have some kind of factory history,wheather it was as a
test mule or as a factory exective assigned car.

Claude

Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:13:33 -0000
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

Kirk,

I know of a custom Yellow DeLorean with a custom Yellow 1/2 D trailer
that the owner would take 100k for.

Ron

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "delorean02378" <delorean02378_at_dml_y...>

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:22:42 -0600
From: Jeff Phillips <rvparty_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Distributor Problems

I think that we are going to need more information to help you out.
You say that it won't accellerate when giving it more throttle.  What
does it do?  If it literaly does nothing but idle when you hit the gas
then you probably have a disconnected throttle linkage or broken
throttle cable.  Operate the throttle spindle by hand to eliminate the
cable.

Otherwise, increasing the throttle should have some effect, it should
either accellerate the engine RPMs if all is working fine, or kill the
engine.  Lets assume the fuel distributor is bad and not providing
more fuel, pressing the throttle opens the throttle plates which
increases the oxygen which without increased gas would cause the
engine to quit.  I'm guessing that this is what you are experiencing
but some more information will yield better help from the list.

Jeff
#10544

Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:26:06 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

Kirk,

The Gold Delorean that was in Snyder, TX is no longer there.
It currently resides in a museum in California.  Keep an eye
on the list here for some new, upcoming detailed information,
photos and a video "walk-around" of this rare car, soon.

Besides the "move" of the Snyder, TX Gold Delorean, here are
a few more corrections to your post.  This Gold Delorean does
have 7 miles on the odometer and most likely was driven these
miles before it was delivered and had its fluids drained.
There were two Gold Deloreans made during 1981 and a third
Gold Delorean carries the last VIN of the last Delorean built.

There are rumors of additional Deloreans that were gold plated
after they were purchased, including a few in Saudi Arabia,
but none of these Deloreans were gold plated "at the factory".
One "afermarket" gold car is rumored to be on the East Coast.

As for other rare Deloreans that may bring over $100K purchase
price include the Legend Twin Turbo VIN...502, once it's full
restoration is completed.  The very first production Delorean
VIN...500 may also carry a 6 figure price tag, if ever sold.

Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:03:23 -0500
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: RE: Vandalized D

<<
So unless your vandals we're experienced DeLorean thieves I'm very surprised
at their discovery of the hidden electrical compartment.

DMC Joe

I agree. My opinion though? You showed your car at a car show and someone asked a lot of questions and was sure to make note of where all the important stuff was.  I have heard of this happening before - crooks wandering thru car shows pretending to be interested in the car but they are actually casing it out....

beware giving too much info!

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:07:27 -0500
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Setting CO mixture

First check the big connector on the ECU behind the drivers seat, under the
shelf, make sure its firmly seated. In fact remove it and reseat it. Also
check to make sure you have a good ground connection to the ECU bracket.
I've run a separate ground wire from the engine block directly to the ECU.
Check and make sure the connection from the CO sensor is connected. If none
of these change anything you may need to hookup with another D owner and try
a swap of the ECU to see if that fixes it. I think John Hervey sells
refurbished ECU's.

Dave Sontos
vin02573

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 16:25:14 EST
From: AJL521_at_dml_aol.com

I would argue that a car with a famous owner of record would also have a
somewhat higher resale value then another DeLorean in the same condition, for
example John Z's personal car, or Johnny Carson's DeLorean (in fact isn't the
current owner of Carson's D on the list)

Of course a documented BTTF Delorean with the modifications would have extra
collectors value also.

Andrew

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:16:30 -0500
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Throttle problems

I don't know why you listed the subject as a Fuel Distributor problem.
It sounds like a throttle cable malfunction.

You need to supply more information on the problem:
Does the throttle spool on top of the engine move when you press down on the
accelerator pedal?
Is the accelerator pedal attached to the cable?
Does this only happen when the car is cold?
When was the last tune-up?
How old is the gas in the tank?
When was the car last drillable?

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 18:23:16 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Dear Thanks, Could be a lot of things, but my first thought is the fuel
pressure. Bad fuel filter. Maybe a WUR.

Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 00:21:01 -0000
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: EPOXY COATING ON FRAMES

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Carl Davis" <carldavis_at_dml_f...> wrote:

>  Hello, I was wondering if there was a problem with applying POR-14, type
>  product directly over good epoxy?   I have sections of my frame that the
> epoxy appears to be in good condition, but there are small sections where
>  its starting to chip/flake off, I was wondering about coating the frame
>  with the POR-14, and wanted to see if the epoxy would have to be removed
> first. Thanks for any info.

Het I did that to my frame cause it had a few small bad spots and it works
great .. u just have to sand the epoxy a little to scuff it up and then put the por
15 on.. Dave..vin 15275

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 18:31:56 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Lambda system/duty cycle

Phil, Something is overriding the signal from the 02 sensor to the ECU then
to the FV. If the 02 sensor has been exposed to a lot of fuel contamination
due to running rich in the past year then it may be contaminated so bad it
can't monitor the air in the exhaust. Get a reading from the 02 as it heats
up to see if it's sending a voltage to the ECU. Also, the FV may not be
opening. I have several good used ones it you need to try one. As you did
the WOT switch would over ride the ECU function.

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:04:14 -0800 (PST)
From: Christian Williams <delorean_at_dml_framezero.com>

I seem to remember reading that the Snyder car moved recently and there
was a lot of hype about magazine exclusives detailing its relocation.
Where is the car now?

-Christian

 The car has been sold

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:05:09 -0500
From: "Lawrence J, Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Proto 1 Looking for flap sander

sanding Flaps How many at A time do we have to order? Very interested.
Lawrence, Mi Vin# 00538